[PP-F3] <<Worn Out Welcome>> Done Holding Back (Shira) [Complete]

Hataki was in the mood to explore that morning. Instead of taking the usual route to his shop, he took the roundabout, but a more interesting, one. One particular NPC shop caught his attention. The sign read, 'I craft your armour for FREE. Just give me the right material.' Amused, he walked into the shop to find Griswold and Hanna. The couple gave him a warm welcome. “Welcome! Welcome, my friend. What can I do for you?” Griswold inquired. “I’ll give you the mats and you will craft my armour for free?” Hataki asked, scepticism clear in his voice. “Yes! You are right. But… The catch is, I don’t craft with any material. Depending on your preference, I have a special ore or leather that I need before I can craft it for you. And a word of caution: those mats are sure to be protected by those pesky elves.” Oh… So, this is a quest? And he was right; a quest indicator popped up. “Alright…” He decided it’s about time he started doing these quests and focused on levelling up. Shira had been upset lately with his "too-safe" approach to this game and demanded some action. Well... If action is what she wants, action is what she shall get. Besides, she worked hard on these weapons; there is no point if it isn’t put to use. He tapped on the accept quest button and his quest log was updated.

Immediately after that, he sent a message to Shira:

To: Shira
Message: Found a quest we can do; not much danger. Meet me at the north gate. :)

Hataki then thanked Griswold and made his way to the north gate, where he would wait for Shira before proceeding.

Edited by Hataki

It had taken weeks for her brain to finally shut down. Though she had been getting adequate rest, one could assume it was easier staying 'awake' in the game, than it was humanly possible in the real world. But after the long weeks, finally even in game Shira succumbed to what seemed like a forced slumber. The inn's room was quiet and peaceful. Taking cue from Hataki's room, she too had asked for thick curtains to completely obliterate any light in the room, so that on an occasion like this, when she finally slept, nothing would disturb her. Nothing did disturb her, for a long time, till she heard the sharp prickly sound of a message notification.

"What the -" She said trying to put a pillow over her head. The sound echoed through the room again. She didn't know if she imagined it because the sound kept ringing in her ear, or did the game program actually insistently wanted to wake her up and made sure she read the message. The pillow was useless against it too, it did nothing to stop it from assaulting her senses. The dark haired girl squinted into her user interface, its brightness illuminating the otherwise dark room. She read the message Hataki sent and rolled her eyes. That guy will never change, still going for the safe crap. She thought. A part of her wanted to deny the offer and just go back to sleep, but then, dangerous or not, this was a quest... Since she still hadn't quite figured out the game mechanics, she did need Hataki for small things like these...

I'll be there.
Shira

She responded to his message and swiftly got ready for her first official thread, in all honesty she didn't think the 'Earning a Living' quest qualified and if Hataki dragged her on another quest like that, she would truly give him a piece of her mind. She made her way to the gate quickly spotting her friend at the threshold. "Hey." She said, not too brightly, after failing to stifle her yawn she looked at him and rubbed her eyes. "Sorry for the hold up. So what's the mission?" she asked.

Hataki stood there waiting for a response from Shira, which he got after a couple of minutes. A few more minutes and she was there, seemingly excited over the first combat mission. But of course, she doesn’t know the details yet. As usual, he greeted her cheerily, “Good morning… Sleep head,” he added after seeing her yawn and rub her eyes. “The mission is to kill a dark elf and bring the material it is guarding back to the armour smith in town. If we do that, he said he will craft us an uncommon armour of our choice. And here are the mob details. The information was available for free over the network,” he said, opening his menu and showing her the details of the <<Dark Elf>>.

<<Dark Elf>>
HP: 12
DMG: 9

“As you can see, it has no mitigation. So, with our new weapons, we have a chance of defeating it easily. However, exercise caution because its damage is 9. So, if it hits us twice, we are dead.” He didn’t want to scare her, but at the same time, he needed to emphasize on the gravity of the situation they are getting into. “Let’s go get this mission over with. The rewards are decent.”

“And Shira… Before we go, equip this.” He accessed his inventory and took out the Leather Jack of Retribution he had crafted that morning. “With that on, it shouldn’t be dealing much damage to you,” he said with a smile, handing the armour to her.

