[F2-PP] Revolution <<Long Live The Queen>> (Kranzer) (Seul)

Ratatosk was looking at the bulletin board as usual paying mind to the various quests available. "Let's see here... There's earning a living, nah that sounds dumb. What's this?" He ripped off a piece of paper from the board and saw a quest labeled 'Long Live the Queen.' Instantly, the boy was reminded of his mother shaking his head in blind rage. "Alright, so this Long Live the Queen thing is what I'm taking, but where am I going to find a party for it? Well, just gonna eat apples and wait." Ratatosk took out his sword, although it wasn't for cutting apples he did it anyways. Quickly, the apple was shredded into four pieces, all having the shape of a star. "Better hope no girls see this."

Urbos. The city everyone first arrived in upon teleporting onto the second floor. It was a rather intriguing city as it looked like it had been built into a crater of all places. When he arrived Kranzer stumbled forward several steps before he managed to catch his balance. A quick glance was cast around the area to ensure nobody had seen and once he'd regained his composure the young man brushed off his coat. Kranzer stood just under six feet in height and possessed a body that was of average build. His long black hair was secured by a small leather strap at the nape of his neck. His dark grey coat fell down to just below his knees and partially enshrouded his body but it would be obvious that his shirt and slacks were both dark grey as well. Black leather had been sewn into the coat for added protection along its torso and around its collar. Situated on its left shoulder was an emblem that depicted the crowned profile of a lion. The personal mark of the tailor Ariel. Black gloves covered his hands with his fingers left bare.

He had just started to walk into town when he suddenly realized he was in fact not alone here. His gaze fell upon the one who used his sword to cut the apple. Those dark eyes shifted from Ratatosk to the board and back again. "Hello there," he said in a low tone as he grew nervous. Kranzer still wasn't all that good at talking to new people. At least not at first. He nodded towards the board and said, "Find anything of interest?" Along his left side and mostly concealed by his coat a dagger was sheathed and secured to his hip.

Seul had spent most of the day playing his ocarina in the back of his shop in Urbus. Recording crystal after recording crystal fell to the ground, littering the path to the store's exit and almost breaking his ankles as he closed up for the day. After so many crafting failures, he needed to blow off some steam and he figured a quest or two would probably be the most therapeutic method for doing that. He wandered for a bit before eventually stopping at the quest board, taking note of the few players who were chatting amongst themselves nearby as he did. Now all that remained was to choose a mission or, at the very least, wait for one of the other players to ask for help.

Ratatosk was interrupted by Kranzer and accidentally sliced through an entire apple. "Damnit! Knock before you enter a room will ya!" The apple hit the ground and disintegrated in a million rainbow like crystals. He cleared his throat before talking again, "Yeah, I've found this thing. It's called 'Long Live the Queen' and gives three skill points, I'd say it's worth a shot taking. But, I can tell from the looks of your gear that neither you or I will survive the quest, so we'll need someone to tag along and tank the hits if possible." This young teenager was disappointed that the apple he had been cutting was now gone, but the other slices were still intact and well. Ratatosk offered one to Kranzer, "Want one?"

Kranzer stood there and blinked in surprise when he'd been instructed to knock before he entered a room. For an instant his dark-eyed gaze followed the wayward slice of fruit as it made its last tumble towards the ground before it burst into a dazzling display of small shards of blue data. "Uh," he managed to mutter but the other had already started to reveal what he'd found. The look of disappointment on his face was noted from Kranzer and when the piece of apple was offered Kranzer stared at it for a moment before he raised his hand and offered an awkward smile. "Oh.. thank you but I just ate but I do agree we would need a tank. I know one but he's currently busy on a different floor regretfully." The last word was added almost as an afterthought as the young man cupped his hand around his chin and idly scratched it. If Dynaon was busy who else was there? His friends list was rather vacant save for him and a couple others and they were all off doing other things. "Do you have anyone in mind? I can't really think of anyone." Kranzer offered a halfhearted shrug of his shoulders as he glanced around the area. With everything that had been going on lately he could seriously go for gaining some added strength. He'd likely need it in the days to come.

