[SP-F6] Mirror, Mirror <<Gemini>> (Complete)

I looked to the still-pissed Armadillo ahead, fumes almost spouting from its nostrils. "Come at me!" I growled, thumping my chest with both fists. With a wild snarl, the Armadillo launched into a roll again, tearing across the greenery towards me. At that speed, there was no way Thorns would activate. I began to suck off to the side... but the Armadillo was quickly halted by a net of vines that hung in front of me; they were well disguised by the rest of the foliage. With a satisfied grin, I strolled up to the tangled monster. "Well... are you not lucky that I do not have the energy to attack, huh?" I taunted, giving the hard hide a flick.

Regen: +1 NRG

<<Disguise>> Cooldown: Ready

ID: 52179 MD: 0 (2 - 2)

Party

Grave: 45/64 HP | NRG: 4/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 101/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

In its tangled position, the growls that emanated from its throat where muffled by the hard outer hide; it quite obviously wanted out. "My god, you are persistent." I taunted with a laugh. "You know, I could walk away right now, and you could not do anything about it." I teased, placing a hand to the thick hide, drumming my fingers on it. The creature shifted, trying to break out. "Oh, keep trying, I am here all day." I responded, backing off from the curled animal.

ID: 52171 MD: 2 (4 - 2)

Party

Grave: 45/64 HP | NRG: 5/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Edited by Grave

Finally the Armadillo broke free of its 'shell', but caught its legs and tail in the tangle of vines surrounding it. "Not the best idea, hey?" I asked, sitting down on a stump and watching the Armadillo flail around. "That is not going to help..." I warned quietly, and it instantly stopped shifting around, its bloodthirsty eyes now helpless and suggesting weakness, like it was begging for me to release it. "Yeah, no, not happening," I scolded, folding my arms defiantly. I had no wish of releasing it; it was rabid, and should not be released back into the wild.

ID: 52172 MD: 2 (4 - 2)

Party

Grave: 45/64 HP | NRG: 6/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Edited by Grave

The Armadillo began to gnaw at its bindings, thrashing around once more. The green ropes began to snap, and my eyes widened more and more with each twang. I slowly unseated myself and backed off, hands clenched into fists at my sides. "No, stay..." I muttered, now slightly worried. I stumbled as the ground shook from the Armadillo landing on the ground, emitting yet another snarl of hate; it really wanted to kill me, but I had no plan to let it do so. I swung my right leg behind me and say low; simply to draw him in, I planned on buggering off.

ID: 52173 MD: 5 (7 - 2)

Party

Grave: 45/64 HP | NRG: 7/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Edited by Grave

The Armadillo curled up into a ball and rushed at me with amazing vigour, aiming to flatten me and knock out the rest of my HP. "Shite!" I cursed as a vine snatched at my ankle, holding me in place. "Let me go, you bastard!" I shouted, kicking my leg angrily, but it was no use; the Armadillo was rolling too quickly. I braced for impact and shouted in shock as I was crushed against the floor by the sheer power of the Armadillo's roll. "[censored]..."  swore, gulping and gasping as I laid against the ground. Was I really going to die to an Armadillo?

ID: 52175 MD: 8 (10 - 2)

Mob Damage: (18 + 1) - 15 = 4 DMG

Party

Grave: 41/64 HP | NRG: 8/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Edited by Grave

I simply laid there, no longer caring, hoping maybe someone might jump in to save the day. I was weak... I had no right to be part of the KoB. What was it that Opal saw in me? What was it that had let me play a major role against the Snow Beast? Why... why did Jevi even have feelings for me?

That copy... how it failed to strike me... it was a symbol of how weak I was. A symbol of the fact that, no matter how hard I try, I cannot do anything. This thought only continued to run around in my head as the Armadillo crushed me again, chipping away at my HP through my mitigation.

I could just die for all I cared.

ID: 52178 MD: 7 (9 - 2)

Mob Damage: (18 + 1) - 15 = 19 - 15 = 4 DMG

Party

Grave: 37/64 HP | NRG: 9/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Edited by Grave

I sighed and awaited another blow... but none came. I turned my head from my prone position and noticed the Armadillo staring at me with now curious eyes; it seemed it did not want to fight a downed opponent. "What do you see in me, huh? Am I not just worthless?" I asked with growl. First I had dealt a crap ton of damage to it, now it was kicking my ass... quite some potential for devastation...

