[PP-F2] Tears In The Dark <<Let There Be Light>> (Macradon)

Well, today was another quest day. It was time Vayrin rolled up her sleeves, and get some serious progress done. She materialized on the teleportation podium in the large town of Urbus on the second floor. Her face was determined, and she began walking to her shop. Hopefully her new companion had gotten her message, and would meet her there. It wasn't very long ago since Vayrin had met someone on the 3rd floor, who had offered his help when Vayrin needed it. She had reviewed the quest stats, and she knew she could have done it on her own, although it would take a while. Time she wasn't willing to spend on a single quest.

Macradon sighed as he stood in front of Vayrin's shop, awaiting for her to appear. He had read the message earlier and was waiting for Vayrin to arrive. She was in need of some help for a quest, one Macradon would do with ease without breaking a sweat, but if she really wanted help from someone like Mac, there would be a reasonable reason for it to be. Macradon was in no way qualified for being the one to help in this quest, because he got lost the first time he did it. As he was leaning up against the shop walls the purple girl would come into sight. Even though it was a thin slit in his helmet that gave him vision, Macradon would still be able to spot the purple among everything else. Clad in his uniform, Macradon wasn't that difficult to spot either.

As her shop came into view, she saw a familiar figure standing beside it. The player had been clad in his white armor, one she could only assume was guild wear, due to the intricate markings it seemed to possess. She smiled slightly, knowing this was the person she had been expecting. Vayrin walked over and greeted him. "Hey Macradon. Glad you could come out and help." She said. It was true she didn't actually need his help, but she wanted it due to the speed of quest completion. After all, he seemed friendly enough, so she was sure his presence wasn't going to annoy her.  "I assume you've already done this one?" She asked, knowing he probably had. Judging by his level, he must've had experience where she didn't.

There she were, the one he would go out and quest with, Vayrin. He would quickly scout the environment and see that no one else was around. He would sigh lightly as he would open up his menu and take off his helmet so he had a view of everything around him, he wouldn't like to have a helmet on within the caves. "Hey Varying, no problem about asking me to come" he would say as a polite gesture. He wasn't too familiar with the girl, but he still knew her and would help her reach the frontlines as they had discussed earlier. "Yeah, I've done the quest before, but I wouldn't call myself qualified for guiding through this quest" he would say with a chuckle, "The last time I did it I got lost underground in the caves" he would say with a wide smile on his lips.

Vayrin simply chuckled to herself as Macradon explained he may not be the best choice for this quest due to his last escapade on it. "Well, hopefully we won't get lost." She stated before opening her menu. She reviewed the quest info before looking back up at her companion. "Well, seems like we need to find a girl. Hoping the monsters will be smart enough to let us, but I'm sure they won't." She stated flatly before turning. "Best not keep her waiting too long." She said with a grin before walking off in the direction of the town's entrance to the large mountain range beyond.

Macradon would listen as Vayrin told him the details of the quest, even though he had done it already he would still listen and take notes in his mind. It seemed like the quest was just as easy as it was before, find the girl and kill the monsters hindering them. Macradon would nod at Vayrin "Let's go, then" he would say as he would begin to take the first few steps towards the exit of town. "Have you heard anything about this quest? Apart from what the brokers tell us" he would ask Vayrin, the more she knew the less work Macradon had to do.

Vayrin tilted her head slightly as Macradon mentioned the brokers. "Well, actually I didn't hear about it from them. I just happened to encounter the NPC who begged me to save her friend. I only assumed ther'd be monsters in the cave. Sadly though I lack the skill of nightvision, but I'm sure my sword arts can light the cave up enough for me to hit a target." Vayrin replied. Now that she thought about it, that may be a good choice of another skill to acquire, although there were many she had to decide upon. The only extra skill she had was the Survival one she got with Calrex's help on the fifth floor, so maybe it'd be a good time to look for others.

Macradon would look back at Vayrin "Oh, so that's the case" Macradon said. It seemed like she wasn't well informed about the quest and its needs, but Macradon would shrug off the details and go right into it. "In the cave will be 2 giant bats that will be trying to guard the passage to the lost girl" he would begin "That's what I was told by the brokers. Now that it seems that the closer we get to the girl, the higher our chances of encountering one of these bats" he would say. The logic behind his speech was that if they encountered a bat it would probably mean that they were close to their target.

"Alright then, follow the flapping sounds." Vayrin said as they continued to walk. It seemed simple enough, and as she predicted, there were indeed monsters that were going to try and stop them. She simply readjusted her sheath on her back as the girl prepared to whip out her sword at any given moment. Of course, running into hostile mobs on their journey to the cave was also common. Didn't hurt to be prepared. One thing Vayrin didn't know though was how big exactly this cave was. If Macradon had gotten lost in it before, then maybe it'll be significantly bigger then most caverns Vayrin had ventured to. That would just make finding this girl, or bats that much harder.

He would smile and giggle slightly "Yes, follow the flapping sounds" he would say as they walked. The cave wasn't far from their position, but it was a heck of a travel when they would come down into the cave. It wouldn't take them long before they would arrive at the cave, it was right there before them, its big opening wade open and waiting for the two to enter. He would take a deep breathe and sigh it out again as he would approach the cave. "Let's go in" he would say as he would being to walk into the cave opening. A few meter drop would  and that was when the cave really began. Macradon would begin to climb down on the wall and get to the bottom of the cave. The big cave, 7-9 meters in width was standing wide open, biolueminicent fungi were scattered around the cave and emitted the needed light in the cave. Macradon waited for Vayrin to come down before he would go deeper into the cave.

