[PP-F11] Those Three Words (Grave)

((OOC: Continuation from the Festival))

As fireworks shot off into the air marking the end of the festival, Jevi and Grave's lips had met, this time under different circumstances that the spontaneous first time. It was a happy moment for both of them. After their kiss ended, Grave wrapped his arm around the purplette and held her tight, his head resting just next to Jevi's. The girl returned the favor, placing both of her arms under Grave's, her hands pressed flat to his back. Her eyes closed and her lips curved into a smile. It was then that she heard her name through a faint sigh in her ear. ~"Hm?" she replied, just as softly.

"I love you"

Her eyes opened wide and her smile turned more into a look of surprise. Her embrace loosened slightly, and her hands slowly slid down his spine. ~"...y-..you what...?" She could not believer her ears. She had heard those words from her father, of course, but that was a different love. Those words were also spoken to her by Shaya, and she even returned those words. But she learned that she may not have meant it, and that she now had a confused idea of just what love was. That was her problem now.. should she say it back? Did she feel the same way just yet?

I could feel Jevi loosening in my arms as I uttered those crucial words. It was then that I remembered how confused she was about the true meaning of those words. Shite, you did well, Grave... I muttered inside, sighing and releasing Jevi, turning away. "I... I am sorry..." I mumbled embarassedly, finding no reason to be able to blame her, should she think badly of me for picking such a time to express my feelings. Awaiting a verbal response from the purplette, I stared to the colourful, exploding sky above. I could not help but think I had hurt her in some way, bitten at some piece inside her that wanted nothing to do with the word 'love'. I sighed in irritation at myself and, knowing full well that Jevi was watching, punched the ground- er, roof below me, a purple spark exploding outwards and revealing the 'immortal object' tag. "[censored]..." I growled.

The girl looked at Grave with a perplexed expression on her face. He seemed upset with himself, disappointed even. His apology to confuse Jevi even more. Just what the hell was he sorry for? She opened her mouth to speak, but before she could do so, he sighed irritably and punched at the roof they sat on, curing so himself. ~"Grave!" The girl yelled out, placing her hand on the fist that just pounded into the shingles on the roof. She looked at their hands for a moment before looking up at him, her brow furrowed, golden eyes looking into his. ~"What the hell are you doing? You tell me you love me, apologize, and now you're punching the ground? What are you suddenly upset about.. why do you think you upset me?" it was then that her features softened, wrapping her fingers around his hand to hold it.

My breath hitched when Jevi's hands enveloped my shaking fist. Why was she not looking blankly at me, wondering what had happened in the split second before? "I-I..." I choked, looking into her eyes for a moment, before they flicked down to my fist encased in her tan hands. "I-I thought those words would have cut deep... with S-Shaya... and what you told me about in my Diner..." I whispered, corners of my eyes stinging. "I-I thought that I hurt you... b-because you were not ready to hear those words again..." I sobbed. What had I become? The smallest mess up triggered me to start sulking and tearing. "That night at my Diner... I wanted to say it then... b-but I could see the word 'don't' in your eyes..." I sighed, using my free hand to wipe my eyes. I began to control my breathing and finally looked back up to Jevi, her piercing golden eyes soft but confused. "I... I a-am not sure what you want... or what you expect from me... so controlling what I say is a challenge..." I explained, giving her a sheepish smile. "I just... I do not know if those words are something I am, uh, 'allowed' to say."

The girl closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh, looking back up into his as they reopened. ~"Grave, you're allowed to say whatever you want. I have no stopping in what you do there. If you felt, that you were ready to tell me this, then why would you hold yourself back any more." Jevi shifted her sitting position. Instead of sitting next to Grave, she had turned so she sat on her legs, her knees in front of her. Her brows furrowed again, crossing her arms under her breast, ~"And I'm not with Shaya anymore Grave. I'm wit-.." She stopped herself short, realizing what she was about to say. She took a quick, but deep breath through her nostrils ~"Im with you. Not her."

~"And what I told you at the diner.. that was for me. I can't hold you back from saying anything." She pushed him gently in the shoulder, ~"So stop beating yourself up over it dammit. Have confidence in what you say. If you love me, then say it and don't regret it." She looked at him with the same look for a moment, her mouth opened and closed, trying to think of what to say. ~"Because when I figure out just how I feel... I want to make sure that the feeling is mutual. Not being regretted by the other party."

