[PP-F1] Nepent's Bane <Secret Medicine of the Forest> (Snow)

Having just materialized in the central plaza of the Starting City, the Golden Haired Spear Bearer Lawfer looked around at the continuous hustle and bustle of the city that began his journey. It had been a quite some time since he set foot in this city. Having taken refuge here for the better part of the year at the start of the game, he had made it a point at not returning. At this point, the monsters of this floor were not a threat to him. But, he was on his own personal mission. Having looked back at all his completed quests, he realized that he had overlooked on of the most basic quests at the start of the game and there was no time like the present to acquire the additional SP that the quest provided.

Making his way through the crowd, Lawfer found himself lost. “Now where did that NPC go?” He asked himself, as he raised his right hand. Scrolling through his interface he pulled up the map function. The man had made it a point to always track the starting point of all the quest info he received from the all-knowing brokers. Carefully, he canvased the digital map. “There he is.” He stated as he lowered his hand and closed out of the interface.

He was a few blocks off of his original, projection, normally he wouldn’t have made such a mistake but today he was feeling a bit off of his normal self. As he began walking again, he tried to take in the sights of Starting City. Weaving in and out of all the pathways, he eventually made it to the tricky little NPC that eluded him. As he was about to interact with the NPC, his attention was drawn to certain blonde female spear bearer.

“It’s not often you run into another 2-handed spear user.” Lawfer said to the fair, blue eyed woman as he noticed the large two handed spear on her back. He would be lying to himself if he didn’t acknowledge the fact that she possessed the physical traits that Lawfer found attractive. Being the flirt that he was, there was no way he was going to pass up an opportunity like this. “Im Lawfer, part of the Knights of the Bloodoath.” He said with a smile. “If you’re planning on taking this quest, want to team up? ”

"Thank you, sir!" Snow bowed the the NPC quest giver with a smile and the partial bend seen in common Japanese society. The NPC returned a similar gesture.

As the young phalanx turned about, her eyes met with that of another. She jolted if only a bit by his unexpected presence. Luckily, he broke the ice with a friendly tone and a smile. Then, he mentioned the Knights of the Bloodoath and Snow's eyes brightened.

"Oh?! Do you know Opal?" the blonde inquired with a quick recollection of the tall femme fatale. Immediately, she knew she was in good company. Between Seul, Opal, and Hikoru, the young teen had renewed faith in the players that chose to fight. Before her will to join them, the fighters treated her and her fellow refugees like worthless scavengers.

Lawfer tried to hold in a slight chuckle when the female spear bearer had asked her question. Lawfer had known Opal quite well, they had quested a lot together before his sudden departure. “Yeah, Opal and I go back quite a bit.” The golden haired man responded, with a smile. He didn’t want to bore her with all the details, and it was really hard to share just how close the two were. “But if you know Opal, that means we are both in good company.” He remarked as he lifted his right hand and opened his interface. “Your name is Snow right?” He asked as he looked at the HP bar on top of her head, before selecting the party option and sent the request for her to join his part.

“We shouldn’t have a problem dealing with the monsters on this level. I’ll handle the dirty work if things get too difficult.” He stated with his trademark wink. “Do you need to collect anything before we head out to the forest? Or can we get going right away?” He asked curiously.  

Snow smiled at his chipper personality and his response to Opal. When she heard her name, she gave a slight nod. Moments later, a party request window appeared to her with Lawfer's name on it. She hit accept and his name plus health bar appeared in the upper left of her peripheral vision.

"Nope, I should be all good to go. I'll let you handle the tough stuff since I still have this old thing from two years ago," she replied with a gesture to the plain oak and steel spear fastened to her back. "But I should be able to hold my own."

Snow pulled up her menu and made a few checks before feeling completely confident. When she closed them out, she gestured to Lawfer.

"I'll follow you," she added with a smile.

OOC: Feel free to attack them if you'd like or make your own Mobs, I know their mit is high for you but i'll one shot them all with a successful attack, I'll roll for their attack next turn. 

