[PP:F7] The KoTB Marches On[Complete] <<Dungeon Run>>

Since the last update, Opal has been hoarding her skill points in reserving them to use of gaining a skill that will allow her unprecedented accuracy from the shadows. Sneak attack offered a combination of ideas that she wanted to test out and having an auto hit technique mixed with her sword arts was something that would come in quite handy. With only a few points remaining to finish up the Sneak&Hide Skill tree, the woman had addressed her fellow knights in attempt to find a sub dungeon. Bringing up the usual text entry pad, the woman sent off a letter to two trusted companions within the guild to help her gather these points.

Lawfer was quickly becoming relevant once more after his long hiatus. After spending time in the wilderness of the world and exploring the lands, his geography of the floor could help them find any hidden secrets the mountains might have. There was hesitation upon calling for him however, their history was not something to just glance over. They had shared passion with one another long time ago, and although she was happy and content with her relationship with Teselmar, there was always the nudging feeling of what it would have been like if he had stayed and not disappeared. 

On the other end was the Jade Hunter, Opal had not had the privilege to do many things with Hirru, but that was going to change. His info gathering skills were top notch to any other player and they shared a common interest of finding those who had done the wrongs of Lindow, their late friend and comrade. With a flick of her wrist, the message was sent to these individuals. The woman stood at the boundary of Nimbus and the safe zone border with her arms crossed over her chest. The white skirt billowing out from behind her from a sudden gust of wind, but upon her back was not the Masamune. It was a different katana she had yet to use in combat, but was going to use it for this upcoming battle, the rare quality Kusangi of the blood blade. 

-
Notes: +4 Dmg Pot used. 

Edited by Opal

Looking down at his interface, Lawfer smiled. "Hey Raise... I'll see you later. Got guild stuff to take care of today." The golden haired spearman stated as he looked towards his mentor, and now close friend Raise. "It shouldn't be too long, don't run up too high of a tab." Lawfer continued with a slight laugh as he looked over to Ryuu, 7th Heaven's proprietor. "Ryuu, cut him off after 2000 col today." The spearman whispered with a smirk, and the NPC responded in turn with a nod as he continued to dry the freshly cleaned mugs. Quickly, the spearman finished off the rest of his brew, and slid out of his bar-stool. The newly deemed Dragoon, had already been spending his time on Floor Seven and it wouldn't take long before he met up with the Vice-Commander and the Jade Hunter Hirru. Opening his inventory, he switched into his battle armorments. He still needed to switch into some new gear, but the Wolf's Vanguard would do for now. 

Rushing out the door, Lawfer closed his inventory and made his way to the center of Nimbus. As the bar, was only a block or so away, the spearman would easily identify OPal who had been loitering around. "Hey there beautiful." Lawfer stated with a smile and wink from his left eye. "Round two of trying to find those ruins?" He asked as he raised his right hand, and entered his inventory once more, bringing out a Mitigation pot. Drinking it down quickly, "You should really work on the flavor of this potion..."

--

Notes: x1 Uncommon T1 Shards of an Aegis [+9 Mit] Pot Used

Lowenthal walked along the earthen paths of floor seven. It was on this floor that Lowenthal had his last 'adventure'. He was with Calrex, when they had discovered a dungeon, and right before that, Lowenthal earned his unique skill Shadowed Path. But since then, he had grown lazy. He fell behind on quests, stopped hanging out with his friends, and he had fallen behind skill wise. And Lowenthal was tired of it. He was tired of being one step behind everyone on the front lines. Lowenthal looked at his own attire, a white and red replaced his usual black. It would probably be something he'd have to get used to. Lowenthal ran his hand through his hair, and made his way back to Nimbus.

There he noticed a familiar face. Well, shape more than face, as Opal was looking in a different direction. He approached her, and the other Knights of the Blood Oath member and gave a wave. "Hey there, Commander." Lowenthal said, using her proper title. "What's on the KotBO agenda for today?" He asked, seeing an opportunity and wanting to seize it. "I can give you hand, if you'd be willing to have me." Lowenthal said, offering his dagger to Opal.

