Star light star bright <<Let There Be Light>> (Brax)

Spoiler

<<Let There Be Light>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2
This quest is repeatable for Col only

This RP will not count in the benchmark

tumblr_m4xz7qzTO41r1v8ydo1_500.gif

You have been approached by a worried NPC Mother. She is erratic, and asks you to help find her missing child. She tells you that her child was playing in one of the caverns on the second floor with their friend, but they were attacked my monsters, their friend got away but they are still missing. As you approach the cave you realize that it's pitch black inside and that it has affected your mission with vision disabilities.

Requirements:

-Rp must be at least 1 full page long (21 or more posts)
-Due to the cave's darkness and there being no light, any players that chose to enter the cave receive a -1 debuff on all dice rolls unless they have <<Night Vision>>.
-
You must fight two <<Giant Bats>> 
-You must find the lost child

Giant Bat Information:

<Giant Bat> is a Field mob and has the following statistics:
Giant Bat: 50 HP
Damage per Attack: 12

Rewards:

1. 1 Skill Point On Completion.
  2. A Col Value of your Loot Dice multiplied by 25

Closing up my shop for the day I walked up to the job board in the middle of town and saw that there was a quest that was lower level that must have slipped my mind. It told me to go up to floor two and I should be approached by some mother asking me to help find her daughter. I thought that it would be a simple enough quest but I decided to message someone who may be interested in joining me on my trip. I looked through my menu and selected Brax and sent him a short message asking him to join me on floor two to do the quest Let There Be Light. I knew that it would be a little till he responded but regardless I decided to leave for the teleport plaza and head up there for the beginning of the quest. 

I walked into the plaza and stood on one of the teleport platforms and called out "Floor Two" the familiar white light consumed me and I was soon greeted with the landscape of floor two. I walked a ways from the teleport platform and found myself right outside the safe zone of the town. I figured it would be easier to meet near the starting point of the quest so I headed there and found a tree to lean up against. I saw the small hut and the mother crying on the porch but I waited to engage her until I heard back from Brax.

Brax was again out and about in the wilds, his hunting trips going decently well.  It was during one of these trips that Brax received a PM from Coddexx, seeking help for a quest involving some bats and a child on Floor Two.  'Hmm, a child lost in a cave,' he mused to himself, discomfort slightly affecting his normally unflinching countenance.  'I...hope that I do not have to...handle the child.  My...emotional breadth...would be insufficient to the task.  Very good that Coddexx is the one who is initiating the endeavor, thus I have...assistance in that regard.'  Ending his trip earlier than planned, Brax made his way from the sixth floor, the Amazonian jungles that dominated the area, passing by several intimidating warrior women as he approached the teleport plaza.  On his first foray here, he had not paid an overly abundant amount of attention to the NPCs that populated the settlement, choosing instead to quickly make his way to the Waterfall of the Sage for...meditative purposes, and a intensive training session, which he had yet to finish.  And again now, as he swiftly moved through the homes consisting of canvas and bark, he did not bother to truly appreciate the...natural splendor...of the area.  Reaching the plaza, Brax stepped through the arch and with the statement "Teleport, Urbus!" his virtual body vanished, transporting his way to where Coddexx awaited his arrival.

Traipsing through the medieval town, Brax strode through the streets with a purposeful gait, his metal clad feet clanging as he walked.  The sound rang clearly through the air, muffled only by the other people and NPCs and their noisy lives as they conducted the business of Floor Two's most dominate settlement.  He made good time to the edge of the town, seeing a dark and supple leather-bound adventurer that could only be his travelling companion, silver blade strapped to his side.  As he approached, Brax could hear the faint sounds of a crying woman wafting over the breeze, presumably the NPC who was the quest giver.  "Hail, Coddexx," he said once he had gotten into range, "I...believe your PM stated you have found a quest for us to embark upon?"

Glad to see Brax I walked up and returned his greeting. "It's nice to see you. It's been a bit." Looking over at the crying mother I walked up to the porch having Brax follow close behind. " if it's good with you I was wanting to take on the quest let there be light. If you're up for it I'll go talk to her I could use a little help I'm not quite ready to take it on by myself." Approaching the crying mother I was able to offer my aid and through her tears I was able to understand that her daughter had gotten lost in a cave nearby and she wanted to have us go and save her. Taking a deep breath I continued the conversation until the quest window popped up. I then left telling the mother that I would be back.  I opened my menu looking at Brax. I opened the option and sent a request to share the quest with him. "So are you interested?"

"Yes, very much so."  He was almost...eager in his acceptance of the offer, though that would be...most definitely out of character for him.  "I am...quite appreciative that you wish not to do the quest alone, as I would be...rather ill-suited for the personal interactions...the quest requires.  I...thank you for inviting me."  Brax explained the situation as best he could, and with a flick of his own fingers accepted both the party invite and the quest itself.  "It will also give me an opportunity to further test my new Sword Arts.  Specifically, I have...managed to Grandmaster my Battle-Axe.  I have already embarked on several hunting and training journeys, but still...the power that they unleash...requires further study to completely master."  As they began walking away from the NPC mother into the wilds, Brax decided that the moment might require...frivolous conversation.  As he already knew, Coddexx was a more...sociable individual, and perhaps would be...more at ease with some banter.  Though, truthfully, Brax was not one for idle chitchat, his socialization studies did dictate that, at times, such things as trivial conversation were...a necessity.  And so, he said abruptly, "So, how...have you...been?"  His words came out relatively stilted and gruffly, as Brax was supremely unused to being the instigator of such engagements.

Glad that Brax seemed unusually eager to help out with the quest we made our way out into the forest to find the cave that the girl had been trapped in.  Hearing of Brax's accomplishments I was glad to hear that he had became so strong. "Congrats. What level are you at right now? If you don't mind my asking." As Brax asked me a question I could tell that he was uncomfortable so I kept my answer short and sweet." I've been pretty well.  Been putting those materials to good use." As I answered his question I kept my eyes open for any sign of a cave. It made me feel like quite the hero, going out and trying to find some lost girl and save her. Taking in a deep breath I focused on the task at hand seeing a rock formation to my right, changing my course to see what it was.

"I do not mind.  I have reached...level 22, almost to 23.  A bit of a low level to have a Grandmaster skill, but as I travel up through the floors, a powerful weapon is...a necessity."  Brax answered the young man's question clearly and sufficiently, no extraneous use of words so as to explain the situation plainly.  He felt a certain amount of pride in his accomplishment, though the road to get it had been...most uncomfortable.  Hearing himself about how well Coddexx had been doing, he nodded in acknowledgement.  "Good, good to hear."  Eminently satisfied by the answer, Brax's body almost completely released any sort of tension that it held, for it seemed as though Coddexx remembered that he was not one to enjoy idle chitchat.  He also kept a clear eye on the path they were on, focused on finding the cave even as Coddexx led the way.  As the fellow turned to inspect a rock formation, Brax questioned his intentions: "What is it?  Do you see the cave?"