[SP-F6] Mirror, Mirror <<Gemini>> (Complete)

Poke poke... poke poke...

"Ngg... what is it, Hikari...?" I grumbled as I swatted at the troublesome weasel who seemed rather urgent to wake Sleeping Beauty.  She produced a series of squeaks, and a half-laugh escaped my lungs. "Oh, of course you are hungry, why would you not be... fine, I will make some breakfast..." I groaned, pulling myself up and rubbing my eyes. "You really do not get how much sleep I need, do you?" I asked, staring with drowsy pupils at Hikari, who scampered onto the counter. I peeled myself from my bed and shambled to the counter... and what I found really woke me up. All my materials were gone, and in their place was a note; "Floor Six, in the Jungle" it read, and I shivered at the thought of one of those deadly women holding my precious ingredients hostage. "Hikari... stay." I told her with a stern tone, and she returned a disappointed squeak, plodding off to my bed and curling up on it. I never thought I would do this, but... I was going to eat my own food. I had to be prepared.

Spoiler

Taken from Crimson Diner:

Rock Candy - Uncommon Dessert/Snack - (Fiber: +3 MIT/1 thread): Using shards gathered from a nigh-unbreakable rock, Grave has extracted the minerals and softened them to be able to mold them and harden them again to make small, rock-shaped sweets.

Sand Burrower Fillet - Uncommon Meal - (Fiber: +3 MIT/1 thread): A crumbed piece of Sand Burrower meat, a deadly worm that resides within the deserts of Floor Five, filled with a couple of other herbs and vegetables.  Usually tough, the flesh is softened by the juicy vegetables.

Edited by Grave

I tapped through my inventory, throwing my Coat on. Expecting Crystal and Handwraps too? No, they are always on, no matter what. My last Rock Candy and one of my two Sand Burrower Fillets were safely stowed away in my inventory. I spun around and looked to Hikari. "I will be back soon, sweetheart. I promise I will bring those materials back." And with that, I swished out of the door, my brow furrowed in frustration as I stormed through Delilah towards the warp gate, hands clenching and unclenching rather quickly. My feet finally touched down to the marble surface, and I turned to face the entirety of the village. "Teleport, Amazon." I grunted, the sapphire energy wrapping around and embracing me, shifting my body upwards through Aincrad.

The sweltering heat quickly hit me like a fireball as I appeared on the warp platform in Amazon, the main settlement in Floor Six.  I had no wish to let simple temperature bring me down before I knocked someone's lights out though. I was quick to rush through the swaths of players and NPCs to get to the outskirts of the village, entering the deadly jungle, the same one I had gone material hunting with Piera in. "Hmph..." I grunted, realising the irony; I started off searching for mats, now I was hunting down mats I lost. I whipped my view back and forth, blade-like hair following swiftly after. I soon remembered my last encounter on the floor... it was when I began hating all manner of bugs, thanks to a tricky little Killer Wasp. "I swear, if whoever stole my mats is a bug man, I will not me happy..." I grumbled, scanning the greenery still.

As I searched, I whipped out my Sand Burrower Fillet and munched into it, the sweet vegetables and spicy herbs flowing into my mouth and over my tongue, the soft meat squishing between my molars. I could feel my skin toughen like rock, and my coat felt more rigid. Because the fillet was so large, it took me quite some time to finish, thankfully before I could find anything... which still had yet to happen. I flicked through my inventory and rolled the rock candy into my hand, prepared to pop it into my mouth once I had swallowed my fillet.

Spoiler

Sand Burrower Fillet eaten - +3 MIT (12 MIT)

Edited by Grave

I dropped the hard candy into my mouth and rolled it around my tongue, savouring the sweet taste... and nearly spat it out as soon as I saw a cloaked figure. "Hey!" I shouted, and the cloak turned; nothing could be seen, not even hands. The robe concealed every inch of the figure's body. It began strolling towards me, and I stood my ground, fists ready to knock the bastard out. "You are the one that stole my materials, right?" I questioned, and a sinister laugh echoed from the cloak. "How would you like to duel me for your precious ingredients?" It asked, and I growled back. "Bring it, I will kick your ass!" I threatened, and with that, a 'Quest Taken' icon appeared above his head. The [censored]...? I wondered, watching his health bar appear beside him. I took my usual fighting stance... but was thrown off when the cloak disappeared... and an exact copy of me appeared from within. "What he hell?!" I roared, before noticing the strange sheen on his equipment; it was fake, all vanity items. "Alright then! Bring it!"