Getting the message, the hunter sighed before knocking on the walls of the wagon.  With a small thunk, each of the shelves drew back into wagon; their cargo safely stowed inside.  The Mysterious Merchant hung the torch on top of the wagon before getting into the drivers seat.  Grabbing the reins, he snapped them once to awaken the great chameleon that took the hunter forever to find.  With another snap, they were off towards the next town with a warp station.

Warping to the seventh floor, the caravan continued towards the edge of town.  When they finally reached their destination, the hunter would jump off of the wagon to greet his guild members.

"Well, looks like we have a good team going, Vice Commander."

He says before he points to the wagon which slowly turned from, what seemed to be, nothing pulling it.  The Chameleon was a shy one, and didn't like being seen in town.

"Do you guys need anything before I park this thing?"

Xion sighed as he walked out of his shop on floor one, yawning before setting off. "I really should open the forge again" he said to no one in particular. After a minute he had reached the teleport gate, saying " teleport, floor 7" before he disappeared in a flash of blue, appearing on floor seven. 

"Ok" he said, heading off towards the location of his guild mates, finding them without too much trouble. "Opal, Low, Lawfer, Hirru. Nice to see you guys" he said with a smile as he approached them. 

There was a lack of formality coming from both Xion and Lawfer. One of them calling her beautiful, and the other not giving the rank of her superiority of Vice Commander. She cleared her throat, "That would be Vice Commander Opal today, since I will be the one leading the party," she said, it was important for them to know while they were addressing each other as such as Knights of the Blood, that some show of respect was shown to her even in public like this. Even those not within the guild usually referred her as Vice Commander. Perhaps it was the history between the two males that made them so comfortable with just using 'Opal' or an adjective describing her looks. But she would make a stand and she did so by pointing it out. 

"I'm glad you all received my message and yes, Lowenthal. I will be taking some of the Knights and Blades to the mountains to search for a possible dungeon. If you wanna join us, you are more than welcome to. And thank you, Hirru. I don't think I have anything that needs appraisal at the time, but I am glad you were able to finish your quest for being a merchant. It will help us in the long run. If we are prepared, let us take off. I know a path that will deviate away from mobs, but I rather not do that. Its been awhile since I have seen your skills put to the test so we shall see how you are coming along with that."

Opal nodded to her men, and with a turn of her feet she lead them out of the safe zone and towards the mountainous terrain of floor seven to the temples hidden in the mountains. 

Xion frowned as Opal scolded him and Lawfer for not using her proper title. "Fine Vice Commander" he said, irritation and frustration obvious in his voice. "When I was second in command of CB I didn't demand to be called Seneschal" he said to himself, beginning to realise what Nixon had meant when he had made a comment about Opal's personality. 

'Oh well' he thought as he followed the Vice commander, the platinum haired woman confidently leading the group. "Hope you guys don't mind if I tank, I FINALLY have <<Howl>> again so I can easily draw aggro" he said with a grin. 

"Very well, Vice Commander!"

The hunter would say before knocking on the wagon to let the merchant know that they could leave.  With a small snap of the reins they were gone, and the hunter was left to his team.  When they were told about a possible dungeon, the hunter sighed before going over to Xion.  With his claim of the Howl skill, he was now the main tank of the group, but he had sub-par damage output.  The hunter would stay by his friend, and make sure that the thing that was attacking him would never exist again.

"It's good that you're getting stronger, Xion.  Soon, we'll be fighting on the same level as the others."

Edited by Hirru

I strolled along the cobbled paths in the mountainous town of Nimbus on Floor Seven, sipping from a bottle of ale I purchased from a tavern. I really have descended to a state of minor alcoholism... I murmured as I looked at the bottle. With the stress I was going through trying to cope with my own weakness and a wish to be up there on the Frontlines, it was hard not to often require a good drink to drown a depressive mood. However, the sound of quite familiar voices echoed nearby, and I quickly dropped the bottle to hide any evidence of my drinking; alcoholic smells did not linger. I rounded a corner to see a gathering of five KoB members; the Jade Hunter Hirru, the Teenage Tank Xion, the Dragoon Lawfer, Lowenthal, that player who converted from Azure Brigade, and of course the Vice Commander herself. "Well, well, look what the mountain troll dragged in!" I called as I approached, careful to watch my tongue in case I slipped up in my speech and revealed my slight intoxication. "Vice Commander." I nodded to Opal with a loyal grin as I clapped a hand over the resident tank's shoulder. "Got space for a fistfighter? I feel like bitchslapping something today." I remarked with a wild grin.

