Kyr's €o●■¤al《Error Reading Script》

Username: Kyr

Height: 5'10"

About: Josh was born in the Eastern US to a middle class family. Of course, he would have most people understand that the distinction "middle class" is a false construct, intended to describe average income people who live within their means. It didn't mean that his parents didn't have enough, or that they had too much- they had exactly what they needed, in terms of wealth and resources. Josh absolutely hated that there were people classified one another based on what they had.

Anyway, his life was not much different from the average American teen's, except that he started work fairly early. From the time he was sixteen and a half, he held a retail job that allowed him to tuck money away to support his gaming habits. While his father did not much enjoy this, he did support that his son was a responsible young man who understood that he needed to work to support the things he enjoyed, so he allowed it.

Several years passed, and with the money he had saved, Josh was easily able to cover the costs for a NerveGear and Sword Art Online, which his father begrudgingly agreed to do the legwork on procuring, as a graduation present. 

And... well... Link Start.

Virtues: Inidivualist- Kyr is a firm believer in the intrinsic value of the individual. He strongly believes in diversity and humanism, and as such sees a great deal of importance in all life, and liberty. Things that infringe that annoy or infuriate him. He becomes passionate about preserving life, and is quick to jump in harm's way if it means that someone can be saved. 

Honorable- Kyr has a moral code, and it is one he does not diverge from. Lying is wrong, cheating is wrong, striking someone while their back is turned is wrong. He will always follow the rules of engagement, even if it could benefit him not to. "A man is nothing without his honor." He probably learned this from his father.

Wise- Despite his youth, Kyr has seen a ridiculous amount. His life up to now has been riddled with untimely (and timely) death, abusive parenting, difficult school life, and constant uprooting. Because of his experience, Kyr has the ability to see things from different points of view and is slow to judge. He understands more about the way the world works than most people his age. (Not to be confused with intelligence.)

Flaws: Morbid- Kyr has a dread fascination with morose themes and death. Whether due to his alternative lifestyle outside the game or an estranged relationship with his parents, Kyr is generally pessimistic. He often comes off colder than he intends to, and has a tendency to employ sarcasm at the worst possible moments. (He also wears a lot of black.)

Rebellious- Kyr has a bit of a hot streak that gets him into trouble. While he holds to his word when he gives it, simply telling him to do something (or not to) does not guarantee his compliance. In fact, sometimes in a sheer act of defiance, Kyr will go out of his way to do exactly what someone suggested he not do. (Note that he does employ common sense, this generally causes him to lose favor with certain people rather than putting him in harm's way. Of course, it has been known to do that as well...)

Fury- Kyr has mentioned to some of his closer friends that rage runs in his family. Some of the more volatile members have been known to act rashly or show signs of outburst, triggered by (often irrational) things. Unlike most members of his family, Kyr has a great deal of control over his anger, but when something causes him to lose his grip on it, pity the man or beast that stands in his way...

Profession:

Skills

SP: 1/6

Non-combat:

»

Passive:

»

Combat:

»

Weapon skills:

» Two Handed Straight Sword: (5/5) Rank 1

Inventory:

57 Col

Weapons/Tools:

» 2h Straight Sword

Roleplays: 

An Escapist's Worst Nightmare- 1 SP

Relationships: Juansicle (Non PC)- Friends. 

Story Thus Far:

If you're reading this, chances are I'm already dead.

News travels fast in situations like these. If Kayaba's speech is to be believed, hundreds of the users logged into Sword Art Online have already been killed. Judging from the lack of the log out option, I'm wholly inclined to take him seriously. Within hours, this became my reality, and that of ten thousand other unwitting players. 

I can only venture to guess that my family has put two and two together. I'm still functioning, albeit as a consciousness filtered through a persistent stream of data. That's fortunate, I suppose.

I logged in with a few friends from another game- Xander, LiuKhan, and Juansicle immediately decided to test out the battle system. They were always the eager types. I didn't know any of them in real life. That is, I don't generally play games with my real life friends. They always sort of looked down on my MMO fascination. They were the closest thing I had to a "connection" with the outside.

Dad... you were right. My obsession was bound to get me in trouble eventually. If you're reading this, tell Mom I'm sorry. I screwed up. I love you guys. I know I never say it. I know it doesn't seem like it. We've been through a lot as a family. I may not always want to spend time with you, but I never hated you.

It's always just felt like you loved Elise more. Not that I blame you. She was always a better student, and she stood out in sports and clubs. As far as kids go, she did everything you wanted, and she made you proud. All the stuff I was good at were things that you got frustrated with. Maybe it was because I was the eldest child that you had harsher expectations. Maybe that's what caused me to feel like rebelling. I apologize for that. I... probably won't ever get the chance to make up for it.

If you're reading this, Dad, I hope... I hope I did do something, at least one thing, in my life that made you proud. That would be really... cool.

For everyone else who might be reading this, here's where I stand right now.

Xander was killed by a boar within ten minutes of logging in. The others panicked and we got together in the town of beginnings, then opened tickets to figure out what had happened and why our friend had not respawned yet. He wasn't answering private messages, and we were getting "User does not exist" errors from the Cardinal System.

After a few minutes of mounting stress, Kayaba force teleported all of the remaining players into the Plaza in the Town of Beginnings and explained our situation. "Good luck, don't die." LiuKhan and Juansicle snapped.

I talked Juan down for a while. He was babbling on about his responsibilities back home- his daughter, his pregnant wife- I told him that he needed to keep it together. If he ever wanted to see them again, he needed to make it out alive. Juan made the right call. He didn't have the stomach to face the possibility of death- not when he had so much to live for back home. He decided to try and adapt to life in the town, and scrounging out what living he could without ever going to the front lines.

We both tried to talk to Liu. Liu and Xander had been close. Juan and I remember them knowing each other in real life, and we suspected they were more than just friends. They never threw that in our face, of course. If there was romance, it was a lasting glance or a quick smile, but never anything overt. His reaction to Xander's death was enough.

I tried to convince him not to, as he stood on the ledge and overlooked oblivion.

I tried.

So here I am.

Alone, in a world that's trying to kill me.

Welcome to Sword Art Online.

Edited by Kyr