[PP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> I Can Make My Own Damn Sword (Hataki) [COMPLETE]

"This says I can ask another player or an NPC blacksmith to make a weapon for me.... But I'm not trusting anyone else with my mats." She announced to Hataki peering into her guide book. They were walking through the depression inducing town on the first floor. It wasn't as bad as it was a few hours ago. Just like it had taken Shira a few hours to get over her anguish about being stuck in this game, other people were recovering too. Akira had her brief meltdown after they had wasted so much time and only managed to collect 2 mats each. They had also only gained one level, but considering this was a type of forced binge gaming, Aki had expected better. Not to mention, despite not having played any games like this one before, she knew things were only going to get more difficult. Having no other choice and upon realising that she was only wasting more time, finally, with regained vigour she decided to continue on and beat this game. 

"I'm pretty sure I can make a damn sword myself in this game, if I try hard." Shira added. She walked around determinedly. "Keep a look out for a blacksmithing station..." she ordered, her nose still buried inside the little black book. Politeness had taken a temporarily leave and her intimidation was taking over, she needed this done quickly. Efficient communication was the new way of life. 

When Hataki suggested that they sell the mats they collected that morning and buy some armour, Shira was… unwilling. She couldn’t believe that he suggested giving up the ‘precious’ mats they collected, drudging over the entire morning, to some random NPC or worse – a player. To put it mildly, she had trust issues. One can’t blame her; she is in SAO after all. “But we do need some armour and a better weapon. We can’t just stay in this forever,” he said, pointing at the useless ‘rag’ clothing they were in. And that is what landed him in this alley, looking for an NPC blacksmith. Shira decided she will learn to craft her stuff all by herself.

Hataki did enjoy crafting, but he wasn’t sure if it was a good idea in this game. According to the Guidebook, most good crafting materials are found near groups of difficult mobs; that did not sound good to him. However, Shira was very determined and was going to do it with or without him. With a heavy sigh, he followed her, “At least it’ll be safer with two of us.”

It didn’t take long for him to spot a blacksmith. The first floor market was full of them. It was just a matter of finding the right NPC for Shira and he spotted the perfect one.

While Hataki slowed near some wiry looking guy, she had already raced into a weapon shop. She didn't want just any NPC it made better sense to get a professional to teach her. These guys were making a living out of this right? Upon barging through the door, she was disappointed that it looked empty. "Hello?" she inquired tapping the counter impatiently. A large head popped out from behind a curtain, following it came a large body. Shira was pleased, this guy looked like he knew his business. 

"Hey there! I'm Divon, Its a wonderful day outside isn't it? Oh and would you like to make a purchase?" he said uncharacteristically softly. 

Shira was surprised at the gentleness with which he spoke, not to mention his inclination towards exchanging pleasantries. He looked like the kind of guy who'd mean business. The wall behind him was lined with very intricate looking weapons. "Do you just sell those or do you make them too?" She asked dotting each beautiful sword with a glint of greed. 

"Oh yes, I've made them all!" he said, with a small shine of pride in his eyes. 

"Great! Teach me." Shira demanded. 

By the time Hataki turned around to point out the NPC blacksmith he spotted, Shira had already entered another shop. This girl is too fast. Luckily, he turned around just in time to see which shop she entered or he would have lost her. Jogging to catch up, he entered the small building. Divon looked pleased. “Ah… Another customer. Could you kindly wait while I attend to this young lady here?” he asked, bowing slightly. Hataki was surprised by the politeness from a man of such physique. He then realized it wasn’t right in the first place to judge a man’s character by his body type. “Oh no! I’m with her. She is trying to learn how to craft weapons,” he responded, wondering if the shopkeeper would be disappointed that he is not here to buy anything. But, Divon remained polite. Even if he was disappointed, it didn’t show.

“Yes! She mentioned,” he said, and then turned towards Shira again. “I would be more than happy to help you. First, there is an orientation. Please come in.” Divon then opened the counter and let Shira in. Before he could say whether Hataki is allowed in or not, he followed quickly with a smile. Divon stood there, wondering if he should stop him. But the guy was too nice to say anything.

Had there not been a time crunch, Shira would have been rather excited about learning something new. Especially something that allowed her to craft her own personalized weapon… Even though it was virtual. But there was a time crunch and this burly guy was wasting her time. Here she was thinking he’d be the kind to get down to business. “He wasted more time telling you that’d he’d attend to me first, than he would have if he had really attended to you before me…” she muttered. When Divon decided to declare his pleasure about helping them in a long winded sentence, she lost a bucket load of the patience she was trying so hard to muster.

