(SP-F2) Lost Child <<Let There Be light>> [COMPLETE]

"Teleport, Floor 2." Blue light slowly envelop him as he stand on the town portal. Still recovering from his hangover yesterday due to drinking too much he tries to support himself as best as he can so that he would be properly transported to the next floor. Nevertheless, his equipment shines bright and polished, as if it is just newly bought. The blacksmith have done a great job in restoring his equipment. Having finished his business in Floor 1, he decided to move to the next one to look around to see if there are any changes.

Seconds later, the sight of the town in Floor 2 enter his peripheral vision. Looking around, the amount of player here could not be compared to the floor below. Only those who have business here such as finding for quest or training would really go here, and even then the monster do not even provide experience point to level up, except for those who just started their adventure. Stepping out of the town portal, he almost trip down. The world spin like crazy and his body felt heavier than usual. The alcohol effect still in his body system, Yuji takes a sit on the nearest bench and shut his eyes. 

The sound of sobbing and desperation could be heard, waking him up from his nap. Looking around, he could see an old woman dressed like a villager; her dress worn down and the brown colour seems lighter than usual with patches and stitches here and there to while her red hood removed from her head. She cries and pleads from one player to another, even going as far as to kneel in front of them while shouting "please save my daughter!” No one pay any attention and just ignore her plead for help as they walk straight playing deaf person. Irritated at the way they treated the old lady, Yuji rushed towards the woman and helps her stand slowly from the ground.

Edited by Yuji

“What seems to be the problem you having with your daughter, madam?” Still crying Yuji guides her to a bench and let her sit down so that she can calm down. It took her few minutes before she could talk, albeit with some sobbing every now and then. “My daughter…she said that she went out to play with her friend….-sob-… at the nearest cave. I told her not to…-sob-….go there and she abides at first…but…went I go out and returned home later…she…I tried to look around for he but it as been 3 hours and I can’t still find her!”

At that word, she cries once more. Yuji nod to himself, understanding her current situation she’s facing right now. Apparently her daughter went out to play at this mentioned cave but did not come home after a while. A green pointer appears on top of her head, a sign that a quest has been trigger. His first quest in a while, Yuji pumped himself up and cracks his finger. “Do not worry madam; I will help you find your daughter. For now please head home and get some rest, that will you help to calm down. Your daughter will be safe, I promise you.” The quest window appears in front of him, waiting for his confirmation.

<<Let There Be Light>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2
This quest is repeatable for Col only

This RP will not count in the benchmark

tumblr_m4xz7qzTO41r1v8ydo1_500.gif

You have been approached by a worried NPC Mother. She is erratic, and asks you to help find her missing child. She tells you that her child was playing in one of the caverns on the second floor with their friend, but they were attacked my monsters, their friend got away but they are still missing. As you approach the cave you realize that it's pitch black inside and that it has affected your mission with vision disabilities.

Requirements:

-Rp must be at least 1 full page long (21 or more posts)
-Due to the cave's darkness and there being no light, any players that chose to enter the cave receive a -1 debuff on all dice rolls unless they have <<Night Vision>>.
-
You must fight two <<Giant Bats>> 
-You must find the lost child

Pressing the confirm button, the quest has been added to his quest log in the menu.

She lifts her head up, her eyes filled with glimmers of hope. Poor mother must have been worried sick of her daughter. Yuji cannot help but think of his mother who would probably feel the same for him right now. “..I’m sorry mom; please hold on a bit longer. And stay strong…for your son is trying his hardest here to survive…” Yuji grips his hand tight, his heart filled with courage once more.

“Thank you, kind adventurer. This is my address to my home. Please, once you find my daughter bring her back safely. Until then, I will do as you say.” Yuji nod, accepting the duty.

“Nietono, Bakuyagai, Reiji…alright, all set. Looks like the blacksmith put together some new enchantment on my beloved equipment.” He equips them all, feeling the power surge through him. Examining his stats, every status when up by a considerable amount of point. Still, with the increase in aggressiveness and the random behavior the monster underwent these few months, Yuji cannot help but feel worried of the child.

“I better stop worrying and start searching for her instead. Every minute counts.” He walks quickly towards the north end of the town, watching the road ahead along the way so that he would not collide with anyone while he rushes. Everyone stared at him as he walks past the players, startled by his behavior. Yuji did not want to act rude, but he really did not want to risk the life of the kid in exchange for his moral and attitude. “Let them think whatever they want, I care not for their view.”

