[PP-F5] Cowabunga Dune! <<Blood in the Sand>> (Flints) [COMPLETE]

Hikoru sighed as he scrolled down the Quests. After doing most of the quests, he was starting to get onto the more tougher Quests, one's he wasn't sure if he would be ready to do on his own. Even with his new Skill, Shadowed Path, he knew that it wouldn't be of much use since he had no SP in it, and he wouldn't for awhile. He sighed and stopped as he found a Quest that he hadn't done, that had a Large SP giver. It was called <<Blood in the Sand>> and he read it with a slight chill down his spine. He knew he wouldn't be able to do it on his own, and he had to see if he had any friends that were free.

"But who could that be..." He said as he opened his friends list and started to scroll through. He came across a name that he hadn't seen in a long time, and he smiled at the name "Flints." The last time he had seen her, he had taken a Quest called <<Guardian of Fire>> and they had easily beaten the boss. He sighed and smiled as he sent her a message, hoping that she would reply and meet him on the 5th floor when she could. He soon closed his HUD after sending it, and used the 1st floor teleporter to get to the 5th floor, waiting at the town teleporter for her.

Edited by Hikoru

Flints laid peacefully on the bed she had grown accustom to, it's warmth enveloped her and begged her to stay, even though she laid alone as Tristan was off once again at the frontlines. this was her comfort zone. Antillian, her familiar, snoozed curled up against her, his big fluffy body slowly rising and falling with every breath. 

A ping from her HUD caused Flints to quickly perk up, carefully avoiding Antillian's horns. "Huh I wonder who that is.." She grinned at the menu as she saw it was Hikoru, a friend she hadn't quested with in a while. She quickly accepted her invite and leaped out of her large bed equipping her armor mid jump which pixilated against her bare skin and underclothes as she landed neatly with a small thud. "TADAAA" she turned to Antillian with a smile to which he gave a loud snort of annoyance, unamused with her act. "Let's go beautiful we have a busy day ahead of us!" 

Before they knew it both were leaving the teleporter on the 5th floor searching for Hikoru who she quickly found waiting close by. "Hey Hik! I got your message, sorry I didn't reply I figured I could get here faster. Anyways..I'm ready to set off when you are." Flints beamed up at the man, more excited for battle than she could have ever expected herself to be. 

Hikoru smiled as he saw his old friend, As she came over he pulled down his face mask to reveal a large smile plastered on his face. It was good to see an old friend after being on the first floor and alone from his friends, being surrounded by lower players that didn't understand some of the struggles he had been through, and he was excited to finally go on a tougher challenge, feeling well prepared with his friend Flints with him

"It's good to see you too Flints." He said with a smile. He looked beyond the town to the dunes of the desert. He gave her a nod and started to make his way there silently, picking up his face mask and placing it over his mouth and nose, making it easier to breathe the desert air. He sighed and looked at her. "Make sure that you have everything equipped, and that your ready to fight it, because it should be around this area." He said. He gripped his Dagger, Dementia, and he felt ready. He felt his Familiar pop out of his Hood, and he gave him a smile, placing it on his shoulder, feeling ready to fight.

Flints cocked her head slightly and smiled again, Hikoru was dressed differently for certain, his mask gave him a mysterious aura. Flints wondered how he had been doing since they last met but shook her head to clear her thoughts. "I'm ready when you are!" Flints equipped her Abbadon Claws, excited to finally use them, she began slowly menipulating the strangely flexible iron. They covered her fists and lined her fingertips with long armored nails, only held tightly to her by cuffs on her wrists. A true minimalist weapon.

"I feel it moving beneath us..waiting. Be careful! It's coming!" Flints growled at the sand that began to swirl and reveal a large fin that seemed to swim  towards them from the distance, causing the sand to ebb and quake like waves in a vast sea. Flints quickly clicked her tongue, summoning Antillian to her side to release his somber howl, increasing her accuracy as she quickly popped open an alcholic drink from her inventory and downed it before the creature could launch itself at them. 

Hikoru nodded and prepared to attack the large Shark, who came running towards them. He charged silently and met the shark who jumped out of the sand. He jumped as well, meeting the shark in mid-air and preparing to take the hit if it happened. He breathed and went for a swipe, hoping to take a large chunk of the Shark's health. Using his Concentration Skill, he swiped and then kicked it twice into the face, sending it straight into the sand, unable to attack at all

"Now's a good time as ever to strike it!" He said as he landed into the soft sand, with a smile under his mask.

