[SP-F2] [Completed] 'Raise'ing the Bar <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Looking back at his mentor as he sipped from his large flask of liquor, the golden haired spearman was furious. "Raise... Whats the point of this quest for me?" He paused for a moment to collect his thoughts as he looked at the giant stone in front of him. "I cant even use the extra skill with my build." Looking back to his mentor, Lawfer raised his hands in confusion. When he had talked to Raise the day before back on the 7th floor, the overpowered spearman didn't mention anything about th edays training regiment, only that he was going to be hurting after it. 

"Look Lawfer... For One.. You look ridiculous with those whiskers on your face." Raise sat down and propped himself up against a nearby rock as he took a long sip from his flask. "For two! You told me you wanted to get stronger... Thus I picked a way for you to double your SP for the day. You should thank me really... Besides when you punched me the other day I laughed... Your way too weak to even question me." The older blond spearman laughed and took a small break to take another sip, "Just get to punching..."

Having heard his reasoning, Lawfer shook his head once more, this was his payback for sucker punching him the other night back at the pub. "Fine... Fine... But I'm letting Ryuu know you only get bottom shelf booze for the next two days." Lawfer responded with a laugh as he raised his right hand and entered his inventory. Swapping out his Lucky Pants, for this Black Boar Hide Gloves. The speaman knew that he wouldn't be able to use weapons for this quest, and there weren't any loot drops, so having his standard hunting equipment wouldn't do. As his pant's changed to his standard white pants he wore around town he removed a whetstone potion and rubbed it over his hands to increase his damage. "Guess I better get this started."

-1 Perfect T1 Whetstone

Spoiler

Lawfer stats:

Unarmed DMG: 1+ [+3 DMG Pot] = 4
+2 HM
+1 LM

Edited by Lawfer

Observing the massive stone that was before him, Lawfer looked for a possible weak point. 'Just like I thought... There are none' He thought to himself as he glanced back at the drunkard. 'I really hate that guy sometimes.' He continued to think as he brought both hands up to his hair and pulled it back into a ponytail. The spearman would have loved to tackle this think with his spear, but that was out of the question. In the real world, Lawfer had done a little Muay Thai training when he spent time in Thailand, however, his knowledge of how to throw a punch wouldn't get him far in the game, all he could do is hope that the buff he placed on himself would be enough to expidite the process. Raising his hands, to his face he brought his left foot forward in his stance, while evenly distributing his weight. Piviting his back foot, he threw a right straight, that stopped just in front of the rock, missing his target.

"Bahahahahaha!!!!! Raise erupted as he watched his pupil. "This is gonna take a long time! Hope I brought enough booze!" 

"Shut it!!!" Lawfer responded coldly.

<Battle Engaged>
Lawfer HP: 80/80
Lawfer EN: 18/20

Rock HP: 50/50

ID: 50941
BD: 1 -Miss

Edited by Lawfer

Taking moment to cool down, Lawfer re-established his distance by placing his left hand on the rock. "I got it now." The spear-less spearman said to himself as he looked over to Raise. "You're not gonna want to miss this one." He said confidently as he bent his knees slightly and brought his right hand back to his face. Again, he lead with his right straight. His power shot, as he pivoted his back foot, all you could hear is the loud thud f his fist making contact with the enormous boulder. As its HP sunk a little, Lawfer looked back to see a slightly impressed face from Raise.

"Well dont just stand there! Keep it going!" The drunkard stated as he took a drink, with a slight smile on his lips. 

<Battle Engaged>
Lawfer HP: 80/80
Lawfer EN: 19/20

Rock HP: 44/50

ID: 50943
BD: 6+1LM=7    4DMG+2HM=6DMG

Edited by Lawfer

Without missing a beat, Lawfer tucked his chin. He was finally getting his rhythm back from his time training in Thailand. Launching a flurry of punches, first came the jab, then the cross followed by the left hook. All in unison, the dense thuds of his fist meeting the rock echoed in the area. 'Why haven't I done this quest before.' He thought to himself as he breathed out slowly. The man needed to pace himself so he wouldn't loose too much Energy too quickly. 

"Those sounded good! Keep them up!" Raise yelled as he stretched his arms. "I think I'll make a drinking game out of this. Every time you hit I drink and every time you miss I drink."

Shaking his head, Lawfer looked at Raise. "Shut it Raise..."