Edited by Hataki

The girl had thrown him a quick scathing look for calling her a sleepy head. Lately, their friendship had been going through its share of friction. Shira noticed that Hataki didn't take her small temper flares seriously, much to her annoyance. Once he explained the mission, Shira felt the dregs of slumber leave her virtual body. "Great! Finally I get to hack something again!" She said, feeling or rather imagining a surge of adrenaline through her veins. The brown haired boy mentioned a change in equipment before plunging into battle, for safety, of course Shira thought rolling her eyes. At once, Hataki transferred the light armor he had crafted. That did brighten Shira's mood a little. "Great! Now I can battle two three things at once!" She announced. She didn't even have to look at Hataki, she knew he'd probably be shaking his head at her.

"Which way do we have to go?" she asked she said, having already made her way out of the town through the northern gate, eager to start this. "Oh also, what about you? You got armor too?" She asked absent mindedly while equipping her own. She turned around to see that he wasn't following suit. "No?" she asked puzzled. Shira felt guilt sweep through her. She had been rather icy with the guy but in his own way, he just made it a point to look out for her safety, Shira wasn't sure if he was still guilt ridden or if there was something more. "Umm... In that case. Stay behind me." She said trying to hide her guilt and her growing concern for him behind a thin layer of practicality.

Spoiler

+ Leather jack of retribution (equipped)

Of course, Hataki did shake his head in disbelief when Shira said she could fight groups of mobs, now that she has an armour equipped. That is exactly why I’m around. To stop you from doing such silly things. He didn’t say it out aloud. Lately, Shira had been a little annoyed around him. She had her reasons, and furthermore, she also mentioned she hasn’t been sleeping well. So, Hataki could understand the friction between them. Anyone who is in this mess is allowed some leeway to feel frustrated and needs to vent it out somewhere. It is better him than her going out into the fields alone and getting into trouble.

“This way,” he said, in response to her question, and led her towards the Dark Elf’s location marked in his map. Hataki shook his head when Shira inquired if he isn’t equipping any armour. “No! Could craft only one useful item. And yes… I’ll try to stay away from direct fire.”

The Dark Elf’s location marked on the map looked like it was close, but the path leading to it was extremely wound. From afar, he noticed a couple of wolves patrolling the path they had to cross. “I suppose we will have to deal with these before we get to the Dark Elf,” he said, unsheathing his sword and preparing for battle. 

He gripped onto his Nebula Cleaver and dashed towards the closest <<Wolf>>. Before it could react to his presence, he had slashed across its body, dealing some damage. Hataki’s attack pushed the wolf onto the nearest boulder; he turned around and stood ready for the next attack.

Spoiler

ID: #52256 | Battle: 7 | Craft: 2 | Loot: 4 | MOB: 5

<<Wolf>> Miss!
HP: 7/8 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 1

Hataki Success!
HP: 16/16 | Energy: 4/4 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0 | Hate: 1

Shira
HP: 16/16 | Energy: 4/4 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0 | Hate: 0

Edited by Hataki

Hataki told her where to go and then added that he could only manage one armour. Shira turned away to smile at his kindness. But she needed him to be less scared and concerned for the safety. To actually power level the way she wanted, risks would have to be taken. Not to mention, with his sacrifice now, Shira had to be worried for his safety. Why didn't he just keep the armour? I know I'd be fine. The girl had been rather lucky or rather skilled, the couple of mobs the game had spawned around her, the slight sprightly thing had always manage to take down in just one shot. The more she thought about how vulnerable he was the more flustered she grew.

The dark haired girl realized the pickle they were in and voiced her opinion. "Honestly, Haru!" She exclaimed. "Why would you do this? You know I'm trained in sword arts, you have a gamer instincts but is that really enough, don't you think you would have needed this more?" She asked rhetorically while pointing to the armor. Putting some more thought into the matter and once he said he'd stay away from any danger she added. "I suppose its ok for the the mission, hopefully I'll be able to finish this elf quick and you won't have to take any damage." Mostly not to start the mission on a bad foot. She had fallen a little behind him as she battled through possible action plans. She wasn't even sure Hataki heard anything...

"I suppose we will have to deal with these before we get to the Dark Elf" She heard his voice.

Her head snapped up, and she noticed he had now charged ahead towards a wolf.  Did my words sound like a challenge to him? What is the meaning of this? "HATAKI!" She called out angrily. "You said you'd stay out of the action!" She added racing towards him. The wolf had been slammed into a rock and luckily Hataki hadn't taken any damage. Shira unsheathed her own sword, charging it up for action. In her frustration she sliced straight through the slightly startled wolf. The creature couldn't even complete its virtual howl of pain before the red line split it open into blue pixels.