After looking at the blonde woman’s spear, it brought back fond memories of when he himself used the same quality spear. “I remember using the same spear. It’s got good balance and isn’t too heavy, when you wanna upgrade it make sure to let me know, I played around with a few different spears before settling on my halberd.” He stated with a smile, he knew what it was like finally choosing to step forward in the world and how terrifying it could be if you didn’t know the right people to help you out.

“Ok then, follow me. We’re going to shoot straight to the forest. When we are in there, you can hunt by yourself or you can team up with me to topple some of the more difficult mobs, and we can split the loot 50/50. However you prefer.” Pausing for a moment, Lawfer changed accessed his inventory and equipped his Wolf’s Vanguard Armor.

The two made their way to the gates of Starting City, Lawfer looked back at the spearwoman. “I know you are capable, but don’t take any risks. If you think the situation is a little too hairy, just holler, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I let a pretty girl like you die on my watch.” Lawfer stated in a serious manner, followed by a smile. As the party exited the safe zone, Lawfer pointed to the forest in the distance, and began walking towards it.

As the two grew closer and closer the forest, the blue eyed spearman noticed a pack of Savage boars grazing in the high grass in front of the tree line. Having felled many of the beasts before, he knew that they would be great for a warm up. “Time to hunt.” He said softly to the woman as he sprinted forward, trying to catch the boars off guard. When he came within range he stepped forward with his lead foot and swung wildly, with his ornate Lawbreaker. Having swung high, Lawfer missed the four boars. “Ah crap…” Lawfer stated as the boars began to surround him. “Well that was lame of me…” He stated coldly as he looked back over to Snow curious to know if she was going to leap in with the assist. He wasn’t worried about the monsters that surrounded him. They could only chip away a small portion of his health.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 64/64
Lawfer EP: 14/16 
Sword Art Used: Miss -2 EP

Savage Boar - HP: 38/38   3 DMG   10 Mit

ID: 49556
BD: 2 (lame) [+2HM DMG Next turn]

Edited by Lawfer

Snow nodded in his proposal for loot.

"Seems fair," she commented, pleasantly surprised at his kindness. Many other players were under the mantra of you keep what you kill.

After a few more light topics of what to expect, they began for the gate. This morning, the streets were lighter than usual. Likely, many of the players had taken to the fields or the front to get their day underway. For the two of them, they were a little late to start, but not by much. When they arrived at the gates, her teammate turned to her to voice his concerns. At first, she was slightly offended by his assumption she would rush to her own demise, but he immediately countered with a compliment and a smile. Snow felt her cheeks warm and turn a slight rosy hue.

"I'll hunt with you," she commented as she adverted her gaze. "I'm still learning, so if something stronger came along..."

Her voiced trailed off, its implications clear. Lawfer reassured her and then they made their way to the objective.

The young phalanx kept pace with her new acquaintance. As they made way, they did little to exchange small talk, which was fine by her. In fact, the fields still intimidated her. As they maneuvered the fields, the blonde kept a wary eye on the nearby creatures and phases of light from re-spawns. It was only then they encroached on the forest perimeter did her team leader hold out a hand to stop her advance. He crouched low an whispered it was time to hunt. Snow nodded and quietly pulled the spear from her back. Compared to the boars in the plains, these looked bigger, meaner, and stronger. Her grip tightened to white knuckles against the oak haft of her weapon.

Then, he leapt forward at the pack with a wide, sweeping blow. The halberd's blade cut through the air with a hum, but just an inch too high to land on any of the animals. In essence, only alerting them of their presence. Each of the boars squealed and startled, looking toward Lawfer with glowing red eyes. They had yet to notice Snow. The girl took a deep breath, closed her eyes and exhaled to steel her nerves.

