[Completed!-SP-F1] Getting a Job <<EAL>>

"It's been a while since I've been on floor one..." Takneil thought aloud as he casually walked through bustling roads of Players and NPCs alike, he had expected most people to have moved on from the starting city by now. Looking between the stands filled with food and the juggling performers he frowned. Sword art Online had a great profession system, he wanted to get one yet everywhere he looked there was ten of each. letting out a sigh he made his way through an alley, one he had used as a shortcut to get through the city once upon a time. Maybe some grinding would help?.

Spoiler

ID# 52233 results: Battle: 2 Craft: 11 Loot: 14 MOB: 1

Edited by Takneil
  • 2 weeks later...

Spotting a rather unique looking boy a person smirked and opened his window. 'Hey kid!, come here for a sec'. he called out leaning against the sill. 

"hmm?" looking from the ground Takneil raised a questioning brow at the stranger, rather tall and lanky. with black hair he seemed to look almost as if he was a butler of sorts. "alright..." 

Spoiler

ID# 53818 results: Battle: 3 Craft: 12 Loot: 7 MOB: 8

Edited by Takneil

Approaching the man's window Takneil lifted his orange eye to meet his emerald gaze, He looked as though a complete opposite of the boy. Short, well kept hair. Compared to his own long White and Black mixed hair. Everything about him screamed formal, while everything about the player screamed slob...for once he found himself envying someone for what they were. 

Spoiler

ID# 53821 results: Battle: 8 Craft: 3 Loot: 5 MOB: 9

Edited by Takneil

Raising a hand Takneil scratched the back of his head nervously and formed a frown. "What do you want?" he asked growing weary of being in this man's presence, he didn't mind the interaction so far but it was just the fact of him being there. It was obvious he was well off.

Flashing a smile he beckoned for the boy to enter through the door to his side. "What do you want?' he mimicked what the player had asked, Unlocking the door he opened it and bowed deeply. "My name is Sir Reginald, it is a pleasure to be of your acquaintance."

Spoiler

ID# 53824 results: Battle: 7 Craft: 3 Loot: 3 MOB: 8

Edited by Takneil

Hesitantly taking a step forward the boy let his hand drop to his side instinctively, he knew <<Eternal Sonata>> wouldn't do much good in a safe zone but he could still put up a fight, hopefully long enough to get away. "Takneil, and what do you what do I want?" he asked examining the room, beautiful sketches and paintings lined the walls.

"Pardon me but Takneil? I will respect your privacy but I was kind enough to give you my name." the man spoke with a frown finding the boy to be a bit disrespectful.

Spoiler

ID# 53826 results: Battle: 2 Craft: 11 Loot: 5 MOB: 2

Edited by Takneil

Giving a sideways glance to the man Takneil let out a sigh, here he hoped someone hadn't really named a man Reginald. Let alone he met his stereotypical quota. Continuing his exploration of the building he stopped before a painting of two people leaning against each other while the sun rose in the distance, he didn't care for the couple's details they were generic in his opinion but what caught his eye was the flourishes in the brush work. "Alright, My name is Auron." he introduced himself by his real name. 

Spoiler

ID# 53828 results: Battle: 2 Craft: 3 Loot: 1 MOB: 5

Edited by Takneil

Walking up beside the boy Reginald too gazed into the painting, he had seen the look in the boy's orange eye. One that showed that he was looking beyond the picture. "So, tell me Auron. What are you looking at?" he asked turning to the player in front of him.

Shaking his head Takneil could feel a bit of embarrassment dance it's way onto his cheeks. "It's nothing...". he stated though he couldn't take his eye off of the work of art. 

Spoiler

ID# 53829 results: Battle: 5 Craft: 9 Loot: 9 MOB: 7

Edited by Takneil

Smirking confidently the man tilted his head and raised an arched brow. "Oh?, but weren't you just admiring the brush work?" he asked, completely seeing through Takneil's pitiful attempt to hide. Noticing the redness on his cheeks Reginald gave a hearty chuckle and patted the player's shoulder. "You have quite the gift Auron, very few have the ability to look deeply into art. In the real world it's not anything to be proud about but here? well this is an ability I have seen in in not so many."

"How did you know?" he asked, though Takneil assumed that the man wouldn't give him a direct answer so he waved it away. Shrugging he took a calming breath. "So?, I can admire the work put into Artwork. It's not as special as you claim." the boy stated coldly.

Spoiler

ID# 53832 results: Battle: 9 Craft: 11 Loot: 1 MOB: 3

Edited by Takneil

"Really now?, then if you want to prove me wrong so bad then please inform me of your thought on the masterpiece" he asked kindly gesturing towards the painting with a tilt of the head. 

Rolling his eye Takneil once again focused on the art. "well for starters I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece, yeah some of the flourishes are absolutely gorgeous. Some of the brush strokes were masterful as well, they caressed the painting. Changing pressure to add or decrease detail, when others looked like they tried, but mainly ended up splattering the pain-" stopping in his words Takneil looked to the man.

Spoiler

ID# 53834 results: Battle: 5 Craft: 1 Loot: 16 MOB: 3

Material Found!.

