[PP-F7] A black and blue collar job <<Earning a Living>> (Anise)

Zeri appeared on the seventh floor for the very first time. "It looks very nice." Zeri said as he walked around. He was in search for a merchant shop so that Zeri himself can become one. After aimlessly walking around for a a while, Zeri finally find a merchant shop. He walked in and looked around for a bit. After scouting the place out for a few minutes, he walked up to the front desk and said, "Hello! Is anyone here?"

Zandr herd someone enter her Cave that was placed right outside of the safe zone. Thi to give access for playerkillers as well as giving regular players feeling at least a Little safe. A few momets later she herd a male voice. She came into the room with rouch stone walls and barely any furnitures at all. Her Workbench took up a large part of the room, then some stationary Tools and Bookshelfs to find information about different materials and ways that other have created items to enchant them with differetn traits. The short red head walked up to the male, looked up at him with a smile.''Im here. Can I help you with something mister?''

"Well, I've come here in order to learn how to become a merchant. Are you willing to help me?" Zeri said to the woman as he looked around. "I wish she could help." Zeri thought to himself. He also thought that Aincrad could use another merchant since there are so few around, heck he thought that there could be a little more of everything here in this virtual world, but Zeri thought being a merchant could be the most help right now to everyone.

Anise was first gonna say no to the man. She didnt wanted any competion on the market. Thou she almost owned the market as a merchant. But there wuld Always be fun with someone to talk about merchant related stuffs with that other players wouldnt understand. Also the other merchant had disapeared and she didnt knew if she would be able to handle Everything on her own. She also Always liked to help Another player if she could.''Of corse I'll help you.'' she said and gave him a friendly smile.''So, so you know anything at all about how to be a merchant or shall we go from the very basics? I not mean to question your knowledge, just wondered so I wouldnt teach you something you already know, if you get what I mean.''

"Thanks." Zeri said to the woman. "Alright, cool! I get to learn how to become a merchant!" Zeri happily said to himself. Then she asked him if he have any knowledge of the merchant profession. Zeri chuckled, placed his hand of the back of his head and said, "Nope! I know absolutely nothing. So I guess it's best to start off with the basic then work our way up."

So, this was he first apprentice since she had came to Aincrad. She wondered if there would be any more. Well that only future could tell.''Well, the most basic a merchant has is access to the general store.'' she walked over to her Workbench and picked up a paper. Then she walked back to Zeri.''Here is a list of all items you can sell in your shop compared to your rank. Also, under it says Merchant fee and Customer cost. Merchant fee is how much it COSTs for you to buy it from the NPC general store. Then the second where its only an 'X'. There is the price your customers needs to pay for the item. Then you keep the difference. For example. A customer want to buy an antidote potion from you. For you it gonna cost 1,000 Col. Then you youreself decide how much the customer needs to pay. If you choose to sell it for 1,001 Col, you gains 1 Col profit. If you sell it for 1,500 Col you gains 500 Col profit. If you sell it for 5,000 you get 4,00 Col profit. So the higher prices you take the more profit you make. Thou if the prices are to high, you wont get any profit at all since no one gonna buy your items. Is Everything clear thus far?''

Zeri watched as the girl picked up a piece of paper and began to write some stuff down. She explained how the merchant system works and what to do in order to make a profit. "This looks kinda easy." Zeri said to himself after the girl explained everything. "Hmm...That sounds pretty easy." Zeri said.  "So what's next?"

Anise scratched her chin whil thinking about what next."Well, appraisal is the hardest so I guess we take that last. Also if you have any questions just ask."she took a minute to look thru what a merchant can do so she wouldnt miss anything."Oh right, the junk shop."she looked up at him."At the junk shop you not gonna make alot of money probably. There you sell items back to the system. Or in other words delete them. When you sell them you get some Col. Then you decide how much of the Col the customer will get. Like the customer gives me a rare. I delete it for 200 col. Then I give back 150, making a 50 Col profit. Same as general store. The more you give thr customer the less profit. But too high profit makes them not gonna come here and sell it. Everything good this far?"

