[PP-F9] Power Levelling Act 2- Blazing Fury <Guardian of Fire> (Ssendom, Greg).

Greg thought about it. "Yeah, there is that. A very good point you've made just there. But Unique skills do come with their innate advantages as well, on top of the Sword Arts they give." Greg elaborated. "I mean, if the Berserker skill didn't give you ANYTHING but Sword Arts that you didn't use, why would you even have it in the first place?" Greg continued. "With Zelrius' <Dual Blades> case, it seems he benefits from both weapons' stat bonuses. I'm not sure what  <Berserker> gives, but it's definitely got a passive bonus if my theory is correct." Greg stated, coming from personal experience of being promptly hurled into a nearby wall by Zelrius' <The Eclipse> Sword Art. How he survived that, even with the Arena's 200 Overhealth, he'll never know. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dom looked at Greg first before he would begin hunting for materials in the nearby area, "Well, the reason why I haven't utilized the sword arts from Berserker is because it's an entirely different beast from Zelrius's Dual Blades. It does come with it's own passive ability, when ever I deal damage to enemies I recover a portion of that damage in health." He explained to him abruptly stopping there in the sentence since more information would be volatile to give instead of being helpful, only Dom understood just how poisonous of a skill it truly was. Dom looked over the edge of a cliff to see a hole of some sort in the middle of a massive river of Lava, using his judgement and seeing a monster inside of it from such a distance Dom immediately realized that was a hell of a sub-dungeon, "Let's do this!" He shouted in a chaotic Glee as he lunged himself off the cliff toward the river of lava would have seemed, but easily making the jump into the sub-dungeon.

ID: 52096 LD: 16+6=22 (Advanced Sub-Dungeon Found)

Edited by Ssendom

Greg nodded. "So it does make doing quests like these either. Recovering health on hit makes me think that it refers to a Berserker's 'bloodlust' in a sense." Greg stated. "Could be being more prone to violence be a side effect of the Berserker skill? It would make sense..." Greg mused. He then saw Dom leap into a sub-dungeon in the middle of a river of lava. Greg rolled his eyes. "Talk about turning up the heat..." He deadpanned, before following the battle-hungry Berserker.

He awaited the the boy to follow him, he didn't really listen to Greg as he hopped down as it was probably some banter about how the Berserker skill works or something of the sort since he heard the word come out of the boy's mouth again during the descent. It didn't take that long for Greg to land in the Sub-Dungeon, looking on into it. there were waterfalls of Lava of both sides with Lava Guardian Elemental's standing in the way of Dom and his goal which was the Advanced Sub-Dungeon Boss of this 9th floor dungeon, he looked at Greg, "You ready? Cause I plan to go ham." He chuckled saying.

Greg nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready. You want to go ham? Then go ham all you like." Greg said. "Not that I could stop you anyway, I'm only level 18." He quipped. "I'll just stand back here and pick off any weaker mobs that show up. That way we can take down more enemies quicker and beat this boss much faster." Greg told the Berserker. "And I am fully healed from that close encounter with those stupid Fire Dogs, so I should be okay for now." He finishes.

Dom annihilated the first group of Elemental Guardians he came up to, without hesitating he launched forward again as he did the first time when he approached the first group. These were even easier than the mobs he dealt with on the fourth floor. He had a determination and a conviction to utilize a new farming strategy to reach absurd levels of richness. There was nothing that was gonna stop him at this rate. Not Greg, Not the Azure Brigade, Not even the Games System itself. Dom was determined now.

ID: 52112 BD: 10

Dom: 198/198
   38/44 Energy -6 (Eruption)

Elemental Guardian 1-4 36/36 HP 9 MIT - (34*3=102)

Total Mats: 8805 Col | 19 Mats | Dimensional Pouch 

Edited by Ssendom

'Welp' was Greg's only thought as Dom just tore through the enemies like they were nothing. Greg decided he himself would try to contribute more and engaged a different set of Elemental Guardians. Greg's mind set in gear. 'These things have 9 Mitigation and 36 HP. My strongest AoE Sword Art is <Lightning Fall>, which does 42 damage, meaning it'll do 33 to these guys... dang it! Just short!' Greg thought to himself. He may as well make things easier for Dom to finish by attacking them anyway. He performs the motions for <Lightning Fall>! 