Eventually arriving at the gate, he opens his map through his menu. The field on Floor 2 had been fully mapped, but sometimes caves and small dungeons alike appear when player venture around randomly. As to how it appears, no one could give a better explanation. They all have concluded that the system randomly generated one. The risk in exploring these areas would be high, but those who brave it and return alive would gain fortunes beyond words.

That being said, those who went in fully unprepared meet their end easily. Not even a single word from these foolish players after that.

He scours through the map, trying to pinpoint the place where the child could have gone. As a kid, she could have not strayed far, so the cave must have been around the vicinity of the city. Closing the map, Yuji step outside the safe area and begin his search for the cave.

Wandering around the field, not even a single person could be seen. The sight of the field stretches far soured his face. Getting impatient with each passing seconds, Yuji increase his pace and walks faster. Sometimes he run around, retracing his steps once in a while to search for any available hint that he could missed along the way.

Something flutters about at the corner of his eye. He looks to his left side and try to focus on that direction. Something red, a cloth or some sort carried by the wind before landing softly on the grass. Yuji run to it, picking it up and examine the piece of cloth. Apparently someone must have been stuck to something sharp and got its cloth tear as it tries to break free. He searches the direction from where the wind blows to find it blowing from the west. Putting the piece of cloth in his inventory in the key item tab, Yuji quickly runs towards that direction.

He arrives at his intended location; the entrance to a cave, or at least he hopes so. There can be no other place that child could have played because further than this cave and they would have die by the monster roaming about freely on the plain in groups. He peers inside the cave; no source of light inside the cave makes it too dark to even see anything inside. Sound of some wings beating in the cave could be heard as he leans closer to the entrance. This could be hard, no; this will definitely be hard for him. Without proper skill or source of light, no way can he explore the cave properly.

“ARGHH, worry about that later Yuji. Right now someone depends on you.” He steel himself and enters the cave.

(Due to lack of light, all roll dice with exception of MD will become -1 for as long as player is inside the cave)

“Ouch!” His head hit something, again. He feels around with both hands, touching the rock above his head. “Curse this rock. If only it is not immortal…”

He has travel inside the cave for a long time, or at least that’s what he thinks. He try not to look at the current time to avoid getting depress in this already depressing state. The ceiling of this cave gets lower as he travel deep inside the cave until to the point it touch his hair. He rub his head and stop for a moment, focusing on the sound inside the cave.

The lack of light in this really slows him down. He has to stick close to the wall to proceed ahead, and even then he have to stop so that he can catch his breath. Dark shadows lurk ahead, a pair of red eyes stare at him on every corner; the presence of monster everywhere force him to put his guard up. He regrets not making a thorough preparation for this quest.

“No, no. Concentrate now and don’t go regretting everything Yuji.” Pushing away his thought, he closes his eyes and concentrates hard. “Please, make some sort of sound for me…”

“…..lp”

“..!” Yuji opens his eyes, catching that barely audible voice in his hearing. That voice does not seem to be far from his current position, but that could change if he did not take his move now. He draw his trusted sword and proceed forward.

Edited by Yuji

ID# 47330  

BD: 1+2(accuracy bonus)-1   CD: 11-1   LD: 8-1   MD: 9

“I’m sure the source of voice is right around this area…” He looks around for any sign of the child or anything that could help him; more rocks and …rocks. He sighs, disappointed that he could not arrived faster. If only he could run here, but the sounds of his footsteps would attract the monsters in this cave and he do not want to found the child with monsters behind him. That would greatly endanger her life.

Having no choice to move further deep inside the cave, he proceed once more. That’s when he noticed a silhouette in front of him. Something approaches him, slowly but surely. The sounds of boots filled the cave as it gets closer to him. Holding his breath, he too approaches this mysterious being.

Without any warning, the figure lets out a cry and jump at him. Knocking Yuji over, he drop to the ground, his hands shield his face. It smells stinks to the point where he could vomit on the spot. Concentrating his peripheral vision, the figure becomes apparent to him. However, being in the inferior position Yuji could not take any action other than defending himself, even if he know what the thing would do next.

The orc raises his club high and bring it down on Yuji, hitting his hands repeatedly. The pain of being hit force his brain to think faster. Finally engaged in a combat after being absent for who knows how long have dulled his senses.

