Stinger Jab: ((5-3EVA)) MISS!

Lycan: 20/20 HP -- EN: 2/5 -- HATE: 2 --
Snake Bite [2x1]: ((2+2ACC))
MISS!

---

Results:
Wind Wasp: 2/10 HP (Attacking Lycan)
Lycan: 20/20 HP -- EN: 0/5 -- HATE: 2 --

The audible hum of insect winds filled the air of the forest clearing where Lycan narrowly ducked under the needle point stinger of a Wind Wasp. Somewhere in this forest the <<Queen Wasp>> waited for him and between the two, more of these Wind Wasps would try to thwart him. Lycan gripped Harbinger's handle and felt it sing with energy. Lycan's body moved with the assist of Cardinal and lashed out twice at the massive bee. Again, for the third time, the wasp avoided a killing blow. It darted free from damaged like a humming bird while its legs idly twitched in front of it.

"I hated normal bees, but..." Lycan mumbled as he held his blade across his chest for the next exchange, eyes focused on his target. "Big bees are even more annoying." 

The two strafed twice, keeping apposing direction and equal distance. Then, as a cooling breeze rolled through the forest canopy, the wasps wings hummed a higher octave and it began its attack.

Edited by Lycan

ID: 50571

BD: 1 (Well my dramatic entrance has been ruined by the dice gods...) 

Xion had been walking around the forests of floor 2 for no other reason than...he was just bored. The tank had very little to do, very few MATs and he couldn't be asked to craft anything in his dust covered forge. 

So he was walking around, watching the local wasp population go about doing their thing, until he noticed something: A player in combat with a MOB, and a low level one at that. "So much for being bored..." he said before opening his menu, his shield and golden spear materialising in his left and right hand respectively, before charging into the combat, his spear raised at the wasp, ready to strike until the bug flew away. "These little guys are slippery aren't they?" he said to the player that had been fighting the wasp. "I'm Xion...I saw you fighting and thought that a little help would be welcome...well I missed but that's beside the point!" 

Xion (52/52) (12/13en) (1 heavy momentum) 

Spoiler

Rollbot, give me your strength!
 ID# 50797: -- BD: 1 -- CD: 3 -- LD: 1 -- MD: 8 --
Screw you rollbot...

Regen Phase:
Lycan: HP: +0 -- EN: +1

---

Combat Phase:
Wind Wasp
: 2/10 HP -- DMG: 6 -- MIT: 2
Stinger Jab: ((8-3EVA)) MISS!

Lycan: 20/20 HP -- EN: 1/5 -- HATE: 2 --
Normal Attack: ((1 
+ 2ACC)) CRITICAL MISS!!!

---

Results:
Xion: 52/52 HP -- EN: 12/13 -- HATE: 0 -- (1 heavy momentum) 

"Damn right they are!" Lycan replied to the stranger. His own name formed on the tip of his tongue, but Lycan was forced to swallow it in favor of a diving dodge roll. The wasp's lethal stinger only grazed Lycan's coat, avoiding any true damage. The teen tumbled to his feet and quickly recovered, throwing his weight into a retaliatory blow.

"The name's--!" he began, cut off by the effort of his own swing. The blade missed by a clean inch as the Wasp took to a higher altitude. Out of reach and out of harm's way, Lycan followed it with fierce amber eyes.

"Lycan," he finished.

The bee apexed in its arc and began to make a turn for a diving attack. The young soldier rooted his stance and tightened his grip on Harbinger.

"I appreciate the help," Lycan continued. "When it comes in for this pass, go for a lunge. It shouldn't be able to dodge that effectively. If it manages the maneuver, switch me in."

With a fierce hum of massive wings, the Wind wasp dove, stinger first toward Lycan.

Edited by Lycan

ID: 50800 

BD: 9 (5 DMG/hit)

"Nice to meet you Lycan..." Xion said as he tracked the wasp, his eyes trained upon the aerial menace. "Also..." He said, his spear beginning to glow- the sign that he was readying a sword art. "I don't need advice when it comes to killing something Lycan..." He said. Before lashing out quickly at the wasp two times in rapid succession, the attack destroying the small creature completely. 

"Sorry if that was a little too much like bragging" he said with a smile as he turned to face the other player. 

+1 MAT

Spoiler

Regen Phase:
Lycan: HP: +3 -- EN: +1

---

Results:
Lycan: 20/20 HP -- EN: 1/5 -- HATE: 0 --

Lycan watched as the newcomer's spear sang out and hit true. Two blows and the wasp was but dust in the wind. The teen exhaled sharply and with a roll of his shoulders, snapped his blade to the side to rid the blood off its length in his old habit. Granted, this world didn't have blood or even soil the blades, but the traditional kendo practice stuck. He returned Harbinger to its sheath on his back and turned to Xion.

"It's not bragging if you have the skill to show for it," Lycan commented. "And that you do."

He held out his hand to the new acquaintance.

"Thanks for the assist. Truth be told, this Lone Wolf-ing it can be a drag. Speaking of, what brings you round these parts? You after the Queen too, or passing through?"

Edited by Lycan

Xion smiled as he shook the hand "it's just a low level sword art, nothing impressive" he said with a chuckle before answering Lycan's question "I was more just...walking through I guess, I was debating fighting the queen but bosses like her become a bit of a drag with a buold like mine. You just sit there poking it for a while..." He said jokingly 

"but eh, if you want some help I'll be happy to oblige. Xion- tank of the Crimson blades at your service" he said with a smile, the whole mini speech wasn't needed but Xion enjoyed saying those words after months of being missing.

"Two blades are better than one," Lycan commented. "Plus, I'm still novice enough to struggle hitting the broadside of a barn."

Lycan gave a chuckle, then a deep breath, followed by a long sigh.

"The grind is real enough..." he mumbled. "Anyway! What about that boss?"

Lycan flipped open his menu, extended a party window to Xion, and shut out his User Interface.

"I've been trekking its drones for a good hundred meters or so. I'm venturing to guess she's another fifty meters to the northeast? Sounds like you've had your fair share of poking the hornet's nest. What do you think? Hot or Cold?" Lycan rambled before pointing toward the direction he figured the Queen would be.

Xion chuckled as he accepted the party invite "Grinding is always a drag...but it's needed if one wants to become stronger..." he said, acting like an old man. His mother had always said that he was too old mentally for someone of his age. "You don't need to find the drones...but they're a good indicator of where it is..." he said, looking aroung them,trying to judge where the Queen would be, listening for even the faintest of buzzes. "Your estimation should be right...and as for the hornet's nest..." he said, before he started walking in the direction of the Queen. "It's always hot" 

• 4 weeks later...

Lycan chuckled at his remark. In the real world, messing with bees was a masochist's game. Lycan remembered when he was a child and he kicked a tree with a hive in its branches. Winged, buzzing fury spewed forth with a vengeance and chased him back to his home. Lycan felt safe, but it wasn't until he got to the top of the stairs and halfway to his room, that one of the viscous insects stung him in the scalp. Last thing he remembered was coming to at the bottom of the steps with his parents looking over him and a dead bee kicking its last breath on one of the steps.

"I hate bees..." he mumbled again under his breath. 

"Alright, I'll follow you," Lycan spoke, this time louder.

They made way through some of the forest thicket. Silence filled the gap between the two and unnerved Lye to a degree. He felt the need to open the channel of conversation.

"So, is it safe to assume this is a much lower floor than you're used to?" Lycan probed, trying not to be completely blunt and rude. It was common knowledge not to ask about another player's level. Lycan could only assume Xion's was several higher than his own.