<Battle Engaged>
Sword Art: Basic Attack -1EN

Rock HP: 38/50

ID: 50949
BD: 10 4+2Crit DMG= 6DMG

Edited by Lawfer

Shifting his weight back, Lawfer began to slip left and right as he imagined his old training partners punching him. As he slipped right, he circled under throwing a low right body hook, then a low left body hook followed by a high left hook. Back stepping he threw, three left straights, followed by a high right shin kick that chipped away some of the boulder. Normally he wouldn't have ducked under so low for fear of a knee, but he was simply playing around at this point. Circling right, he pulled his hands high to retain his guard.

"Lawfer quit fooling around just punch the [censored] thing and be done with it! I wanna get back to the bar." Raise said with a chuckle. 

"Raise... I already told you to shut it. You wanted me to train.. Now you want me to hurry. What do you want?" Lawfer responded back jokingly.

<Battle Engaged>

Rock HP: 32/50

ID: 50950
BD: 10= 4+2[Crit]= 6DM

Edited by Lawfer

Raise's eyes glanced to the side as he pondered what exactly to respond. "I want a warm, bed, a pair of beautiful women, and enough booze to keep me in there for 3 days straight. But Seeing as how your not a pair of beautiful women.. Ill have to make due with enough booze to get me through the game." The quick witted man responded as he watched his pupil ignore him and get back to work on the boulder.

By the time Raise had responded, Lawfer was set to ignore mode. Throwing out his flicker jab, the blue eyed spearman followed up with a right cross, left hook then followed with a heavy head level right shin kick that blasted another whole into the side of the boulder. "Raise... You'll get your booze... but i'm not a pimp. You need to get your own warm bed and women. I'm not fond of sharing mine."

<Battle Engaged>

Rock HP: 26/50

ID: 50952
BD: 10 4+2= 6DMG

Edited by Lawfer

After thinking about what the lecherous man had just announced, Lawfer found himself deep in thought about the ones that had got away in the real world, and most currently the one he had lost in this one. Had this been a simpler time, he would have easily been able to keep her... But he had blown it. As his concentration swayed, so did his fists. Lazily he threw 4 punches that had all glanced off of the boulder, not making good contact. "Ah crap!" he yelled, feeling his hands slip off of the boulder. 

"Thats what you get for not paying attention stupid!" Raise yelled loudly, the booze had finally began sinking in and he was becoming less and less cognitive in his speech. 

"Raise... This is the last time im gonna tell you. Zip it!" Lawfer responded with a laugh... The mans taunts were becoming more and more laughable with each passing second.

<Battle Engaged>
Lawfer EN: 17/20
Sword Art: Basic Attack- Miss -2EN

Rock HP: 26/50

ID: 50953
BD: 3-Miss- +2HM & +1LM Next Roll

Edited by Lawfer

"Or what...!" The short platinum haired drunkard stated as he stood up and began stretching his arm against his shoulder.

Lawfer looked back momentarily as he reached out and touched the boulder once more, this time his equipment had began glowing silver and black. Turning his attention back to the stone, Lawfer jumped back then sprang off of his lead left hook. Cocking his arm back, he kicked back in the air with his right foot and delivered a 'superman' punch with his right hand that left a crater in the rock that began to split upwards. He was getting that much closer to his goal of splitting the boulder and getting the ridiculous whiskers removed from his face. 

"Fine fine... You made you point Lawfer.." Raise commented with a grin as he took a long drink from his flask. "Looks like im out..." He commented as he tossed the over-sized flask to the side, causing it to shatter into pixels. Reaching behind his back he pulled another flask out and resumed drinking.

"Just how many of those do you have?" Lawfer asked puzzledly.

<Battle Engaged>
Lawfer HP: 80/80 +2HM & +1LM This Roll
Lawfer EN: 17/20
Sword Art: Basic Attack-  -1EN

Rock HP: 18/50

ID: 50956
BD: 10+1= 4+2HM+2Crit= 8DMG

Edited by Lawfer

"Enough to get me through till we hit up 7th heaven to celebrate." Raise commented as he gestured for Lawfer to continue his pummeling of the boulder that was infront of him.

"Fine... Fine..." The blue-eyed apprentice stated as he raised his guard once more. Stepping back, this time he pushed off his right foot, and reversed his attack to use the southpaw superman. Swinging his left hand wildly, he wiffed with his attack and stumbled forward into the rock. Looking over to Raise, Lawfer laughed. As Raise began to open his mouth for some quick witted insult, Lawfer cut him off at the pass. "I know... I know... I suck... Im so horrible at this thing called fistacuffs." Lawfer stated sarcastically. 

"I couldn't have said it better myself you idiot." Raise commented, then began to take another long pull from his flask.

