[PP-F9] Power Levelling Act 2- Blazing Fury <Guardian of Fire> (Ssendom, Greg).

Greg was feeling pleased about the success of levelling in the previous quest and wanted to continue speeding things along. Thus, he opted to take on the quest <Guardian of Fire> this time, seeing as it granted the most SP of any quest that didn't have too large a risk of death. It also helps that the mobs shown in the quest, the Hellhound itself included, are all relatively easily dispatched. They needed to kill three Hellhounds per player, which, with Greg and Ssendom doing this quest as a two-man unit, meant 6 hounds in total. Then there was the three-headed Cerberus. Assuming they find another advanced Dungeon, Greg would obtain an absolutely massive 7 SP from this quest. It also helped that Greg was immune to the heat damage due to having the <Survival> skill.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dom was leaning on a rock that protruded from the ground like a massive claw that sat right outside the town where Greg was obtaining the quest from, there wasn't really much Dom could do at the current moment besides wait since he was no longer welcome in the city due to the guards themselves. Shrugging his shoulders and yawning, "Man, that was a great run for materials. I need to do that some more, over fifty materials. Man helping this boy out and garnered me a huge catch up on my materials I owe Ariel. Atleast one more run and I'll be overly caught up with the woman." He chuckled, then dropped his inventory menu and brought out the Information Broker's book and got to reading whilst he continued to wait.

Greg came out to the city and approached Ssendom. "Alright, I'm good to go!" He explains to the Berserker, giving him a thumbs up as he explains the plan. "Since the Hell Hounds we have to kill are fairly weak, only having 30 HP. I can actually down them in one hit by using one of my stronger Sword Arts. Only once, though, as Sharp Nail still takes too much Stamina for me to use twice without a period of rest." He explains. "After that, there's Cerberus. Should be easy enough." Greg quips.

Dom shrugged, "You took your sweet ol' time." He chuckled with the Hydra Skull still having been set to invisible he grinned alongside his chuckle. "Honestly it doesn't matter the strength of the enemies, as long as I get the materials from all this exploration with you, I don't care if we have to take down a literal god... Since I am not opposed to fighting pretty much anything." He laughed as he brought out the Information Broker's Handbook, he flipped to a particular page and read aloud "Dom the God of Farming. Also a new entry over the past week, I have recently been informed that I am the god of sub-dungeon delving. None have found as many as myself, well I'll be they probably already know that I am doing dungeons and fighting with you." He thought for a second and chuckled a third time, "Smile for the camera."

"Well, let's get to work, because there are the first Hell Hounds!" Greg said, pointing towards four rather angry-looking Hellhounds. Drawing his sword, He moves towards them and begins attacking! He attempts to strike at the Hell Hounds using <Sharp Nail>, thrusting his blade towards the hounds!

ID: 51926

BD 3: Miss!

Greg's thurst goes wide just a bit. In response, the hellhounds attempt to mob Greg and tear into him by biting him!

MD 5-3=2: Miss!

Their attacks go wider than Greg's, and they completely miss their target. Greg is annoyed at his terrible luck. "What next, these things managing to crit me?!" Greg yells to nobody in particular.

Greg: 72/72 HP, 17/18 EN.

Hell Hounds 1-4: 30/30 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Dom felt like letting Greg handle the Hell Hounds, Dom wanted bigger fish to get his hands on materials. He looked around until he found some Fire Giants Patrolling in their exact direction. The creatures themselves were far too powerful to Greg to handle by himself, so Dom took the time to sauntered toward them with Despair already in his hand ready to fight, "You deal with the Quest Hounds, they don't provide me with materials if I kill them. Their level is too weak for me to even bother with them!' He shouted back toward the blonde haired boy.

As the first Giant threw a blazing fist at the Berserker he effortlessly dodged it then annihilated the entire group of Fire Giants, and out dropped a unique looking item. As he picked it up and looked at the information, "Hum, never seen this drop off an enemy before. Now I've seen two things that are highly unlikely to drop, the Glort Mini Toy and this Dimensional Pouch." He said outloud, audible enough to be heard by Greg, he shrugged and walked over to the boy nonchalantly swinging his massive blade around loosely with the hilt inbetween his index and middle finger.

ID: 51930 MD: 7-2
ID: 51931 BD: 8+3=8(11) LD: 20+6=26

Dom: 198/198
   20/43 Energy -12 +1

Fire Giant 17-20 96/96 24 MIT - (20*6=120-22=96)

Total Mats: 3840 Col | 8 Mats | Dimensional Pouch 

Edited by Ssendom

Greg nodded at Dom's request before, before trying <Sharp Nail> again and rushing the Hellhounds. He was going to hit this time, damn it! 

ID: 51936

BD 2: Miss!