ID: 52127

BD 5: Miss!

The sparking electricity just misses the targets. "Argh, that didn't work..." Greg mutters. The Elemental Guardians retaliated by attempting to hurl fireballs at Greg! 

MD 4-3=1: Miss!

The fireballs fizzle out long before reaching Greg, causing him to chuckle.

Greg: 72/72 HP, 17/18 EN.

Elemental Guardians 1-4: 36 HP, 9 Mit.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Dom wasn't relenting even though Greg was having a little bit of issue. Apparently the boy wouldn't have the ability to destroy a group with a single attempt in an attack. Dom just went to cleaning the fields destroying another four mobs reaching the number killed to eight. Only seven more would need to be slain before they could attempt the boss. He didn't even look back to see if Greg was holding up alright, Dom just continued forward without a second thought.

ID: 52128 BD: 7

33/44 Energy -6 +1 (Eruption)

Elemental Guardian 1-4 36/36 HP 9 MIT - (34*3=102)

Edited by Ssendom

Greg sighed. He was gonna have to try to destroy these things before they could cause him any serious harm. He attempted <Lightning Fall> again. The gears in his mind were once again working. 'Even though <Lightning Fall> won't one-shot, it'll leave these jerks with 3 HP, enough for me to take down with <Rage Spike> exactly. And if this hits, I'll have enough energy to use it instantly afterwards. If not, I'll have to wait a turn extra for each miss.' Greg thought to himself.

ID: 52129

BD 7: Hit!

Greg's electricity field zaps the Elemental Guardians. 'Good!' Greg thought. 'Now I just have to follow up with <Rage Spike>!' He thought, but while he was stuck in his thoughts, the mobs decided to try and strike again!

MD 3-3=0: Miss!

The fireballs go so far wide they couldn't hit Greg if he tried to get hit by them!

Greg: 72/72 HP, 4/18 EN.

Elemental Guardians 1-4: 3/36 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Dom completely annihilated a 3rd group of four enemy elemental guardians then looked back at Greg, "Come on, take care of them already. We have a boss to take out already." He laughed out loud somewhat mocking the boy slightly as he slowly walked up to the group of enemies he was fighting. He was surprised the boy was gonna fight these since they were stronger than the hell-hounds and those almost killed him even though they had no mitigation. But he was somewhat impressed that the boy still didn't lack conviction.

ID: 52130 BD: 6+3

28/44 Energy -6 +1 (Eruption)

Elemental Guardian 1-4 36/36 HP 9 MIT - (34*3=102)

Edited by Ssendom

"I'm trying! I just need to make sure I hit. Problem being that terrible luck dictates that I won't." Greg called back. He was going to take these down, damn it! He readies <Rage Spike>, which, as he worked out earlier, will deal the exact amount of damage to reduce the health of these stupid mobs to 0. He lunges!

ID: 52132

BD 2: Miss!

Greg almost trips over his own feet while lunging, and it results in his attack going wide! The Elemental Guardians attempt to capitalize on this...!

MD 2-3=-1: Miss!

They're in such a formation that the fireballs of one Elemental Guardian hit each other! It did no damage but it did lead to a funny moment with them fumbling about trying to get up as they were knocked over by each other's fireballs. Greg chuckled at this. Unfortunately, he had to wait before he could use <Rage Spike> again.

Greg: 72/72 HP, 3/18 EN.

Elemental Guardians 1-4: 3/36 HP. 9 Mit.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Dom decided to watch and see how Greg would handle himself against the group of enemies. That and the berserker needed to recover as much of his energy as possible in order to deal with the Sub-Dungeon Boss that resided at the end of the dungeon. Piercing the Greatsword Despair into the ground and leaning on it's hilt, he watched amused seeing the boy toil and have issues fighting some of the weakest mobs Dom had ever taken his great blade against.

29/44 Energy +1

Edited by Ssendom

Greg opted to wait for a moment to recover his energy so he could unleash <Rage Spike> again, due to this being the most cost-effective action. With that being said, Greg simply prepares to avoid any incoming attacks, like the ones the Elemental Guardians were sure to throw his way.

