[PP-F2] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> [Grave]

Kranzer had heard the rumors of a mysterious hermit that lived at the base of a mountain. According to what he'd been told this NPC actually unlocked a new skill that allowed the player to unleash martial arts upon their foes. The thought of being able to defend himself without the benefit of a weapon was more than a little appealing to the young man. The rumors were only proven true when he found the quest notice for it. It didn't provide many details which Kranzer found a little odd. Apparently he'd just found the prompt that would lead him to the quest. The only problem was that this quest happened to be on the second floor which he'd rarely traveled through. The bulk of Kranzer's time had been spent on the first floor. Though the idea of getting access to the new skill proved to outweigh his cautious nature this time. The young man trudged through the woods for quite some time in his search. The reason his progress was so slow was due to the fact that he took great measures to avoid any confrontations with the local Mobs. The last thing he needed was to get into a battle with a Mob he wasn't overly familiar with yet.

He'd just decided to stop and take a break as he reached the edge of the woods and off in the distance two large mountains blotted out most of the horizon. A small bottle of water was pulled free from one of the pockets in his coat. The cap was removed and the cold refreshing liquid felt good against his dry throat. The bottle was drained half way before he lowered it and took it away from his lips. Once the bottle was stowed away he looked around to try and figure out which way he should go next. The notice said to seek out the hermit at the base of the tall mountain. His brown-eyed gaze shifted from one mountain to the next. "They're both the same size," he muttered with a blank expression.

I had faced the rock many a time as a throwback to my discovery of a powerful weapon; my own body. Ever since receiving the <<Martial Arts>> extra skill from the quest, I had placed every single point into it, the system update thankfully giving me the freedom to reassign all my points. However, once, just this once, the damn hermit decided to spark a conversation with me. I cannot say it was not interesting; he confronted me about my constant returning to the rock to help others, talked to me about my Sword Arts and which ones I used most. But what bugged me, was that he spoke so. Slow. Ly. Like some kind of really slow washing machine set to go for two hours. "<<Acupuncture>>, hey?" He asked me, and I nodded. "Yes. Ever since getting to Rank Four, I have used <<Acupuncture>> most often. It is my most damaging, and quite energy efficient." I explained with a kind smile. "Are you... considering trying to Grandmaster <<Martial Arts>>, Mister Grave?" He asked me tiredly, and I nodded. "Yes, I am. I have come to ask if you might help me with that." I explained, but he shook his head in response. "I am sorry... you are still not ready yet. However, you may rest easy knowing that this may be your second to last attempt before you can Grandmaster." He explained, and my smile persisted. "Thank you, sir." I said, before standing up. A frail hand gently grasped my ankle. "Actually... I can feel someone approaching. How about you help them out?" He suggested, and I gave the hermit a thumbs up, before he released me and I ran off.

I spotted the player the hermit spoke about, sculling a bottle of water, before looking confusedly at the twin mountains behind me. It was obvious he was unsure as to which one the hermit lived at the bottom of, but I planned on turning his attention straight to the rock. Approaching him, I jerked a thumb over my shoulder. "Rock is this way. Follow me, follow me. Do not ask how I knew you were coming. Before you ask, I am not the hermit." I explained, before performing an about turn and striding the other way.

Kranzer nearly fell back as the man approached and suddenly proclaimed that he knew why he'd come and told him to follow. "Uh," Kranzer managed to say before he regained his posture. What was he supposed to say to that? What could he say? Especially when the man had already turned about and started striding away. This could be a trap. That was much possible but if he wanted to learn this skill maybe it was ok to take a risk this time. With a slight shrug Kranzer kicked off into a run as he followed the man towards the base of the mountain. "Ummm... excuse me," Kranzer called out as he tried to get the man's attention. "If you aren't the hermit then who are you?" As he ran he cupped his hands around his mouth in hopes of projecting it farther and getting the man to slow down. Regardless he pushed his legs to move even faster as he tried to follow. Well before they arrived though the young man would be winded but not exceptionally so. If there was one thing he was good at it would be running. Only it was usually away from danger and not towards a situation that could possibly land him in it.

