[PP/-F9] Testing one's mettle <<The iron guardian>> (Mack)

Magda smiled when Xion revealed that Mack wasn’t quite his type.  She silently mused that her brother was just too manly based on what he said. Well that’s how she interpreted it anyway. She walked along quietly while they spoke, but when Xion addressed her again she turned and looked. “Well of course I will be and consider me your rival tank,” she said with playful nudge of her elbow.  As for killing this boss,” she commented while she brought her hammer off of her shoulder and brought it to bear. “Let’s do this!” She grew quiet again when Mack started to give him some tips not looking like a girl but his voice trailed off when what she could only guess was the “boss” spawned off ahead of them. Of course her brother charged it first shortly after it spawned. However, not before he took the time to remind her that she’d die a quick death at its hands.

After he’d unleashed a devastating assault that all but killed the thing he announced that it was time to come out and play. A wide grin spread across her face as she readied her hammer but failed to react before Xion had rushed in and she offered him a bemused look. “Gah I was too slow,” she muttered as she rushed in behind him. The boss was left ripe for the picking by his attack to its knee and Xion even announced that fact with a grin. His grin was met with a grin of her own as she ran in. Her hammer was held low and it started to emit a crimson light. Her hammer scrapped across the ground and her shield arm was raised in case this thing decided to attack. The instant she was within range her hammer swept up and slammed into the side of her opponent's head. She wasn't done though. Even as the Iron Guardian started to fall her hammer was carried around over her head so she could sweep it around for another attack. It slammed into the Iron Guardian's head a second time. She felt the sting of its Thorns but it wasn't long before her health replenished itself. She truly loved the gear Mack had made her and it brought a genuine smile to her face.

The Iron Guardian continued to fall as its body fell apart and showered the area with blue shards of data. She wasn't happy she was only able to finish it off but she still felt rather exhilarated at having been given the chance to participate.

ID:54012; LD: 9
BD: (5 +1)=6

Mack: 132/137 (5/33) [HATE: 3] 
Magda: 20/20 (3/5) [Upper Swing](-4 thorns +9 regen[12 CD]) [HATE: 1]
Xion: 68/72 (15/18) [HATE: 1] 

Iron Guardian: /225 [Upper Swing: 3(2x1)=6 DMG] [Stunned]

Edited by Magda

OOC: If you want my help with the Broker, I need three rounds to replenish my energy reserves.

+1 Energy, out of combat.

"It's kind of handy, having a pair of faithful and loyal attack dogs," Mack rumbled, seating himself on the ground. With the Iron Knights and Iron Guardian having been defeated the only thing left to do was to wait for the supposedly, but not really, a real person Broker to come huffing along and demand that Xion hand over the Banner of Support. "I think I'll call you Red," Mack continued, his eye peeking at his health and energy bars as he pointed at Magda, "And you can be Butch, or maybe Rover," he continued, leveling a finger in Xion's direction. "Of course, this quest isn't over yet. Pull up a seat, we have to wait on the Broker to arrive and Xion, check your inventory to make sure you've got the Banner of Support now. You should have it."

Xion chuckled as he watched Magda eagerly finish of the Iron guardian with a brutal blow from her hammer, it was interesting to see a rather unused style up close. "Very good Magda, you're brsver than most low levelled players I'll give you that" he said with a smile as the <<banner of support>> was deposited into his inventory, the tank sighing as he sat down In a position similar to that of a Heide knight from dark souls 2 (if you've played it). 

"And Mack" he said with a grin "we're not attack dogs, and even then why does Magda get Red while I'm butch or rover?" The tank said jokingly, nodding when the Crimson haired behemoth asked about the banner of support. "It's in there, saying that do you think it would be useful in a boss raid? I'm less than 10 levels away from tier 2 now, so I'm definitely in the next boss raid if o don't make it into this one" 

Magda’s expression shifted as she turned to face her brother. “Did you just call me a dog?” She stood over him while he sat on the ground and allowed her the head of her hammer to dip towards the ground. Her eyes only grew wide when he called her Red and she started to say something before he called Xion either Butch or Rover. She looked over towards Xion in an attempt to conceal her amusement and at least look a little serious. When he said the quest wasn’t over though that drew a look of interest from the red-haired woman. “Right the broker,” she said suddenly. She’d totally forgotten about that guy having gotten too caught up in their quest. When Xion commented that she was braver than most low-leveled players she just flashed him a grin.

