[OP-F1] Starting At The Bottom (Complete)

Himeko was abruptly cut off by all the people (jerks) flooding into the tavern. 'Awww! I didnt get to hear her sad story yet. Oh well, it's no big deal.' She got up from her seat and accepted the friend request being careful to conceal it. It took her a while to notice Isida was there, and she looked at him like she was afraid. "M-Mister... We're you trying to do f-funny things to t-that girl?" She backs away in fear and sits at the area where it rained food. Her face changed to a concerned look and she stared at the table. Momentarily she'd take a quick glance to see if the creepy man got closer, but after about a minute of sitting there, she fell asleep.

Edited by Himeko

As I was contemplating the rich, creamy taste of hot milk in my mouth, a muscular man decided to take his seat next to me. To describe him in one sentence, that would be 'strong'. His presence is imposing, and I could not enjoy this drink I'm having. Why would this guy decided to sit next to me is beyond my knowledge. Well this is a tavern and you are free t choose wherever you want to sit and no one could stop but I'm really not in the mood to talk with anyone, especially someone who looks like a strong person. I try my best not to be bothered by him and continue my own business.

Sitting next to him, I could not help but overhead his conversation with the bartender. Placing orders for rations, and in huge amount. This guy loves to go outside, huh. But then again, who would replenish their provisions in the tavern. Probably he's not a regular in this tavern to do so. Whatever, it is none of my business to comment on that. I have my own supplies issues to solve. Stirring the steamy mug of milk with the spoon, I took a glance around the tavern; more people in the tavern now, and all of them are new faces. Of course, being a new player they bring this kind of depressing aura they carry around. Could not be helped, they will face difficulties, and even more when they step up in this prison called SAO. I silently pray for them to be able face these obstacles they facing with steel heart, muttering sorry at the same time for not being able to help them.

As I was about to take the last sip from my mug, it's there, that overwhelmingly pressure. Who forgot to turn off their superiority and powerful aura in this tavern? The glass hangs in midair, unable to reach the lips of my mouth. I put down the mug, shaking off my nervousness. Whoever that person is behind me, they really must have been bored for coming here and further spoil my mood. I turn around, noticing that the pink haired girl already disappear. Quick as a cat she is, probably running away from this powerful guy.

Looking at the entrance, this 'powerful' person stands there, arrogantly. I laughed softly, mocking myself for not being able to guess who that person is. Who else could act high and mighty besides this guy. The atmosphere inside the tavern went down. Only soft mutters and whispers could be heard, probably talking about that person. Zelrius is his name, the frontliner that have cleared floors after floors. Yes, this person is the strongest player (currently known) in this game. Him achieving high level in short time is an amazing feat, however his attitude could be mend a little. Well, at lest everyone is grateful for his effort in getting them out of this game faster...but still.....

"-Sigh- There goes my so called attempt to improve my mood." At this point, I could not even be bothered to enjoy my drink. Whatever, I just drunk myself then. "Bartender, give me something that would knock me out instantly." The bartender gave me a nod, and I just laid back at this chair. The pink haired, small girl is still here but fell asleep. It's good to be ignorance of the current situation though...one could enjoy to the fullest without being bothered by someone else. I walk to her and give her a gentle push. "Oooooi, wake up girl. Don't sleep here, you don't want to get thrown out of this tavern now."

"W-Wha... huh?" The girl with the pink hair looks at Yuji with drool on her mouth, then faceplants back into the table falling asleep again. Her light snoring suggests happy dreams and she wants to stay like that, happily dreaming without having to worry about anything. In Himeko's dreams, she sees many machines that she gets to dismantle and learn about, and there are also big groups of friends that she gets to have fun with. Too bad it's all a fantasy, she knows that she's lucid dreaming but it doesn't matter, she might as well enjoy all the good things before the wave of death comes, life was always too short to worry about those kind of things anyways.

The girl woke up abruptly when I interrupt her, but only for a moment before she fall asleep, again. I scratch the back of my head, confused as to what to do. I could let her sleep but if she stay like this she will be thrown outside when the tavern close down. People with...bad intentions lingers outside when night falls and wandering outside during that time is not a good idea. Taking a closer look on her, she really IS young to be playing this game. I thought there's age restriction or something when acquiring the Nervegear.... although the look on her face betrays her childlike innocence from behind. How to say this...she seems like she suffers a lot.

Well, if she won't wake up then I guess I will just watch her from far. I really don't want to interrupt her, but I don't want anything bad happen to her either. With my drinks already set, I take the glass and sit back on my chair. "Today is a super baaaaaad day, so let tomorrow's me worry about my today's problem. For that, sorry, future me. But I don't intend to hold back on my alcohol today." I probably look crazy, but eh, whatever. I empty the glass in one go and place another order.

Let's just hope that I could get drunk quickly and get out of this tavern without any trouble.

Phillia walks into the tavern taking note of the chaotic scene and the creepy guy trying to touch some pink-haired girls' hair. It reminded her of her first time in a tavern, the scene was a bit more intense and chaotic than this, but she finds a certain joy in it. She recognizes a couple of people like Yuji, Tsubasa, and some others, but besides those few, everyone else is a new face to her. Phillia notices that a certain pink haired girl sticks out the most, and decides to sit next to her. 'Oh, she's asleep.' She pets the girl's hair and smiles. "So cute!"