Lowenthal remained quiet as member after member arrived. There was now a total of five members, including himself. Lowenthal disliked the idea of having such a large group tackle a dungeon. Lowenthal wondered what everyone would be doing, or at least who would get in his way.  He didn't dislike anyone completely in the group, what he disliked the most was how casual everyone was taking it. Opal and he were the only ones apparently giving it any seriousness at all. He sighed, as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "So, anyone else showing up or is the whole gang?" Lowenthal said, with a joke in the air.

The golden haired man smirked at the Vice Commanders words. It was a tough pill to swallow but in the end, he would have to fall in line. "You got it Vice commander." LAwfer stated with a bit of a smirk. It was time to get into combat mode, the man had been training fairly regularly to catch up to everyone since his time away. "Sounds good, to me lets try to find us a dungeon." He responded in turn as he watched as the group grew larger and larger, then they departed the safe zone. The dragoon had known the 7th floor like the back of his hand at this point, and was comfortable with the rocky terrain. "If you don't mind Vice commander, I'll go on ahead to scout a bit, to pull some mobs." Lawfer stated as he looked over the platinum haired woman. As she nodded in approval, he looked over to Hirru, "Hirru, Grave, Xion. I'll pull and you finish. Low... I know you can proabably one hit them... but if you want you can hop in too." he commented with a slight chuckle as he began running ahead of the group.

Leaping on top of a large stone, then to another, Lawfer surveyed the area. Spotting a small group of lower level elementals he continued to jump back and forth between the larger rocks in an attempt to surprise them. Leaping in the middle of the pack, Lawfer grasped his Lawbreakers pommel and slung it out of its harness, trying to use the momentum from the swing to amplify his attack, but to no avail. 'Shouldn't have tried to be fancy... Raise would lose it if he saw this....' When the dragoon landed, the elementals scattered causing his attack to miss. "Ah crap..." He murmured in frustration as he watched the four mini cyclones converge on him at once, slamming him with their tornado like bodies. It was a failed surprise attack and he suffered the consequences. 

<<Battle Engage>>

Lawfer HP: 76/80 ll EN: 18/20 ll 8 DMG ll 21 MIT   SA Used: Miss -2EN

Storm Elemental : 46/46 HP ll 21 DMG  ll 21 Mit 

ID: 52460
BD: 1= Crit Miss (+2HM Next Roll)
MD: 9= 21+1= 22DMG -21Mit= 1DMG

Edited by Lawfer

"Come Grave, but we don't have all day to dilly dally." The Vice Commander had put out. Her white eyes shown like true diamonds as she overlooked her Knights. They seemed ready to go and with a small nod she took the first step forward to start them out on their journey. The female had spread her fingers out as she skimmed the surface of her platinum blonde hair, there seemed to be some talk behind her as the others seemed to either fall in order or became passive aggressive as she had spoken moments before of her status in the guild. They didn't have to enjoy her company, but they did have to learn the respect. But that was also a two way street, she had to show it to be given it. 

It was then that Lawfer had taken the forward initiative to scout for the party, her eyes rolled when she attempted to stop him as he had engaged in a mob fight already. She sighed and shook her head looking at Lowenthal, "They still have a lot to learn about combat tactics. Lawfer!!" The woman beckoned attempting to steer clear of the mobs that spawned around him, "Don't you think it would have been a better idea to let the Tank of the group to take the aggro?!" But that was done and over with, after this skirmish she would have to pull the six of them into two different groups. There was a mild level gap between the few of them and especially between Lowenthal and herself among the rest of the group. She placed her hands over her chest and leaned most of her weight on one leg. She looked to Xion, "If you would please show Lawfer the proper way to take on Hate." 