He couldn't help but overhear a certain conversation between two players. Without turning his head he listened intently as they discussed their plans to tackle one of the quests. Naturally such an opportunity was too great to pass up and at the mention of a tank Seul would turn to greet them. "Look no further! It just so happens that I'll be tagging along with the both of you to dethrone the queen." He said without really waiting for them to accept his company or not. "I've got enough mitigation to cover all three of us and then some so it'll be a piece of cake."

Ratatosk just noticed that Seul jumped into the conversation like a nosy child. "Sure, that'd be awesome! So it's just the three of us right, enough to form a party for this quest. Oh yeah, let's show each other our stats so we know our roles." He went first showing his measly level one stats, health our, energy one, and many zeroes littered across it. They weren't very great so he already knew his role, it was leecher. "Mine aren't very high so I guess we're putting you two up front while I'm  in the rear." Ratatosk just hoped their stats were a lot higher than his.

Kranzer couldn't help but stare as the other man made a sudden appearance and offered to be their tank. That was rather convenient actually. Almost too convenient one might say, but he wasn't one to complain. He was one to play things safe though so for now he simply smiled and said, "Thanks, you'll definitely be of help. I'm not quite looking to die in the hunt for more levels." He offered them both an awkward smile as he swiped his finger down. His menu popped up and he quickly started equipping his gear to suit up for the quest. A black scarf appeared around his neck and partially concealed the lower portion of his face as he gazed down at the menu. When he swapped over to his status window his eyes widened ever so slightly as he took notice of his level. Apparently he'd leveled up on his way here and hadn't realized it. That was... also convenient. Then again it definitely worked out. He wasn't quite as keen to share his personal information though so he simply offered his level. "I just recently hit level five. So I might be able to help out some. I'm primarily a damage dealer right now," he commented as he pulled the left side of his coat back to reveal the dagger situated there. It's hit was wrapped in black cloth and was topped with a silver pummel. The sheath itself was made of black leather. "If we're going to do this should we party up?" His dark-eyed gaze shifted from one man to the other.

Spoiler

HP: 20; EP: 5; Mit: 21; Eva: 2; Acc: 1
» Merlin's Shroud +12 Mit; +2 Eva
» Fingerless Gloves[Vanity] +3 Mit
» Plain Boots[Vanity] +3 Mit
» Scarf[Vanity] +3 Mit
»Fate's Hand: +2 Dmg; +1 Acc

Edited by Kranzer

It was a strange request, but he obliged anyway as there wasn't anything to gain from hiding his stats. After stumbling through his menu for a brief moment, he managed to make his stats visible to the others.

Spoiler

STATS:       

• Level: 22               

• Health: 88/88               

• Energy: 22/22               

• Damage: 7                

• Mitigation: 47                

• Keen: 1                

• Regen: 18                

• Thorns: 7               

Equipment:       

Skills:       

• Dagger (Rank 4 / +4 Damage with dagger equipped)               

• Light Armor (Rank 2 / +7 Mitigation)                

• Block (Rank 2 / +13 Mitigation)               

• Concentration (No Ranks / Activated free - 5 post cooldown / Effect: Gain +1 to the BD result for a single action)               

• Survival(Extra Skill. No Ranks. Passive. Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 6 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects

"I'm not the strongest guy around by any means, but the three of us should be more than enough to handle this quest." He would say while passing glances between the pair. In truth, he would be able to slay the boss on his own, but he wasn't opposed to helping them out. After all, this happened to be the exact situation he found himself in after he left he starting city. Depending on the kindness of others was something one needed in the game to not only survive, but to live in this world. Helping them now may inspire them to do the same one day and that would be reward enough in his eyes. "My name's Seul by the way."

Ratatosk smiled, these two were able to clear the quest quickly and easily, but Seul was a bit different. His level was in the twenties yet he decided to help two newbies on a quest when he'd gain nothing. "I like your style, my name's Ratatosk by the way." He pointed a thumb to his face, giving a smile that would make him look cooler than he actually was. "I don't know exactly where this field boss is, so I'm going to rely on you two for now." The blonde was actually disappointed, he was weak, unable to deal a decent amount of damage. Soon that would all change.