Hataki and she walked in after him for the orientation hoping that finally he’d get down to it. “So this is my humble workshop…” Divon started with a small smile and that was it. “Hey, hey, hey big guy, we haven’t got all day…” Shira said, annoyance knitting her eyebrows closer together. Did she really have to hear some story about his workshop now? His smile faltered and he looked at the pair of them with sad puppy dog eyes. Oh my god! Is this for real? Shira thought. “Oh fine… all right, what were you going to say?”

Edited by Shira
  • 2 weeks later...

Hataki was rather impressed with Divon’s workshop. It was small, but filled. That explains the almost empty shop. He could see several different metal ingots stocked and racks and racks of weapons and armour. But Shira didn’t seem to have the time to take in the beauty. She was very impatient with Divon’s formalities. Hataki felt bad when the NPC blacksmith’s face fell and was about to ask Shira to calm down and let him continue. Luckily, he didn’t have to do it; Shira realized that herself. Divon was ecstatic when he was allowed to speak again as he wished. It was like watching a child. His eyes glowed and the large man almost jumped in excitement as he began explaining how blacksmithing worked in SAO.

“We have been doing this for generations; my father, grandfather, great grandfa-” Divon began, but stopped when Hataki stood behind Shira, shook his head vigorously. “Yes… I’ll get to the point. Blacksmithing has been our family business. But, unfortunately, neither of my two sons want to take up the profession. They are more interested in hunting and performing. I did not want to force them into this, so, I let them do whatever they wanted. However, my ancestral genes won’t forgive me if I don’t pass on my skills to another. I’m glad I found someone to-” Hataki interrupted, hoping to end this speech and get on to the task before Shira loses it again. “We are very glad too. I’m curious… How did you come up with so many different types of metal ingots? All I found in the neighbourhood was good old iron ore.” Hopefully, this will direct him towards the basics of blacksmithing.

"Ah yes! There are different type of Metals, there is Iron, and then silver, and Platinum etc, but you won't find anything except Iron from this floor to about floor five" Divon answered Hataki's question. Shira was glad he had a more polite way of turning this dismal conversation around. This was the only part Shira paid any real attention to, the large man's sob story about his sons paled in comparison to them being stuck in this infernal game. "The better the ore, the better the sword of course, which makes sense, because the higher up you are, the better your weapon needs to be... There are some scary sca-" He shuddered and stopped midway, nervously assuming a cheery disposition again, "Well, I don't think you should go there, just plain Iron ore would be great for you at the moment..." he finished. Shira raised her eyebrows in suspicion and resisted the urge to slap her forehead with her palm. So this guy was a coward? She couldn't see why such a well built man would be so scared of puny monsters, he was just an NPC after all, he didn't need to actually fear for is life.

"So, I have 2 iron ore things, how about we make something out of them?" Shira said, quickly swiping down to her inventory and extracting the material. "Oh no! I wouldn't recommend trying to make anything with just two, it might be a complete waste, at least have about 5-6 materials to start with, because not everything works out the way you'd like and its more time consuming to go for a couple of materials over and over again..." Great, so this was a complete waste of time. "Fine. We tried fining materials, but weren't too lucky, could you tell us where we'd have a better chance of finding them?" Shira asked. 

He whipped out, what looked like a map of the first floor and pointed a few locations on it. "Those areas are rich in Mat spawns." he said cheerfully. Then he looked at them and his expression turned a little dark and foreboding. "They are guarded though, you could find yourself with an army of boars at your hands... So be careful."  He added. Shira looked at Hataki with a determined expression, so finally they would get to fight something real. Well as real as it could be anyways and Hataki couldn't say no. "So are you going to be coming with us?" Shira asked. "Oh no no! I'm going to stay here, I mean I would love to help you wonderful people, but you know my sons don't help with the shop, I have to stay he-" before he could finish, Akira cut him off sharply. "Fine, we'll see you after then.

"Hopefully" Divon muttered, rather hopelessly. But Shira didn't let that get her down and quickly made her way out of the shop and towards the exit of the town again. 