"I'm going to give you some heavy armour once we finish this." she said nodding. "I've leveled up my crafting skills, I need you to... be safe." She didn't think he was as quick as she was and thought the heavy armor may help him be an off tank, since she had heard the sword he carried offered crown control.

Spoiler

ID# 52257 results: Battle: 10 | Craft: 11 | Loot: 4 | MOB: 10

Shira damage: 2 (base damage) + 2 (crit) + 8 (bleed damage) = 12 dmg
 Wolf: HP 7 - (12-1 (Mob mit)) = - 4 dead.

Edited by Shira

“Yes, you are trained in the sword arts. But you still need it more because you are the reckless one among the two of us,” he said, winking at her. “And don’t worry. I’m not going to roam around in these rags for long. I’ll craft myself something too… eventually.” And that’s when he noticed the wolves. He went ahead and attacked it first, knowing that Shira will follow and finish the fight off. She needed her to not lose any HP until they reach the Dark Elf; she is the muscle in this quest. That is why he chose to attack first, holding the wolf’s attention on him. And he is going to continue doing that until they reach their target.

“Relax! We had the element of surprise. I was just taking advantage of it,” he said, in a matter-of-fact tone. He then turned towards the next wolf that was blocking their path. The moment he turned, something pounced on him, biting into his shoulders. “Argh!” Hataki felt no physical pain, but seeing the green of his HP bar retreat was scary. He hit the wolf’s head with the hilt of his blade, pushing it away and then followed with a heavy slash through its guts. The wolf was thrown up in the air due to the momentum and then disintegrated into blue dust as its HP bar dropped to zero.

“Phew! I think our way to the Dark Elf is clear now. Let’s go,” he said, sheathing his sword casually.

Spoiler

ID: #52258 | Battle: 9 | Craft: 11 | Loot: 16 | MOB: 8

<<Wolf>> Success!
HP: 0/8 (Dead) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 1

Hataki Success!
HP: 13/16 | Energy: 4/4 | DMG: 2 (+1 Crit) (+7 Bleed) | MIT: 0 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 1

Shira
HP: 16/16 | Energy: 4/4 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 1

Edited by Hataki

Oh god! Her heart flew into her throat. The bespectacled girl, just had a chance for her thoughts to form, while the wolf attacked her mission partner. Her actions had always been faster than her words, while even her actions were trumped, thanks to the distance between the two players her words had no chance. Shira never got to warn Hataki about the other wolf till it was too late. The bite had left red indentations on Hataki's shoulder. If this was not a matter of life and death, the girl would not have resisted her urge to wince. But her Kenjustu master had taught her one grimace could mean the difference between victory and defeat. Mustering all the quickness she could, the girl started another charge towards this wolf but for once the green eyed boy didn't need her help.

Hataki finally got a chance to pull skills out of his vat of gamer instincts. The moment the wolf attacked he knocked it unconscious with the hilt of his blade, following it with a strike to finish the monster. "Nice work!" She praised and then realized this might encourage him to play a 'who is more reckless?' game with her. "But don't do that again." She added sternly. It seemed this armor had caused a roll reversal of sorts. He seemed to ignore her. He mentioned that the path to the mission boss should now be clear... and that they should make a move.

"No, we're not going anywhere till you regain your health. You stay here while I scout the area for more wolves to make sure our path is truly clear and they don't have an element of surprise for us." She announced walking a little further up the path, which she now noticed was rather wound.

Spoiler

ID# 52272 results: Battle: 3 | Craft: 1 | Loot: 2 | MOB: 8

Edited by Shira

Hataki couldn’t help but laugh when Shira asked him to not do ‘that’ again. At least now she understands how I feel when she is being reckless. “I’ll be fine. I’ll regain the health by the time we reach the Dark Elf. Let’s not stop,” he said, in retaliation. But Shira had already gone scouting the area. He just stood there, leaning against the nearest tree with folded hands, waiting for her to return. He ran his fingers through his hair, dishevelling it further, and began whistling his favourite songs again. He constantly monitored his health bar, which started replenishing slowly after a few seconds. “Hey! Let’s go. My HP bar is almost full,” he shouted in the general direction where Shira headed. When he got no response, he opened the map to look where she was and headed towards her direction. Once he was in her range, he would call out to her, “Shira! Let’s go. Come on!”