He push the club towards the orc as it land on him, putting strength behind his arm. Yuji manages to push the orc away from him, allowing him to stand up and step backward as fast as he can.

“I have no time for you!”

Yuji falls down. Can’t attack this turn

Orc land critical hit on Yuji, dealing 1 point of damage.

Yuji:  71/72 HP    18/18 Energy

Orc: 8/8 HP    6 Damage/2 Damage Mitigation

Edited by Yuji

ID# 47331

BD: 7+2 (Accuracy bonus)-1   CD: 10-1 (Natural 10, recover 3 energy)   LD: 3-1   MD: 8

In this fight, Yuji has the upper hands in terms of power. The problem lays in the fact that this orc have accustomed itself to the darkness in this cave, allowing it to maneuver without any problem.  Yuji on the other hand swings his sword here and there, trying to land a hit but fail to do so due to the orc manage to avoid him.

“Stop moving, I can’t hit you properly in this darkness.” He racks his brain on how to improvise his current situation. Although the orc could not even scratch his armor with the damage it have, to feel the pain every single time without any chance to retaliate would only endangers the life of the child as Yuji waste his time here.

He trip on a rock as he slowly move back, sending him stumbling backward. As a result, he leaves himself wide open, which the orc gladly take the opportunity and land another hit on him. The club smash him on the chest, Yuji grit his teeth to endure the pain. Desperate to end this battle quickly, Yuji holds the club with his left hand and pulls the orc towards him. Having pulled it towards his range of attack, he quickly slashes from left to right cutting the orc in the chest.

Yuji hit orc successfully; dealing 5 points of damage and consume 1 energy (1 base+3 weapon+3 mastery-2 damage mitigation)

Orc land a hit on Yuji, dealing 1 point of damage. (6 damage - 25 Damage Mitigation)

Yuji:  70/72 HP    17/18 Energy

Orc: 3/8 HP    6 Damage/2 Damage Mitigation

Edited by Yuji

ID# 47334

BD: 2+2 (Accuracy Bonus)-1   CD: 6-1   LD: 14-1   MD: 5   [Recover 1 energy]

Forcefully letting of the club he held on, Yuji pressed on his attacks. Randomly slashing in every direction, his sword hit the wall and the ceiling with each swing. The orc handle his attack well by staying far from his range, forcing Yuji to move close to the orc. Even with all the attack, Yuji could not connect it, and his hand felt numb each time the sword hit the rock.

Judging his action as a futile attempt, Yuji stops his tactic and opts to waiting for the right moment to strike. The orc quickly go for an attack at him as he stops swinging his swords. Yuji dodges to the right, relying heavily to his instinct instead of his sight. He then retreats backward, creating a space between him and the orc as he successfully evade the attack.

“This orc may be weak, but with my sight robed away by this darkness I could not act well. I could barely see the outline of its body. I guess I have to risk myself getting hit. This will hurt like hell…..” With no other choice, Yuji shouldered his sword and lower his body slightly; his left leg in front of his right.

“Now then, let’s see how you handle this.”

Yuji failed to attack orc.

Orc failed to attack Yuji.

Yuji:  70/72 HP    17/18 Energy

Edited by Yuji

ID# 47335

BD: 4+2 (Accuracy Bonus)-1   CD: 2   LD: 20   MD: 1   [Recover 1 energy]

His sword begins to glow red, releasing a bright glow that illuminate the area around the sword. Entering the motion for his Sword Arts <Vertical Arc>, he times his attack carefully so that he could land his hit.

Upon seeing him activating his sword arts, the orc rush forwards. The sound of the footsteps gets louder, Yuji unleash his skill, this time confident that he could hit it. A look of confusion appears in his face as his sword slices the empty air. However, the skill did not stop there; his hand automatically slash upward diagonally to the left, forming the letter V.  The second slash manages to knock the orc’s club away from his hand upon impact, rendering him weaponless.

“I guess that’s better than nothing. Would have loved to slice through its body cleanly with that skill just now though….”He holds his sword with his both hand, readying himself for his next course of action.

Yuji failed to attack orc with his Sword Arts <Vertical Arc>. Loses 2 energy.

Orc failed to attack Yuji.