Greg's attack went even wider than before. Greg groaned. "Not this again..." referring to his absolutely sucky luck at actually hitting things with an attack. Shaking his frustration off, he prepares to evade the attacks of the hellhounds, who try to bite him once again.

MD 6-3=3: Miss!

Greg once again succeeds in evading the attacks of the oncoming horde of fire-dogs. The two sides were currently at a stalemate. Greg needed to break it soon, before his stamina ran dry.

Greg: 72/72 HP, 16/18 EN.

Hellhounds 1-4: 30/30 HP.

Dom looked back at Greg who seemed like he was having a bit of difficulty with hitting the enemy hell hounds, just as Dom was gonna destroy the group of hounds for him, he noticed another group of Fire Giants heading up toward Greg's location. Dom sighed, "God what is it with the mob spawning in these locations, they're just playing frustrating." He told himself as he darted forward lunging over Greg and the group of Hell Hounds in a single vault, tumbling back onto his feet to continue his momentum as though the action was intended.

As he reached the Fire Giants, he didn't even give the creatures a chance to act as he immediately obliterated them with his Fight Blade Sword Art holding back his energy. After the enemies were decimated he looked back over at Greg, "Come on boy, we don't have the time to dilly dally with our food." He chuckled as he lightly insulted the boy but in good humor to ease the mood in the air of him having to battle the hell hounds while having difficulty doing so.

ID: 51950 BD: 4+3=7 LD: 18+6=24

21/44 Energy -12 +1

Fire Giant 17-20 96/96 24 MIT - (20*6=120-22=96)

Total Mats: 7680 Col | 16 Mats | Dimensional Pouch 

Edited by Ssendom

This was going nowhere, and Greg didn't like that. He wanted these stupid Hellhounds dead, damn it! He once again lunges using <Sharp Nail>!

ID: 51951

BD 3: Miss!

His attack once again misses, as he looks to see only two of the Dogs lunging at him. Were they taunting him?! Either way, Greg prepared to move...

MD 10: Super Critical! +2 Damage! (18+2-7)*2=26 Damage total!

Greg grimaces as the bites do actually hit him for once, as he wasn't fast enough. His health bar drops to the yellow zone.. Greg was thankful, at least, that all four of them didn't attack him at that moment. If they did, he would've died. That wasn't a thought he wanted to further explore. The hellhounds seemed weaker than normal Floor 9 Mobs, (Instead more being something which would be found on floor 6). which also helped Greg's case. Either way, he needed to back off, or he wouldn't get lucky a second time, and that would likely be the end of him. "Damn it! I could use some help here!" Greg called out. 

Greg: 46/72 HP, 15/18 EN.

Hellhounds 1-4: 30/30 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Dom noticed that Greg was having issues fighting the Hell Hounds, and the way it looked was that he took over half his health in a single multi strike from them. He tapped on his armor and out shot a purple flaming phoenix whelp in a majestic fashion leaving a streak of purple fire that slowly dissipated in it's wake. Dom pointed to the boy, "Amethyst, he is in Danger of Dying. You know what to do." He commanded the bird which darted forward at blinding speeds, breathing a purple flame upon the boy as it passed him.

The Boy's health replenished as as the fire dissipated from him, then the phoenix whelp landed on his shoulder and nuzzled it's face into Greg's as it was super happy to see another person. Dom had an anime cross popping veins appear on his head as Amethyst was choosing the worst possible time to be friend, "Damnit Amethyst, we're in the midst of combat! Don't be nuzzling his face while he is fighting!" He shouted at the phoenix who ignored him and continued to nuzzle.

+15 Hp to Greg.

Edited by Ssendom

Greg smiled as the Phoenix healed him. "Thanks!" He said, giving Dom a thumbs-up. He could miss four more times before being unable to one-shot these things. He just had to pray that he managed to hit before then. Greg lunged with <Sharp Nail> once again.

ID: 51955

BD 7: Hit! (6*3*2=36 Damage!)

Greg, getting sick and tired of these mutts, let out three powerful thrusts, skewering the four and causing them to disintegrate into little pixels. Greg let out a cry of "FINALLY!" while throwing his hands up in the air, before stopping and letting himself and his stamina regenerate.

Greg: 61/72 HP, 4/18 EN.

Hellhounds 1-4: DEAD (30-36=-6).

Edited by Greg Baxen

Dom sighed, "Damn boy, you're trying to get yourself killed or something. I wouldn't be able to collect on the materials if you kicked the bucket. Next time be smarter about your decisions." He stated simply, he then continued forward toward Cerberus's location, Greg was going to have to kill two more enemy hell hounds in order for Dom to take out the Cerberus. All Dom could think about was taking on the Advanced Sub-Dungeon after the boss since it provided no challenge to him, aside from the fact that the Advanced Sub-dungeon boss didn't even provide enough of a challenge to him. He shrugged his shoulders and kept walking.