Spoiler

ID# 49676: [] BD: 3 [] ((Miss))

Snow: [] H8: 0 [] 12/12 HP [] 2/4 EN [] ((-2 EN))
No Damage

Savage BoarHP: 38/38   3 DMG   10 Mit

The girl opened her eyes, and leapt from the brush. The length of her spear began to hum until it pulsed with light. Her body shot forward in a flash and the tip shot forward into a lunge. Instead of her partner missing high, her spear stopped just shy of the pack. At the tip, and explosion of force radiated outward, but by the time it reached the swines, it only managed to buffer them with wind. Now, both of them were exposed. Snow landed and firmed her stance in the underbrush. She held her weapon across her frame and prepared for retaliation. With an apologetic glance, she looked to Lawfer.

"Sorry!," she apologized. "Still trying to get used to the system assist."

Meanwhile, the boars prepared to attack.

Edited by Snow

Lawfer smiled. "It's ok... I am used to skill assist and I still missed. It happens.." He said jokingly as he refocused his attention of the boars. With the introduction of his partner they had become enraged and chaotic. Placing himself directly between Snow and the boars, he waited for the 4 beasts to barrel in at them. They crashed in hard, but Lawfer felt unfazed. He was a tad too overpowered for the first floor at this point. What could have been some serious damage was just a light massage to him now.

Lowering his stance once more, his Halberd began to ignite in scarlet. “Ok got the distance…” he said to himself as he took a step forward with his lead foot. Swinging accurately this time, <Trip Expand> activated and his halberd ignited and spun him like a cyclone, cutting into the four savage boars. The monsters erupted into blue pixels and then evaporated, leaving behind a hefty sacks of col and materials. “Lets see… 380 Col for you, 380 for me. 2 Mats for you… 2 Mats for me.” Lawfer stated as he collected and distributed the winnings accordingly.

“Not bad loot for 1 battle. Good work out there Snow.” He said with a smile as slung the massive halberd over his shoulder and locked it into its harness on his back. Moving some of the longer strands of hair from his face, he looked back at the spear woman. “You’ll find your mark on the next group. But we should try to stay out of battle until we fill our EP back up.”

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 60/64 [+2HM DMG this turn]
Lawfer EP: 3/16 
Sword Art Used:Trip Expand -12EP 

Savage Boar - HP: 0/38   3 DMG   10 Mit

ID: 49682
MD: 9= 3+1= 4DMG-12 Mit=1 DMG

ID: 49683
MD:10= 3+2= 5DMG - 12 MIT = 1 DMG

ID: 49684
MD: 5= Miss

ID:49686
MD: 8= 3DMG - 12 MIT= 1 DMG

ID: 49687
BD: 7= [8+2]*6=60-10 Mit= 50 DMG
LD: 9+2= 11= +760 Col + 4 Mats

Edited by Lawfer

The young valkyrie braced herself for the impact of the boars, looking away but keeping one eye on them at all times. Before they could lash out at her with their tusks, Lawfer placed himself between the two. Snow heard several unpleasant skritches and gnashes from successful hits. Small motes of red drifted from Lawfer's body much to the girl's concern. She reached out to him to check if he was alright, but watched as his HP bar barely ticked down a centimeter. She retreated her hand as if he were a hot kettle, and watched him spring back into action.

His halberd illuminated with a faint light and burst forth into a cyclone of fury. Each boar reeled back, tumbled, and came to a stop with gashes of their own from tail to tusk. In a second's passing, they burst into shimmering dust, each with a loot window of their own. Snow remained silent, for she had yet to see someone dispatch such strong enemies so effortlessly. He collected the spoils and a pop up appeared to Snow with her half. She reluctantly hit accept.

"You did all the work..." she stated with a tone of defeat. "And you kept me safe... Thank you."

The young phalanx gripped her spear quietly, disappointed in her own performance. She only quietly nodded to his advice about avoiding battle. It took her a moment to loosen her grip, but the girl eventually slid the spear to her back with a faint click. She felt out of place. He was one of those who fought and lived by it. She was still a Refugee with a weapon, treading in foreign territory she spent two years avoiding. 

"For Daire..." she reassured herself, remembering her late friend's smile.