Yuji:  70/72 HP    16/18 Energy

Edited by Yuji

ID# 47416  

BD: 7+2-1  CD: 10-1  (Natural 10, recover 3 energy)  LD: 1-1   MD: 8

Its weapon out of reach, the orc lets out a sharp cry. The sound echoes deep in the cave. Yuji can only hope that did not alert the other monster. Who is he kidding; the sound of him clashing with the orc must have attracted some monster by now. Realizing that, Yuji raise his sword high and aim for the orc, his eyes are locked on the orc. Not going to back down so easily, the monster bite him in the chest as hard as it can. Enduring that sharp pain, he thrust the blade towards the orc, ending its life. "Geh, that took a bit longer than what I expected..."

Yuji: 69/72 HP   18/18 Energy

Goblin: 0/8 (7-2)=5 Damage

Edited by Yuji

(Recovers 3 health)

"Tch, I should train more if I struggle this hard."  Sheathing his sword, Yuji look around and search for the direction from where he enter the cave earlier. In this darkness there really is no differentiating between north and south. Luckily the air current is still somewhat detectable, allowing him to pinpoint the path out of this cave.

Satisfied with his discovery, he walk the opposite path and resume his search for the child. 

Along the way, he feel like he forgetting something important. It keeps tugging in his mind, forcing him to try and remember it. And so he do that, but it slips from his mind everytime he hear some noise deep inside the cave. Eventually forgetting it altogether, he just focus on finding the girl.

Walk he did, and far have he traveled inside the cave but not one sign of the girl. Fearing for he worst, he hasten his steps as he gets impatient. Not wanting to let his fear become reality, the only way to prevent it is by rescuing her quickly. Fully vulnerable in that state, a bat decided to knock him over; the attempt was successful and Yuji once again have to race against time as he fight this new enemy.

ID# 47417

BD: 1+2-1  CD: 1   LD: 13  MD: 10

Yuji: 71/72 HP  (3+2-25)= 1 Damage

Dire Bat: 10/10  (3 Damage/3 Mitigation)

ID# 47454 results:

Battle: 8

Craft: 1

Loot: 5

MOB: 5

BD: 8+2-1  

Dire Bat; monster that live by preying on small monsters and sometimes, although not all the time, preys that are bigger than them. Relying on their ability to use sound-waves, they hunt down on their unsuspecting preys in the dark. Able to grow from range of as small as a player head to as big as an average size of a human body. Contrary to the popular belief, Dire Bat don't suck bloods from their prey. 

Facing one in this cave is natural. After all, where else could they live. It's annoying how he gets ambushed by them though.

Yuji take out his sword, staring at the direction where the bat is. Thanks to the sound of its flapping wings Yuji could pinpoint its location. All he need to do is time his attacks.

The bat swoops down, going for the attack. Responding to its movement, Yuji swing down his sword and hit th bat, slamming it to the ground.

Yuji: 71/72 HP  

Dire Bat: 6/10  (3 Damage/3 Mitigation)  [1+3+3-3]= 4 damage

ID# 47457 results:

Battle: 5+2-1

Craft: 3-1

Loot: 14-1

MOB: 3

His perfectly timed attack on the bat have rendered its mobility. Furthermore, the impact from slamming directly to the ground have send it unconscious. Although strong in fight involving opponents that were caught off guard, having a frai body impose danger of it being killed in just one hit when fighting against superior opponent.

Still, against someone weak this bat could easily take their life. A creature one wants to avoid if not prepared.

Raising his sword steadily with both hand, Yuji bring it down on the bat...

and swing his weapon like a golf club while the bat still lies on the ground...

hitting it far away into the cave, waking it up in the process.

Yuji: 71/72 HP  

Dire Bat: 2/10  (3 Damage/3 Mitigation)  [1+3+3-3]= 4 damage

ID# 47460 results:

Battle: 10+2-1

Craft: 2-1

Loot: 4-1

MOB: 2

Taking continuous hit from Yuji, the bat unsteadily try to regain its bearing. The bat swayed left and right as it fly, wings flapping weakly. Taking it as a chance for him to land the decisive strike, Yuji enter the motion for his Sword Arts <Sonic Leap>.

Unleashing it, he easily cover the distance between him and the bat, hitting it after that. Striking right at bat's vital point, the Dire Bat is dead by the time its HP reach the end of the gauge. Seeing the bat shatters into pixels, he resume his quest.

Yuji: 71/72 HP    15/18 Energy

Dire Bat: 0/10  (3 Damage/3 Mitigation)  [1+3+3-3+2]= 6(1*3)= 18 damage

Edited by Yuji

Continuing further deep the cavern, he would hear cries of bat once in a while. Yuji hurries forward, getting closer to the source of the sound. At the end of the path, he would reach a spacious area, with a child at the center of the room. Yuji quickly approach her, confirming her safety.