Edited by Takneil

Listening intently on Takneil's analysis of the painting the man's smile only grew as it confirmed his observation, this boy would make an acceptable Artisan. Placing a hand on the player's shoulder as he hesitated Reginald nodded to let him know it was alright to continue, though his smile faded.

"This painting...it was made by two people wasn't it?" Takneil asked feeling a tinge of guilt for being so arrogant with the man earlier. 

Giving another nod the man opened the door to another room, "I'll tell you a story, but I want you to do something for me." Motioning for the player to follow him he entered the room.

Spoiler

ID# 53836 results: Battle: 1 Craft: 1 Loot: 9 MOB: 4

Edited by Takneil

Following the man Takneil couldn't help but gape at the sheer size of the room, it was neat and tidy. Many shelves were aligned with properly organized books, rolls of paper inserted in a tube like stand to help keep sketch design in order he assumed. It was...awesome. 

Halting before a clean desk Reginald smiled. "here you are!" stepping to the side for the boy he placed a few simple materials on the empty work table. "I want you to make something" 

Nodding the boy sat down, looking at the materials before him he took a nervous breath. Feeling watchful emerald eyes on him he soon began to work, looking over his available tools Takneil swiftly set aside everything he didn't need and focused on what he did. 'Come on!, you can do it!' he mentally cheered himself on.

Spoiler

-1 Material

ID# 53838 results: Battle: 1 Craft: 10 Loot: 12 MOB: 4

Crafting Attempt Success!

Name: Favored Pen
Your Profession: Artisan
Your Rank: 1
ID#: 53838
Roll: Craft-10
Item Type: Lucky Charm
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: +1 Loot Die
Description: A jet black pen that is ideal for The Artisans of Aincrad, on the side of the writing device displays delicate, golden flourishes. All connecting to the name of those who use it.

Edited by Takneil

"There" he stated holding up the pen into the light, watching it as the gold flourishes slowly formed His name on it Takneil smiled. "I know it isn't much, I could've done better" he criticized himself on his work. 

"I wouldn't be too sure about that" Reginald spoke up as he gently plucked the item from the boy's hand, looking over the craftsmanship he offered an amused smile. "For your first time this is rather a fine item you've made".

Holding out his hand as the man placed it back with it's maker Takneil's eye seemed to alight with fire. "Really?, I mean it's just a pen?" he continued to doubt his work but that was his anxiety, he knew Reginald wasn't the type of person to beat around the bush. Not wanting to add the item to his inventory quite yet he placed it on his right ear, wedging the pen between the small gap. 

Placing a gentle hand on the player's shoulder he nodded. "An exquisite piece of work, couldn't have done better myself" the man complimented him. Letting go of the boy's shoulder he took a seat of his own in a seemingly comfy chair. "Now then, I promised you a story didn't I?" he reminded Takneil of his words.

Nodding the monochrome hair boy leaned forward and smiled. "Who was she?"

Emerald eyes widening in surprise the man looked a bit surprised. "My!, you read into that painting a lot more than I realized" Reginald chuckled. "Yes...the painting's creation was done by both our hands." 

Glad that he hadn't upset the kind man with his observation Takneil gave a glance back out into the hallway, gazing at the painting. "where is she?" he asked, surely by now he would have heard or seen someone else inside of the household by now if there were and it wasn't a simple case she was out.

Letting out a sigh the man tapped his knee. "She passed" he stated his voice changing a bit more depressed than his usual tone.

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that" Takneil apologized for the man's loss, he wanted to ask more questions though. How had she died?, what did she do?, and so much more. Deciding to push his luck he bit his lip nervously. "How did she go?" at least in Sword art Online when a player died they felt no pain, so he believed. 

"She died of an illness, on the outside that is. We had known each other since we were around your age, she had been drawn to my passion for art." placing a hand in his jackets pocket he pulled out a small piece of paper. Gazing into it for a moment he passed it to the player. "I was a young reckless fool and she was the one who kept me in line" letting out another sigh he leaned back into the chair. "It seems now I've become manageable on my own."

Holding the paper in his hand the boy nodded as he examined the small drawing, the girl in the picture was pretty. Long flowing blonde hair, and a compassionate smile. Handing back the paper Takneil smiled. "She was beautiful, I can only imagine what she was like." he complimented the sadly deceased woman. "wait?, how did you two paint that painting together then?". 

Taking back the photo Reginald offered a appreciative smile. "Thank you, she was a kind soul...but she knew how to take care of herself." he chuckled remembering back to the old world he so longed to return to. Understanding the boy's question he sat up. "Well, I remembered it." he stated simply. "I wouldn't be surprised if every fiber in that canvas was a mirror image of the original."

Standing from his seat Takneil walked out of the room and took a look at the painting. "That's amazing, the fact you did that to honor her memory like that is so kind." he stated as he gave one last examination of it before turning and performed a deep bow of his own. "I'm sorry to say I have to leave, I have a friend to meet in about an hour or so and i owe him a few Materials so i'd like to have time to collect those for him" grasping the knob of the door he smiled. "Thank you for helping me, I'll come back down every once in a while. Maybe we could do a painting of our own?" he chuckled as he departed from the building.