: 5/6 HP -- DMG: 3 -- MIT: 1
Basic Attack: ((7-2EVA)) MISS! 

Lycan: 11/12 HP -- EN: 2/3 -- HATE: 1 --
Basic Attack: ((5)) MISS!

---

Results:
Wild Boar: 5/6 HP (Attacking Lycan)

The boar wasn't having none of that. In retaliation, the animal threw its weight sideways towards Lycan. Luckily, the boy was quicker and kicked himself backwards before any damage was done. As he landed, the white lion logo on his shoulder caught his eye. Then, he remembered Ariel and the cloak she had gifted him. Were it not for her, he would likely be dead.

Lycan snarled the corner of his lip at the animal.

"Not today..." Lycan hissed and dropped to a low stance.

Edited by Lycan
Spoiler

Rollbot Engaged!

ID# 49296: -- BD:3 -- CD: 3 -- LD: 14 -- MD: 3 --

Regen Phase:
Lycan: HP: +0 -- EN: +1
((11/12 HP -- EN: 3/3))

---

Combat Phase:
Wild Boar
Basic Attack: ((3-2EVA)) MISS! 

Basic Attack: ((3)) MISS!

---

Results:
Wild Boar: 5/6 HP (Attacking Lycan)

Lycan roared toward the boar, his beast mark tattoo ablaze with warmth on his arm. Sword clasped in both hands, Lycan swung wildly and without the form he was trained in. The telegraphed attack red easily by the dumb animal and it sidestepped out of the way, foregoing its own attack for safety.

The weight of Lycan's swing staggered him a step or two before turning to the animal with ferocity on his face.

Unphased, the boar dug its hoof into the flowerbed and readied to charge.

Edited by Lycan
Spoiler

Rollbot Engaged!

ID# 49297: -- BD: 9 -- CD: 8 -- LD: 7 -- MD: 1 --

Regen Phase:
Lycan: HP: +0 -- EN: +1
((11/12 HP -- EN: 3/3))

---

Combat Phase:
Wild Boar
Basic Attack: ((1-2EVA)) CRITICAL MISS! 

Lycan: 11/12 HP -- EN: 1/3 -- HATE: 2 --
[LV1 OHSSSA] Snake Bite: ((9)) CRITICAL HIT!  -- (([2+1]*2*1)) 5 DAMAGE!

Results:
Wild Boar: 0/6 HP (Dead)
Lycan: 11/12 HP -- EN: 2/3 -- HATE: 2 --

Loot: ((7))
+1 Material

The boar barreled at Lycan with its maw agape and a fierce bellow from its gut. Tusks bared and incoming, the boar aimed to end the battle. Lycan's beast mark caused a searing pain in his sword arm. The pain reeled up from his shoulder, to his heart, and eventually to the back of his skull. With a howl of his own, his body compelled itself at the enemy with god like speed.

The boar lashed out with its ivory.

The boy lashed out with his steel.

Two ferocious, deep, and jagged wounds opened and dashed fragments of crimson data to the flowers below. A burst of fragmented avatar showered down and only the victor remained.

Edited by Lycan
Spoiler

Regen Phase:
Lycan: HP: +3 -- EN: +1
((12/12 HP -- EN: 2/3))

The boy, his hair damp from the effort, hunched over a spot where a boar once stood. The flowers beneath it scattered their petals to the wind as the shards of data settled as glimmering dust. Lycan's chest heaved, the pain from the mark now fading to a dull ache. His mind, previously consumed by the animalistic instinct to survive - to kill or be killed began to give way to the jovial child beneath. His tense hand relaxed and his sword arm fell slack against his leg.

"I win," the boy hissed.

His adrenaline faded from his body, and Lycan shook off the injury from before. He touched his forehead and the wound had already sealed. With a quick flick of the menus, Lycan retrieved the spoils of battle and stood. His hazel eyes fell toward the city.

"I think that's enough for today," he remarked.

Spoiler

Regen Phase:
Lycan: HP: +3 -- EN: +1
((12/12 HP -- EN: 3/3))

The journey back to town was far less eventful than the journey out. Lycan kept a steady pace all the way back, devoid of random spawns or sudden attacks. Luck, as it were, seemed to favor him. With a new confidence, he crossed over the line back into the safe zone. Without a word, he wove his way through the afternoon crowd to the NPC known as Galli of the Flask. This time, as he stepped into the smaller plaza, the old man waved him over.

"Hey, lad!" he called out.

Lycan approached him with a somber nod.

"Did you find some materials?" the NPC inquired. Then, a menu appeared to Lycan:

<<Making A Living: Alchemy>>
Quest Giver: Galli of the Flask
Time Limit: None
Details: Help Galli and his daughter. Bring him (1) basic herb & (1) water flask.
Rewards: <<Profession: Alchemy>>
(1) Crafting Material

Complete Quest?
YES        NO

Lycan selected the obvious of the two. Before the menu vanished, it flashed a notification of one herb and one water flask lost.

"I found a few actually," Lycan commented with a soft smile.

Edited by Lycan

"Excellent!" Galli chimed out. He fished around in his rags and produced a dirty leather bound book with browned pages. With a toothy grin, he held it out to Lycan.

"What's this?" Lycan asked, reaching out.

"Why my research and recipes of course! I have all of them committed to memory. I have no more need for that old thing." Galli nodded sagely toward the boy. At that moment, Lycan noticed a tug on Galli's robes.

"Daddy?" came a voice. "Did the man come back?"

Galli looked to his daughter below.

"He did, Leccah. Soon as I sell this potion, you and I are going to eat at the Inn, okay?" he comforted.

Lycan couldn't see nor hear how she reacted until the little sakura blossom bolted around the corner of the stand and wrapped herself around Lycan's leg. The boy, slightly surprised, raised his arms and looked down. The little girl looked back up with big, shining eyes, and smiled.

"Thank you, mister..." she managed in soft, sweet tones.

Again, the punch landed right in the feels.

"You're welcome, kid. Keep your dad on the right track, okay?" Lycan replied, tousling her hair. She nodded and giggled before letting go and scrambling back to her father.

"Thank you again, kind sir. This is enough to start, but I won't waste it," Galli spoke, a tenderness in his voice. 

"No problem. If you need anything else, let me know." Lycan nodded.

Then, a popup flashed in front of the boy's face:

CONGRATULATIONS!
Unlocked new profession: Alchemy.
+1 Crafting Material

Lycan grinned. Today was a good day.