Spoiler

ID: #52275 | Battle: 7 | Craft: 12 | Loot: 7 | MOB: 8

Hataki | HP: 14/16

Edited by Hataki

Shira hadn't even gone too far yet when she heard Hataki bellow that his health bar was almost full. She knew him well enough to figure out that his almost was to be taken with a pinch of salt. He had lost about a sixth of his health points and the girl imagined it would take at least ten to fifteen minutes for him to regain it all. "Sure sure!" She paused, turned towards him and responded, it almost felt like dealing with a small child. "Stay right there okay?" She confirmed, to let him know that she wasn't falling for this. The armor clad girl walked a little further keeping an eye out for any mobs.

Hataki always said that they had had it relatively easy because most areas that they visited had been recently cleared out. She figured if they had run into a pair of wolves so early, there was a high chance that this area had not been cleared out recently, which meant there could be more around for sure. So far she found none. But Shira really wanted to be sure, two had been tough to handle for Hataki, if they ran into a bigger pack, even with her armor and help, things could go rather badly.

Spoiler

ID# 52277 results: Battle: 5 | Craft: 4 | Loot: 1 | MOB: 1

Edited by Shira

“Ah man…” Hataki wasn’t very pleased that Shira didn’t fall for his ‘almost’. He now gave up and sat under the tree with folded hands and legs. Maybe if he meditated his HP would replenish faster. Worth the try. What else can I do anyway? And hence, he sat there, closing his eyes and concentrating on… nothing. As always, concentrating on ‘nothing’ was the difficult part. One thought after another flashed in front of him. The more he tried to push the thoughts, the more vigorously he came back. Finally, he chose to focus on only thing and forget the rest. Let’s see if I can do that. He took a deep breath and… took a peep at his HP bar. It was surely almost full this time. That’s it. I’m done waiting around.

He stood back up and headed towards Shira again. “Alright, this time, it’s truly almost full. Let’s GO!” He followed the route marked in the map and headed towards the Dark Elf’s location. After several winding turns, the duo would finally end up in front of what looks like a small cave. “There! I think this is it,” Hataki would say in as low a voice as he could. He didn’t want to alert the mob. Unsheathing his Nebula Cleaver, he would crouch and make his way into the cave slowly, hoping Shira follows him.

The tiny girl didn't believe in crouching, mostly because she was as short as Hataki was, after he crouched. Unwilling to crumple into a shorter stature, she swaggered into the cave, over taking him as he chose a more stealthy approach. We are getting into his home, trust me, surprise element is not with us. She thought to herself in response to Hataki's actions. The only thing she did imitate was the removal of her sword from its sheath. Now Shira was battle ready. The cave was almost black, especially in comparison the bright exteriors. With an exaggerated battle cry, she charged into the cave, letting the darkness swallow her whole. It was now or never, her first real mission, she wasn't going to walk into the field like a coward, champions don't do that.

From the little light that reflected off her blade, she found her target. Despite her yell, the monster had not paid any attention to her. Much to her annoyance, the dark elf had his back turned to the duo entering his cave. Now Shira didn't like her first attack to be on an unaware enemy, but she didn't have a choice, her Star Slayer Sabre was already swung. She bought it down against the creature's back, opening a wide red gash, with her half-hearted slash. The elf turned around and attempted a dismal swing at her, which she side-stepped easily. Shira noticed, she hadn't taken away a decent proportion of his health yet. Definitely not enough for Hataki to attack.

"Hataki, stay back!" She yelled. "I got him, but now he's mad and he's dangerous." She added. Gearing up for her next move.

Spoiler

Dark Elf found
HP: 12
Dmg: 9
Mit: 0

#ID 52295: Battle: 7 | Craft: 4 | Loot: 13 | Mob: 1
Dark Elf attack: Miss!
Shira attack: 2
Dark Elf HP 12-2 = 10/12
Shira HP = 16/16

Edited by Shira

Hataki was slowly and carefully inching into the cave, hoping to take the elf by surprise. But all that was out of the window as Shira charged in with a battle cry. “Oh my…” Realizing his crouching was now pointless, he too stood erect and ran into the cave. One would think that battle cry would have woken up a sloth out of its slumber, but miraculously, the elf didn’t even react to it. In fact, her voice even echoed through the cave walls, sending some rats scurry out of the cave. The dark elf, however, did not recognize their presence until his back was cut open by Shira’s sword. He then attempted to strike Shira, which she easily dodged.

