[PP-F3] Minotaur Wrangling <<Search For Hoya>> (Ethereal, Icarus)

Having spent much time on Floor 3 before, Lawfer looked around and admired the beautiful female elven NPC’s. He would be lying to himself if he told himself that they didn’t catch his fancy, but alas, they were allp just programs. Letting out a slight sigh, Lawfer opened his interface. He had previously attempted the <<Search for Hoya>> quest sometime back but for reasons he was not able to obtain the prize. At the time he hadn’t wanted the pendant, but now he was eager to finish the quest in an attempt to hold onto the prized possession, that and the SP. Looking through his contacts, he found his new guild member/team member Ethereal. Lawfer didn’t know his background, but he knew that the man was strong. And would be able to easily fell the two minotaurs that protected the Pendant. Opening up the messenger tab, he began typing.

‘Hey Ethereal, it’s Lawfer. Was wondering if you could head down to Delilah Village and help e out with a quest. I want to drop both of the minotaurs but with my current DPS, it will be a tad difficult. Mind helping me out?’

As he hit send, he closed his interface and looked around when he noticed another player venturing around Delilah village. The man was clad in armor, and had dark hair. Lawfer had not met the man before, but Lawfer could tell that he was able. Walking over to the man, the blonde haired spear bearer raised his hand and waived. “Hey Mr. Two-Handed Swordsman! You wanna run Hoya? I have another comrade coming but the more the merrier!” Lawfer finished as he reached out with his right hand. “I’m Lawfer, of the Knights of The Blood Oath. Good to meet you!”

Inside of a humble shop on Floor 8, an alchemist had just finished brewing the highest level of Overhealth one could make in the game at this point. Gazing at the swirling mixture for a second, he would smile and decant the substance into a bottle. Placing it high on a shelf in his store, he would label it with "For the boss fight" and step back. A moment later, a small notification appears on the man's HUD. "Who would that be..?" he thinks to himself as he opens his inbox. It would read:

‘Hey Ethereal, it’s Lawfer. Was wondering if you could head down to Delilah Village and help e out with a quest. I want to drop both of the minotaurs but with my current DPS, it will be a tad difficult. Mind helping me out?’

"Lawfer, eh? Hmm. Right - he's one of the Blades. Sounds like he needs a little assistance." The swordsman would glance around, noting that his work was pretty much done for the day. Clearing everything up, he would grab and shrug on his Strike Force cloak and make his way to the center of town in commoner's gear. A few minutes later he steps into the transportation portal and disappears in bright, piercing light.

Delilah Village was pleasant as all the towns in Aincrad seemed to be.  Icarus had no real purpose for being on the Third Floor this morning but that didn't stop purpose from finding him.  As he was venturing through the town, he heard an unfamiliar voice calling out in his direction: "Hey Mr. Two-Handed Swordsman!"  The blue haired man stopped and surveyed the area around him for any other players who might have fit a description similar to him and when he found no one else, he turned to focus his green gaze upon the one yelling at him; the spear-wielder was already waving at him.

Icarus walked toward the man as he approached and together, they closed the distance separating them in moments.  Immediately, after the man introduced himself, he shoved his own arm out to cordially accept the handshake prompting him.  His grip was firm and lasting.  After a moment, he released Lawfer's hand and offered a light smile instead. "Hoya?  That's an invitation I won't pass up.  My name is Icarus.  I've met other members belonging to the Knights of the Blood Oath - you guys are a real respectable outfit, it'd be a pleasure to accompany you on this quest."

“Good to hear!” The blue eyed spearman responded. “Its good to meet you Icarus, I’ve personally tried for Hoya before but my party had to return before we were able to complete it, so I’m itching for a rematch. I have some more firepower coming so we should be able to get through it with little trouble.” Lawfer finished as he raised his right hand and created party, inviting his new comrade. “We just need to go find him. “Have you met, Ethereal before?” He asked as he pulled up his interface to the map to check for a character ping. “Looks like he’s here.” Lawfer stated as he motioned for Icarus to follow.