Edited by Opal

Xion grinned as he felt Grave's hand clap onto his shoudler, an act that was becoming a common occurrence, not that it bothered the tank. "Well hopefully there will be a large amount of bitches to slap in the dungeon grave" he said with a laugh, noticing that Hirru was stood beside him, almost protecting the tank. "Like old times..." He said to himself. 

"Hopefully this will go off without a hit-" Xion said before he watched Lawfer leap into a group of mobs, missing his attack and being punished for it. 'What is he thinking?' The tank thought AAs he readied his spear and shield. Opal then turned to him, saying "if you would please show Lawfer the proper way to take on hate" which caused the tank to grin. 

"With pleasure" he said before running up to the group of elementals, inhaling deeply before letting out a deafening bestial howl that caused the elementals to focus on him. "Get out of there Lawfer!"

Lawfer (76/80) (18/20EN)

Xion (60/60) (15/15EN) [HATE: 3] 

Storm Elemental : 46/46 HP ll 21 DMG  ll 21 Mit 

Sometimes, the hunter wondered if he should start a hunters course.  When he saw the scout run out to fall into a mob trap, he wasn't too surprised.  The hunter had not visited this floor in some time, so the mobs were a mystery to him, but that didn't mean that the basics were not the same.  The mobs would swarm him, if not for Xion drawing their attention while shouting to Lawfer.  The hunter took that moment to rush.  With sword glowing a sharp violet, the hunter skid to a halt before quickly turning towards Xion.  Performing a quick back flip into crowd of mobs, the hunter slammed his sword into the ground.  This act seemed to absorb some of the life of the elements as the sword became a grounding rod against them.  Though, from that attack, they still stood.

"Hmm.. stronger than I thought."

[ID: 52587]
[BD: 8+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 1x7x8=56-21=35 AOE dmg

Lawfer [76/80 hp // 18/20 en]
Xion [60/60 hp // 15/15 en] [H: 3]
Hirru [92/92 hp // 9/23 en] [H: 1] (-14 en)

Storm Element [11/46 hp] (-35 hp)

Edited by Hirru

I groaned as I watched Lawfer tackle a group of tiny tornadoes and pay for his foolish act. "Damn it, Lawf..." I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose and sighing in relief as Xion took control at Opal's command, leaping in and activating <<Howl>> to draw the bastards away. The tank was soon followed by Hirru, reaping them with an AoE Sword Art, still not managing to finish them off. "Right, let us get this done with..." I sighed, before jumping once and breaking into a run. Dropping to the ground, I slid between two of the whirling elementals, positioning myself right in front of Hirru's blade. "Leave it to me." I muttered over my shoulder, before leaping into the air, my leg glowing a searing white. I spun around slowly, nearly completing a full circle, before I lashed out quickly, a blade of white energy cleaving through each of the elementals and shattering them into oblivion. A graceful landing followed, and I executed a roll for good measure. "Right. That is that." I muttered, before calling to Opal, "Shall we move on, Vice Commander?"

ID: 52956 BD: 12 (10 + 2)

Sword Art Used: Tornado Kick - (8 + 2) x 1 x 6 - 21 = 10 x 6 - 21 = 60 -21 = 39 DMG + AoE (12 NRG)

Party
[H: Cleared] Grave: 72/72 HP | 7/19 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2
Lawfer: 76/80 HP | 18/20 NRG | ???
[H: Cleared] Xion: 60/60 HP | 15/15 NRG | ???
[H: Cleared] Hirru: 92/92 HP | 9/23 NRG | ???

Enemies
Storm Elemental x4:
0/46 HP | D: 21 | M: 21

LD: 5 = Storm Core x4 (Mat)

Edited by Grave

Lowenthal watched as Lawfer stepped forward, and began combat with a few mobs. The mobs were nothing to sneeze at, for his level at least. Lowenthal sighed as Opal hollered out to him, telling him that it was smarter to let the tank gather aggro before starting combat. He ran his hand through his hair. "Keep a sharper eye out from now on Lawfer. Can't be getting surprised and jumped like that all the time." Lowenthal said, trying to defend the man to an extent. Attacking before the tank was a sure way to get hit, and even generate more hate then a tank could. "But it seems the mobs are dead. Shall we now?" Lowenthal asked, taking a step forward. 