Spoiler

Rock Candy eaten - +3 MIT (15 MIT)

Party
Grave: 64/64 | D: 8 | NRG: 16/16 | A: 2 | E: 2 | M: 15 | T: 7

Enemies
Gemini Grave: 64/64 | D: 5 x 4

Edited by Grave

"Alright, prepare yourself!" My clone shouted, lunging at me, fist narrowly passing my face. I simply stuck a leg out, and the fake tripped right over it, falling into a roll, popping back up a few meters behind me. I turned to calmly face the double. "If you are me, why did you not see that coming?" I asked, cocking my head curiously. "It is not like I can tell what you are going to do..." The double muttered, and I snickered. "If you are me, you know what I would do in that situation." I countered, grinning widely. "Oh, be quiet!" The doppelganger shouted, lunging again. "Jeez, and I thought I was reckless!" I laughed as I pressed a foot to the double's knee, stopping him short of hitting me. "God, I am a fool apparently." I mumbled, falling back into a low stance. Four points of crimson glowing energy appeared across the fake's body; one at the ribs, on at the liver, one at the heart, and a final one in the centre of his nose. "Right... first time I have ever used <<Acupuncture>>... mirror, mirror, on the wall..." I whispered, before sending spike-like hands flying at the marked points, piercing a hole in the first three. "Who is the most badass of them all?" I finished, my left hand lashing out and piercing the fake's face, shattering his head, and eventually the rest of his body, into pieces.

I straightened my coat and grunted as no bag of ingredients was left behind. "[censored]." I cursed, frowning, before my eyes lit up as a prompt popped into my vision, displaying a skill I received. "<<Disguise>>, huh?" I mumbled, swiping it open. "Huhm... I can become the opponent for a limited time, and gain both an accuracy and evasion buff in that time. Sounds pretty slick." I mused, scratching my chin and swiping the interface away. "Now... let us find those ingredients..."

ID: 49299 BD: 5 + 2 = 7 MD: 7 - 2 = 5

Sword Art Used: Acupuncture - 8 x 4 x 2 = 64 DMG (8 NRG)

Party
Grave: 64/64 | D: 8 | NRG: 8/16 | A: 2 | E: 2 | M: 15 | T: 7

Enemies
Gemini Grave: 0/64 | D: 5 x 4

LD: 18 = <<Disguise>> Skill: Activated free - 12 post cooldown. Effect: Gain +1 to the BD result for a single combat action vs another player. Your opponent suffers -1 to their next BD roll vs you. Can be used on any type of enemy.

Edited by Grave
  • 3 weeks later...

I looked up at my energy; half of it had been depleted in that single attack. If I was to be attacked suddenly, I likely would not last very long, so I opted to wait out the energy regeneration. The best place to find solace was in a tree, and who knew? I might have been able to find my ingredients from way up there. Like a monkey O began to clamber up the nearest tree, only to find it was cut off half way up. "Shite." I cursed, before leaping off to the side, catching onto another tree, one much larger, and began the climb upwards.

9/16 NRG

ID: 51450 LD: 1 = Kill me now

Edited by Grave

Finally my head of silver hair popped out of the top of the tree, and I scanned the surroundings. Well, I would have if said surroundings were not covered by a dense canopy of jungle life. "Nope... not going to find anything from here." I growled, my feet slipping backwards off of my little branch, bound fingers digging into the bark of the tree as I slid down to the earth, landing in a crouch with a heavy thud at the bottom. I spun on my heel and continued my search, eyes dancing back and forth through the greenery.

NRG: 10/16

ID: 51454 LD: 4 = Too much green.

Edited by Grave

I trekked through the jungle, tripping myself up on lurking roots and shrubbery, avoiding small trees that threatened to swipe at me. Multiple times I halted and looked around warily, only to encounter some small bird or jungle creature. "Where the hell...?" I grunted, beginning to become quite irritated. I swung my head as something snapped nearby, looking around for what may have broken. There is was; a small branch on a tree... and the surface of said tree did not look very flat. "Oh, cra-" Before I could finish my curse, the camouflage that covered the creature's flesh faded for a moment as it leapt towards me, barely swiping the air over my head. "Christ!" I shouted, whirling around. "Well, guess it is time to try this..." I mumbled, before swiping to my skills and tapping <<Disguise>>, activating it and letting the effect work; my body quickly morphed into the same shape as the chameleon's, and it cocked its head curiously. A perfect chance. I rushed towards it and swung around, tail pointing at my foe and glowing crimson. The same four scarlet spots dotted the lizard, and I struck out, tail slamming each of the spots, before piercing the monster in the head, shattering it into dainty shards of data. I shifted back into my usual, more comfortable form and stretched my arms to the sky. "Wow... not bad... pretty uncomfortable, though..."

