[F1-PP] Plush Toys <<Earning A Living>> (Zero)

Sinful had a lot of sewing needles and cloth, but the problem was he didn't know how to sew. "I've got myself the things... But I ain't got the knowledge." He knew he should've taken sewing classes in the real world, he was always interested in the making of plush toys. There was a particular style he liked, it was called chibi. "Well, guess I need to request someone to make plush toys for me then." He checked his col and realized he only had 500, "Shoot!" Sinful was running low on money, but that wouldn't stop him. "I'll make my own plushies, then the children won't be so bored!"

Edited by Sinful

Zero quietly walked across floor one, not a care in the world for the platinum haired boy. He  had recently managed to win a duel against a pretty worthy opponent and felt oddly cheery then, he had not fought someone in a long time. His eyes caught the sight of a player who seemed somewhat irritated, he was going through his inventory and spoke about creating plushies or something of the sort. He stopped himself from walking further and slipped his hands into his pockets, walking over to the troubled player. "What might be troubling you, kiddo?"

"Huh? I guess the fact that I don't have a profession to make plush toys." Sinful found a bench and sat on it, leaning back while facing the white haired boy. "I see kids here every single day dying from suicide or trying to get out of the safezone... It's just not right..." Sadness spread over his face as he wept a few tears trying to hold them back. "I guess... I guess I just don't want to see it anymore, maybe when people see plush toys they'll remember the innocence of children, and stop killing them." His dream was very idealistic, but as idealistic as he was, he would just not stop. "By the way, what's your name? Would you like to help me go on a quest to get my tailor profession?"

Zero quietly listened to the young man and nodding slowly. He could understand what he meant about the rate of suicides and deaths, they were not exactly low. He slightly smiled at how idealistic the boy in front of him actually was and crossed his arms. "I can understand that. It's a pretty noble idea, maybe a little idealistic but it's a nice idea nonetheless." He glanced behind him then back at the boy as he was asked for his name. "My name's Zero, I can't help you myself but we can definitely find a Tailor in town who could teach you."

"Woah, there are other tailors in the town? I've been looking for one that would accept me for quite a while, but most of them tell me to get out because of my clothes." Sinful's clothes were very scratched up, near the point of falling apart. "But hey? Appearances don't matter right?" He put on his charming smile, and laughed, it suddenly came to a stop. "Well, I guess it kinda does when you're trying to get an internship at a place, thing's don't really go well for me these days, but at least they do for others." Sinful tightly gripped on a sack of col, his one and only sack of col since he was poorer than most players in Aincrad.

"Don't waste your time with player crafters, most of them are busy as is without a kid coming along asking to be trained." He glanced at Sinful's clothes and scratched his chin in thought. "Yeah let's head to an NPC shop, some of them have programing that allows you to take a training course. It's what I did to get my Performer training. All that would be needed is finding an NPC shop..." He glanced around trying to spot a possible shop he could take the kid in front of him to. He snapped his fingers and grabbed the young man by his shoulder, dragging him off. "Come on, I know a place we can go to."

"Alright, you lead the way." Sinful followed Zero and looked altruistic as ever, ready to help whoever was in need. It wasn't long until a loli stumbled upon Sinful, falling down and dropping her col. She hastily grabbed the coins in shock, but then Sinful chipped in and helped. "Here, you need this more than me." He handed her a sack of col (His only col left) and smiled, helping her pick up the col she just dropped. Sinful expected Zero to say "Are you done yet?" but his response would be very different, after all, what could you expect from a DIRTY DAN! "Alright, I'm done, sorry for the hold up back there, just needed to help somebody." He brushed off the dirt from his tattered clothing and continued following Zero.

The young man remained silent when they bumped into the small female, watching the boy hand over his Col to her out of good will. He grinned slightly and gave the young man's shoulder a pat, winking at the girl. "Excuse my friend here young lady, he's a bit of an idealistic, self-less type so please accept his Col. If that's all, we really need to get going mate. See you around pretty miss." He gripped Sinful by his collar and quickly dragged him off, heading towards the town's market area.