My breath hitched once more as Jevi spoke again. I was listening intently to her every word, hooked onto every syllable. She was encouraging me to express my love, not putting me down for being an idiot who spoke those three words to a girl who had been hurt in the past by them. She was assuring me that if I felt it was right to say them, it was right to say them. She then openly expressed her now non-existent relationship with Shaya, and a new one with me. I could not speak. Like a beached fish, my mouth opened and closed, uttering no words, nothing but wasted air expelled from my mouth. It was like she wanted to revisit the concept- no, she did want to. I could tell it in her eyes, as if they said, 'I want this Grave, but I'm not sure if we both are ready'. She wanted the relationship, she did, but scars from the past got in her way... and yet she fought to overcome her mixed feelings. "I..." I choked, before clearing my throat and sighing. "Jevi... thank you. I... I love you." I repeated in a low, whispering tone, the tightness in my body from regret no longer present.

When she heard him say those words again, she quickly inhaled through her nostrils with a slight gasp, her lips quivering and curling into a soft, blushing smile. She was surprised that her words got through Grave's thick skull, and he seemed to relax more in the situation. Leaning to the side, Jevi let her body slide off of her legs, so now they were bent and to her side, and she sat closer to the silver haired man. She let the sound of Grave's voice, speaking those words dance through her mind, plastering the smile to her face. It made her happy that he felt this way.. like someone, for once, loved her. And she believed him. Her gaze turned once again to the fireworks, which were reaching their climax for the night. She took in a deep breath, ~"What makes you think that? That you love me?" She wanted to know just why he felt he loved her. On one hand, she wanted to know truly what the man saw in her.. after the stress she had put him through. But she also wanted to know for her own reasons.. to get a better idea of just what love was in this form.

My repeat of the three magical words seemed to rebound inside Jevi's head, as if she had put my voice on a record and set it on repeat. I simply smiled at the purplette as she spun everything I had said inside her head, as if weaving a web that she did not want to break, to keep us locked there like flies in a spider's trap. As she looked to the fireworks, I gently draped an arm around her waist, pulling myself close so I could answer the question. I had to think for a moment; I loved how determined she was to better herself and help others close to her, I loved the soft side of her that was genuinely caring and supportive, I loved how much she was willing to give me a chance, beauty also added bonus points...

But I said none of that. "Jevi... I do not mean to hurt you with these words, but hear me out. I know why I love you... but I would rather you not know. If I tell you, then you will simply try and focus on those aspects to better yourself, ignoring all the other tiny parts that I am subconsciously attracted to." I explained quietly, eyes closed as I went on. "If I do not tell you... then you can keep bettering yourself without worrying about the things I like, because I would rather you become better and better over all rather than just a better lover." I elaborated, before opening my eyes and looking at the corner of her eye. "Do you understand? All you need to know, at least until I know you are ready to hear my reasons for loving you, is that I love you, and my body will run dry before anything lays a hand on you without your permission or tries to take you from me."

Jevi continued to look at the fireworks going off in the air as she heard Grave begin to talk. However, the way he worded his sentence left a sense of bewilderment over the girl. She turned to look at Grave, her smile replaced with a quizzical look. From what he told her, he did not want to tell her just why he loved her, and went into the reasons why. Where getting this answer was not her intention at all, she respected his words.. since they definitely had some truth to them. Being the girl Jevi was, if she knew just what it was Grave liked.. hell, what anyone liked.. she would focus on those traits, rather than trying to pick up the slack in another category. She nodded in understanding, looking over into his eyes. It was his final words that came as a shock to Jevi, that really made her feel as though he meant his words to the fullest extent. She looked at Grave lovingly, her lips quivering into a smile, before she sprung forwards, latching her arms around his neck and holding him tight. She spoke no words, only held onto him, grateful for everything he had done for her thus far.

My smile matched the one that Jevi beamed at me as understanding of my words flooded through her, but I yelped in surprise as she wrapped her arms around me happily. "Christ, Jev!" I shouted, wrapping my arms around her in turn. "Any harder and I would have lost a health point!" I joked, feeling myself tilting backwards. "U-uhm, Jev, I-I am-" I was about to warn her, before I toppled onto my back, dragging her with me, careful to hold her above me so she would not awkwardly crash into me. "Ouch..." I groaned, looking up at her awkwardly. "Shall we try and get up?" I asked with a blush and a chuckle, slightly embarrassed at the position a simple hug had thrown me into. "I was about to tell you I was losing my balance, but... well..." I tried explaining, realising that the situation itself was explanation itself.

Before she realized it, she felt her body falling forward, and Grave tipping backwards. With a quick yelp, Jevi toppled over on top of Grave, who had lost his balance and was now laying on his back. He had somehow caught the girl so she did not plop down on top of him, and instead was held about a foot above his body. Both of her arms were extended, palms pressing the the roof next to Grave's head. Her golden eyes sparkled and looked into Grave's, her chest heaving slowly as she took in deep breaths. He seemed pretty embarrassed to have the girl on top of him like this, and requested they sit back up again. As he continued to speak, his words started to become muffled as her thoughts raced. It was at that time, she could not keep it in and spoke as he did, about half way through his sentence.