She nodded softly to herself and found a place to retreat her insecurities to.

"Where to now?" she asked, her Russian accent faint on each word. "Should we rest, or keep pressing on?"

Spoiler

Regen:
Snow: [] 12/12 HP [] 2/3 EN [] ((+1 EN))

HP Regen: +6--- 64/64
EP Regen: 1/3---- 4/16

As he watched the woman accept the loot with a heavy expression, the blonde spear-bearer took a step closer to her and placed his hand on her shoulder making sure to avoid the thorns that were riddled about her armor. “Snow.. You did good… So don’t worry your pretty little head about it.” he paused for a moment, while smiling, hoping that his words would sink in. “Those mobs were strong… But you didn’t hesitate, you backed me up. That’s all that matters. And in turn I was your shield. Besides… it’s been a long time since I got a deep tissue massage from a boar.” He joked, chuckling for a moment as he remembered the first time he fought with boars and almost died.

Removing his hand from the woman’s slender shoulder, he placed it on his own hip as he surveyed the area. As he listend to the woman's question he smiled once more. “Well now we press on and get to move into the forest. I know I need my EP to replenish a bit, but if we come across something. I have enough in my reserves to help out.” Lawfer said with a wink, as he tilted his head indicating for them to press on towards the tree line.

As they reached the tree line, the blue eyed spear man stopped and looked back to his partner. “The forest is rich with materials as well. If you find something feel free to keep it.” Raising his hand, he accessed his map, "The Nepent's should be around this area. We have to farm them a bit until the Variant shows up." he added. From all the information he received from his broker about the quest he knew that he wouldn't need his Sword Arts to handle the little creatures but he want to make sure Snow got the appropriate battle experience she would need to brave more grueling quests. Looking to his right he noticed a small crystal sitting at the base of a large tree. Kneeling down he picked it up and tossed it to his companion. 

"Take it. I know what it's like starting later than everyone else. When you decide on a profession, you can make it up to me." Lawfer said with a smile and his trademark wink, as he looked deeper into the forest. 

<Material Gathering>
ID: 49726  LD:16 + 2= +1 Mat (Given to Snow)

Edited by Lawfer

The object suddenly in the air startled Snow into action. He slender fingers overlapped one another quickly and incoherently. With a little stumble and visual equivalent of playing hot potato, she finally clasped the crystal in her hands. Like a child holding a secret, she slowly lifted her fingers to take a peek as the shimmering stone. No thicker than her pinkie, the green crystal caught the surrounding light and danced prisms in against her skin. For a moment, her mind lapsed to the real world when Snow would walk past the jewelry shop windows and take a moment to admire their beauty. She always hoped one day, she would be able to afford one or find someone she cared for that would gift her something beautiful.

His voice returned her to their current reality, and found her cheeks heated and rosy. She gently shook her head of the memories. With a few nervous motions, Snow placed the crystal in her inventory for later. Then, she brushed off her attire despite it being clean - a nervous habit and side effect of her ever persistent anxiety.

"T-thanks," the blonde girl stammered before getting a grip on her own voice, "I have been thinking of what profession to take up since I decided to fight. All the smithing jobs are intimidating so I'm thinking one of the more artsy jobs, cooking or artificing."

The young valkyrie patted at her cheeks, trying to work the blush away. Kindness wasn't common in the Beginner's Refuge. In fact, the refuge could be seen as more cut throat and ruthless than the wilds. Snow was neither used to this kind of treatment, nor did she know how to handle it. Two years of scraping by reverted her to the quiet little Czech girl who stayed bundled in her winter furs and silent til spoken to. The outgoing, sociable girl who grew together with Daire in Kyoto struggled to find her way back to Snow.

"And thanks," she commented again regarding his earlier statement, "I'll try to help out if I can. If I see something I'll let you know. Since I'm still not much good, I'll let you keep leading."

Snow kept her eyes adverted. She felt intimidated by his confidence and prowess, but at the same time comfortable knowing he would keep her alive. This quest would have been too much to handle on her own.