Potential.

That was the word Opal used. I had the potential to become great. Or, as my copy represented... potential to better myself. With a grin I slowly pulled myself up and dusted my clothes off. "Alright, if it is a fight you are looking for..." I grumbled, stretching my shoulders. The Armadillo seemed weak, like the infection was now eating away at its muscles; it seemed it wanted to fight with the last of its power, and find a true victor. "Thank you." I muttered, before shooting up in front of the creature, slamming a spike-like hand into one of the crimson dots that had appeared on his body, before I followed onto the other dots, knocking him away with the head strike. I had to win this.

ID: 52180 BD: 12 (9 + 2 + 1) MD: +1 BD (1 - 2 = -1)

Sword Art Used: Acupuncture - (8 + 2) x 4 x 2 - 24 = 10 x 4 x 2 - 24 = 80 - 24 = 56 DMG (8 NRG)

Party

Grave: 37/64 HP | NRG: 2/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 45/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

The Armadillo came back with a nasty snap, barely missing my face as I leaned back. "Close call!" I squeaked as I jumped back from a claw swipe. I was then forced to duck underneath a horizontal tail swing, and I quickly rolled backwards onto my feet, watching the rabid animal stumble around from weakness. I slammed my fists against my chest and shouted, drawing the Armadillo's attention back to me. "Come on! Keep fighting!" I egged him on, and he quickly regained the strength to fight, standing balanced on all fours.

ID: 52181 MD: 3 (5 - 2)

Party

Grave: 37/64 HP | NRG: 3/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 45/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

The Armadillo broke into a whirlwind of tail swipes which I stayed barely out of range of. I did jokingly attempt to [censored] the creature's tail at one point, but of course missed and continued dodging. Another snap aimed for my head was quite easily dodged, but the follow-up claw swipe was only narrowly missed. "Shite, you are cutting it quite close!" I complimented the dying creature. To think that I was fighting a virtual creature - an AI - and talking to it, feeling its emotions like a real animal. Showed how used the world I was, I guessed.

ID: 52182 MD: 5 (7 - 2)

Party

Grave: 37/64 HP | NRG: 4/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 45/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

My arm flung out stupidly as I dodged another claw, and the limp was swiftly trapped between a set of frothing jaws. "Oh... ouch..." I growled, feeling my arm tearing from my body slightly as the Armadillo pulled. "I would appreciate it if you would-" I began to request, before I was flung over the monster's head. "LET GO!" I finished with a shout, before coming to a sudden stop against a tree, knocking the wind out of me... but I did not fall. My eyes drifted to the part of a branch that was impaled in my abdomen. "Christ..." I cursed, struggling to slip myself off of the spear.

ID: 52183 MD: 8 (10 - 2)

Party

Grave: 33/64 HP | NRG: 5/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Edited by Grave

I grunted and groaned as I tried inching myself off of the branch that pierced through my body. It was not pleasant having a stick shoved through your abdomen, especially when the cause of such a fate was staring eagerly up at you from the ground. "I will shove a stick in your gut in a second!" I spat, easing myself forward as I flipped the bird at the Armadillo. Finally I dropped from the branch and landed gracefully on the Armadillo's head, before launching myself away, spinning around to face the monster.

ID: 52185 MD: 4 (6 - 2)

Party

Grave: 33/64 HP | NRG: 6/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Edited by Grave

I watched the Armadillo turn around, the setting sun blazing on its hide; we had been at it for so long that morning had become evening... Hikari must have been worried out of her fur. With a snarl the Armadillo leapt at me, aiming to squash me with its underside, but I was quick to roll away, thrown to the floor by the shaking earth. "Damn, you are one heavy bastard!" I taunted the monster, causing it to face me. "You should really lose some weight!" I continued to tease with a sly grin.