~"I love you too."

Jevi seemed to not be wanting to remove herself as she spoke, and it was confirmed when she spoke the four magical words that carried almost more meaning than the three.

I love you too.

I was shocked, looking up in Jevi's eyes in disbelief. "You did not just say what I think you said." I jested with a chuckle, before I leaned up and pressed my lips to hers for a small moment. I pulled away and spoke. "José..." I muttered, before clearing my throat. "My real name is José Thrip."

~"Yeah. I did say it." she replied with a chuckle of her own before Grave pushed himself up towards Jevi, pressing his lips against hers. It was one thing, kissing Grave before.. but now, with both of them having professed their love, it felt much different. Like it actually meant something in the long run. With a bright smile, the purplette rolled off of the man and onto the roof next to him, laying down and looking up at the remainder of the fireworks as the show finished, and the bright flares fell from the sky and back to Earth. She turned to look at him with a confused face when he said 'Jose'. For a moment, she almost thought he was trying to say her name, but something caused him to say it strangely. That was when he continued, saying that that was his real name. Jose Thirp. Jevi turned onto one elbow and brought a hand to her lips, giggling. ~"So your real name is Jose huh? I would not have guessed that from you. But a nice name."  She took in his name for a moment and thought about revealing her own name.. it would be the first time she had done so to anyone. She was happy that it was Grave though. ~"Alexandra Bishara.. or just Alex for short."

I breathed deeply and lightly as Jevi laid down beside me, my bare right arm brushing against her kimono. She giggled at my name and a cirmson wave flushed over my face, a wince contorting my features momentarily. My facial muscles loosened when she complimented my name, and I followed her movements when she turned onto an elbow to look at me. "Short, sweet... kind of a casanova name, if I do say so myself~" I teased with a wink, before chuckling, allowing her to speak. She seemed indecisive about whether she should reveal her name, but in the end decided to anyway. "Alexandra... I like it. I cannot say I was not expecting a kind of tough-girl name, but nonetheless, I still like it." I responded with my own analogy of her name. "So, Alex... I do hope you know I am completely inexperienced in the relationship department. You are my first girlfriend." I informed her with a light chuckle, before returning to her story. "As for you... first boyfriend, am I not?" I asked with a soft smile, my eyes gently speaking my mind; forget the past.

The girl scoffed and shook her head at Grave's remark to his own name, ~"You would be the one to call yourself a Casanova." She turned back onto her back once again and stared up at the stars above them. ~"Really? You think my name is a tough girl name?" After thinking it over, she shrugged her shoulders, ~"Never got that before.. but I guess it fits." She could not help but smile as Grave used her real name.. It was the first time in a long time she had heard it come from someone else. She was happy that it was coming from Grave.. or now she knew him as Jose. ~"Really? I could not tell" , Jevi said turning her head towards Grave, one of her golden eyes blinking and a mischievous smile on her lips. She nodded her head at Grave's guess, ~"Yeah. First .. boyfriend." It felt strange saying the word. A word she had never said before in this context. She had a boyfriend.. Grave was her boyfriend. It made her happy.. happier than she had been in awhile.

I heard Jevi scoff and comment on my self-portrayal as a Casanova. "Do you not agree?" I asked with a chuckle, narrowing my eyes at her. "Of course it is! But as much of a tough name it is, it still carries the beauty and grace of the woman behind it." I complimented her with a wink, although I could not tell if she saw it through the colours of the fireworks. She seemed quite surprised when I mentioned my lack of relationship experience and I nodded. "I am surprised too; how have I not had a girlfriend by now?" I asked, almost to no one in particular. "I mean, I was pretty close to having Opal, before she left for her training." I added as a side note with a shrug. "As much as she was a much better flirt than you way back when..." I teased the purplette, before turning to face her, "I have enjoyed falling in love with and earning your love much more." I told her with a wide grin. The colours from the sky finally died out and I pulled myself off from the roof. "Shall we go find an inn?" I asked, extending two hands to my girlfriend.