Greg sighed. "I had a plan and then terrible luck messed it up, and now I've got to wait for myself to heal up and rest, so I can use <Sharp Nail> again. Without it, I can't take on the Hellhounds effectively." Greg replied, watching as his health and stamina went up. As he did this, he thought about why he was here and what he planned to do in the future. He resolved that no matter what, there was one thing he would make certain. "I WILL survive." he mutters to himself. He was going to have to wait, but it was better than charging in and getting killed.

Greg: 67/72 HP, 5/18 EN. (2 posts to full EN).

Dom had been thinking to himself, he had been formulating a plan. Getting a message from one of his ex-guild members and his friend over the loot he had obtained utilizing a new farming style. Dom's eyes buldged out, "Holy freakin' Banana's! I HAVE to get that!" He shouted to himself. To turned his attention to Greg, "Alright boy, we're kicking this into high gear now. I have a new farming style I need to utilize and NOW." He shouted in excitement toward Greg. He then darted toward the direction of more enemy mobs. Needing to get through the quest Cerberus and find the sub-dungeon to maximize his exp intake.

All Greg could mutter as Dom just charged headfirst was "God damn it..." before following the Berserker, but at a distance enough that he wouldn't draw aggro from mobs. He was still recovering from fighting those stupid Hellhounds and he needed a moment to regain his stamina. He watched as his HP returned to full. At least he was at full health again. That's a start, at least. In his head, Greg could imagine Ssendom yelling out "LEEROY JEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!" at the top of his lungs as he charged into the fray. Greg was tempted to groan, but decided not to.

Greg: 72/72 HP, 6/18 EN (1 Post to Full EN).

Dom wasn't in a Hesitating mood. And he didn't need to do much to kill the pointless hell hounds that littered the path toward the Quest Boss Cerberus. As he continued he wanted to kill the boss fast enough that he would be able to recover all of his energy before searching for the Advanced Sub-Dungeon that he was going to need from this world. Four Hell Hounds sat in his path but his energy had already fully recovered and he was going to expunge a huge amount on the boss alone and would need the recovery time afterwards. His sword glowed a light red as he slashed at them causing them to explode, Cerberus roared in the distance. To which Dom Charged at a full throttle speed.

ID: 52080 BD: 5+3-8 (Eruption)

Edited by Ssendom

Greg rolled his eyes as he saw Dom charge into the fray while he continued recuperating and staying out of combat until his energy was fully restored. Speaking of which... Greg looked up at his stamina gauge and lo and behold, he saw it filling up in front of him. Smiling, he got up and readied for combat, in case Cerberus tried to attack him over Dom. "There we go...!" He says quietly as he gets up. Now that he was rested he could fight again! 

Greg: 72/72 HP, 18/18 EN.

Activating his weaker AOE Sword Art a second time since he knew the one thing Cerberus lacked was Mitigation. He channeled his energy into the his sword unveiling the light red energy again then proceeded to deliver the attack through the three heads immediately shattering the giant dog into thousands of Data Particles, he then turned to look at Greg and chuckled, "And that's how easy it is to do a quest as the Berserker." His chuckle now turning into a full blown laughter.

ID: 52086 BD: 7 CD: 12 LD: 7+6=13

31/44 Energy -8 +1 (Eruption)

Cerberus Heads 1-3 - (27*3=81)

Total Mats: 8805 Col | 19 Mats | Dimensional Pouch 

Edited by Ssendom

"Well, yeah, Unique Skills make pretty much everything but Bossfights a Cakewalk.Greg quipped. "At least that's what I'm assuming judging by how powerful you and Zelrius are." Greg added, before beginning to think. He thought about it for a moment. Unique Skills seemed to give unique Sword Arts to their wielders, judging by the single skill Greg saw of Zelrius' <Dual Blades> skill. He figured that the Berserker would also have powerful Sword Arts at his disposal, too, aside from the regular Two-Handed Straight Sword Arts that were available to all players.

Dom looked at Greg, "I never utilize the unique sword arts that come from Berserker. I already know that this skill is more of a curse than it is a blessing." He said honestly toward the boy, but vague enough that left inference that he wasn't going to elaborate on it, "And regardless of the Unique Skills, me and Zelrius are at the top of our game because we're constantly pushing one another to reach bigger and better heights of strength. We're going to keep fighting on the Front Lines until it takes our life... Literally." He explained to the boy of why their power levels were vastly different from much of the other front liners, and the excuse didn't come out to the unique skills they had though it held a point in the reasoning they were so stronger.