When her fellow Tank questioned the arrangement of nicknames she just shook her head so that her hair flailed about then sat down on the ground with her hammer resting across her knees. The revelation that Xion was only ten levels away from being able to fight during the next boss raid perked her ears right up. “Oh?” Fighting on the front-lines was something she’d gained a lot of interest in doing. "One day soon I'll be joining you two there." Magda flashed men a wide smile and let out a low sigh.

OOC: +1 Energy, out of combat.

"Yes, in this instance you are both my brave attack dogs, inspired by my feats of strength and bravery you fight at my side. I do all the work, and you all get the table scraps from Master's Table," Mack replied, flopping onto his back and staring up at the sky. It wasn't an unfair analogy, at least not at this particular point. "I'm keeping my Banner of Support at ready in the next boss raid on fifteen," he said with a shrug. "A nice twenty HP healing boost is nothing to sneeze at, even if the banner is a bit pricey to have to recharge as for you, sister mine... you'll have the best gear available and be properly leveled before you join any Boss Raid." Mack turned his head in Magda's direction and narrowed his eyes. "I get the feeling this boss on fifteen is going to try the Zerg Blitz on us, our tanks are going to be Heathcliff, Tristan, Macradon, and myself... it will be dangerous."

"Heathcliff?" Xion asked In surprise, he had seen the leader of KOB once before but he had never seen the man in battle, although he figured that his power must be incredible. "If I can get through some dungeons I can make it in time hopefully, do you think I'll be able to join this raid Mack...realistically...?" He asked, the frontlines had been the tank's one goal for a long time, it had once been within reach, but he had been stripped of his power due to a system rebalance. 

"And Magda...as your brother said don't join a raid before you're -00% sure that you're ready...two people died in the last one from what I heard...bosses are becoming stronger and more difficult to fight..."

I know I know,” she quickly replied as Mack made it clear that she wouldn’t be joining the frontlines until she was absolutely ready for it and not just in attitude. She frowned when Xion jumped in to help her brother express that point. Her expression darkened when her fellow Tank made mention of the two players that had died during the last boss raid. She’d heard about that but she didn’t push for too many details. “I don’t plan on joining anywhere until I am fully prepared to fill the role of a Tank and once I do I plan to help you in keeping people from dying,” she was quick to add in. Magda's expression softened whens he looked over towards Mack. "So the Commander will be joining in for this raid? He doesn't normally join in?" She noted the surprised tone in Xion's voice when he reacted upon hearing Heathcliff's name among the roster of Tanks. Her eyes focused on her hammer as she waited to hear their replies. Magda was determined to gain sufficient strength so she wouldn't always be left behind and she would see that goal accomplished.

OOC: 3 Turns out of Combat, will spawn the broker in my next post.

Mack shrugged his broad shoulders as he lay on his back and considered Xion's question. It was a fair question and, in general terms, the blonde was close to being front line ready. Somehow, though, Mack had his doubts that Xion would hit the required level and obtain gear that was good enough in time for the Boss Raid on fifteen. Sixteen seemed a much more realistic possibility. "I doubt it," he said finally. "The raid's coming up too soon, you're too far away, and as far as I know you don't have any tier two equipment at all. There is a silver lining, though. We'll see how things go, for both of you, over the next few days," he rumbled, sitting up. "As for the Commander, I've not seen him in any raids before. But, I also took a hiatus there for a bit and, to be honest, his skill set from what I hear wouldn't have been the most useful in the last raid."