Shira then yelled at Hataki, asking him to stay back and not engage the elf. “Like hell I’m sitting here and watching you fight,” he said in response and readied his blade. He might succeed or he might not; but he simply won’t not try.

Hataki charged straight ahead with his Nebula Cleaver and attempted to strike the upper right arm of the elf. However, the elf was rather quick; it easily dodged the incoming attack and got hold of its own weapon. Hataki swivelled around and took his defensive stance. Looking closely, he noticed that the elf had a heavy-looking two-handed Warhammer at ready. “Uh-oh…”

Spoiler

ID: #52320 | Battle: 4 | Craft: 7 | Loot: 16 | MOB: 2

<<Dark Elf>>
HP: 10 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 0

Hataki Miss!
HP: 15/16 | Energy: 4/4 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 1

Edited by Hataki

The girl's eyes were now acclimatized to the darker environment, but the elf definitely seemed to be more aware of his surroundings than the two players were. Naturally, this was his home. This fact was proven when by the time Shira noticed Hataki's attack, the elf had already dodged the brown haired boy. Shira shot Hataki a nasty look. Since initially he was caught off guard, he had only attempted a pathetic swing at the girl with his off hand. Now that Hataki had jumped into battle too, the elf decided it was time to bring out its own weapon. It was a large war hammer.

Since the dark creature was rather nifty looking, Shira had not expected him to be carrying a such a grand war hammer for a weapon. Shira had imagined daggers, which could do devastating damage, but require more precision, something that anyone would lack in such darkness. In contrast, even wild swings with such a large hammer were likely to hit. Now I'm going to be pummeled she thought. "Now he's really angry." Shira spoke through gritted teeth, she didn't have much time to say anything else. It was time for her to attack again. Now that the elf was facing her ready with his seemingly over powered weapon, nothing held Shira back from giving it her all.

The girl had no experience with how to dodge such a large thing, so she didn't even try. She hoped she'd take a little damage, but her attack would either decimate the elf or leave it with barely any health as an easy harmless target for Hataki. Shira charged at the elf with another battle cry, to which he gave no reaction, but his dark beady eyes traced her every move like a hawk. The girl slashed with her sabre, making a larger deeper gash across his front, similar to the one she had left in his back. After her slash she tried to duck out of his swing, but instead of swinging his hammer vertically, the elf bought it down horizontally across Shira's tiny back, before falling and turning into pixel dust. 

The hit Shira took bought her to her knees too and she had expected a much larger drop in her health points. His armor had done wonders. Their victory over the elf made her forget all her anger towards Hataki. Her eyes searched for him in the darkness and she said "That would have been so much worse in real life, now I know one thing for sure, at least dying in the game will be virtually painless." She said grinning at her silly pun. 

Spoiler

ID# 52326 results: Battle: 10 | Craft: 7 | Loot: 6 | MOB: 10

Elf dmg: 9 (base damage) + 2 (Crit damage) = 11 - 9 (Shira's mitigation) = 2
Shira HP = 16 - 2 = 14/16
Shira dmg: 2 (base damage) + 2 (Crit Damage) + 8 (Bleed Damage) = 12 dmg
Elf HP = 10 - 12 = -2/12 Dead!

Edited by Shira

Hataki did not like the size of that elf’s weapon. Despite having charged straight at it, it was more interested in fighting Shira than him. I suppose it’s programmed to attack the person who has done the most damage recently. He watched Shira charge again. What is she thinking? “Wait! Stop…” he cried from where he was, but to no avail. Shira was on a collision course with the elf, who seemed to be very ready for her attack. In hopes of distracting the elf, Hataki picked up a tiny stone that was near his feet and threw it behind the elf. The elf didn’t seem to notice it at all; all its focus was on Shira. It did not even flinch as Shira gave another battle cry. That’s when Hataki realized it. It’s deaf… But… Its eyesight is enhanced.