Kranzer had to admit he was a little surprised when he saw that Seul was level twenty two. With that kind of strength around then this shouldn't be overly dangerous for him. With that knowledge in hand he was able to breath a little bit easier. The young man stood as the silent observer as the other two introduced themselves. That left him with little choice but to do the same. He nodded slightly to the two of them. "I'm Kranzer." While being around someone of such a higher level could be a little intimidating Kranzer tried not to let it get too him. It turned out that Ratatosk didn't know where this field boss was. The issue was Kranzer didn't know either so he ended up turning a curious gaze towards Seul. If even he didn't know then it looked like they'd need to do some searching before they could get too far.

"Looks like I'll be leading then." He said while sending each of them party invitations. Having done the quest about three times now, he was certain he'd be able to lead them to the spawn point while walking backwards and with his eyes closed. Not that he was actually going to try it any time soon. Instead he began a casual stroll toward the town's gate, going over the details of the quest as he did. "The queen spawns in a small, wooded area not too far from Urbus. First we'll need to trigger her appearance though, which is simply done through killing off some regular wind wasps. Four should be enough to get her to appear. When she does I'll either kill her or wound her bad enough to be killed by one of you. If I happen to miss though, I leave drawing aggro to you Kranzer considering you can take a hit."

Ratatosk nodded, "Good strategy, I don't really trust myself to kill that thing." He accepted the party request and checked his stats again, he'd die in one hit if he pulled aggro. "And once we kill the queen, how about we do a bit of material searching if we got the time? Wouldn't hurt to get a little extra something when fighting." The blonde unsheathed his sword getting ready to defend himself from the monsters if he needed to. "Now that we're all acquainted, let's get going. We should be back pretty soon, before night if possible." He walked over to the gate and motions for them to come along. "Oh wait, I don't know where we're supposed to go." Ratatosk looked like an idiot, he then walked over to Seul and gave him a pat on the back, "You lead the way."

"Aye I agree with you taking the lead," Kranzer chipped in as he accepted the party invite. It was best for the more experienced among them to take charge anyway. That was usually a good plan to go by. Apparently they'd have to kill four of the smaller ones to get garner the Queen's attention. He had to admit this was all kind of exciting.  The mention that he'd be able to pick up some damage an aggro if Seul wasn't sent a brief blank stare across the young man's face before he managed an awkward smile and nodded. "S-sure I can do that, and I agree it never hurts to gather more material." He also vehemently agreed that they should return to the safe haven that these walls provided long before the sun had set full beneath the western horizon. While he felt very strongly about it he didn't quite express that. Instead he simply said, "Returning before dark would be best." However, he did cast a curious gaze towards Seul to see what he thought on the matter. Once they were ready to leave Kranzer would follow the group.

It was strange to be leading for once. Most times he was the one following orders from the guild or other players who were better versed in the ways of the world. All he could offer in response to their concerns was a shrug. Being outside after dark never really bothered him before, but if it would place their minds at ease he'd try to finish off the monsters with haste. He wasted no time leading them to the location, but stopped just on the outskirts of the woods. "If you want to get your materials you should do it now. There won't be any time to once we start fighting."

Edited by Seul

Ratatosk looked around him, seeing a thick forest that was probably filled with materials. "Alright I'm searching for some materials, you should too Kranzer." The blonde's hands traveled quickly across the grass, each finger feeling for a material. "This grass is pretty thick, [Censored]!" He got mad, but that didn't prevent him from searching. "Gonna take quite a while to find that boss, I guess we can search for a little while before hunting down those bees." Ratatosk found an apple and couldn't help but slice it up into little bunnies, passing them out to each party member with a blush on his face. "Don't tell the girls I do this sort of stuff alright?" Even though he searched with great care, he found nothing.

ID# 52633

Loot 5

Edited by Ratatosk

When it was revealed that they should hunt for any materials not rather than waiting until after the fighting Kranzer looked around a bit in doubt in regards to what he should do. While he had agreed that gathering would have been a good idea it was mostly a way for the young man to distract his mind from the fighting that lay ahead. Now though he had no choice but to face it and unless he hunted through the area with great care that fight would continue to loom over him until it was over. He was just about to say he would be alright without it Ratatosk mentioned that Kranzer should go ahead and search. The young man shrugged. "Might as well though I don't think we should spend too much time on it," he muttered a great deal more softly than their loud companion. He didn't know if those insects could be drawn in by noise but the thought did cross his mind. Regardless he started to search around the outskirts of the woods but within close vicinity to Seul. When his hand was withdrawn from a patch of grass with the very item he sought he couldn't help but smirk. Perhaps this wasn't going to be so bad after all.