Spoiler

ID# 49964: [] LD: 18 []

As she avoided eye contact, she did notice something on the ground they must have missed when collecting the loot. Snow tilted her head in inquiry before bending down to get a closer look. She noticed a small piece of something metallic under the collective leaves, sticks, and bark of the forest floor. Pushing it carefully aside, Snow managed to pluck out a small, gold trinket. It was tarnished, and weathered, but in the center marked a strange symbol. She opened the inspection window to learn it was a type of rune used to pull out certain special qualities when crafting.

Snow stood and turned to Lawfer with it in her hand.

"Fifty-fifty?"

Edited by Snow

EP Regen: 2/3---- 5/16
ID: 50041   LD:3+2= Fail

Lawfer smiled, “I completely understand that. When I chose my profession, I decided on the route of the performer. They aren’t in high demand and their crafts are pretty worthless… but I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the guitar in the real world, so the heart won over the head on that one.” A laugh followed his statement as he thought back to how that choice could have been so much better. As the golden haired spearman surveyed the area, he caught glimpse of the woman desperately struggle to hide the fact that her cheeks that had become rosy. Lawfer was taken aback for a moment by the cuteness that radiated from her slightly insecure actions.

“You’re welcome Snow.” Lawfer said with a wink, “And it sounds good to me, and even if you aren’t able to help me. Just make sure to pay it forward to the next person that needs help.” Smiling, Lawfer looked around once again, he had been expecting some of the little Nepents to show up at this point, but was glad that he had the time to recover a bit of his energy.

His attention was refocused as the woman spoke up once again. Her soft voice had become a welcomed tune at this point. “Well look at that.” Lawfer responded as he looked at the small trinket. This was a great material for crafting. As he accepted the welcomed gift from the slender spear woman he smiled. “Thanks pretty lady.”

Pulling back, branch after branch in the shrubs that surrounded the party, Lawfer searched for some semblance of loot or a Nepent track, but could find nothing. "We should probably press on a bit deeper if we want to finish this quest anytime soon..." He stated with a slight pause to move some strands of hair from his face. "So Snow... What made you want to start fighting after all this time?"

Edited by Lawfer

His question may as well have been an arrow. The wound torn open by her loss and her reason for finally stepping forward after all this time was still tender. Even though the reason was depressing in nature, Snow tried to keep positive. Too much venturing into the past would only rip the sutures of her shoddy optimism. Yet, the teen felt an obligation to be honest. Lies were only a poison meant for the weak or corrupt.

"Her name was Last Chance here," Snow's voice, once bright and chipper, now dragged with an unseen weight. "She was my roommate. Well, before all this at least. When we were faced with the news, she chose to fight. I chose to stay. We found a way to make it work. She would visit the Refuge or send PMs from time to time to keep in touch. At least once a week, but often more. A few weeks ago..."

Snow's voice wavered. She placed a hand over her mouth, shook her head, clenched her burning eyes, and took a deep breath. She exhaled, focusing for a moment on moving the brush in her path away from her. Stepping into a clearing, she continued.

"A few weeks ago I received a message from the player she had been seeing. They met on the front lines. It was the thirteenth floor boss. It killed her."

Snow's chest grew heavy. The subject still hurt so very much. She told herself it would ease in time, but it still felt so surreal to say. Snow still remembered her smile as if she were standing next to her and telling her to tough it out. Snow loved her, if not as a friend, then as a sister - not by blood, but by spirit.

"We promised," Snow struggled to continue. "We promised when she left, that if she couldn't beat the game, I would pick up where she left off so I could see her parents. So I could live in her shoes. So I could live for her..."

The tears hung on Snow's lower lashes, but she raised her head and feigned a smile to Lawfer.

"That's why."

A tear rolled down, but Snow padded it away with the sleeve of Hikoru's hoodie. The then dabbed her sorrowful blue eyes dry.

"I have to fight because she no longer can fight for both of us."