~"Whatever you say." Jevi said in a sarcastic tone to Grave's notion about him being some sort of Casanova. ~"Just because you think you can flirt, doesn't necessarily make you that... But I'll give you credit. You somehow won me over." he said in the same tone, winking at him playfully. Her thought was quickly ruined when he tried to justify his understanding of her name. 'Tough, but still help beauty.' She gave him a quick glare before punching him in the shoulder, ~"And you ruined it." she said with a laugh. Apparently he had taken her sarcasm for actually being surprised, and she scoffed as a reply. He mentioned that he had almost won Opal over, which got her thinking. He does seem to mention Opal quite a bit.. I wonder if he still has feelings for her. Her golden eyes looked towards the sky in thought as he continued to speak, even going as far as to say Opal was a better flirt than she at one point. Her mind zoned out, missing half of what he said. Her mind came back to just to hear him ask if she wanted to accompany him to an inn, ~"Oh, yeah sure." She took both of his hands to help herself to her feet.

I scoffed when Jevi said I had 'somehow' one her over. "'Somehow?'" I questioned, glaring teasingly at her. "My goodness, there is no 'somehow' about it, my good charms are the only explanation!" I replied arrogantly with a wide smile. She seemed somewhat upset that I had smashed her sarcasm to smithereens by taking her surprise seriously. "Hey, sarcasm can quite easily be countered by a silver tongue~" I responded with a hiss on the 'silver'. When I mentioned Opal, Jevi became... let us say she did not seen very with me anymore. You [censored]ing idiot... I cursed myself, giving myself a belt over the head with a mental sledgehammer.

I hauled the girl onto her feet and pulled her into a momentary embrace before leading her down the boxes and into the streets, hand gently grasping hers as I led her towards an inn. I could tell she would require sleep as soon as she hit the bed, so I wasted no time in finding us an inn. I looked at the girl for a moment and sighed, much more comfortable about my following statement now that we were officially together. "One room, single bed for two, please."

After a soft hug, Grave led Jevi down to the streets of Taft again, down the makeshift staircase of boxes, towards the inn of his choice. Her kimono gently swayed in the cool, Spring breeze as her silver haired boyfriend walked in front of her, his hand cradling hers. Her golden eyes looked up at the back of his head for a moment, before bringing her free hand up to her lips, fingers slightly curled, and her mouth turned into a smile. In the end, it did not matter whom he had once flirted with or had feelings for.. she was the only one for him. At least, that was what she believed and hoped to be true. They were a new couple, so she figured thoughts and ideas can dwindle very easily at their early stage. She needed to make sure that she was the only one that Grave cared for in this way.

Eventually, the two came upon an inn.. a pretty nice one at that. Definitely beat the one of the Fourth Floor with its tiny room. Grave confidently spoke to the innkeeper, requesting a room for the two of them. To her surprise, a room was free for them.. she was almost certain that the inns would be packed due to the Festival. Jevi found her way to the staircase that led to the rooms on the upper floor, and walked through the hall until she came upon the door to the room where they would be spending the night. The room was definitely nicer than the last one they had stayed in. With a sigh of relief, the purplette walked forward towards the bed before turning and sitting down, the smile on her lips confirming how comforting it felt to sit on a bed. She watched as Grave continued into the room after her, and once he had closed the door and was on the other side, Jevi lifted her hand up to open her inventory. The kimono was comfortable and all, but it was too complicated, also definitely not something she had planned to sleep in. In a flash of white light, Jevi's robe vanished. In its place, the girl wore a slightly oversized black sweater. Once her clothes had settled onto her body, she lifted her hans up to the back of her head and undid her bun, letting her now mangled purple hair fall onto the bed where she sat.

Spoiler

YORUICHI-bleach-anime-33557007-752-1063.

I smiled softly as Jevi walked into the room and seemed to completely relax with the change of scenery; it was much less cramped than the inn in Snowfrost, and the bed was much larger, not that it was very beneficial. I shut the door and locked it with a crisp click behind me and looked at Jevi seated on the bed. She swished her Kimono away with a few simple taps, replaced by a rather baggy looking black sweater and little in terms of legwear. As a final touch she undid her bun, letting her long, purple hair fall down her back, and a shiver went up my spine; she looked so beautiful and somewhat provocative, but I kept my cool. Coughing, I proceeded to deal with my own clothes. My haori, shoes and samurai pants were replaced by nothing but a simple pair of black trousers; my usual wear. I took a look at the back of my slender, pale hand; my handwraps always adorned them, ready for a fight if I needed. They just became natural...

Now, though... that night I did not need them. No... I did not want them. I wanted to be able to touch Jevi with my bare hands, I wanted to relax, I did not want to be tense because I was battle ready. Now it was just Jevi and I in a room; no one would hurt us. I strolled over to the purplette and sat down beside her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "I shall let the woman take the lead and decide how she wants to sleep; back to back, face to face, opposite ends if you wished it." I offered with a kind smile, rubbing her shoulder affectionately.