<Battle Engaged>
Lawfer EN: 15/20
Sword Art: Basic Attack-Miss -2EN

Rock HP: 18/50

ID: 50957
BD: 5-  Miss- +2HM & +1LM Next Roll

Edited by Lawfer

Getting back to the basics Lawfer squarred up to the gigantic boulder. It wouldn't be long until he split it in two, and that couldn't come sooner. "Let's try this combo." The spearman stated with a smirk creeping from his lips. Flicking out his jab twice, he followed with a cross, the left low hook, then high hook. Switching his stance he threw a mid-level switching left shin kick. The boulder cracked, and the crevice began to extend higher up the boulders face. "Looks like that one still works." He commented growing more and more confident in his unarmed abilities.

"Not too much longer, you drunkard!" Lawfer yelled back to Raise, a his drunken mentors head began to sway heavy. "Guess its not that much longer for you as well."

<Battle Engaged>
Lawfer HP: 80/80 +2HM & +1LM this Roll
Sword Art: Basic Attack- -1EN

Rock HP: 12/50

ID: 50958
BD: 7= 4+2HM= 6DMG

Edited by Lawfer

Stepping back from the stone, Lawfer walked over to drunken Raise with a concerned look on his face. "Hey big guy, you ok there? I dont think I have ever seen you this bad." he asked as the man seemed like he had passed out. "Guess I will just let you sleep then." Lawfer stated as he turned from the man. 

As he did, the drunken spearman sprung to life and grabbed Lawfer's ankle, nearly causing him to fall over. "Gotcha! Bahahaha!" Raise bellowed as he sat up straight. "You really think this much could put me down, my pupil is not as smart as I originally gave him credit for." Raise finished as he shooed Lawfer back to the task at hand.

When the golden haired man was in striking distance of the stone, he stepped forward even closer. Raising his right arm he slashed down with his elbow, making contact with the stone splitting it even more. 

<Battle Engaged>

Rock HP: 8/50

ID: 50965
BD: 6= 4DMG

Edited by Lawfer

Holding his left hand out once more to judge the space, Lawfer leapt in with a flying right knee. As his knee smacked into the rock, he a good solid connection was made. Rock split even further, as he landed. The creaking and cracking could be heard all around. "[Censored] that one actually managed to hurt me." Lawfer said as he reached down and massaged his knee. "The knee is supposed to be one of the hardest points of the body... I'm just surprised my knuckles haven't given out yet.." He commented with a laugh. 

"Looks like that ones almost done for. We gonna finish this up sometime soon Lawfer?" Raise yelled, trying to hurry the man into finishing the quest up.

<Battle Engaged>

Rock HP: 4/50

ID: 51033
BD: 6= 4DMG

Edited by Lawfer

"Im gonna finish it off right here. Dont worry we will drink to celebrate." Lawfer stated with his confidence brimming. He had been quite successful so far in breaking the rock down with everything that he had remembered from his time abroad. Clinching his fist once more, he brought his hand up and launched a right cross as hard as he could. As his knuckle skid across the surface of the boulder, he looked over to Raise.

"My idiot pupil jsut missed again!" He yelled as he erupted into laughter. "How did you manage that? Its a huge freaking boulder for Christs sake!" 

"Its all good Raise... I was just testing to make sure you were still paying attention." The young warrior stated, trying to play off the fact that he had missed the gigantic rock in as an act. 

<Battle Engaged>

Rock HP: 4/50

ID: 51209
BD: 1= +2HM & +1LM Next roll

Edited by Lawfer

Taking a deep breath in through his nostrils, Lawfer focused at the task at hand. It was time to finish off this crazy quest and get back to normal everyday life. Stepping forward once more with his lead foot, the blue eyed spear man lost his footing. As he tumbled forward, as his hand fumbled on the boulder, his forehead made direct contact. The impact caused the boulder to crack further and split completely in two.

"Bahahahahahhahah!!!! Is that even possible!" Raise yelled as he dropped his flask and raced over to the swollen headed spear man. "Well thats definitely a way to use your head, I mean you must be dense to be able to pull that one off!

<Battle Engaged>
Lawfer HP: 80/80 +2HM & +1LM this roll
Lawfer EN: 14/20

Rock HP: 0/50

ID: 51210
BD: 7= 4+2hm=6DMG

Edited by Lawfer

As Lawfer laid there unconscious from his head splitting the massive boulder. His mind drifted back to when he was in Thailand. The golden haired spear-man had felt being knocked unconscious before, is time training briefly in Puhket caused him to be sprawled out in the ring multiple times.