Sinful looked at Zero's eyes and caught sight of the wink. 'Did you just?' Was what he was thinking in his mind, guess you can't expect much from a DIRTY DAN. "I haven't seen much player tailors here recently, you have any idea why?" Sinful looked around town when he spotted a drunken man crying. Duty calls as the instinct kicked into Sinful, help the dude! "It's okay, I'll help you pay your debt." He put on his charming smile and offered his hand to the drunken man. "R-Really? You're a lifesaver man!" The drunken man thanked Sinful and ran off with ten materials, something Sinful gave him. "Oh no, my debt's piling again.... Aghh, that's fine, it doesn't matter as long as I see smiles on peoples' faces."

Zero sighed at the sight before him, there was kindness and then there were like this kid. He shook his head slightly before walking up to Sinful and grabbing his shoulder. "You're too nice for your own good, you know that? Come on before you hand someone your freaking clothes." He dragged the guy away and headed passed the shops that were lined up next to one another, stopping in front of one with high quality leather armor on display. "This place should be a good choice to find you a mentor. Just try to stick close and not put your foot in your own mouth."

The irony was funny, Sinful was halfway from taking off his shirt to give to somebody. "Uhh... Yeah, sorry." He had that semi-embarrassed look on his face and blushed. "So uhh... Who are all of they?" He looked around and saw a plethora of NPCs, all of them looking a bit strange and beautiful at the same time, and yes, some of them were men. "Which one to pick, they all seem like wonderful people." Sinful's false mask had a respect for NPCs even though they were just AI. He felt sorry for the ones that had to work tirelessly day and night, and so he wanted to learn and take over after them so that they wouldn't need to suffer. "Thanks Zero, I owe you one."

He sighed when he realized the kid had almost actually given away his clothes and shook his head. "You're really something. Anyway, the shops here a plenty and they're all NPC owned so any one of them can train you." He scratched his head and groaned annoyed at the guy's apology. "Don't mention it kid. Now let's go into this shop and see if we can get the owner to take you off my hands." He gripped Sinful by his collar like before and dragged him into the shop. "Oi, I have a kid in need of Tailor training. Give him some tips and what not so he'll stop giving his stuff away to others." He pointed at the kid behind him and walked up to the NPC, a pretty little thing that greeted them happily.

"Tips? Oh I'd be glad to teach your friend the basics. Just have him come right behind this counter and sit down, we can get started immediately." She smiled at the both of them and stepped back, sitting down beside a table with leather and sowing needles.

Sinful gave the NPC an enthusiastic smile that convinced her he wanted to learn. "Thank you! I can't wait to learn, and I know how you work tirelessly to do this, please let me take your place to take the burden off your shoulders!" He looked again to Zero and noticed a crying kid behind him. "Oh no!" The kid didn't have a blanket, so Sinful took off his shirt revealing his upper body. He had a two pack, something most other men don't have and the child smiled at him. "Don't mention it." He said humbly. Sinful went back to learning from the NPC attentively, and shirtless.

Zero groaned as he placed his hand against his own face and shook his head slowly. He leaned against the counter and glanced at the NPC. "I assure you he'll be a good student, he's just overly generous... Please try to ignore that minor detail about him." He glanced at Sinful and covered his face again when he returned shirtless. "You're a real handful, you know that kiddo?"

"No worries, it's fine. Now let's start with your first lesson." The NPC turned to the table and picked up a sowing needle, holding it in front of the boy. "First we need to talk about the tool of our trade, needles. They aren't difficult to use once you get the feel of how they work, the difficulty is making sure the stitching comes out adequately and doesn't have any errors in them. If you can get a good blacksmith to make you a special one they can increase your odds of making a masterpiece when crafting." She placed the needle aside and picked up a piece of leather from the table. "Now, can you tell me what this is?"

