[PP-F1] A Weasel's Instinct (Hakai)

Floor One... I had not been there in a long time. It was about time I payed it a visit. However, my time there did not go as I had expected. Of course, it began nice and peaceful, with me seated on a bench under the sun, until the furball in my lap leapt off all of a sudden, kicking me in the crotch as she did so. "Ouch! Ohh, goodness... thank you pain dampening..." I grunted, before running off after the weasel, darting through the city. "Hey! Hikari! Stop!" I shouted as I nearly collided eith various players. "That [censored]ing Weasel..." I growled, until finally the furry orange creature came to a halt, seating herself on the cobbles in front of a small female player. I scooped the animal up and looked the girl in the eyes. "I am terribly sorry, she kind of just bolted off without warning." I apologized, before hearing a growl coming from Hikari's throat, like an angry chihuahua. I gave her a sharp but gentle whap on the nose. "Sorry... she is not usually like this..."

Hakai glanced around floor one, frowning at how depressing the place was. She had heard that the eleventh floor was just another starting city, but more bright and beautiful. She had never been there, but she really wanted to, especially it it got her out of this place of hopelessness and misery. Half the people on this floor were still level ones, having given up on doing anything in the game. She heard a growl coming from beneath her feet, and she glanced down, staring at the weasel that apparently had something against her. "Don't worry about it. Weasels are always cute, even when their angry." She said, tentatively reaching a hand out in an attempt to pet the familiar.

I smiled when the girl commented on weasels being cute. "You hear that, Hikari? She thinks you are cute." I teased the weasel, but her focus was locked onto the female before me. When she reached out to pet the horned weasel, Hikari snapped and tried biting her finger, and I pulled her back to my side. "Hey! What is wrong with you, you silly animal?" I scolded Hikari, giving her a light smack on the nose and placing her to my coat pocket, where she guiltily slunk in, still growling at the two of us. "Again, terribly sorry about that. I... guess I should introduce myself, since we are now acquainted. My name is Grave..." I introduced myself with a bow. "I know, ironic name for this game, but I can assure you, I am a lot lore fun than the name suggests!" I explained with a chuckle, before frowning. "Well... not when I am in a sour mood because of a particular animal..."

• 2 months later...

Hakai smiled again as the weasel tried to bite her. "Its fine. You should be flattered that Hikari is so territorial about you, it shows that she cares about you a lot." Hakai replied, reminded of her girlfriend Sierra. The weasel was acting just like Sierra did whenever someone flirted with her. Of course, Hakai never minded being flirted with and always had to reign Sierra in when she tried to start fights over her. "Im Hakai, nice to meet you Grave. Im sure theres an interesting story behind that username." She stated. "I just used my real name, although I suppose thats a pretty bad idea with all the internet predators out there and all of that."

I sighed when the girl commented on Hikari being territorial and I scoffed. "Territorial? I think she just feels in a bitchy mood today." I grumbled, and the weasel released what sounded like a hiss from my pocket. "The pleasure is mine, Hakai. There is not much of a story, I just felt it sounded cool, and it had an ironic twist with my personality... who knew I could have foreseen how much my name fits the situation?" I explained with a light chuckle, scratching the back of my head. "Oh? Well, I am damn well sure you are not the only one. There are sure to be many players on here that used their real name, or at least a portmanteau." I assured the girl, waving her uncertainty off. "Anyway, what were you planning on doing today? I was just about to leave and go explore the wilderness some."

Edited by Grave
  • 1 month later...

Hakai nodded to Grave. He probably knew his familiar better than she did. She thought about what she had planned, but came up with nothing. She hadnt really been planning to do anything in particular, except maybe meet some peopple or goo out and grind for skill points. "I dont have any plans, I usually just go with the flow. Icould accompany you out if youd like. Im always looking to level up." She replied with a smile, a hand dropping to her claws in their sheathes at her sides. "I'm pretty well equipped as you can proably see."

I chuckled when the girl said she had no plans, and I smiled. "I would love some company into the wilderness. I am sure you would be a pleasure to have along." I complimented the girl, turning to face the large, bustling street that led to the gate to the outside. My eyes returned to look at the sets of blades upon the girl's sides and I gulped momentarily. "Wow... claws, huh? Bit of a femme fatale, eh?~" I teased with a chuckle, accompanied with my trademark wink.