Taking a backswing with his heavy sword, Hataki followed behind Shira, hoping to gang up on the elf and stop him from dealing any devastating damage on either of them. However, when he was about a few feet away from them, Shira had already made contact. She slashed at him with all her might, not minding the incoming heavy attack. “What the-” Her attack dropped his health to zero, but he didn’t go down without a fight; he had swung his heavy hammer across and successfully landed it on Shira’s back before bursting into colours. Phew! Hataki was glad she was wearing the armour. It had taken the brunt of the attack, allowing only residual damage to affect her HP bar.

Again, Hataki couldn’t believe Shira’s luck and skill. He was starting to think it is more skill than luck, because one doesn’t get lucky all the time. He was practically useless in this fight; she had done all the damage to the elf. A notification popped up on his UI:

Quest Objective Complete!
Reward: Sacred Iron

He clicked the accept button and the reward was added to his inventory.

Hataki just laughed at Shira’s comment. Yes, the death will be painless. But the aftermath in the real world to your loved ones is unimaginable. He kept that thought to himself. She was just joking and popping her happy bubble with a philosophical comment was unnecessary at the moment. “We are done here, thanks to you,” Hataki said, smiling with genuine gratitude. “Let’s head back to the armour smith and see what he crafts for us.”

"Your armor did wonders Haru and it doesn't even slow me down." Shira stated, still beaming about her little victory.  He had thanked her for helping him out but she knew that the last blow from the hammer that she had endured, would have probably killer her had it not been for the armor. "Did you see how I slashed?" she said, jubilant. The victory danced on her face and she found her lips stretched further into a broader grin. In that moment, she felt like she was thirteen again, describing to her mother every parry and ever hack in her first championship match for Kenjutsu.

"Seriously though, I don't know about dying, but the fighting itself is so painless... Its almost dangerous." She added, in extension to the stupid pun she'd spoken after finishing the mob. "If we feel no pain, our bodies will stop fearing it... Just watching health points drop is not nearly as scary..." She said. "I mean, don't get me wrong, the pain form the last hit I took would have probably crippled me for at least a couple of weeks, so I am glad... but in a fight that is the only way to know when to back off." She added wondering if Hataki would understand, having no real experience with any real life combat "I can't be staring at my HP all the time, I need to focus on the fight... right?"

Spoiler

ID# 52357 results: | Battle: 8 | Craft: 12 | Loot: 12 | MOB: 1

Edited by Shira

Hataki was glad that Shira was happy with the armour he had crafted. He, however, felt that he could have done a better job with it. He was disappointed that he could fit only two enchantments in it, while there is a possibility to put three. In any case, the current armour is doing the job for now. Eventually, he will craft something even better for her.

Watching Shira be excited like a child was a new and welcome sight. He hasn’t seen this side of her before, which he obviously could understand. This game doesn’t give much to be excited about. “Really? I thought knowing you are dead if that HP bar goes to zero was nightmare inducing. At least it is for me. When the wolf bit my shoulder and my HP bar started depleting, I was very scared.” Hataki laughed at Shira’s comment on how she has to focus on her fight and not on the HP. “You talk as if this game was designed for your convenience. Clearly, it’s not. We are victims to a psychopath here.”

For the next few minutes, Hataki was preoccupied with what armour skill he should choose. He knew he would probably level up at the end of this quest and have enough skill points to spend it on an armour skill. He was also wondering if he should simply focus on levelling up his sword skill or go a little unconventional with Battle Healing or First Aid. While he was weighing his options, he remembered Shira offering to craft a heavy armour for him. Maybe wearing Heavy Armor and levelling up First Aid is the best choice now. I’ll be at the brunt of the fight, keeping Shira safe, and if she is ever in a pinch, I can heal her. It seemed like Hataki has made his decision. He will discuss it with Shira once they are done with the quest.

Spoiler

ID: #52360 | Battle: 5 | Craft: 4 | Loot: 8 | MOB: 5

Edited by Hataki

"Should be glad he isn't some sadist making us feel the pain of our wounds then, actually..."  She responded when Hataki referred to Kayaba as a psychopath. "And Shh..." She mocked "He can hear us..." she said grinning. But soon a thought spawned from her own joke. "What if he actually can? Do you think he keeps tabs on us?" she said looking at Hataki seriously. "I mean I don't think we are important enough for him to waste his time on... But then, he has a lot of time to waste right?" She asked, genuinely intrigued about the pass times of the guy who'd got them all stuck here. "I mean he obviously isn't out and about, the whole world is looking for him... What do you think he does in his spare time?" She didn't know if he truly was tuned in and something offended him or the two just had very rotten luck, because in her reverie she absent-mindedly kicked a stone and it landed on some wolf's head. Shira hadn't even noticed till the large wolf had leaped from his resting place and was headed towads Shira. The girl didn't have a chance to really swing her sword, she barely managed to unsheathe it. The animal slammed into her body and by extension into the blade of the saber that she had held up in protection.