ID: 52186 MD: 3 (5 - 2)

Party

Grave: 33/64 HP | NRG: 7/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Edited by Grave

I rushed in once more, my energy finally ready for another attack. The same routine followed; striking the four red dots with amazing power, before pummelling the creature's head into the earth. The monster heaved at my feet, chest rising and falling, a quiet wheezing escaping it's gaping mouth. "Come, do not give up yet. We are almost done. I have no wish to fight a defenceless enemy." I said chivalrously. I wanted the Armadillo to fight with whatever strength it had left, until it gave it's dying breath.

ID: 52185 BD: 9 (7 + 2) MD: 4 (6 - 2)

Sword Art Used: Acupuncture - 8 x 4 x 2 - 24 = 64 - 24 = 40 DMG (8 NRG)

Party

Grave: 33/64 HP | NRG: 0/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 5/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

The Armadillo seemed to heed my advice, rolling over onto all fours and giving me that bloodthirsty death stare again. It was nearly dead, I could see the red bar curling around the monster, but at the same time my health bar had dipped just before the yellow. "Shite... if I take another attack I am going to-" But before I could finish, a powerful tail smashed me in the side of the skull, slamming me into the earth and shaking the trees all around. I whimpered there for a moment, before picking myself up and peering at my health bar. "-drop into yellow..." I growled to myself. I adjusted my coat, and instantly felt something was missing; my Corrupted Crystal. It was hooked around the tail of the Armadillo. "Playing sneaky, now..." I muttered.

Spoiler

Corrupted Crystal stolen: -1 EVA, -2 ACC

ID: 52193 MD: 7 (9 - 2)

Party

Grave: 29/64 HP | NRG: 1/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 5/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

The whole battle turned into a game of keepy-off. I was trying to edge around the Armadillo to [censored] the Crystal back, but he kept his tail way out of reach. At one point I attempted to dive over him, only for him to instantly turn and let me face plant into the dirt. "You think you are so funny, eh?" I growled, followed by an amused-sounding snort from the monster. I kept on trying to retrieve my necklace, but it did not look like it was happening any time soon. "Give... it... back!" I shouted, stumbling over myself over and over again.

ID: 52197 MD: 5 (6 - 1)

Party

Grave: 29/64 HP | NRG: 2/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | E: 1

Enemies

Edited by Grave

"Hey, look!" I shouted, pointing behind the Armadillo; the thick-headed brute fell for it. It spun around to face the 'danger', presenting its tail to me. I grabbed the necklace and quickly slipped it on, jumping back before the Armadillo could swipe at me. "You should really watch your back." I advised, huffing and puffing from the work of trying to catch the Crystal. "You are fast for a big guy." I praised him with a wide smile, and only received an exhausted snort in return.

Spoiler

Corrupted Crystal equipped: +2 ACC, +1 EVA

ID: 52198 MD: 3 (4 - 1)

Party

Grave: 29/64 HP | NRG: 3/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | E: 1

Enemies

Edited by Grave

The Armadillo charged at me, and my eyes flicked to my energy, then to his health bar; I had just enough to clear out the rest of his HP. I brought myself into a low stance, left hand on my hip. Both my feet and my flattened hand ignited purple, and my right leg struck the oncoming opponent in the side of the face, sending him off course, before my left collided with his leg, dropping him to the ground. My right smacked him in the snout with a side kick, and my hand trailed through the air towards his neck... but not before I muttered, "Again, thank you..." And with that, my hand slashed through the Armadillo's neck, decapitating him. He laid frozen for a moment, before shattering into blue crystals of data, floating up into the canopy above.

I received nothing but a material from the kill, and my face fell. "That... no..." I growled, turning to kick a tree, until I saw something brown in the grass. Curious, I reached down and picked it up; it was my bag of ingredients! My irritation quickly washed away, and I returned to the town with a spring in my step. "I cannot wait to tell Hikari about this!" I mused loudly.

ID: 52198 BD: 6 (4 + 2) MD: 2 (4 - 2)

Sword Art Used: Delayed Sword - 8 x 4 - 24 = 32 - 24 = 8 DMG (4 NRG)

Party

Grave: 29/64 HP | NRG: 0/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: -3/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

LD: 1 = 1 Armadillo Meat

---

Thread Completion Rewards

4 SP + 400 Col

<<Disguise>> Extra Skill

Edited by Grave