Sinful stared awestruck at the NPC showing him how to become a tailor. "I think that piece of leather is the material! Hey... Is it just me or is it cold in here?" He didn't realize he was shirtless, and a breeze came into the building. A guy with glasses appeared and looked at Sinful, examining the suspicious and shirtless guy before talking to him. "So you put up the notice for free plush toys?" The Mr.Spectacles was holding the hand of a little girl who was most likely his sister, he bowed to Sinful meaning he'd like a plush toy for his little sister. "Ah... Please don't bow, I get a bit embarrassed sometimes..." Sinful blushed and handed the girl a puppy plushy and the Mr.Spectacles a dog. "Hope you have fun with those, thnaks for coming!" He went back to learning about the tailor profession, learning the very basic skills necessary.

"Correct." The NPC nodded at hearing his answer and placed the leather aside. She waited until he had sat back down and placed her hands on her lap. "Now, when you're creating something you need to be mindful of what you wish to make it out of. The texture of the material if it's leather, cloth or fur will be different, always be mindful of what your customer requests. That was your second lesson." She grabbed a needle and a few more pieces of leather, quickly creating small leather bracers. "Your final lesson shall be inspecting these leather bracers, recognize the stitching patterns and the delicate touch required to create them. Never rush yourself when creating your art, patience is just as important as skill. As well as concentration, so no more running off." She smiled and held the leather bracers out to Sinful so he could look at them closely.

Zero laid his head on the counter as he watched the two and closed his eyes. "I'm gonna take a nap, kiddo. Try and not let this chance pass you by." He warned the guy and sighed, leaning against the counter completely.

Sinful payed attention to the NPC teaching him, he had sudden "Aha" moments from time to time, but ultimately it all seemed a bit easy to learn. He looked at Zero napping and wanted to wake the DIRTY DAN up just to scold him, but he didn't. "So this is how you do it... The feel is amazing, it's like expertly made goods!" The mastermind marveled at the sight of it, the NPC was great at doing this. Sinful wondered about what kind of armor he'd wear, he thought for a while then chose light armor. Paying attention to the NPC was easy, but actually doing it would be a much harder task.

The NPC smiled as she witnessed the boy's interest grow and at how much he was enjoying the lesson. She grabbed the leather bracers once she was sure he had looked at them enough and gently pried them from his hands. " Now that you've got a feeling for how it should looked and be modeled, we can move on to the final lesson. She placed the leather bracers aside on the table and placed her hands back down on her lap. "When creating something always be sure to have in mind what it's suppose to be used for. In other words, be sure that it's purpose and appearance match well with one another. Though your client's tastes will also shape that in some ways, remember to make sure it has your special touch. She stood up from her chair and grabbed a sowing kit from the table, handing it over to him with a smile. "You have your own but consider this a badge of acknowledgement."

Zero quietly woke himself up, moving off from the counter, and stretched his back. "Finishing up, huh? Hope you learned something of use from the lady." He slipped his hands into his pockets and moved over to the door, leaning against the wall beside it. "Take your time to finish up, I'm in no rush."

"Alright! Let's see what I can make!" Sinful was going to craft his first item with his newly acquired sewing kit and knowledge, who knows what sort of item he could make? His adrenaline was pumping as he hoped for his luck to not fail him this time. "Here we go!" He started stitching the fabric together and in a burst of light... Made nothing! "Ah what! Well, I guess I should take this failure as a lesson, can't make everything good at the start. Oh, hey Zero! I made something awesome! Look, it's a failure!" There wasn't much to be proud in a failure, but for Sinful there was always something good in the bad.

ID# 52174

Craft 3

-1 Mat

Edited by Sinful

Zero looked at the failure of a craft Sinful held in his hands, but did not react to it badly. No, instead he slightly laughed and nodded in agreement. "That's a fine failure alright." He waved at the NPC as he opened the door and moved off from the wall. His feet quickly turned on their heels and quickly moved him out of the shop. "Well now that you got the basics down all you have to do is open a shop. Once you do that you can start making more things, though you may have a little trouble at first since there's a lot of Tailors around. So you might want to level up that Tailor fast." He glanced at the time on his HUD then back at the person in front of him. "So listen, I have to be going to take care of some business. I can see that you're done with your whole learning how your profession works so I'll be going before I'm late and I'll see you when I see you. Best of luck." He pulled up his coats hood and ran off, waving back at the boy.

-Zero has left the thread-