ID: 48919

BD: 2+4= 6 Hit (Used Shadow Stitch: 3x2=6x6= 36 Damage to Sand Shark

MD: 1 (No Damage to Hik)

Hikoru: 68/68 HP 11/17 NRG (-6) Hate: 1

Flints: ??/?? HP ??/?? NRG Hate: 0

Sand Shark: 89/125 HP (-36)

Concentration Recharge: 5/5 Turns

Edited by Hikoru

ID: 48935

BD: 6 (1+1)= 8 

Sword Art: Shadow Dance (4x2) • (9x3)= 96 Dmg -8 Ep

Flints snarled quietly under her breath, her body poised and ready for the attack. As the shark burst from the sand his arms flailed about, sharp claws cutting the hot desert air as he roared and landed before the two players. Hikoru wasted no time and attacked the shark with swift kicks to its maw causing it to flip over and struggle in confusion. "Now's a good time to attack it!"

Once given her que Flints began her methodical dance, her claws began to glow a deep orange before allowing her to move more fluidly, small spins and slashes were unleashed until she launched herself in the air and clawing down against the soft underbelly of the large land shark, she stopped short of is tail only to slide Into the sand roughly. A wicked grin spread across her face as she stared at Hikoru from the tail end of the shark. It quickly burst into pixles before the two. Flints relaxed her shoulders. "That will do it!" She let out small, bell-like laughter at the situation and watched Antillian roll around in the spot the shark used to occupy. "Soo...what now?" 

Additional Notes: 

Flints: 88/88 hp | 22/22 ~> 14/22 Ep | H:0

Hikoru: 68/68 Hp| 11/17 Ep| H:0

Sand Shark: 89/125 ~> 0/125 (-96) Hp | DED ZAMMY IS DED.  

Spoiler

image.jpeg.99b0813f1035afbc52340f2c62e8d

Edited by Flints

Hikoru blinked for a moment, and by then the large beast had been defeated. He stood dumbfounded, and almost dropped his dagger. He wasn't expecting her to defeat it so quickly, and without any hassle. He gripped his blade and sheathed it, walking over to the player. He felt his familiar scurry back and forth over his shoulders, anxious of the large beast rolling in the sand. He smiled and ignored it for now, avoiding the wolf and coming over to Flints, lowering his face mask

"Nice job!" He said, giving her a thumbs up. He felt Sutetchi run down his arm to where his hand was, sniffing his thumb and trying to reach for the other girl. He smiled and held out his familiar in her direction, and it tried to reach out to her, but couldn't quite make it "Oh, I forgot to introduce this little guy. Meet Sutetchi, my familiar." He said with a smile. The Familiar seemed to squeak in response and sat there for a moment, seeing if the girl would react. Hikoru looked around, and sighed "And well, i'm not sure. We could Mat Gather, or go back to the inn and talk for awhile. Your choice." He said with a slight smile

Flints walked close to Hikoru as he approached, avoiding Antillian as best as he could. "I wouldn't mind fighting another one of those. It went a lot smoother than expected." She gave a warm smile to the man and watched his familiar climb all over him and finally up to her and reach out. "Oh? Well it's nice to meet you Sutetchi. What is it exactly?" Flints cocked her head and have the small creature her fingertip to hold onto.

looking around and the area they were in Flints pondered Hikoru's given options. "Well the be honest I've never mat gathered before..we can do that if you teach me how" she gave a light chuckle. "And if I get anything you can have it. I don't really have a use for anything at the moment."  After speaking Flints glanced to the Wolf who happily rolled around in his odd dance with the sand. She gave a quick tap to her side to which he responded by bounding back to her. Flints began slowly walking around the dunes aimlessly, glancing to Hikoru occasionally to make sure he was still there. 