Edited by Shira

Hataki was disappointed to learn that the material they collected weren’t enough. He sulked and dragged himself out of the shop, trying to catch up with Shira. They may have gotten to Level 2, but fighting a sounder of boars still sounded dangerous to him. In any case, he was given no option. Shira seemed determined and he wouldn’t let her go through this alone, even if it kills him.

When Divon had pointed out the material spawn locations in his map, Hataki opened his map to mark the same. However, he found out that he couldn’t see anything on the map except for the major towns, the route to them. But he noticed that the small border around the Town of Beginnings, which they had explored earlier showed up in his map in a much detailed manner. Oh! So, my map only shows regions that I have visited. That sucks! He quickly opened the Guidebook and read about Map Data. “Oh well… Apparently, for a good detailed map, we either need to explore ourselves or buy map data from someone who has it.” With a heavy sigh, he put the Guidebook back into his inventory. For a minute, he wasn’t sure what they were going to do now. But, it struck him then. He remembered that some NPCs, who could also be quest-givers, were programmed to help you if you asked them. Hataki ran back into Divon’s shop and smiled broadly at him. “Umm… I was wondering if you could lend your map so that we could go collect those materials. You see… We don’t have a clear path to those locations; our map data is incomplete.” Divon stood there for a moment, contemplating, and then smiled back. “Of course!” He dug into his pocket and pulled out the map. “There! Please be safe.” Hataki thanked him and took the map. He walked out of the shop and grinned at Shira, dangling the map in front of her. “Ta-da! Now, we can go to these places, taking the safest routes.”

She looked at the map in earnest and briskly made her way to the nearest spot, she lead and assumed Hataki would follow. It felt good doing something about this stupid circumstance she'd got herself into. They followed the map closely and finally reached one of those 'material rich spots.' Shira noticed no mobs so far and began scanning the area for the slight shiny aura that she'd noticed around the materials. The air around them felt crisp and clean, the weather was still beautiful. Town of beginnings was now a speck in the distance, they'd ventured quite deep into the Grasslands. "See, this is what we should have done in the first place. I thought we'd need to go deeper..." she announced. The warm sunlight took away the depression that had clouded her earlier. But the afternoon sun didn't sting as much as it would have if this wasn't virtual. 

Not sure if it was the light giving a shimmery appearance to the rock she saw, or if was a mat, she slowly made her way towards it, heeding Divon's warning and readying herself if a mob suddenly appeared... Nothing did, but she did find herself a mat. 

"Looks like I might be getting lucky again." She smiled. 

Spoiler

ID: #50572 | Battle: 01 | Craft: 6 | Loot: 17 | MOB: 5 |

+1 Mat

Edited by Shira

After Hataki gave the map to Shira, he just followed her without questions. He believe she was a better navigator than he was; besides, the girl was extremely lucky. Maybe she would find mats without encountering any mobs. And just as he suspected, she found one. No mobs in the vicinity, and material rich. How does he know the place is material rich? Because he spotted one almost immediately after she found hers. “Here! There is another one.” He picked it up, examining it closely and grinning widely. “You sure are a lucky gamer. And I’m getting lucky too, thanks to you,” he said, winking before putting the material in his inventory.

“Again, I suspect other players cleared out the mobs and left without collecting the mats. Let’s see if we can salvage more in this area before the boars respawn.” Hataki walked further down, keeping a close look for the shiny mats.

Spoiler

ID: #50574 | Battle: 2 | Craft: 6 | Loot: 20 | MOB: 5

Edited by Hataki

He showed her the mat he'd just found, she tried hard to not look at it greedily. Would it be ok if she just asked him for his materials? Once she learned how to make the weapon, she could probably forge them both one... But she suspected he too would want to learn some sort of crafting and would need the mats too. He was being really nice to her, it wasn't really changing anything but his words were some solace. If only she really was this lucky. Her gaze rolled over the green expanse absently. "I don't know... I don't think I'm all that lucky, and I definitely don't think I can pass on the luck if I was..." she shook her head and looked down at her feet. "Besides, is it bad that I'm rooting for the possibility of having to fight at least 1 mob? I mean we are two of us, I'm sure we can manage... I really want to use my sword..." She said. 

"Its the only thing that'll probably keep me sane right now" She added with a sigh. 

She was hungry again and wondered if this was real or virtual hunger, since she couldn't do anything if it was real, she just prayed the people outside the game would find some way of satiating her. In game though, she whipped out another piece of bread from her inventory and started nibbling on it while she kept an eye out for mats. 