"Lawfer.... Get up man! you have three more rounds..." The familiar sound of his training partner Mo rang in his ears. "Stand up..." As the spearman came to, he felt as if he was in a daze... "You took right kick to head... You went down like potatoes." The broken English of the stout Thai trainer was amusing to the blue-eyed Lawfer. "This isn't right... I was just punching a boulder..." He commented back to the thai's comments. "What you talk about?... You crazy.. Put the hands up.." The Thai replied with a heavy laugh. "I'm not supposed to be here..." Lawfer commented as he looked around... 

Meanwhile, Raise was standing over the unconcious Lawfer, grabbing his leg he pulled him away from the giant boulder that had been split in too. "At least the markings on his face are gone." Raise stated as he lifted his flask to his mouth and sipped on the alcohol inside. "Guess i'll have to carry him back."

'Am I dreaming...' Lawfer thought to himself as he looked around the familiar gym that he spent a month or so at. Nothing had changed even though he knew the small gym had closed down. "Heads up." The Thai yelled as he lifted his leg and tried for another head kick on the blonde haired man. Raising his left arm and covering his head, Lawfer leaned into the kick to dissipate the damage. "Good. Good, Again." Mo yelled as he placed kicked with the opposite side, and Lawfer reacted accordingly. "Mo! Hold on a minute." He said as he circled out away from the Thai. "It's good to see you again."  Lawfer stated with a smile. "What you mean... You go to sleep now you miss me? You weird man."

After dragging Lawfer away from the boulder, the drunken Raise laughed as he grabbed the spearman's wrists, then pulled him up and slung him over his shoulder. "Youre way too heavy... Maybe i'll put you on a diet when you come to." Raise stated with disdain as he stood. "I'll make sure to run up the tab super high tonight if you make me carry you too long."

• 2 weeks later...

Lawfer was shocked, was all of Aincrad a Dream? 'Nah it couldnt have been. I lack the imagination to think up everyone that I did.' The spearman thought to himself as he fired a right body kick at his training partner. "Oh so you come alive!" Mo remarked as he blocked the body kick and returned a left hook that was blocked by Lawfer. "Mo... Lets stop man..." the golden haired man stated as he circled out and lowered his hands. "I need to wake up now." He continued as he felt his consciousness returning to him. "It was good seeing you friend."

"Lawfer Wake up!" Raise yelled as he tossed the unconscious Lawfer to the ground.

As the golden haired spearmans body hit the ground, he winced and woke up. The drop caused the reboot to his system he needed to come out of his comatose state. "I'm up ! I'm up!" The spearman yelled as he snapped to, grabbing his lower back as he stood, he turned his attention to Raise. "What the heck happened! Did I break the boulder." LAwfer asked Raise in an alarmed state. "Yeah you did good Lawf. You used your head for a critical hit... I was actually quite impressed." Raise commented as he shook his head. "I carried you quite aways, but you finished the quest up. How's your head feeling?" the mentor asked as a laugh erupted.

Lawfer laughed after hearing what had transpired between him and the great boulder. "Well its a good thing i finished the mission then. How far did you carry me?" He asked curiously. The dragoon had not known how long he had been out, but it was indeed time to head back. Raising his right hand, he noticed that a new skill had made its way into his interface. "Looks like I got all the perks of the quest. You ready to head back Raise?" Standing up, the golden haired dragoon stood on wobbly legs. 'Guess i still have some cobwebs to shake out.' He thought to himself. "You've been out for about an hour, we've got a little ways still to go until we reach town and I'm out of booze. So lets get going." The older Raise commented as he shook his head after looking in his inventory. "You owe me top shelf tonight."

As the two began walking, Lawfer slipped back into thought. 'Its strange how I thought of Mo. I mean I havent seen the guy in forever but for some reason the trianing made me remember when I was back there. This place sure is strange. Who would have thought that Aincrad would still allow our memories to run wild.' Turning his head to his mentor Raise, he watched as the man walked perfectly forward. "Raise... How is it that you drunk so much and yet you can still function perfectly?" He asked, still confused about how the man would be able to keep it all together. 

"Lawfer... When you drink as much as I used to... This digital [censored] doesnt even phase you. Have you noticed how you have to drink way more here? Well thats because the effect isn't biological... so as long as your mind knows it isn't real... your set." He said and concluded it with a laugh. "Are you serious?" The Dragoon replied with a confused look written all over his face.

"Nah... I'm Just messing with you... Even I dont know how I can drink this much... All I know is that it is tastey."