NRG Restored

<<Disguise>> Activated - +1 BD -1 MD (12 Post Cooldown)

ID: 51456 BD: 6 (4 + 3 - 1) MD: 3 (6 - 3)

Sword Art Used: Acupuncture - 8 x 4 x 2 - 20 = 64 - 20 = 44 DMG (8 NRG)

Party

Grave: 64/64 HP | NRG: 8/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Chameleon: 0/44 HP | D: 20 | M: 20 | Special Ability: Camouflage - This monster gains +1 EVA

LD: 6 = 1 Chameleon Meat

Edited by Grave

I grunted as I stretched my joints, popping them loudly. "Christ... it will take some time to get used to doing that..." I groaned, cracking my neck as I strolled away from the scene of battle. Where could my ingredients be? If I were a monster where would I- No... if I were me, where would I hide them? I had not thought of that before. I stood still and and tapped a finger to my chin. I would hide a bag... in the tallest tree possible. However, with the canopy up above, telling what the highest tree was was an effort. "Well... time to get searching..." I growled to myself, sliding my hands into my coat pockets and stalking around the jungle some more.

+1 NRG
9/16 NRG
<<Disguise>> Cooldown: 11 Posts

Edited by Grave

As I strolled through the green tangle of foliage, I threw multiple looks up to the canopy above, hoping I may be able to see a tree spearing through the ceiling above. Of course, I also kept my eyes peeled for new materials to add to my collection at ground level. With my luck though, no such spectacular occurence came to me. It was just like that time with Piera; keeping our eyes out like sharp knives, but finding no materials. Well, I lied, I did find a few materials, but poor Piera lacked the luck that I had suddenly gained in that session. I sighed and wiped my brow. "You know... I need some booze after this... I am already shattered, alcohol will not make me much worse..." I contemplated to myself.

ID: 51985 LD: 13 = Nadda

+1 NRG
10/16 NRG
<<Disguise>> Cooldown: 10 Posts

Edited by Grave

A strange rumbling shook the trees around me and the earth beneath my feet, and I made a panicked grab for a nearby tree. "What the bloody hell is that?!" I cursed, until a large figure came into view, rolling through the foliage like some giant boulder, and springing onto all fours nearby. "A... giant armadillo?" I questioned, cocking my head as I approached slowly... but before I could get within three meters of it, it snapped at me, mouth frothing white. "A Rabid Giant Armadillo..." I growled, taking up a fighting stance. "I will put you out of your misery, you poor thing..."

Regen: Energy Refilled

<<Disguise>> Cooldown: 9 Posts

Party:

Grave: 64/64 HP | NRG: 16/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 200/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

The Armadillo snapped at me again, and I went to strike it, but my fist came too close to being munched on. So I veered off my course. However, the monster used its long snout to knock my to the side, throwing me off balance. "Ah, crap!" I cursed, spinning around to face a whirling ball of doom. "I am glad I ate those meals..." I sighed to myself before the giant ball crashed into my body, crushing me against the tangle of vines below. I coughed and spluttered for a moment before pulling myself up. "Well... that could have hurt a lot more." I mused, very quickly regaining my posture and taking my fighting stance. This was going to be a long fight.

<<Disguise>> Cooldown: 8 Posts

ID: 52050 BD: 5 (3 + 2) MD: 8 (10 - 2)

Mob Attack: (18 + 1) - 15 = 19 - 15 = 4 DMG

Party:

Grave: 60/64 HP | NRG: 14/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 200/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

The Armadillo spun out of its hiding place and onto all fours, staring at me with black, bloodthirsty eyes. "Come at me again, I dare you!" I shouted, placing my left palm out and my right at my hip. With an unnaturally vicious snarl, the animal bowled itself at me. I slammed my right palm forward, sending a crimson wave of energy out, affecting the monster alone. The creature burst from its sphere, soft underside facing me. My hands automatically came to my sides, glowing crimson, four dots igniting in an identical colour over the creature's abdomen, liver, heart and head, and my needle-like hands struck out, piercing each spot with the power of two strikes, until I launched the thick-skinned animal across the jungle with a final blow to the head.

Regen: +1 NRG

<<Disguise>> Cooldown: 7 Posts

ID: 52051 BD: 8 (6 + 2) MD: 0 (2 - 2)

Sword Art Used: Acupuncture - 8 x 4 x 2 - 24 = 64 - 24 = 40 DMG (8 NRG)

Party:

Grave: 60/64 HP | NRG: 7/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 160/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

With abnormal agility, the monster flipped back onto its four feet and snarled. "You are making some unusual noises for an armadillo." I remarked, taking up my stance again. With a growl, the Armadillo launched itself at my, curling into a ball mid-flight, and rolling across the greenery like a terrible boulder. With a grin I simply sat there, shoulder facing the oncoming danger. Yes, I was going to take damage, but he was not going fast enough to Crit me. That meant...

But at the last second, the creature hit what seemed like a small tree stump and was launched off course, slamming into a nearby tree and falling out of its ball, peering around confusedly. "Right, you just keep doing that. I will finish you off." I said with a grin, cracking my knuckles.