Snow cleared her throat and shook off the pain of old memories. Immediately, she internally tended to the torn sutures and threaded it with an optimism needed to keep her strong. Daire was gone, but someone had to be strong for her. Snow pulled the suture taught and knotted off another shoddy mend to the tender wound. She smiled again, this time more sincere. She wore the conflict on her face, but kept her head high and shoulder's square.

"Enough about sad stories. I'm sure this place has had its fill of those. What about you, Lawfer?"

[OOC: Didn't make sense to do a loot roll or mob spawn through all that. Feel free to get some Nepents going if you like, though. :)]

Edited by Snow

Lawfer smiled, he could tell that it took a lot out of the woman to even talk about it. He knew that feeling all too well having lost his own family back in the real world. Hanging his head for a moment, the thoughts of his past from the real world rushed in. As he snapped out of it he smiled. Walking up to the Valkyrie, he placed his right hand on top of her head. “Its ok to cry about the ones we’ve lost. It’s proof that we are still alive and living. I’m sure Chance would be proud knowing that you decided to move forward.” He said with sincerity, as he removed his hand. “Besides, you’ll only get stronger because of it.”

“Well to tell you the truth, I have a less noble reason for wanting to move forward.” He paused as he avoided a low hanging tree branch.

“I just want to see and explore everything about this world. The only reason I thought this game looked fun was because I could explore a new world. The real world was fun, but I was running out of fun things to see..." Glancing back to the woman, he wanted to make sure she was still close.

"When we were stuck in Aincrad I took too much time in the beginning to just explore the 1st floor and never ventured any further than that. And after I realized there was so much more involved in this world, that’s when I decided that I needed to get stronger so I can see all of it.” Looking forward, he surveyed the landscape for some hint of nepent tracks.

“Then after I had gotten a little stronger, I took the last few months to disappear and explore up to the 7th floor all by myself. It was selfish really… But unfortunately I can’t turn back time.” He joked, as he navigated around another tree. “My EP is full now. How about we find some nepents and then get back to civilization? Dinner will be on me.”

Snow shook her head at his suggestion. She had done her crying. The blonde needed to move past the pain. Daire would be a happy memory, not one of loss. Then he continued to explain his much more interesting approach on their condition. As he spoke, it almost felt like he treated this world more like a blessing than a curse. He actually wanted to see its beauty, and didn't even mention its grip on people. Snow was stricken by his approach.

"I've never thought of it that way..." Snow admitted. "I always saw this place as a punishment or cage for being so naive and ignorant. I thought it was payment and a display to the world that we weren't ready for this kind of luxury. This technology wasn't meant for games..."

Then, Snow remembered the original reason she wanted to play SAO with her roommate. They were both art majors studying abroad in Japan. Snow wanted to learn more about storyboard and illustration. Daire wanted to know more about games and three dimensional design. Ultimately, they wanted to experience and admire the culmination of what they could accomplish if they chased their dreams. Sword Art Online was their goal and their motivation.

"Lawfer..." Snow's soft Czech accent sounded sincere and apologetic. "Thank you."

She smiled at him with a radiant warmth.

"You reminded me of the real reason I came here to begin with. Thank you."

It was that moment, the nearby brush stirred unnaturally so. From it, waddled several strange abominations with open, gaping mouths, vine like tentacles, and red adornments attached to the top of their bodies. Snow staggered a step back before Cardinal identified the four creatures as Nepents. Snow's expression firmed and became serious.

"Let me," Snow remarked to Lawfer as she wielded her spear.

Snow adopted a wide stance with the tip lower to the ground than the pommel. As she readied, the system began to illuminate the length of her weapon - an indication of a sword art. Then, Snow's body shot forward, spear leading point first. As she closed the gap, the novice Valkyrie thrust her weapon into the middle of the pack and a blast of raw power erupted from it. 

Each creature reeled from the blast, suffering a red gnash on their bodies. Snow's spear completed its animation by flipping in her hands back to an at ready position. The shock from the successful hit wore clearly on her expression.