Spoiler

ID: 52634; LD: 18 [1 Material Found]

Edited by Kranzer

After eating his slice of the apple he let out a small yawn before turning his gaze toward the sky. "Well, I'll go on ahead then." He'd say before wandering into the woods. The scenery was just as he remembered it, nothing but trees and shrubbery for as far as the eye could see. And of course harsh buzzing for ambience. From the trees came four of the wind wasps he sought. Each was about the size of a small dog and equipped with deadly stingers. He'd make sure they wouldn't get close enough to use them though. "Round Accel!" With a circular slash through the air, his glowing dagger released two gusts of wind and each one was sent with the task of killing half the wasps. They all exploded upon impact and left behind a pixelated shower in their wake, leaving Seul waiting for the main event to arrive.

***Monster Info***

Hide contents

Monster Info:

• Wind Wasp
  • HP: 8
  • Damage: 6
  • Mitigation: 0
  • Description: A monster that flies through the fields and forests of the 2nd floor. Swarms have been known to kill off low-level players with ease.

Party Status:

• Seul: [HP: 88/88][EN: 18/22][Keen: +1 BD]

Enemy Status:

• Wind Wasp 1[HP: -8/8] (-16 HP) [DEAD]
  • Wind Wasp 2[HP: -8/8] (-16 HP) [DEAD]
  • Wind Wasp 3[HP: -8/8] (-16 HP) [DEAD]
  • Wind Wasp 4[HP: -8/8] (-16 HP) [DEAD]

Rolls:

• ID: 52694
  • BD: 9 (Crit) | Keen Activated | Sword Art: Round Accel | - 4 Energy | 7 + 1 Crit x 2 Round Accel = 16 AoE Damage!
Edited by Seul

Ratatosk saw Seul kill all the wasps within a few seconds, he then noticed that Seul's damage was fairly low for a dagger wielder. The blonde knew he could do better once he gets his gear, but he wouldn't want to drive away Seul. "That's some pretty good damage for a low ranking sword art, but I think you could do a lot more with certain pieces of gear." He looked around him to see if there were any other wasps, it looks like there wasn't but soon the queen would arrive, and that meant game over for Ratatosk if he wasn't in the rear.

Edited by Ratatosk

Kranzer's head turned the instant he heard Seul say he was going to be going on ahead. "Alone," he asked momentarily. Now it wasn't that Kranzer feared for Seul's safety. After all they were only on the second floor and the man was a rather high level in comparison to both Kranzer and Ratatosk. It was more the fact that Kranzer hadn't fought on this floor yet. While he could probably hold his own he didn't want to risk being alone when that floor boss happened to show up. Rather than standing idly by hunting for matierals he immediately set off after their party leader. Once he neared the trees though the wasps came out of nowhere and immediately Kranzer's hand sought out the hilt of his dagger. By the time the blade had been pulled free though the battle had already ended. Kranzer's eyes widened as he let out a low whistle. For all he knew the man's damage could have been anything since the wasps had been felled in one hit but he listened to Ratatosk's suggestion about using different gear. For a moment the young man pondered if their party leader had geared up for a lower damage rating to give them a chance to get in on the action.

Kranzer's head turned the instant he heard Seul say he was going to be going on ahead. "Alone," he asked momentarily. Now it wasn't that Kranzer feared for Seul's safety. After all they were only on the second floor and the man was a rather high level in comparison to both Kranzer and Ratatosk. It was more the fact that Kranzer hadn't fought on this floor yet. While he could probably hold his own he didn't want to risk being alone when that floor boss happened to show up. Rather than standing idly by hunting for matierals he immediately set off after their party leader. Once he neared the trees though the wasps came out of nowhere and immediately Kranzer's hand sought out the hilt of his dagger. By the time the blade had been pulled free though the battle had already ended. Kranzer's eyes widened as he let out a low whistle. For all he knew the man's damage could have been anything since the wasps had been felled in one hit but he listened to Ratatosk's suggestion about using different gear. For a moment the young man pondered if their party leader had geared up for a lower damage rating to give them a chance to get in on the action.