ID: 52208

BD 2 Ignored

MD 1: Critical failure...

Or so he thought? The Elemental Guardians were too busy bickering over the whole fireball incident to pay attention to Greg at all. This brought a few chuckles out, before Greg regained his composure.

Greg: 72/72 HP, 4/18 EN.

Elemental Guardians 1-4: 3/36 HP. 9 Mit.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Dom looked up at the time in the upper right hand corner, Greg was taking his sweet ol' time with the enemies. The Berserker would await for the boy to actually hit a snag of danger, but the enemies he was against were having trouble hitting the boy as well. So he yawned and simply watched one of the most boring fights in his life. The elementals were slightly entertaining over their argument about knocking themselves onto the rectums, but for actual combat Greg was having an increasingly difficult time just winning a simple fight, "You know... I think I left the stove on." He told to himself looking up at the ceiling which had lava droppings.

Greg wasn't gonna waste this chance. He had recovered enough stamina to waste these things with <Sharp Nail>, and that's exactly what he was gonna do! Greg lunges, ready to stab these things to death!

ID: 52688

BD 7: Hit!

The spirits were dead before they even knew what hit 'em. Greg sheathes his sword. "This run has been frustrating so far, mostly due to terrible luck. I really need THAT to change soon." He mutters, once again complaining about his abysmal luck.

Elemental Guardians: DEAD.

Greg: 72/72 HP, 1/18 EN.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Dom laughed as his energy finished recovering to the maximum it allowed, "You need to practice on your accuracy. Precision is key." He stated in a jokingly informative way, putting a pun on the precision mod skill. Once he had finished joking he turned around toward the boss doors which were slowly opening to a stairwel with no walls that oversaw a pool of Lava. Shrugging his shoulders he ascended the stairs to a platform that was a massive Circular Ring with a huge hole in the middle, "Nothing like an Event fight to get the blood pumping." He laughed out loud.

"Believe me, I intend to raise my Accuracy at the first possible instance." Greg stated.  "Although given my Luck I'd still probably miss somewhat often." he said. "Did I tell you about this one time I missed Avalanche 9 times straight? That's how bad my luck is. I kid you not, it actually happened." Greg asked, trying to keep the mood light while still complaining about his terrible luck, as he followed Dom up the stairs. Looking towards the boss, Greg shrugged his shoulders. "I guess you do your thing right here?"

Dom listened as the boy began to prattle on a light amount about how shotty his luck is, the more Dom listened the more it made him think that Greg was quite the inadequate combatant. But he kept listening on acting as though his thoughts were completely agreeing with the boy. But it was high time for the battle to begin and the boy understood it. The lava began to rise as both had made it up the stairs. The lava consumed the rocky incline and all the way up until it was just under the circle platform the boy and the Berserker stood upon. From the center emerged a massive lava colossus that had 4 faces upon it's head and 8 arms, two in each direction of each face.

Dom chuckled, "This is indeed true, this is where I take over. Just make sure to dodge his attacks." He exclaimed to the boy. The boss brought all 8 hands to the circle and began to spew a stream of violent flying lava. It just so happened his hand placement barely missed both Dom and Greg. To retaliate, the Berserker slammed his sword with Cataclysmic Strength destorying over 2/3rds of the Bosses maximum health, "Just don't die, he does a constant AOE!" He shouted over to Greg.

ID: 52698 BD: 8 MD: 3

Ssendom 278/278 HP 44/44 NRG

Incendius Core'othius 222/630 77 DMG -408 DMG

Edited by Ssendom

Greg had managed to avoid the attack just barely, and Greg decided that he didn't want that thing attacking again in the event that Dom missed. Sadly, he didn't have enough energy to stun the stupid foe, so all he could do was continue dodging. "You got it! If it takes too long, I'll hit it with a stunning Sword Art! That should work, right?" Greg asked, unsure of how to act here. He knew that dodging at all costs was his best bet at survival. Thankfully, he had a piece of equipment which made him BUILT for dodging attacks.

Greg: 72/72 HP, 2/18 EN.