After the quick reformation of the battle order, the mob was taken out easily enough thanks to the Jade Hunter and the Ardent Pugilist. That had cleared the way for the rest of the group to move forward once more, but Opal had called for their attention quickly with a sound voice raising over the others. 

"Xion, Grave, Hirru and Lawfer, you four will work in a group from now on. Xion, you are in charge. Me and Lowenthal will stick to the rear and keep an eye out on the dungeon entrance if we can find one. Make sure you all are being mindful of your surroundings right now, in this world anything can happen, this is something you all know. And work together as a team, learn the strength and weakness of your group. Alright, let's keep moving forward, Blades." 

Opal looked back to Lowenthal as the others seemed to branch off into their group to follow after Xion. She swept a hand over her face and looked to Lowenthal with a soft smile, "They'll get better. I don't think they have much experience working as a team yet. But they'll get it. Just like I have to get used to you shadowing my movements," the woman gave a playful punch to his shoulder, "Besides I need to apologize. I've been holding a slight grudge with you for a while, that is my own fault. Things escalated when I heard you dumped your guild for Azure Brigade, I am sure it was an honor you couldn't refuse, but I hope after bathing in their elite pools, you have come to find that Aincrad needs more that social elitism in this world. Let's forge a new path together as Knights of the Blood Oath." She clamped a small hand on his shoulder and moved forward with the rest of the group. 

Xion let out a sigh of relief as Hirru and Grave followed up on his <<Howl>>, using two powerful AOE's to defeat the elementals efficiently. "Glad that's over..." the tank said, before walking over to Lawfer, looking at the blonde dragoon with an awkward smile. "You know I'm called a tank for a reason" he said with a chuckle, not to insult the man but even Lawfer knew that the tank was usually the one who engaged enemies in order to draw their attack away from the damage dealers. 

Xion then turned around to the others, Opal was addressing the entire group.  "Xion, Grave, Hirru and Lawfer, you four will work in a group from now on. Xion, you are in charge. Me and Lowenthal will stick to the rear and keep an eye out on the dungeon entrance if we can find one. Make sure you all are being mindful of your surroundings right now, in this world anything can happen, this is something you all know. And work together as a team, learn the strength and weakness of your group. Alright, let's keep moving forward, Blades." 

Xion was slightly surprised that he was chosen as the leader of the lower levelled team, he thought that Hirru, being the highest level would have been selected. But oh well, there was some sense to her choice, actually a lot. If he was in charge he could decide when they attacked and thus be able to tank effectively. "Alright, Hirru, Lawfer and Grave let's get going, I don't think the Vice commander would approve of us being idle" he said with a smile before leading them off in a different direction to that of Opal and Lownthal in hopes of finding mobs, sweet sweet loot and hopefully a dungeon!

With the combined forces of the trio, the mobs were easily dispatched.  Which would culminate into the Vice Commander giving them the quick team assignment.  Hirru was slightly surprised by the teams assembly, but didn't question it.  The Vice Commander had given her order, and that was final!  Forming into the temporary team, the four would probably be as such:  Xion, would pull enemies in and give commands to whomever needed to attack next in the order.  Either the hunter or the pugilist would attack after, depending on the situation, as they were heavy up-close-and-personal styles of combat..  Lawfer would be after either of the two, as his weapon had range that the other two did not have, and his scouting techniques would be helpful too.

I grinned as Opal assigned the four of us lower levels as a team, with Xion as the leader. I clapped the tank on the shoulder with one hand, careful not to drive him into the earth with <<Martial Arts>>. It took me a while to register that I had something that could assist Opal in searching for the Dungeon. "Oh, Vice Commander!" I gasped, quickly tapping through some menus and retrieving the packet of Lion Strips, throwing them to Opal. "Here, they will help you with finding it." I explained with a smile before turning back to my team.

"And guys... do not beat the guy up too much. It has been a long time since he has been out in the field with a team remember, he has spent a lot of time fighting alone." I warned, patting the Dragoon on the back gently. I agreed to the Maelstrom's suggestion to get moving, flanking the right of the group, hands idly in my pockets.