[F1-OP] After The Journey (Complete)

"Staying alive?  I guess.  I mean, I'm still moving around in Aincrad.  For all I know, I could be starving to death in my apartment, you know?  I suppose I could be in a hospital, too.  I hope I have a pretty nurse."  Ishida smacked his bare fists together at the thought; a hopeful look was pleasantly illuminating his face.  As to Brax's observation of the various ongoing activities plaguing the tavern, he took a fine look and assertively nodded his head in agreement.

"You know, I was a troublemaker when I was a kid but I don't nearly as bad as these... mongrels."  Ishida resorted to shrugging his shoulders.  "Oh well, I guess kids will be kids.  More power to them for being able to let loose in a game like this, knowing they are just a hair's breadth away from death.  I'm actually a little jealous, to be honest.  I could.. really use some fun."

"Hmmm...I am well, Teselmar.  The upper floors are...quite invigorating, and so very different from the lower ones both in monsters and scenery.  Currently, I am hunting on Floor Nine, but I required...a change in scenery.  The heat is...almost too much to bear for long stretches of time."  After sufficiently explaining his current situation, Brax posed a question himself to the fair haired man: "What...about yourself?"  Normally, the stoic was not one for idle chit chat, but he logically understood that...it would have been rude to not at least ask about someone, just in case they wished to share something.  He sipped at his drink while waiting for the man's response.

As for Ishida, he had made a joke, or at least it sounded like a joke, about his actual body and a hot nurse to care for him, eliciting a short laugh from Teselmar in addition to a small smile.  Not necessarily wanting to appear less than involved, Brax considered how he would, or perhaps should, respond.  A myriad of answers came and went before he chose one, that being a laugh and a grin, both in succession.  Putting his drink back on the table, Brax sat up straight and let loose three mechanical sounding "Hah-Hah-Hah!"s before putting what could only be described as a giant clown's grin on his face for a few seconds, enough to show he understood the joke.  The smile then vanished, replaced again by his gargoyle-like face and it's absence of emotion.  He spoke afterwards, saying "Yes, that is the hope."  Turning to face Ishida, Brax continued, "Most amusing, Ishida.  By the way," he asked, taking another drink and redirecting the conversation, "I wish to ask, was it that 'fun' you speak of that directed you to insult me last time we met?  I bear no ill will, mind you, but I do wish to understand...why you did so."

Antofer pulled him self up off the floor "uhhh" Antofer felt awful. H....had he passed out from drinking? Antofer looked around his vision blurred for a few moments and caught a glimpse of Phillia leaving. A few strangers said something about fun that he couldn't pick up. Antofer felt fine for a moment even about to get up and see what was going on with this new group, until a wave of guild hit him again. Antofer remembered why he was getting drunk in the first place. He looked at the many empty bottles around him and got up to go sit down at a table alone. He let his head fall and slam on the table, he wouldn't  even register the pain. Antofer felt queasy and wobbly as he thought once more about his dear friend gone. He had killed him self. Antofer hadn't fully accepted he was gone yet but this wasn't the time for crying that had come and gone. No Antofer was only felt with his thoughts and a empty feeling in his gut. Abandon had been a close friend of his so he didn't understand why he did what he did. He had been acting weird but Antofer discarding any suspicions he had. Antofer couldn't help but blame him self, maybe he could have saved him who knows. Antofer felt him self drifting off once more. He didn't fight that darkens. He slowly lost consciousness as the loud chatter of the tavern became white noise.  

Tsubasa still sat beside Antofer waving his arm in front of him.  "Are you OK Antofer?  I've been sitting next to you for quite some time.  Are you sure you are alright, besides being extremely drunk?", Tsubasa asked with a hint of concern.  "After fighting with Iri, protecting him as ordered, having Zeri threaten me, and Phillia try to outsmart me, I surprisingly feel better.  I really hope she took my advice into consideration, because she doesn't think the situation through. I hope Alric was right about having a person so quick to making conclusion protect his little brother.  Anyway, I heard something about you becoming a guild leader, is that true?"