The two made their way to the center of town, when Lawfer spotted the veteran warrior. “Yo Ethereal over here.” The golden haired man yelled as he tried to draw the attention of his comrade. As they closed distance on each other, Lawfer raised his right hand to shake Ethereal’s hand. “Thanks again for helping me out. I’m only a few DMG away from being able to one shot both of the Minotaurs but… I would waste all my energy.” Looking over to Icarus, Lawfer felt rude for not introducing him. “I don’t know if you guys know Each other, but this is Icarus, He’s going to be joining us today. I figure if we can wrap this up quicker this way.” Lawfer then paused for the introduction.

Ethereal looks around hastily as he heard the sound of his name being called out. His eyes would catch of a golden haired warrior alongside a crimson armored man. Making his way over in his commoners' clothes, he accepts Lawfer's greeting warmly. "Good to see you my friend. Glad I can help you out." The swordsman then smiles to Icarus - "You're that guy who was asking if I needed help in that field a few days ago? Y'know, the one with the boars? Either way, pleasure to meet you." Clapping his hands together, he looks around the place. "Well then, which way is it to the fabled Hoya? I've heard it's in a pretty obscure location but then again I am a little out of the loop."

A look of realization appeared on Icarus' face as the one introduced to him was none other than the Boar Whisperer he had seen in the grasslands no more than a few days earlier.  His gentle, friendly smile still remained on the features of his face as he nodded greetings toward the player known as Ethereal.  "Yeah.  It was a peculiar sight and given that we were on the First Floor, I didn't know if it was a new adventurer who had bitten off more than he could chew or - I guess, a high level player farming materials.  It's a pleasure to meet you, as well, Ethereal."

"I've only recently started adventuring but given what I've heard about Hoya, I should be able to hold my own.  I don't know a great deal about the mechanics of combat with the exception of swinging my sword and the basic Sword Arts, so I hope you don't have any issues with taking the lead, Lawfer.  Either way, I'm prepared to head out whenever you two gentlemen are.  I don't have much so I travel light."

Lawfer smiled, it seemed that this quest would go off without a hitch compared to the last time he ran <<Hoya>>. “Ok now that we have made introductions. Let’s go wrangle up some minotaurs.” Lawfer stated with a slight chuckle as he motioned for the party to move forward. “After we head out from Delilah Village we make a straight shot for the Forest of Wavering Mist’s. Once there it will get a little confusing in the maze but since we are adequately equipped we should be able to crush anything there.” He commented, as the party began their departure for the edge of the village and out of the safe zone.

As they stepped foot outside, the group found themselves in a field of dandelions. The flowers had brought back many memories for Lawfer, he had spent more than an adequate amount of time just lounging around in the field. It was soothing to him, watching the petals of the dandelions dance around in the sky. “Until we reach the forest, everyone is free to hunt how they see fit. I’ll personally be looking out for mats but if you see a monster you want to take down feel free.” Lawfer stated as he looked back to the two capable swordsmen.

Surveying the area, the golden haired speaman saw nothing of use, "Guess I'll be luckier next time." he stated to himself as he pressed onwards towards the forest.

Material Gathering
ID: 49652  LD: 6+2= Fail

Edited by Lawfer

Ethereal moves with Lawfer, scouring the surrounding ground for materials as they make their way towards the forest. Restarting an alchemy business in the monopoly of a market it had turned into was a chore and therefore needed time and mats to work. Spotting something resembling a rare plant, the swordsman crouches down and brushes aside the grass covering the object. After a cursory glance, Eth determined it to be of no use within the scope of alchemy and stands quickly, catching up to the group.

ID: #50221

Loot: 13 (+1 = 14)

Edited by Ethereal

OOC: Sorry for the incredible delay, work has been brutal.