Zeri had listened to what the girl had to say about the junk shop. To Zeri, this sounded like the easiest thing to do in the world. "Isn't there something else?" Zeri asked himself. " Zeri then scratched his head and ask his 'mentor', "This is sounding very easy. But I have a feeling that there is another part of the shop. Am I right?"

''Yes there is two more things. The custom shop. But that is just where you buy and sell other players items. Like a middle hand kinda.'' she took a breath.''So, the last thing is appraisal. But that is also the hardest one. To go from the basic. First of all, you need an item to appraise. It can be any kind of armour, weapon or shield. When you make a succesfull appraisal it increase in quality. A good one turns umcommon, uncommon turns rare and rare turns perfect. That means you can apprais perfect items since they cant go up in quality. Also, for each try, you gonna consume one material. You hanging in there this far?''

"Custom shop." Zeri said in a little confusing tone. Then the girl told him about appraising items. Zeri ran it through his head and played it back to her. "So you can appraise about any weapon, armor, or shield. A good item can be appraised into an uncommon item, uncommon to rare, and rare to perfect." Zeri then thought about the last thing she said and then asked, "Wait, if a perfect can go any higher, then what's the point in appraising it?"

''Maybe I should explain the custom shop more detailed. Ehm, you can buy anything there, thou from other players. You write what it is you wanna buy and how much you wanna pay for it. Then if a customer drops by and have that item, he can sell it to you. It also works the opposite way. If you have an item you wanna get rid off, but not throw in the junk shop, you can place it in the custom shop. Then if a player drops by if he wants it, he can buy it. In both situations, you decide the price. There could always be a little negotiation as a merchant, be ready for that.'' the last she said with an added smile.

''So, about appraisal. Yeah perfect cant go any higher, so there is no point in appraising them. When you appraise it, there is three possible results. Either it got locked, which make it so you cant appraise it again ever. And the quality change from example Rare to Rare<locked>. There is no need to place those items for evaluations.''she took a pause to let the information sink in.''The second result is retry. Then you didnt found anything just like in locked. Thou you can try to appraise it again. But both results still consume a material. The third result is what you want to get, a success. Then you find some useful information about it that reveals it had more enchantments then the user thougth. And then its at that result it increase in quality. You get it?'' she said with a friendly tone in her voice.

"Hmm..." Zeri said as the girl further explained how the custom shop works. He think he understands it, but experience will do him better. Then she further explain how appraising works. Zeri listened to what she had to say. Zeri then scratched his head and thought about what he's just heard. "So, when an item is lock, nobody can apprise it again. When you're able to retry, you might be able to find something, at the cost of another material. When you find something, the weapon gets another enhancement. So what are there any new enhancements that can be added to it, or it's still the same as before?" Zeri asked the girl.

It sounded like the boy understood what she had explained thus far. She started to smile.''Well, now we comes to the fun part.'' she cleared her throat and then continued.''So, if you succesfully find something, you need to identify what it is. Like that is what all those books over there is.'' one the backs of the books there was titles like: '999 metals and what they are used for' and 'Snake poisions, tastes and looks'. That was only two of at least a hundred.''The item gonna get a new enchantment thats beeing explained in my books, you maybe gonna find another way to identify them thou. The main reason they comes to merchants for evaluations is because there is a chance for unique enchant ments.''(OoC: If you roll a 12 on the Crafting die AND a 10 on the Battle die, then its a unique enchantment, otherwise a normal).''Thou its very, very rare. Statistically, its like one of hundredtwenty.'' she said and smirked at him.(OoC: Then you look at the Loot die, and depending on what kind of item, weapon armour etc, you compare to the template in merchant proffesion description).''Then you just send the item to the evaluation office and wait for it to be accepted. And thats it. I dont think Ive missed something. Questions?''