"I did it!" she called out, slightly inappropriate for the current tones of combat.

The Nepents recovered, and focused their aggression toward Snow. A thick, viscous fluid bubbled from their gaping mouths and vines thrashed wildly as they prepared for attack.

<<Combat Engaged>>

ID# 50149: [] BD: 6 [] LD: 12 [] MD: 1 []

Sonic Charge: 1x1 AoE - 2 Energy
~= Successful Hit =~
Nepent: [] 5/7 HP [] 3 DMG [] 0 MIT []

~= Mob Miss =~

Snow: [] 12/12 HP [] 1/3 EN [] 1 Hate []
Lawfer: [] 64/64 HP [] 16/16 EN [] 0 Hate []

Edited by Snow

"Your welcome Snow."  Lawfer smiled back at the woman, it was the first time that he had seen her truly happy since their little quest began. AS she stepped forward into the fray first, the golden haired man was surprised. He didn't expect her to take point of the first assault but was happy that she did. It was a turn in the right direction for her. "All yours." He stated, watching the woman plunge into the fray. As her spear erupted and pushed back the monsters he was impressed.

The man knew that she wouldn't finish them with her initial strike, but it would allow him to watch her form. "Good job!" He stated walking forward without any stance. Reaching over his shoulder, he grasped his Lawbreaker's handle and slung the massive halberd over his shoulder. As it fell forward into the ready position, he stared down the four little nepents that had gotten in their way. "Its been a long time since I used this technique." he commented playfully as his halberd began to glow crimson he lunged forward.

[Sonic Charge] engaged as a massive explosion ignited at the tip of his spear, incinerating the 4 nepents in one large blast. As they dissolved into pixels he looked back at the valkyrie. "Great wok! Now its time to find the variant." he commented as he looked around. "It cant be too far, especially since these little ones were around."

<<Combat Engaged>>

ID# 50154: [] BD: 6 [] LD: 16+2 [] MD: 1 []

Sonic Charge: 8x1 AoE - 2 Energy
~= Successful Hit =~
Nepent: [] 0/7 HP [] 3 DMG [] 0 MIT []

~= Mob Miss =~

Snow: [] 12/12 HP [] 1/3 EN [] 0 Hate []
Lawfer: [] 64/64 HP [] 14/16 EN [] 0 Hate []

Edited by Lawfer

<<Out of Combat>>
Snow: [] 12/12 HP [] 2/3 EN []

Right after her blow, Lawfer complimented with one of his own. The team worked in perfect tandem and before the strange little creatures could retaliate, they were dashed to glimmering shards. The threat of combat now gone, Snow planted the pommel of her spear into the soft forest soil. She put some of her weight on it as she looked to her teammate.

"Thanks!" she replied with a smile.

Then, the same brush which produced the first pack of critters began to rustle. Snow snapped her attention to it, and tugged her weapon from the ground.

ID# 50258: [] BD:4 [] MD: 5 []

She was too slow on the draw and two lengthy vines lashed out from the brush. Instinctively, Snow held her spear's haft in front of her for protection. Luckily, both vines slapped the ground beside her with a mighty force. Opening her eyes after not feeling the pain of the blow, Snow witnessed another Nepent emerge. This time, the creature was alone, but atop its head blossomed a massive crimson flower.

"That has to be be the variant!" Snow called out, stating the obvious.

The girl stepped forward and made a lunge. Unlike the lesser Nepents, this one scrambled itself out of the way with a squirm of its strange tentacle legs. Which Snow's spear still extended, the creature raised its vine arms to retaliate.