Hikoru smiled as the smell familiar grabbed her pinkie, sniffing it all over, then lightly licking it, more than likely thinking it was food. He smiled and gave a small whistle, and his familiar looked at him, and he looked back. The familiar let go silently and came onto his shoulder once more. He lowered his hand and scratched the small familiar under the chin and giving a small smile

"He's a ferret, and he's probably the best friend I could ask for." he said with a small smile on his lips as he said so. Sutetchi had kept him company on days when he was alone and kept him company. He sighed and gave her a nod "Sure, sounds like fun. All you really need to do is look around the area and see if you find anything" He said as he looked around, but he didn't get a good look, as soon Flints and moved on, and he ran ahead to catch up

ID: 49021

LD: 7+2= 9 No Loot

Acquired Materials: 0

Edited by Hikoru

Flints grinned as the small ferret became curious of her. It was certainly and interesting animal. "Tunnel cats!" Flints giggled as it made its way back to Hik and took its place back at his shoulder. "He's certainly a cutie. Familiars are pretty great. They keep you company when everyone else is far too busy. So you are never truely alone. That's always a good feeling." Flints cooed the large beast at her side and gently tugged its horns. Before speaking. 

"I never really got a chance to try and learn these things. I was so wrapped up in my own world. For a long time I was only focused on becoming this powerful being. I didn't even consider myself human at one point. I just wanted everything far away from me. But...I've opened up a lot. It's funny to think that even the simplest of things, like gathering have gone over my head." Flints watched Hikoru search but yield nothing great from his first attempt. She looked around egerly and began to comb the sand with her foot, not really expecting much to happen. Her excitment faded when she came up empty handed and her shoes full of sand. "Well. I guess I should try a little harder!" Flints clicked her fingers and sent Antillian, who was now filled with determination, digging in the sand. 

Additional Notes: 

ID: 49051

LD: 14 (nothing) 

Aquired Materials count: 0 

Hikoru smiled and nodded, agreeing with her that he was cute. He smiled and scratched the small familiar's chin and got onto his hands and knees, digging into the sand to search for any items that he could use as Materials for his shop. He looked to see his Familiar starting to dig himself, as he had already hopped off his shoulder and had moved onto the other side, digging a smaller version of the hole he was in right now. He breathed and continued to dig, talking as he did so

"Well see, it's easy. It's all luck based. You just gotta see if you can find something or not." he said as he dug deeper into the sand, slowly digging an almost grave-looking hole. But sadly, he wasn't having any luck, him or his familiar. He sighed and wiped the sweat from his brow, and continued to dig.

ID: 49103

LD: 10+2= 12 No Loot

Material's Acquired: 0

Edited by Hikoru

Flints watched as Hikoru and Sutetchi searched in unison but came up with nothing. She knew of Hikoru's shop, actually she had even visited it a few times. Flints wondered if maybe she should open a shop. What would her shop even be? She wasn't much for making concoctions. That was more of Emerath's shebang. As for foods of some kind she was also not much for that. If anything she wouldn't mind being a smithy. Though they had a lot of work to attend to, and Flints was careless. Maybe it was best if she didn't have a shop. She thought to herself. Watching the sand carefully she thought she saw something poking out of it and quickly sent Antillian to dig for it, which turned out to be a bad idea as she became covered in the sand he kicked up. "Okay I'm having no luck!" She groaned as she began to dig in another area. "And you do this a lot? I applaud your will power."

Additional Notes:

ID: 49145

LD: 10 

Materials Aquired: 0

Hikoru watched and laughed as soon Flints was soon covered in sand from her familiar. As he laughed, his familiar soon threw a bit of sand in his face, and he cough and sputtered. He looked at the tiny creature, who seemed to be laughing at him. He smiled and threw some back, the small Familiar soon being covered in sand. He smiled and laughed, watching the small creature struggle for a moment. He laughed and gave Flints a smile in her direction

"Yeah, I find it soothing. But sometimes I just sit back and relax, and enjoy the time with my little Sutetchi." He said as his familiars head perked up at his name. He smiled and scratched under his chin, and sighed. In his thoughts, he forgot to search for any kind of Materials or anything of the sort

ID: 49183

LD: 1

Edited by Hikoru

Through all the commotion flints tried again to dig but this time, away from Antillian who was now off making deep holes in the sand all around them. She giggled when the small familiar coated Hikoru in sand as well. Squinting her eyes she tried her best to focus in the desert-like heat and sun, the Rays reflecting off the sand made it a little hard to see so Flints just ended up with her eyes closed, digging all around herself until she had a deep ring circling her. "Nothing..I found nothing!" She sat with a look of dismay before pushing the sand and allowing to to cascade back upon itself, looking as if she had never dug in it in the first place. "And you do this often, so much work!" She whined loudly. Dispite all her belly aching, she was havi a lot of fun doing something productive for once. 