Xion nodded in response to Mack's answer, the man was being realistic, the front lines moved fast nowadays, and making it to front line levels by the skin of your teeth wasn't enough. "Fair enough...but I'll definitely be in the floor 16 raid...too many floors have been cleared without my involvement, I'm a useless tank if im not fighting for our freedom" the blonde said, his tone serious and focused. "Let's just hope we don't have my more floor 14's...too many died from what I heard" he said before turning to Magda "I'm glad you have that mentality...people don't want to tank and thus they're in short supply, not to mention that too much credit is given to damage dealers, who would be dead without a firm wall of shields to hide behind " he said with a chuckle before returning to his normal position, all that he had to do now was wait. 

Magda listened to the two as they talked and only nodded when Mack talked about how he'd never seen the Commander participate in a raid before. Her brow furrowed slightly as she tried to work that out. As far as she knew the Knights of the Blood Oath were dedicated towards clearing out the floors. For their commander to demonstrate such inaction... well it just struck her as strange. Maybe the man was just really busy seeing to the needs of the guild. For a moment she considered asking Mack the reasoning behind his hiatus away from the front lines but decided to remain quiet on that. He certainly had his reason and it may not be one he was particularly fond speaking of. So she opted to remain silent and when Xion cut in about how he was glad that she had that mentality and why Magda grinned. "I don't need any recognition. I'll know what I accomplish and of course Mack would hear all about it after the fact." The way the damage dealers took all of the credit and no recognition went to those who backed them up wasn't an occurrence unique to SAO. Back in the real world when she fought professionally she'd witness plenty of fighters not give any credit to the teams that trained them or the manager that got them their fights. While it wasn't the same the basic concept was there. Suddenly she looked around and smirked. "This broker sure is taking his time isn't he?"

ID: 54336, 54337
BD: 7 - Mack
BD: 9 - Broker
CD: 1 (No Regen)
CD: 11 (+13 HP Healed)

[H: 2] Mack: 136/137 (21/33) [Dynamic Violence: 4x3x16=192 DMG] (Paralyzed) [51-74=1 DMG]
Magda: 20/20 (5/5)
Xion: 72/72 (18/18)
Broker: 21/200 [-192 DMG]

The sounds of a slow sarcastic clap filled the area as the portly Broker finally made his appearance, approaching the group. Within short order, the demand was made to hand over the Banner of Support. "For the third time, no," Mack replied, flipping the Broker the bird. When the Broker produced a knife and went after Magda, Mack shoved his twin out of the way and buried Invictus in the Broker's head. And chest, stomach, and back in very short order. Then the Broker wheeled and jabbed the knife into the hulking Blacksmith's chest. "Ow," Mack replied dryly. Then he tried to move and found he couldn't. "Paralocking? That's new, Xion I found your new BFF..."

ID: 54468

BD: 10 (Hit) 

Xion chuckled as he watched Mack flip the broker the bird as he demanded the banner of support, the giant blacksmith moving swiftly in order to protect his sister shortly after, his axe punishing the broker for his transgressions. While the blonde was smiling he was surprised to see that the broker had the ability to paralyse players, Mack even commented on it. "I'm sure we'll get along, the relationship between him and my spear will be intimate" he said before running towards the broker, his spear glowing a familiar yellow as he once again activated <<Maiming blow>> his spear piercing through both of the broker's knees, the man falling to the ground as his health was cut in half more or lesas. "Magda...here's your chance to have another killing blow if you can muster the strength" he said with a grin, confident that he was safe from the broker. 

Mack: 136/137 (21/33) [H:2]
Magda: 20/20 (5/5)
Xion: 72/72 (15/18) [H:3] (Maiming blow used, 2x1= 2x6= 12 DMG 
Broker: 9/200 [-12 DMG] [Stunned] 

The sound of someone clapping in a slow and deliberate manner drew Magda's gaze and she saw the broker enter the area and demand that the banner be handed over. Mack too exception to that obviously and the fool actually rushed her. A wide grin split her face as she readied her shield. "Bring it on you f..ugh!" Magda was suddenly pushed aside by her brother. When she hit the ground she quickly rolled with it and got back on her feet just in time to see Mack's axe cleave a huge portion of the Broker's health away. Her brow furrowed as she frowned. Mack wasn't moving and said something about the paralocking and the Broker being Xion's new BFF. "Paralocking?" Xion seemed to pick up on it as he made an innuendo about his spear and immediately attacked and left the battle open for Magda to make her attack. Her frown vanished as she grinned and rushed forward. The end of her hammer dragged along the ground as it lit up with a crimson light. "Take this!" Her hammer swept up and hit the Broker in the side of the head only to be swept around over her head and slammed into it again.