Jiro watched as multiple players left and entered the building in but a few moments. He knew that taverns usually filled up quickly, but he didn't expect it to empty as quickly as it did. He looked around, but saw no one that seemed to be both alone and friendly. He looked at the group of people in the corner, and he saw a younger player there, and she seemed to be comfortable. He breathed and got up from his seat, then started to come over slowly. His heart was going nuts, as he wasn't sure if the players would be either friendly or hostile, and they could all easily kill him. He breathed and came to the table that they were sitting at 

"E-Excuse me..." he said "C-Can I sit here?..." He said with a small smile. He hoped that they would let him, or he would feel completely and totally embarrassed. This was way out of his comfort zone, but he had to start making allies and make them now, so he could soon become strong and help them to become strong. He wanted to help them all get out of here, and training was the best thing that they could do to get stronger

Himeko woke up after being pet by Phillia, she smiled and giggled. "I-It tickles!" She looks over to Jiro and gets excited, "S-Sure!" Himeko stands up and nudges Jiro's shoulder, smiling. "Are you new here? I've never seen you before." A social beast has awaken once again, and her mild hyper activity might startle Jiro a bit but she doesn't care, she's making friends and that counts. Himeko's pink hair touches Jiro's face; it feels soft and silky.

Edited by Himeko

Jiro gave a small smile as the girl said yes to him sitting with them. As he was about to sit down, she stood and nudged his shoulder, asking him if he was knew. He nodded silently, not having to say anything more than he already had. He didn't trust his voice enough to want to say anything, but he knew that he could trust this girl, as she already seemed to be very friendly towards him. As he went to sit down, he got a faceful of pink hair, and it felt almost.... soft, silky-like. He felt a small blush tinge his cheeks and he lowered his head, waiting for the moment to pass as he didn't want to be embarrassed.

Another mug gone, I lost count of how many I had been drinking. The world spins, I could see stars. From fr, I could see Philia coming inside the tavern and quickly make her way towards the girl. Good, she have company. Now I don't have to play guardian. I drink to my heart's contend, letting this alcohol enter my body. Looks like I won't be able to wake up properly tomorrow tonight. "One more......"

-Yuji knock out for now-

Himeko notices Jiro blushing when her hair touched him, and then an idea hit her. "That's cute." She gave Jiro a kiss on the cheek seeing this as a perfect example to see how boys behave when meeting a pink-haired girl like herself. "T-Thankyou... For sitting with me, I haven't had a friend for so long and I couldn't help myself." She puts on an embarrassed look to add to Jiro's blushing. This incident became entertainment to her, and she decided to make it last.

Jiro blushed madly, feeling his cheeks flush quickly as the girl gave him a small kiss on the cheek. He wasn't use to anything like this, and he was sure not ever going to expect it. He felt his heart pumping madly, and butterflies in his stomach as she sat beside him, thanking him for sitting, then called him her friend. He looked and she seemed embarrassed by her actions and he gave her a small nod

"N-No problem..." He said with a very small, very faint voice. He breathed quietly and did his best to avoid eye contact with anyone, doing his best to hide his blushing.

Phillia gets up from her seat and sees the... Wait, ROMANCE?!? "Damnit I've failed!" The cute little thing she was petting was no longer pettable. It was stolen by the hands of a black haired boy who was blushing. "I guess cute things don't last." It was amazing, petting the hair of Himeko, the soft and silky feeling of it was softer than a plushy! All cute things must end, so Phillia decided to exit the tavern and go for another training session.

-Phillia leaves the thread

As the spin of his stool started to slow, he came face to face with Brax.  Ishida's eyes were wide but not because of surprise or anything but simply because he was attempting to amuse himself as an attempt to alleviate his own boredom.  That kind of thing might fail to find a home within Brax's thought process though, so the teen immediately reverted his face back to its normal, plain look.  "Unwell?  You could say that.  I've been bored out of my mind lately, Brax.  Everyone is so serious around here.  I get the fact that we should take this game seriously but dang--we've been stuck in here a long time and are barely making any progress.  I think people can afford to take a little time to have some excitement."

Ishida lifted his hands into the air before him; his fingers spread wide and menacingly toward the roof, curling just a bit as if he were going to gouge his own eyes out.  Soon after, they lifelessly fell back into his lap and then were jammed into the pockets of his white, fur-lined coat as he hopped off of his seat.  "Ah well.  I'm going to head out for now, Brax.  If you want to hit up a quest or something soon, let me know.  I'm always free."

Ishida offered a faint smile as he backpedaled a few feet.  Turning around, he snaked through the raucous group and exited the tavern.

Ishida exits.

• 2 weeks later...

The commotion died down as night began to creep silenty into the city streets, everyone who was outside either went into a building or the alleyways. "I guess this is it, no more adventuring for today." Himekowent back to sleep as everyone left the tavern, what a day.

COMPLETE

Everyone: +1 SP

Edited by Himeko