Additional Notes:  

ID: 49238

LD:  9

Materials Found: 0

Hikoru just laughed as the girl seemed to be complaining about how he could do it so much, when really, it was something that he found fun, but not without others. He sighed and continued forward to dig, his small familiar now uncovered with sand and a bit grouchy, but helping him to dig nontheless. He sighed as he wasn't finding anything in this area. He crawled out of the hold and just laid down onto the sand and enjoyed the feel of the sand underneath him and the sun shining down on him. He felt something crawl over him and he looked to see his Familiar crawling over him and curling onto a ball onto his belly, resting silently.

"You know, your too cute for your own good." He said to his Familiar with a laugh and pet the Familiar gently. He sighed and closed his eyes for a moment, feeling at peace with his friend Flints and his best friend Sutetchi. He sighed and wished this feeling would never end.

ID:  49274

LD: 1

Edited by Hikoru

Flints grinned watching Sutetchi and Hikoru enjoying a peaceful moment in the sand. The sun was finally past its peak and the day was slightly cooler. Flints walked around the two before ploping down beside them, laying on her back making sand Angels before settling still with her warm green eyes lost in the sky. She listened to Hikoru coo his familiar and wondered where hers was, before she could look around she felt a large mass of sand plop onto her chest, and from behind it great big Amber eyes watched her excitedly. Unfortunately it wasn't what she needed. "I like your enthusiasm, but you do realize I'm going to be picking this stuff off of me for days now?" She teased the wolf. Flints hadn't quite given up yet but for her first try on Mat farming this wasn't going so well. "I was hoping to at least rack you up a few things before we headed home but at this rate I feel like I'm not going to find a thing!"

Additional Notes: 

ID: 49282

LD: 10

Materials Gathered: 0

Hikoru sighed and continued to sit there silently, enjoying the rays on his body. He sighed for a moment, and gave one last look around. With their luck, there was no way that they would be able to find anything else around him. He sighed and stood up slowly, brushing the sand off as his Familiar gripped onto his Armor and climbed onto his shoulder. He looked at Flints and held a hand out

"Here, lets get heading out. It's been a hot day, and I don't think I can stay here any longer." He said with a laugh. He scanned the area around him for one last check, and saw nothing but sand and more sand. He sighed and just focused back onto Flints and her Familiar, making sure that they wouldn't have any trouble with the sand underneath them swallowing them.

ID: 49288

LD: 6+2= 8

Edited by Hikoru

Flints closed her eyes momentarily and felt the sands shift beneath her, it felt as if she was laying ontop of ocean waves in a way; the sand was alive and ebbed lightly. She pondered if their were actually more sharks beneath her and if it had smaller versions of its self. The more thought she put into it the less she wanted to lay there. Who knows, they could have been mere inches of digging out a shark. A shiver ran throughout her dispite the heat and her eyes snapped open only to be looking up into Hikoru's. "Good idea. I don't want to be here when it gets dark. The sand should stay warm but can you imagine how cold it could get. If it worked like an actual Desert that is." She accepted hand and pulled herself up quickly before taking a look around again and forcing her hands into the ground. "Aha! I got....More sand.." She sighed and cleaned her hands off on her thighs before following Hikoru to what she assumed was town. 

Additional Notes: 

ID: 49290

LD:  2

Materials found: 0

Hikoru smiled and just laughed at her comment and clapped his hands. He knew she was only joking and it felt good to laugh as something funny again. He sighed and made sure to turn around a good 180 Degrees, to the direction they had came from. He walked and soon he saw the town come into view. He walked in and sighed, turning around and gave Flints a small smile and motioned toward the inn

"Want a quick drink? I'll buy." He said with a smile. He knew he had enough Col, but he had to see if she would be up for it before he did anything. He was glad to see his old friend again, and he wanted to see if he could end his day with a high note and share a small drink and relax from a long days work

Flints followed Hikoru all the way back to town and when she was offered a drink she smiled and clapped her hands together. "That's sounds like a great idea! It was pretty hot today. What do you feel like drinking?" She pondered what kind of drinks they would get, something along the lines of a soft drink or an actual drink. She imagined herself buying a lemonade and Hik ordering some hard liquor or vice versa. That would have being hilariously weird. They could probably just go halves drink wise and have a mixed drink. She started to notice the town come more into shape as buildings and players became visible. She let out a little sigh and became a little tense, still not quite over her trust issues with other players. Quickly she entered the inn and waited for Hikoru at a table, calming her nerves and happily tapping on the table and watching Antillian scope out near by players.