<<Combat Engaged>>

Basic Attack: -2 Energy (Miss)
~= Miss=~
Nepent Variant: [] 15/15 HP [] 5 DMG [] 2 MIT []

~= Mob Miss =~

Snow: [] 12/12 HP [] 2/3 EN [] 0 Hate []
Lawfer: [] 64/64 HP [] 14/16 EN [] 0 Hate []

Edited by Snow

Carefully observing the enemy, the golden haired spear-man was sure that it was indeed the Variant. The closer atop its head was clear proof. "Good eye." He commented back as he watched Snow the Valkyrie lunge, narrowly missing the elusive monster. As it readied itself to strike back, Lawfer jumped in, ripping his Lawbreaker from its harness and slammed down. The Variant, scurried right in its successful dodge. "Looks like I got a little over eager and missed." He said under his breath, with frustration. The two were not in any danger seeing as how the Variant was quite weak. "Lets refocus and make sure both of us hit it this time partner." The blue eyed man said with his patented wink.

<<Combat Engaged>>
 ID#: 50269 [] BD: 5  [] LD: 9 

~= Miss=~

Snow: [] 12/12 HP [] 2/3 EN [] 0 Hate []
Lawfer: [] 64/64 HP [] 13/16 EN [] 0 Hate []

Edited by Lawfer

Snow nodded to her ally and focus on the Nepent. She carried her small frame within range and swung the weight of her spear at the creature. Again, the elusive thing scurried from damage as Snow's spear found only dirt and leaves. Her body jostled against the haft of the spear from the shock of a dead blow. While not damaging, Snow let out a soft yelp as her own spear smacked against her side.

The Nepent variant took the opportunity to lash out at Snow, but to avoid the damage, the girl let go of her rooted weapon and backstepped. The two vines snapped against the oak of her spear and missed her completely. As a bonus, it loosed it from the soil enough for Snow to pry it free. She readied her weapon and looked to Lawfer for help.

"It's fast, be careful!" she called out. She knew something like this was no match for Lawfer, but felt the need to call out regardless. Who knows when a few HP would decide between life and death?

ID# 50350: [] BD: 4 [] MD: 6[]
+1 SVY Active
+2 EVA Active

~= Miss=~

~= Mob Miss =~

Snow: [] 12/12 HP [] 0/3 EN [] 0 Hate []
Lawfer: [] 64/64 HP [] 13/16 EN [] 0 Hate []

Edited by Snow

(OOC: Dont forget that you recover 1 EN every

Lawfer smiled at the woman's concern, he knew that it would take about 50 of these things to bring him down in his current state, the issue was if he could actually hit the elusive little bugger. He spear was glowing from his Heavy Momentum perk that his armor offered but the additional damage only mattered if he could actually hit the little beast. Tagging in, the spearman flanked to the Variant's right side. As he aligned himself he smiled, he was confident.

Raising the tip of his halberd high, he swung down over zealously at the Nepent. It scurried backwards once again, causing Lawfer to plant the tip of his Lawbreaker into the ground. As he ripped back he looked over to snow. "Hitting these small things is a lot harder than I imagined..." He joked playfully, hiding his resentment for missing. "This thing is really starting to tick me off." He continued as he looked at the flowered nepent. "Ok Snow, Lets make it pay for wasting our time."

<<Combat Engaged>>
 ID#: 50360 [] BD: 4  [] LD:  doesnt matter :(
Basic Attack-Miss- -2EN

Lawfer: [] 64/64 HP [] 12/16 EN [] 0 Hate []

Edited by Lawfer

Snow nodded to Lawfer and moved in for another jab of her spear. She tried to be quick, but the Nepent variant proved far more elusive. Again, its collection of vines for legs shifted it from harm's way while also returning a volley of whiplashes of its own. The young Valkyrie hopped free safely away from the first blow and strode to avoid the second lash. Luckily, the creature could move fast, but its attacks were telegraphed and predictable.

"Why is this thing so fast?" Snow commented. "Switch in, Lawfer. Try to cleave off the <<Ovule>> on the top of its head!"

Snow made way for her partner, hoping his experience would be enough to compensate for the creature's unnatural evasion.

<<Combat Engaged>>
  ID# 50558: [] BD: 4+1SVY [] MD: 2[]
Basic Attack-Miss- -2EN

Lawfer: [] 64/64 HP [] 12/16 EN [] 0 Hate []

Edited by Snow