"There!" She pointed in the direction of that soft shimmer and dashed towards it. "Yup! here it is." Upon touching it it disappeared like always and she noticed the x4 mats in her inventory. 

Spoiler

ID: #50575: | Battle: 07 | Craft: 09 | Loot: 18 | MOB: 09 |

+1 Mat

Edited by Shira

Hataki was perplexed at her notion of getting better after fighting a monster. How could someone feel better after fighting something that could potentially kill them? He didn’t voice his question though. Just praying that they encounter no mobs, he walked with her, looking for more mats. The young man didn’t feel hungry until after he saw her nibbling on her bread. Wondering what good the digital bread will do, he fished it out of his inventory and took a bite. One bite is all it took for him to realize how hungry he was. He finished three more slices in no time; not that it would help his actual body, but at least it helped his mind.

While he was too busy eating, Shira had managed to find another material. “And you tell me you aren’t lucky.” Hataki was truly happy for her. He knew the quicker she levels up all her skills, the better the chances are against this death game.

Walking around looking for mats grew boring eventually. Hataki got lazy; once he thought he saw something shiny, but discarded it as the Sun’s reflection on a dew drop atop a grass. Maybe it was that, or maybe it was a material. He will never know, as he walked right past it, whistling his favourite tune.

Spoiler

ID: #50591 | Battle: 5 | Craft: 6 | Loot: 6 | MOB: 9

Edited by Hataki

Hataki was whistling, for a moment she paused to look at his sunkissed face. He was a charming guy, but not overly so. She had to admit, if by some misfortune she had gotten into this game all by herself, she would be in a much worst state than she was with him. Hataki had a way of lightening things around him, much in contrast to her. While he wasn't looking, Shira smiled at him. He too was stuck just like her... 

It was odd how her brain considered compassion with a strange duality. While training, she shut out any morsel of compassion, it was about beating the other guy, if she started worrying about his feelings if he lost, she'd be the one losing... Compassion was a weakness in competitions. While on the other hand, medicine and health care aroused a large degree of compassion in her. Helping others heal would be a wonderful thing. 

There was so much beauty around her and a vast sense of peace that one never truly found in the city. The pair was isolated, which was understandable. The population of SAO was just 10000 and mostly concentrated to the Town of Beginnings. Her trail of thoughts came to an abrupt end as a shimmer behind Hataki distracted her.... Could it be? Upon closer inspection, it wasn't really the same kind of shimmer. Shira didn't bother exploring it and went about eating her bread. The silence was comfortable, but Shira still yearned to know more about Haru. 

"Hey Hataki, apart from gaming and tend to your shack, what do you like to do usually?

Spoiler

ID: #50613 | Battle: 1 | Craft: 12 | Loot: 6 | MOB: 4 |

Edited by Shira

The sudden personal question threw him off. He was tempted to think she was interested in him, but he didn’t want to make any embarrassing assumptions. ‘She just asked what you do usually. Geez! Calm down,’ a voice in his head echoed. He assumed it was a genuine friendly question and went on to answer. “Well… I listen to music. Contrary to popular belief, I enjoy classical and country music more than rock and metal. I just play those songs in the bar to keep the party alive. Classical music doesn’t go very well in a pub full of drunk gamers. Haha… And…” For a moment, he thought if he really wanted to reveal his small personal secret to her. Deciding against it, he just shook his head, “And nothing else. That’s about it. What about you?” he asked, quickly shifting the topic to her.

Hataki was very interested to know about her, and he made sure she knew that. He turned on his heel, put his hands in his pockets and started walking backwards while keeping constant eye contact with her. They were now walking further into the forest and the shadows of the leaves and branches danced on her face. He smiled involuntarily in admiration. Suddenly, being stuck in this game didn’t feel all that concerning. Unfortunately, that feeling didn’t last long, as he tripped over something while walking backwards. He reached out to grab onto Shira’s hands, but she was mere inches away from his reach. He toppled and fell on his back.

