[SP-F2] A Time To Train - Working Things Out <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> - COMPLETE!

An errant blow caused Brax to miss his mark, his wild and unfocused attacks leading to the inevitable: Brax missed the rock by a large margin, his full weight behind the attack making him fall flat on his face.  Laying out on the ground, dirt from the summit filling his nostrils and throat as he attempted to catch his breath, Brax stayed prone for several moments and...lost the energy that had accumulated so quickly...throughout his body and mind, and quite possibly his soul.  Raising up to his knees, he found himself staring into the wizened face of the old man who live here, staring in his experienced gaze with a confused expression on Brax's own.

Edited by Brax

ID 47266

Spoiler

BD 8 +2 ACC

Brax 80/80 EN 1/20

Giant Rock -3/50 DEAD [1 + 3 DMG]

"That was most interesting, young one.  Now do you see?" the old man cackled at Brax, still down on the ground and up on his knees as if in prayer.  "The rock brings out many things from the one who faces it.  Whether it is joy, peace, anger, frustration, love.....the stone forces you to face what you cannot hope to know.  By confronting your...yourself, you find what you seek.  Do you understand, finally?"  Brax looked at the almost destroyed Giant Rock, littered with cracks and just about done with it's 'immortal' existence.  "I..." he faltered in his words, unable to get out of his throat what he needed to say, "I...do, sensei.  I...understand.  The stone...is a reflection...a mirror for my...unwavering self.  By...striking at it...I break down the barriers...that house my inadequacies.  By tearing it down...I find myself.  I find...my true path..."  It was...much more philosophical...than he had expected, this journey up the mountain.  "But, my emotions, they..."  "They took control, yes I know.  You cannot be afraid to lose yourself like that, young one.  No matter what 'damage' you think may hold you back," the old man grinned with a mouth of misshaped teeth at that, "you must be willing to embrace ALL of yourself, inadequacies and everything.  Only then will you find what you seek.  Only then...will you find...the man you are."  With that, the old man stepped back, indicating that the rock was still unbroken.  Brax stood up, getting off of his knees and strode over to the stone.  With a final blow he shattered the rock, breaking it into a million tiny shards that rose up into the mountain mists above.  Turning to regard the old one, he saw nothing but the hut as the mists began to overtake the area once again, veiling the place from view.  A whisper flowed from around him, almost gently speaking into his ear with the words "Farewell, Brandon, and may your journey to find your past...be successful...farewell..."

In a rare moment of emotions, probably a result of the neurochemical storm that had taken him moments ago, Brax's mouth gaped open like a fish at the fleeting comment, unsure and...weirded out by the unnerving response.  "How..." he said almost in a whisper, then shaking his head left the idea alone.  That was a thread that should not be pulled at, for fear of unravelling something like his sanity.  His task accomplished, Brax began to make his way down the mountain to the town of Urbus, definitely in need of a rest.  And, a moment to contemplate what the old man meant.

Summary

400 col + 2 SP + Martial Arts Extra Skill + 7 materials + 220 col

THREAD COMPLETE!

Edited by Brax