Despite her tattered white dress and messy face, she does not seem to be injured anywhere. The lack of light makes it hard for him to confirm the fact, although it is safe to say that the kid does not sustain any physical trauma. He try to calm her down as she would not stop crying for her mom, patting her head while saying that she will be fine.

That being said, this spacious area is not here for decoration. He would love to get out of this cave quickly but this child could not cooperate with him in her state. 

"What to do...."

Two pair of eyes, bright red, looking down on its preys. Unsuspecting of the looming threat, Yuji think hard of what to do next.

ID# 47914

BD: 1+2-1  CD: 9  MD: 10

*SHRIEK*

Sounds of wings flapping fast can be heard above his head, from behind. Knowing that he could not react on time, he shield the child with his own body, protecting her from upcoming attack.

In an instance, two <Giant Bat> dive towards him and scratch his back. Thanks to is armor, the damage is mostly mitigated and the child is out of harm. With his left arm around the child, he turn back and swing his weapon to the side. The bat fly upward, evading the blow. 

He sheath his weapon and carry the child, going behind the rock. "Sit here and don't go anywhere. I will bring you to your mother later, ok?" The child nod weakly, scared of what happen just now.

For now, Yuji just have to dray away their attention from the child and make them focus on him instead. As long as he keep them busy, they can't go near the child.

"They look strong though...."

Yuji: 69/72 HP  15/18 Energy

Giant Bat #1: 50/50 HP  (12 Damage, 9 mitigation)

Giant Bat #2: 50/50 HP

ID #47918 

BD: 1+2-1  CD: 3   MD: 2

Giant Bat.

Stronger than its peer, this bat, true to its name, is larger than dire bat. With its huge size, they could take on any foe and put up a fight against strong adventurer. Although their huge size makes them easier to hit, their toughness makes up for this weakness.They prey upon goblins and smaller monster, but they rarely show themselves. Only when hunting can this monster be sighted and even then they are quick to disappear.

Yuji arriving here means that this child is about to become their victims. If one is more than enough to create trouble, then two would definitely give him hell. Alone, he have to fight aggressively to defeat this bats. That being said, he could not even land a hit on this foe, He move from one place to another,  avoiding all the attacks from the bat. With both side could not hit each other, the battle continues.

Yuji: 69/72 HP  15/18 Energy

Giant Bat #1: 50/50 HP  

Giant Bat #2: 50/50 HP

ID# 48019

BD: 10+2-1  CD: 12 (Recover 3 energy)  MD: 6

He direct his gaze for a moment at the girl, checking whether she's alright or not. In that moment, with a quick movement the bat begin its moves by catching him off-guard during the time he direct his attention elsewhere. Unable to block the attack, he receive another claw mark from the 2 bat. Slowly anger and frustration swelling inside him begin to shows in his face. Angered at his attacks not landing, frustrated that a simple fight takes so long to finish.

"Haaaaaah!" With a deft handling on his sword, he trace the shape of a star on the nearest bat who is unfortunate to go near him. His sword glows bright, the final slash blow away the bat across the room and send it slamming against the wall. Sword Arts <Star Quint Prominence>, a strong sword art but have longer cooldown. Still, it worth the risk considering how it landed beautifully on the boss.

Yuji: 67/72 HP  9/18 Energy

Giant Bat #1: 5/50 HP  (7+2)=9(3*2)=54-9=45 damage

ID# 48020

BD: 6+2-1  CD: 7  LD: 13-1  MD: 1

With the first bat out of action, the fight becomes easier to handle. The second bat rush at him, but Yuji dodge right before the bat could ram him by quickly jumping to the right. Instead of hitting him, the bat went crashing down to the floor instead. Yuji run forward, aiming for the first bat. The bat is a bit far from where he is though. "No choice then." He press his left foot to the ground, his sword begin to glow bright blue. Kicking the ground, he zooms forward at incredible speed. Sword Arts <Sonic Leap> being unleashed, he leaps at the first enemy and lands the finishing blow before the bat could wake up from fainting.

Yuji: 67/72 HP  6/18 Energy

Giant Bat #1: 0/50 HP   7(1*3)=21-9=12 damage   (Gain 5*50= 250 col + 1mats)

Edited by Yuji