The situation was very puzzling to Hataki because whatever he tripped on was no longer there. Instead, he heard an angry roar behind him. He quickly turned around to find a <Frenzied Boar>, preparing to launch itself on him. “Uh-oh!” His hands automatically reached for the only defence he had, his Basic Two-Handed Sword sheathed on his back. By the time he had a good grip on it, the Boar was already on its way towards him. Having no other option, he decided to use his sword as a shield. He planted the sword on the ground firmly to his side and used it as a pivot to roll out of the Boar’s way. The Frenzied Boar, having already set its course, could not stop itself. Its momentum carried it straight towards where he was and it zoomed past without even scratching him. Luckily, Hataki managed to dodge the Boar's first attack. But, he wasn't sure if he can do the same the next time, because, the sword he planted on the ground was stuck there and wouldn't come off. He stood there, pulling at it, while the Boar readied itself for another attack.

Spoiler

ID: #50717 | Battle: 9 | Craft: 5 | Loot: 6 | MOB: 3

<Frenzied Boar> | HP: 4/4 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 0 | Miss!

Hataki | HP: 8/8 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 0 [Hate: 0]

Shira | HP: 8/8 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 0 [Hate: 0]

Edited by Hataki

And? The usual arch of Shira's eyebrow climbed higher. It was the deeper stuff she wanted to know. She felt the urge to prompt him, but didn't really have a chance, when he turned the question on her. Aki took a second to compose her answer, there were so many things she liked doing. Shira had a small passion for classical music as well, having briefly dabbled in the art of playing the Violin, she obviously had her Kenjutsu... Her eyes locked with Hataki's it felt great to see that Hataki was showing some genuine interest in this conversation and not shirking away from it, although it still irked her that he only answered the question partially. 

"Oh YES!" Shira responded to his "uh-oh"she considered vaulting her way over him and slashing the boar straight in his gut, but the virtual animal was faster than she thought. Hataki's thinking was very quick, he used the Boar's own movement to fool it into literally walking into the sword. Lightening quick Shira had her sword out too. Hataki used a clever technique to dodge the boar. He definitely had some gamer skills worth admiring. The boar was still a threat however, she saw its green bar flash at her. Well, she had double the health that he did... The odds were already in her favor. 

Before Hataki even had his sword out of the ground, Shira was ready. As the boar gathered its wits about itself, she decided to exploit that moment of hesitation while the boar decided on what to do next. Shame to attack now, but Shira was hungry for some action. She had unsheathed her sword at lightening speed and put all her strength into the swing. As the sword slashed through the beast, she felt less resistance than she had expected... And less bloodshed. Thank god for that, Shira knew there were children in this game. Much to her surprise, the beast erupted into blue shards... straight away. 

"Huh, well that was short, so much for its difficulty." She smirked. Shira remained completely unfettered. The fight was too short for her to even feel better about it. She rested her hand on Hataki's shoulder and went on to answer his question vaguely, more interested in reeling out his And... "I do a lot of things, read, write... Kenjutsu, violin, dance, even sing a little bit.... But... You didn't finish, what were you going to say?" she looked at him with her piercing dark eyes. Shira wasn't even sure what that look was, it was demanding but not intimidating, her mom called it penetrating. 

Spoiler

#ID: 50739 | Battle: 10 | Craft: 12 | Loot: 17 | MOB: 7 |
Shira: | HP: 08/08 | Dmg: 2 | MIT: 0 | Double Crit! (Dmg +2) 
<Frenzied Boar> | HP: 0/4 | Dmg: 3 | MIT: 0 | Dead. 

Loot: Good item (To be decided later) 

Edited by Shira

It didn’t take Hataki long to pull the sword out of the ground. But, it clearly was long enough for Shira, because she had already killed the boar. She was like the wind. One second, she was next to him, and the other, in front of the boar, slashing at it. Hataki stood there, dumbfounded. “One hit?! Really? You killed it with one hit?! What? Your crit chance is already 100% or what?” He grinned, shook his head in disbelief and sheathed his sword.

When Shira mentioned 'Kenjutsu' among her hobbies, he just snorted. “Of course! I just got a sample of that back there.” They were walking aimlessly now. It didn’t seem like neither of them were looking for materials anymore; at least Hataki didn’t.

Hataki was determined to not say anything when Shira urged him to reveal what he didn’t before. But when he saw her looking at him, he just couldn’t help it. He looked away and resigned with a heavy sigh. “I build model rockets. I’m not very good at it. I try to learn from the internet and keep my projects a secret so that people don’t laugh at me.” He spoke very quickly just to get it over it. “There! I said it.” In an attempt to hide his embarrassment, he ran around looking for materials. Unfortunately for him, there were nothing in their vicinity and it just made him look like an idiot running around aimlessly.