<<Disguise>> Cooldown: 6 Posts

ID: 52132 BD: 4 (2 + 2) MD: 4 (6 - 2)

Party:

Grave: 60/64 HP | NRG: 6/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 160/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

My eyes flitted to the yellow bar below my health; my energy was running low. <<Acupuncture>> used half of my energy, which was a terrible cost against my opponent. Sadly, it was also the only Sword Art that would deal decent damage without wasting a crap ton of energy; I had bitten of more than I could chew. The rabid creature rolled at me again, and I hoped to god that Thorns would activate... but again the approach was too quick and collision too powerful for Thorns to lash out at the creature. I was knocked to the ground again and growled as I hauled myself back to my feet. The Rabid Armadillo was surprisingly agile when spinning out of its shell, and I had bet that even if it were not rolling around it could almost kick my ass.

Keyword: almost.

<<Disguise>> Cooldown: 5 Posts

ID: 52160 MD: 7 (9 - 2)

Mob Damage: (18 + 1) - 15 = 19 - 15 = 4 DMG

Party

Grave: 56/64 HP | NRG: 7/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Edited by Grave

The creature snarled and began yet another charge towards me, and I bent my knees in preparation. My ground was just higher than his; I was sure I could vault over the whirling sphere. Breathing deeply, I awaited the monster's approach, and as it came into the five meter range, I leapt up, extending my hands downwards and pushing off of the rolling animal, launching myself away into a roll. "Alright!" I shouted, spinning around to see that the Armadillo had crashed into a huge tree. Sadly it did not take any environmental damage, but the creature had his back turned, a bonus to me.

<<Disguise>> Cooldown: 4 Posts

ID: 52161 MD: 1 (3 - 2)

Party

Grave: 56/64 HP | NRG: 8/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Edited by Grave

I ran towards my confused foe, bolting like a bullet, ready to lay the beatdown on my distracted opponent, when I was caught off guard by the swing of a powerful tail, slamming me into a tree. "Oof!" I grunted as my abdomen was crushed. "You... little... bastard..." I spat through gritted teeth, grasping the tail and slowly turning in opposite directions. Before long crimson cross-hatching began to tear across the tail, and I was released onto my feet, the Armadillo screeching in pain. With a growl, I placed my hands to my hips like needles, my handwraps glowing crimson and dotting the Armadillo with identically coloured targets. I struck out, pummelling each of the dots with insane power, until a blow to the head launched the animal into yet another tree. I was left with my arm outstretched from the Post-Motion, as crimson energy floated around me as sparks.

<<Disguise>> Cooldown: 3 Posts

ID: 52162 BD: 11 (9 + 2) MD:  8 (10 - 2)

Sword Art Used: Acupuncture - (8 + 2) x 4 x 2 - 24 = 10 x 4 x 2 - 24 = 80 - 24 = 56 DMG (8 NRG)

Mob Damage: (18 + 1) - 15 = 4 DMG

Party

Grave: 52/64 HP | NRG: 1/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 108/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

The Armadillo seemed to have no wish to give up any time soon. That was fine by me, I would outlast the bastard for as long as needed. He curled up again and charged up, rolling at me, but this time much slower than usual. With a grin, lowered my shoulder to the Armadillo, preparing for impact, and impact I got. The giant boulder crashed into me and sent a shock through my body, although my mitigation numbed it, but the echoing crash was quickly followed by what sounded like blades slicing through flesh; the Thorns on my armour activated and cut through the monster's defences. The Armadillo in curled itself and stumbled from side to side, obviously disorientated from the sudden piercing attack. "Hah, you were not expecting that, were you?" I taunted, hands on my hips as I breathed heavily.

<<Disguise>> Cooldown: 2 Posts

ID: 52163 MD: 6 (8 - 2)

Mob Damage: 18 - 15 = 3 DMG (7 Thorns)

Party

Grave: 49/64 HP | NRG: 2/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 101/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave

The Armadillo finally shook its senses back into place and stared at me with those bloodthirsty eyes once more. "You just do not want to give up, do you?" I asked, scratching the back of my head, expecting his next attack to be sluggish. Sadly, I was horribly mistaken, and the tail lash came at me again, just as powerful as before, and sent me flying across the jungle. My Thorns did not activate once again, and I growled at myself. "Damn it..." I cursed, driving a fist into the ground. "This thing is going to kill me..." I growled, picking myself off the ground and standing once more.

<<Disguise>> Cooldown: 1 Posts

ID: 52166 MD: 8 (10 - 2)

Mob Damage: (18 + 1) - 15 = 19 - 15 = 4 DMG

Party

Grave: 45/64 HP | NRG: 3/16 | D: 8 | M: 15 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies

Rabid Giant Armadillo: 101/200 HP | D: 18 | M: 24

Edited by Grave