Vayrin didn't hesitate for a moment after the two of them reached the cave entrance. She strolled in behind Macradon, and the area had gotten significantly darker. Vayrin squinted to try and see better, just before Mac came to the drop. The light coming from the entrance managed to illuminate the area slightly, so she noticed it as well. As Macradon had started climbing down, the girl simply stepped off the edge, rolling on the ground with her hand on her hilt. She slowly stood back up and turned. "Any idea where to start?" The girl asked. Not knowing weather this quest was random each time going through, or weather it had been in a specific place.

Macradon would scratch the back of his head, it did still seem like the same cave as he had been doing before, but the location of the girl may be relocated, either way, they wouldn't get anywhere if he would just stand and ponder. "I'm not really sure ... but last time I went that way" he would say and point at a direction down the long cave where it would split into to corridors, one to left and one to right, he pointed to the right. He would begin to walk that path, hoping for them to go the right way.

"Well then, I guess that's a good a place to start." Vayrin said unsure of herself. But then again it shouldn't be that difficult to locate the girl. The Bats would tell them when they were getting closer, not to mention the sound of tears. Vayrin stayed silent for a moment, clearing her mind to try and get a fell of the surroundings. She could only hear faint drops from what she assumed was water hitting the floor of the cave in the distance. That was it. She turned back to Macradon. "I'll just assume this is the right path." She said placing her trust in his last actions. Of course she was still unsure, seeing as he apparently had gotten lost last time he did the quest.

Macradon went to the direction he pointed at and would continue onward that path in the dark half lit cavern. With a few steps Macradon's eared picked up, the sound of slight sobbing, but the echoing from the cave's walls were disturbing the sound waves and somewhat canceling out their position. "You hear that?" he asked Vayrin, hoping that he wasn't just hearing things. If that really was sobbing, they might've gone the right way. Macradon would listen more carefully at the sobbing, trying to see if it was in front of them or behind them.

• 2 months later...

"Yeah..." She whispered quietly. The sobbing meant they were close, but it was still unclear as to what direction it was coming from. That and they still handn't run into any giant flying bats. Something the quest specefied would happen. However, the sound of the girl meant they were getting closer, and she needed  to be weary. A that thought, she slowly unsheathed her blade, hoping the sound she made would actually lure the mobs from their hiding places and show them the direction the duo needed to head.

Vayrin seemed to be drawing her weapon, which would be a great way to lure in some monster in this cave "Good idea" Macradon said as he would unsheathe his big two-handed sword as well. The sounds of the weapon drawn echoed throughout the cave, sounds going through every corridor of the dark and moist cave. Out of a sudden, wing flaps could be heard from one of the corridors. In came 2 giant bats, and when the quest description said giant bats, it really were giant bats, like really giant. "The bats are here, so the girl must come from the direction they came from" he said "Let's take them down!" he said as he would ready his battle stance.

- Health List -
Macradon: 165/165 HP || 66 MIT || 13 DMG || 40/40 NRG
Vayrin:           32/32 HP ||   0 MIT ||   4 DMG || 8/8 NRG

< Giant Bat 1> 50/50 HP || 0 MIT || 12 DMG
< Giant Bat 2> 50/50 HP || 0 MIT || 12 DMG

Vayrin smirked and held her sword ready as her plan seemed to had worked splendidly. Macradon seemed to have had caught as well, as he currently had his blade out. Soon the two large bats showed themselves as predicted, and Vayrin shot a glance over to Mac. He'd have no problem dealing a single blow to kill these things if he wanted. But she wasn't going to let him have all the fun.

"Right then!" She yelled with confidence as her blade began to glow.

Rolls:

Spoiler

ID#: 58981

BD: 7+1(Accuracy)=8 [Hit!]

Vayrin's DMG: Vertical Square - 4x1 - AoE - (8 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces the shape of a square. =5x4(hitcount)=20x1(DMG multiplier)= 20 dmg

Health List

Vayrin: 56/56

ENG: 6/14

Macradon: 165/165

ENG: 40/40

Giant Bat#1: 30/50

Giant Bat#2: 30/50

Vayrin waited until her blade illuminated the cavern around them, and within an instant she flashed forward. SHe spun her body around, her weapon tracing a large purple arc through the air. As soon as she was facing the direction of the bats again, her blade released a giant square shaped arc of purple energy, directly hitting both of the large creatures, sending them flying backwards several feet.

(OOC: My updated stats are located below my signature, I'm lvl 14 and such ^-^)

• 2 weeks later...

Macradon looked as Vayrin rushed up to starte the fight, she was well aware that Macradon would be able to sweep through it all without any problem, but Vayrin wanted some action as well, so she would go in and deal the initial damage. Macradon would go in as well, activating his <Charge> skill as he flew from one position to another as his sword would begin to glow as well. As he got close, his sword would swing from his right horizontally and would quickly reverse the hit and go back from left to right horizontally, striking through bot hof the giant bats. The immense power let into the swings would make the bats stagger and fall to the ground, but the damage Macradon dealt was enough to kill them and take them out. He would get out form battle stance and would assume his normal straighten way of standing. "Let's get to the girl" he said as he would begin to walk towards the cries.

Spoiler

ID: 59435
BD: 8+1=9, hit.
CD: 1, no proc.
Sword art used: <Blast> 2x1x15(13 base + 2 Charge)=30 AOE DMG + STUN

- Health List -
[2]Macradon: 165/165 HP || 66 MIT || 13 DMG || 35/40 NRG
[1]Vayrin:           56/56 HP ||   0 MIT ||   5 DMG || 6/14 NRG

< Giant Bat 1> 0/50 HP || 0 MIT || 12 DMG Stunned, Dead
< Giant Bat 2> 0/50 HP || 0 MIT || 12 DMG Stunned, Dead

Edited by Macradon