PP - F8 Hidden Secrets of the Trees (Sub-Dungeon Exploration) (Manta, Shizuka)

In a flash of light Calrex appeared in the eighth settlement of Floenthia Village. It had certainly been some time since he last came to the giant forest themed area, the last few times he remembered being long before the eleventh floor was unlocked. He gave a small sigh while putting his hands into his jacket pockets, "There's still some time before the floor raid starts, so I'd better see how much stronger I can get."

Swiping on his menu he did the due diligence of checking if anyone in his friends list was potentially available to come along. As he passed over a few names he recalled the last time he saw the players, one of them being Shizuka. A look of concern flashed over his face for a second as he shook his head, "I haven't seen Greg since then, so I don't know how things are going between those two. Shizuka certainly seemed more sullen. Maybe this is a good opportunity to see what might be going on."

Sending out the invite he looked up as he saw Roc circling overheard. Moving through to his inventory he began to contemplate which array of gear he should equip for the excursion.

Shizuka sighed as he walked through the town of Florenthia. Geez. What a gloomy place on the eighth floor. Shizuka thought, putting on his black cloak as she felt a chill going through her body all of a sudden as if there was someone looking at her. However, as she looked around and saw no one that seemed to be watching her. Geez. Shizuka thought and yawned. She had no idea why she was here in this place... The place was way too dark for her likings and she would've preferred the basic first floor over this crap. With a sigh, she looked at her friend's list. It seemed like there were people that she should've deleted by now. She had added a lot of people to her friend list back when she was still cheerful and literally added everyone she knew to her friend list so she could make lots and lots of friends. I was foolish back then. Shizuka thought. But those days sure had been fun... And cheerful. Too bad the time was passed... There was no way of returning unless some miracle was to happen. It was then that she saw Manta Gaul in her friend list next to Celesmeh... Someone she hadn't paid a visit to. With her eyebrows lifted, Shizuka clicked on the name and sent her a message, wondering if the girl wanted to meet up. The white-haired girl had been sort of nice to Shizuka compared to a lot of others in this game. Shizuka sighed once more and stood up to walk a few more minutes and saw that there was a familiar blue-haired man in the distance. Soon, he realized that the man was none other than Calrex, a man who had pretty much completed almost all of Shizuka's quests with her. He was a balanced player who could act as both a tank or a DPS. This was why he had been so effective and useful... The man was the highest leveled player in Aincrad, not to mention. With a smile, Shizuka went up to the man to give him greetings. Something that she had not done in such a long time.

As it happened, Manta was already on the eighth floor, searching for a dungeon of some sort. When the message popped up, Manta checked her map and changed the direction that she was going towards the young woman. Something had seemed very wrong with Shizuka last time she had seen her, and it probably wasn't all caused by Zelrius insulting her. She seemed like she just needed a friend. She headed towards the dot on her map, and was surprised to see Calrex near Shizuka. Maybe Shizuka had asked him to meet up with her as well, or maybe it was just pure coincidence. She raised a hand in greeting, waving. "Heyo!" She called out.

"Hm?"

It wasn't long after he sent out his message that he saw the familiar pink-haired player make her way over from a nearby spot. Oddly enough the girl seemed to be somewhere inbetween the moods he had seen her in the past two times he had been on excursions with her. She was certainly not completely cheerful, but enough to give a smile and friendly greeting, and certainly not as gloomy and silent as the Hoya quest, "Hey Shizuka, long time no see!"

It wasn't long after that the bluenette looked to see yet another player make their way over. It was Manta, a player he had originally only been acquainted with mostly during the floor and event bosses he had seen her at. Nonetheless it was welcomed company as he gave another greeting, "Hey there, Manta right? I don't think we've ever met outside of the boss battles. I'm Calrex, and it's nice to meet you outside of combat."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he relaxed his standing position before continuing, "In any case, if you two had some time I was thinking about trying to hopefully find and knock out a sub-dungeon before the raid. Feeling up for it?"

Edited by Calrex

Honestly, Shizuka wasn't familiar with Manta at all. Sure, she was acquainted with the white-haired girl. However, she really didn't know the girl at all. With a sigh, she took off her black hood and revealed her hair as she watched the other two. Personally, she wouldn't mind going out for a bit of sub-dungeon adventuring. If they were to go ahead and complete a quick sub-dungeon, they were to surely obtain a good deal of materials from the exploration. It would be a hard and harsh process but Shizuka desperately needed the skill point at the moment and wanted it as much as possible. Shizuka sighed and nodded her head. "I wouldn't mind a bit of sub-dungeon exploring." Shizuka said and waited for Manta's response. 

Manta glanced over at Calrex. Her memory was fuzzy, but she could have sworn that they had done some sort of quest a long time back. She didn't know. It meant something that they had been in this game long enough for her to start forgetting things like that. "I'm Manta. Nice to meet you too Cal." She replied before unsheathing her rapier. "I'm up for doing a sub dungeon too."

Giving a nod at Manta's greeting the bluenette, "Thanks you two. Alright then, if you both are ready we might as well get a move on. I haven't seen many players exploring this floor just yet for sub-dungeons, so hopefully we'll luck out."

Swiping to send a party request to the two young women Calrex double checked his equipment, glancing upwards as he saw Roc descend to a lower altitude before hoving only a few feet above the group. Once Shizuka and Manta confirmed their gear the bluenette would head outwards from the settlement, looking outwards as his head moved as if it were on a swivel, trying to discern some trace of an entrance amongst the gigantic trees.

Shizuka sighed as she looked at her inventory. She was only here because of her boredom and honestly, there was no point of her being here. However, she might as well help out even if no one appreciates it or recognizes who she is. Life had become dull and pointless and Shizuka knew that eventually, something was going to happen to her and all she could do was wait for that certain something to appear and break her entirely. She knew that one little thing... Just one little thing was enough to snap her heart in two and allow what remained of her kind soul to disappear from her heart. Shizuka hated this feeling... She wanted to climb out of the purse of hatred and depression that she was in... However, whenever she tried to break this case of utmost destruction, all it does is bring her down, down, and down until it was to the point in which there was no going down any further. Shizuka gulped and looked beyond. Perhaps this will help me... Shizuka thought in high hopes which she soon dashed out. No, I must not think that way for if I do... there will be nothing but the negativity that remains at the end of it. Shizuka knew that they would have to find a dungeon first so she equipped her other charm, one that allows her to have a +2 Loot Dice and one Evasion boost. She knew that it would come in handy and here she hoped that she could find the dungeon first... It would definitely be a good boost to her confidence.