"Yeah... I think we pissed Kayaba off..." She said pinned under the wolf.

Spoiler

Wolf spawned
Wolf HP: 12
Dmg: 09
Mitigation: 03

#52364: Battle: 6  | Craft: 7 | Loot: 2 | Mob: 7

Wolf Dmg: 9 - 9 (Shira's mit) = 1 necessary damage.
Shira HP: 16-1 = 15/16
Shira Dmg: 2 (base damage) + 7 (thorn dmg) = 9 - 3(Wolf mit) = 6
Wolf HP: 12 - 6 = 6/12

Edited by Shira

“I wouldn’t presume to know how his brain functions. One thing is certain, he has done way too much damage for no reason and that is psychopathic behaviour. He might be keeping tabs on us. If he is the kind who wants to play God, which could be the reason he did this in the first place, then it is highly likely that he is lurking within this world with monstrous power,” Hataki said.

Even Hataki didn’t notice the stone Shira kicked hit a wolf ahead of them. He was busy wondering what skills to acquire. It was only after the wolf pounced on Shira and pinned her down did he realize what was happening. He swiftly unsheathed his sword and kicked the wolf off of Shira. He couldn’t help but laugh when Shira said they had pissed Kayaba off. “I now see where belief on Gods stem from,” he said, chuckling and walking towards the wolf. The wolf had quickly picked itself up and was already on its way towards them. Hataki stood between it and Shira, holding his sword in ready position. When the wolf was in his range, he slashed at it vertically, forcing it to change direction and fall back. His slash made contact with its hind legs, dealing a small amount of damage.

Spoiler

ID: #52378 | Battle: 8 | Craft: 2 | Loot: 20 | MOB: 1

<<Wolf>> | HP: 5/12 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 3

Hataki Success! | HP: 16/16 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 1

Edited by Hataki

"Pssht... I don't believe in gods and I don't believe in Kayaba..." she said as Hataki kicked the wolf off of her. The wolf had rolled off and Shira got to her feet as the grey wolf regained its balance on it's four feet too. This was another thing Shira didn't like to do... Though the girl loved a good fight she also loved animals, fighting them, even the feral looking kinds wasn't easy. Especially these wolfs which had a face so similar to the German Shepard that lived above her apartment... Of course, this was a game and she couldn't get distracted by such sympathetic notions.

This time Shira was a little more prepared, but it was tougher to predict the animal's instincts in comparison to a human's motions. Instead of jumping for her again, this time he charged, opened it maw and tried to bury its teeth into Shira's torso. Thankfully the armour as tougher than it looked and the girl only noticed one red puncture through it... No pain, so it didn't hinder her in anyway. With a quick slash of her sword... The wolf was gone, like it had never been there. "I believe in me... and sometimes in you." She said with a wink as she sheathed her sword. The moment she had, she noticed an option pop in front of her screen.

Congratulations, owing to your proficiency with the one handed curved sword, you have now unlocked a new skill...

Katana

Would you like to acquire the Katana skill?

|YES|                  |NO|

"Hey look, I've been rewarded!" Shira said smirking up from behind her player interface window. She hastily tapped the 'yes' option, new skill line unlocked... She read off the interface in her mind. The Katana was her baby, it is what she practiced with all her life. If she had been good with the curved sword, she expected to be great with Katana. "I'll tell you what it is when we get back! It's amazing! For now we better get out of here fast, I think there are more wolves around." With that she turned and started jogging towards the Town of Beginnings.

Spoiler

ID# 52390 results: | Battle: 8 | Craft: 7 | Loot: 6 | MOB: 6

Wolf Dmg: 9 - 9 (Shira's mit) = 1 necessary damage.
Shira HP: 15-1 = 14/16
Shira Dmg: 2 (base damage) + 7 (thorn dmg) = 9 - 3(Wolf mit) = 6
Wolf HP: 5 - 6 = -1/12 dead!

+
1 mat
+ Katana skilled aquired.

Edited by Shira