Spoiler

ID: 50760 | Battle: 9 | Craft: 8 | Loot: 2 | MOB: 7

Edited by Hataki

Shira ignored his veiled praise with a wave of her had. The aggression from her stance had already disappeared and she had a pleasant smile on her face. was surprised. When he mentioned he liked to build model rockets, Akira was surprised. Wow. "That is actually pretty cool Haru!" For an instance she forgot they were in a game, for a moment this felt like a normal conversation, between two people. So she did what came naturally to her, she referred to him as the others had in the Gaming Shack. "Will you give me one?" She asked, still cloaked in the moment, forgetting that they were stuck here for a while. She tried to follow Hataki's embarrassed gaze and recalled where they actually were and shook her head. "When we get out of here I mean... Hataki" She corrected her error.  

"If you really like doing it, don't you want to be a part of building a real rocket someday?" she asked, without looking into his eyes, because she wondered if she had overstepped. Just under her feet she noticed the similar shimmering hue of the mats. "Ah there.... Another one." She swiftly touched it to make it hers. Hoping Hataki didn't find himself in a predicament and forced to answer, she added, "I think that should be enough for that Divon guy, let's head back." 

Spoiler

ID# 50826: | Battle: 4 | Craft: 2 | Loot: 19 | MOB: 4 |

+1 Mat

Edited by Shira

Hataki laughed when Shira called his failed hobby cool. “You wouldn’t say that had you witnessed my last launch. Lucky I live near the beach. No evidence!” When Shira asked if he would give her one, he looked puzzled for a moment and then realized she had forgotten that they were stuck in a game. He was actually happy with this because, this confirmed he wasn’t the only one feeling comfortable. However, he still wasn’t comfortable with the current topic, so, he was glad when Shira found a material right under her feet and decided to head back into town.

Their walk back into the town was eventless. It was a quiet walk, but not an awkward, uncomfortable one. Despite hating the game for obvious reasons, Hataki couldn’t help but admire the realistic nature of it. In a few minutes they were inside Divon’s shop again. The burly man was mostly pleased to see them again, but was also surprised. “We got the materials! Thank you for the map,” Hataki said, handing the map back to him. “Welcome back! I’m glad you guys made it back safely. Now… Come on in. Let’s get to the interesting part.” Divon cheerily opened the door into his workshop and urged both of them to get in. Hataki took a step to the side and made way for Shira to enter first. “You first!”

Chivalry. Hmm. Shira wasn't used to that, the guys she was friends with, treated her as one of their own, there was no bad discrimination and no good gender privileges. She nodded sweetly and entered behind Divon. "You'll be surprised," The man said grinning widely. "At how easy this is!" He crept up behind some shelves, in a rather soft-footed for a man of his stature. "So you take the mat, find a blacksmithing station like this..." he pointed to his own grand looking station, strewn with rarer metals and some newly minted weapons like daggers and one handed swords. "Then you forge like this..." he said, bringing his forging hammer down on the material. "And if you're lucky a weapon will appear." Divon finished. He made a simple iron dagger for demonstration. Shira frowned. That's it. "If you want you can keep the dagger..." Divon offered. 

"Oh no, Thank you. I want my curved sword and I'm determined to make it myself. Let me try.

Nothing showed up and the material vanished. Shira felt rather upset. "Oh no need to worry dear, you can try again, this is why I said that just mats won't be enough for someone who is just starting out..." Divon added. Rubbing Shira the wrong way. "You aren't letting me concentrate." Shira snapped at the NPC

Spoiler

ID# 50840 results: | Battle: 6 | Craft: 2 | Loot: 18 | MOB: 8 |

Mat: -1

Edited by Shira

Hataki wondered if he should chip and ask her to take the dagger poor Divon was offering. It didn't take him long to decide against it, as he saw a brief flash of her temper. Oh...kay... Should not disturb her, must stand quietly in a corner. And so he did, he resumed to the edge of the room, wondering if it was safe to let Shira carry around that forging hammer. He turned towards Divon and shook his head sympathetically. He mouthed the words, "Don't mind her. She isn't used to bad luck." Divon seemed to understand and relaxed a bit. Further, to ease the tension, he said, "Don't worry about the mats Shira. If you run out, you can use mine. We'll get this done today."