The redhead quickly jumped back to survey the devastation her attack had unleashed. "Well crap," she muttered when she realized the Broker still clung to life by a mere thread.

ID: 54511
BD: ( 9+1)=10 [Crit +1 Dmg] (Don't know if that upgrades to +2 dmg or not)
CD: 11

Mack: 136/137 (21/33) [HATE: 2] 
Magda: 20/20 (3/5) [Upper Swing] [HATE: 2] [Dmg: (3+1)(2x1)=8]
Xion: 72/72 (15/18) [HATE: 3] 

Broker: 1/200 [- DMG] [Stunned] 

Edited by Magda

ID: 54581, 54582
CD: 11 (+Regen)
LD: 5 (+0 HP Healed)

[H: 2] Mack: 137/137 (21/33) (Paralyzed) [+54 Regen]
[H: 2] Magda: 20/20 (5/5)
[H: 2] Xion: 72/72 (18/18)
Broker: 1/200 (STUNNED & PARALYZED)

"Uh, Xion... phrasing," Mack said when Xion indicated that his spear and the Broker were going to become very close friends. Meanwhile, Xion managed to paralock the Broker right before Magda followed it up with a completely unnecessary stunning strike that caused the Broker's eyes to cross as he flopped over on his back. "Alright, would you two quit screwing around and kill him already," the burly axe man asked. He would have crossed his arms over his chest, but he was still paralyzed. "Come on, faithful Red and Rover! I have milk bones for you back at the forge..."

ID: 55339

BD: 10 

Xion chuckled at Mack's reaction to his little comment, before watching Magda strike the broker with a sword art, bringing his HP to a sliver  as he lay on the floor incapacitated and unable to fight back. "I've said worse things around you mack" he said with a laugh before walking over to the limp form of the broker, looking down at him. "Nothing personal right? Just business" the tank quipped before raising his spear, driving the weapon vertically into the NPC's abdomen, electricity surging into his body before it exploded into blue shards of data. 

"Well, that was easy" he said as he turned to his comrades 

Magda grinned as Mack seemed to grow impatient for how long the fight was taking and even insinuated that they’d have “milk bones” when they got back to his forge. Her brother was really intent to take his joke about them being his dogs as far as he possibly could. The redhead turned and flashed her twin a wide grin. “Careful dear brother, if dogs are pushed too far they might just turn around and bite the hand that feeds them.” With another grin she turned around and lifted her hammer to prepare for another assault. She turned just in time to see Xion stick his spear into the NPC’s stomach while he was helpless upon the ground. When Xion expressed how easy that was to dispatch the NPC she just grinned and said, “Piece of cake!” The redhead rested her hammer back against her right shoulder. “So, what’s next?”

OOC: Xion, let me know if you're ready for this to be locked and I'll edit in the Thread Rewards and Lock it.

"Now, Sister mine," Mack rumbled, rolling his shoulders and neck around a bit to loosen them up as the paralysis effect from the Broker's weapon wore off as his body dissolved in a shower of pixels. "Now, we return to Vulcan Town and get this quest turned in. Then you all reap the nice XP and associated SP bonuses, Xion gets his Banner of Support, and we can all move on to whatever comes next." With a single fluid motion, Mack sheathed Invictus at his back and then wrapped his fingers around the white trimmed crimson hood of his guild cloak, not caring that it clashed magnificently with his equally red hair, pulling the hood up over his head and beginning to traipse back in the direction of town.

REWARDS:

+2 SP to Magda & Xion
+1 SP to Mack
+200 Col to Xion and Magda
+Banner of Support to Xion