The field of dandelions was as vast as it was colorful.  Yellow reigned as far as the eye could see and while it may not have been Icarus' favorite color, it was beautiful none the less.  While his other comrades went to work searching for materials for their profession, the tall, blue haired pacifist was content with simply brushing his armored glove across the tops of the stretched out flowers.  He knew a time for fighting would come but until then, relaxing and enjoying the scenery was enough to keep him sustained.

"I don't know much about this Hoya quest.  I don't suppose one of you could fill me in on what I should expect?"

(OOC: No worries! I know the feeling. Also Feel free to explore a bit, im not fond of pushing the pace of other players. I figure after two more posts each ill spawn the Minotaurs in the maze.)

Looking back his his companions, Lawfer had thought about the last time he attempted the quest. "That's a good question Ic. I hope you don't mind me calling you Ic, one syllable is just easier than three. Right, Eth?" He said with a slight chuckle as felt the small flower crushing beneath his feet as they moved closer to the Forest of Wandering Mist. "Hoya is a quest where we need to traverse the Forest's Labyrinth to find its center, at the center there is the amulet of Hoya. If it were that easy it wouldn't be any fun. But, there is a Minotaur guarding both of the entrances to the center of the Maze. They are both decently strong, but with a potion or two i can one shot them. We can fight one or the other, but I kinda really want to fight both because... Well why not? Right? I just needed some backup just in case I miss." Pausing for a moment, to clear his throat, he continued on. "Ethereal is even stronger than me so there shouldn't be an issue plus, judging by the look of your armor, you probably have more mitigation than me." The blue eyed man stated as he looked forward at the encroaching tree line. "Ok guys, lets get this thing going and wrangle us some Minotaurs!"

Ethereal chucked at the quip, "Damn straight Law. One is better than some, heh." He brushed past a few of the trees that were cropping up here and there as they came closer and closer to the forest. The huge collection of trees sprawled out before them, the canopy of layers and layers of dark leaves cast an almost pitch black shadow inside of the forest, speckles of light piercing through here and there. "I may be a little stronger but don't expect me to do all the heavy lifting - I'm just here to help." the emerald-eyed swordsman smirks as the group finally come to the treeline, stopping just before it. "Well, uh, we all set then? I've been here once before but it was a loooooong time ago. Honestly, I can't remember the route through the maze at all."

His head shook faintly in response to Lawfer's nickname inquiry.  Icarus already had a name he was used to being called by the orphans on Floor One.  Whatever it was Lawfer wanted to call the blue-haired fighter, he was sure it wasn't anything worse than Icky.  "I should be able to provide some assistance.  I'm fairly new to adventuring but depending on the Minotaur's stats, I don't think hitting them will be a problem."  Icarus nodded to affirm his statement.

As the trio of them came to the border of the forest, the tall swordsman gave pause for only a moment before responding to Ethereal.  "I'm as ready as I'll ever be.  I, also, do not know the way, so Lawfer, if you would be so kind, could you be our guiding star?"

Looking back at Eth, he chuckled, "Glad we are both on the same page with short names..." Raising his right hand he tapped his head three times gesturing that the tow of them were on the same wave length. Turning his attention back to Icarus, he nodded. "Your in good hands, the Minotaurs are strong for this floor, but nothing that we shouldn't be able to mitigate. Besides... judging by the look of your armor, you have more mitigation than me. So it will feel like a tickle." Clapping his hands together he turned his attention back to the treeline.

"This guiding light can get us there, just make sure you stick close, the Forest of Wavering Mist tends to play tricks with your head." the golden haired man stated as he pressed on into the forest. Looking around, the spearman, thought back to all the other times he ventured into the forest. He had spent countless hours in the forest before and became accustomed to the shifting fog. At this point, nothing could make him forget the most direct route. Looking down he could see nothing that he would be able to salvage. "Oh and Ic... Lighten up a bit. You dont need to be so formal." Lawfer commented with a slight chuckle.

<Material Gathering>
ID: 51308  LD: 6+2=8 Fail

Edited by Lawfer
  • 2 weeks later...

The Mist begn to thicken as the trio made their way through the maze. Lawfer recalled the path perfectly in his mind, there werent going to be any surprises that laid in wait. The dragoon made sure that there would be nothing to stand in his way of completing the quest. "Eth, Ic... MAke sure you stay close enough not to get lost." He commented as he tripped over a loose object in the ground. Bending down, he reached out with his right hand and gathered the green glowing crystal. "Well this will work." He murmured to himself as he placed the material in his inventory. "Alright guys, it should only be a little longer until we reach the minotaurs. Make sure you are prepared."

<Material Gathering>
ID: 52963  LD: 16+2=18 +1 MAt

Edited by Lawfer
  • 2 weeks later...

As the spearman turned, he noticed that his party had all but disappeared. "What the hell happened?" He asked as he looked around. As he raised his right hand, he checked his messages. He had received one from both of his partners. "Looks like they got lost and decided to turn back." Lawfer stated coldly, this had happened to him before and he absolutely hated missing out on trying to finish off the Minotaurs. "Looks like I will just have to press on without them." He stated as he removed the pair from his party. "Going solo is more my thing anyways." He said once more as he grasped his halberd in his right hand, ready to sling it out in a moments notice.

Lowering his level, Lawfer pushed off his back foot, and began sprinting through the maze. He knew the exact turns to make when he needed to. Taking a right then a left, followed by another left. He found himself just outside the dangerous territory of the minotaur. "Let's see... I dont want just you big guy." He stated as he looked past the first hulking beast to the other. "Should I just charge straight past or should I draw him closer?" He asked himself as he tried to size up the monsters movements. They  were slow enough that he would be able to move past them and rally the others aggro before being assaulted. "Well then.... Lets just see how this plays out."

Lowering his stance once more, the golden haired dragoon took a deep breath in. AS he began to breath out, he started running towards the Minotaur that guarded one of the entrances to the middle of the maze. As he entered its aggro field, he continued to push forward. As it pulled back it's over-sized axe, the spearbearer dodged left, and continued to run past it, before it was able to finish its swing. As it violently turned, Lawfer spotted the other Minotaur close in on his position. Skidding to a stop, Lawfer pulled back his Lawbreaker, and began to charge his <<Trip Expand>>.

As his halberd turned crimson, he stepped forward with his lead foot, and swung as hard as he could. The swing carried him in multiple turns and slashed the two Minotaur's to ribbons. As they screeched in pain, they exploded into pixels then evaporated into the air. "Well... I guess i didnt need help after all." He commented with a smirk. "Now to find the amulet." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 92/92
Lawfer EN: 23/23
Sword Art Used: <<Trip Expand>> -12EP, 8*6=48DMG

Minotaur: 0/45  20DMG
Minotaur: 0/45  20DMG

ID: 55464
BD: 8
MD: Dead
LD: 18 +2 Mats

Edited by Lawfer

Looking around as the pixels from the two minotaurs evaporated, the golden haired Dragoon began walking towards the large foreboding tomb that eerie screams resonated out from. "Well that definitely seems like the place." Lawfer stated as he shortened his stride as he made his way up the stairs to the crypt. Raising his right hand, he pressed ardently on the door, as it creaked open a distinct smirk made its way to the spear-bearers lips. "What do we have here?" He asked himself as he reached out to the corroding body of the man once known as Hoya. A brilliant tear drop shaped sapphire embedded into a platinum chain, rested around the corpses neck. Grasping it delicately, he removed it from around the neck and smiled. "This should make for a nice gift."

"Time to get the heck out of here and get a drink with Raise.." Lawfer stated with a sense of pride. The spear man had wanted to finish this quest for quite sometime now and he finally achieved it, the quest that had eluded him for so long. Grasping the pendant in his palm, he released it slightly and grabbed it by the chain. "Wonder who I should give it to?" he asked himself, with a bit of uncertainty. "Thats besides the point... Need to get out of here before the minotaur's respawn. Placing the item in his inventory, he rushed out of center of the forest and began his tedious journey back to Delilah. "Maybe i'll chat up those female elven NPC's."