The male behind me called out to catch my attention, and I kindly slowed down for him to catch up, turning to face him. Obviously he was confused as to what was going on; I had planned on explainin once we got to the boulder, but I guessed I could slow down a little and inform the guy. "Me?" I parroted, before grinning widely. "Why, I am the man who will become Aincrad's first <<Martial Arts>> Grandmaster." I explained confidently, smacking a wrapped fist against my chest, the impact loud from the power put into it. "I am currently Rank Four. Over the time it took me to get to where I am, I have had conversations with the dear hermit, and from what he tells me, this should be my second to last test." I elaborated, looking towards the giant boulder as we approached the mountain. "Since you are the one with the Quest, no matter which of us destroys it, you will get the prize. Let me deal most of the damage, though, and it will quickly be over." I suggested with a kind smile.

Well that wasn't really the answer he had expected to receive. The man was going to be the Aincrad's first grand master in <<Martial Arts>>? That was certainly something to boast about and it was reminiscent of the boasts he often heard Dynaon make. The only difference is apparently this man had put in some considerable effort to seeing that dream come to fruition. Kranzer nodded slightly as the man slowed down enough for him to catch up. "I see. Well help would be greatly appreciated. What do I have to destroy? So far I just have a quest prompt to seek out the hermit. I figured I'd get the rest of the quest once I did that." The idea of this quest being over quickly was promising. It meant that he'd be able to get back into the safety of a town all that much sooner. "Thank you for the help. Not being out here too long would be preferred." The man's smile appeared to be kind in nature which set the young man off guard. He wasn't really accustomed to being treated kindly by anyone or well having anyone offer to help him so readily. That is beyond the few friends he'd managed to make. From a stranger though?

At first he thought this might be some form of trick but the more he thought about it the less that made sense. What would he have to gain from trying to trick him? When he realized this might just be a genuine offer his expression shifted. It took some effort but Kranzer managed to keep his cheeks from flushing with the embarrassment he felt but nonetheless he kept a steady stride alongside the man. "You seek to master the Martial Arts skill?" His dark-eyed gaze shifted to look at the man once more mostly out of curiosity.

I chuckled when the man asked what it was we were breaking. "How blindly are you going into this quest, if you do not mind my asking?" I questioned with a tilted head. "We are to destroy a large rock. And you do not have to visit that hermit, the rock will start the quest either way, I just find being friends with the old geezer to be quite fun." I explained, cracking my knuckles idly. "If you would like I could introduce you to him so he can explain a little better, or we can just get to breaking stuff, up to you." I offered, putting my hands up near my shoulders like a pair of scales. "Hey, no problem, I also get something out of it, so why not? Soon enough that old geezer will probably pass the task of giving out the quest to me! Hopefully it does not come to that, though, I prefer my freedom." I responded, scratching the back of my head. The man returned to the subject of my Mastery of <<Martial Arts>>. "Yes. Is there a problem with that?" I asked, hands casually behind my head.

As they continued heading for the hermit's location the man inquired about how blindly he was following the quest and revealed that it was the boulder that would give the next stage of the quest and that visiting the hermit wasn't necessary. "Well if that's the case then we can just go to the boulder and unless you want to introduce me we can go and see him otherwise we can just move along with the quest. Either way I appreciate the help. Thank you." He offered the man a genuine smile as he continued to follow him. When he was asked if something was wrong with the man's intent to master the skill <<Martial Arts>> Kranzer quickly waved a hand and said, "Oh no not at all. I was just trying to spark conversation is all. That and it's an interesting skill. I'm surprised not everyone has mastered it so far. Either way it's a pleasure to meet the man who'll be the first Grandmaster of it." As they continued Kranzer's dark-eyed gaze kept a look out for this boulder.

I grinned widely. "Pfft, let us just hurry it up and go meet Mister Boulder. The hermit can wait for some other time, or never, either way I do not care." I responded to the man's indecision with a chuckle. "Hey, no problem, I do not mind helping players out with this quest, I am the best to take along for this, since... well, you cannot break it with anything but fists and feet, and that is exactly what I specialize in." I explained, looking to the male with sincerity in my eyes. "Ah, good, good." I replied when he explained that he was simply attempting  to spark conversation. "It certainly is very interesting, a very large change from the usual hack and slash aspect." I mused with a satisfied smile. "No one really knows the power that fistfighting has. For instance, no skill but <<Martial Arts>> will increase damage for this quest, unless you count the <<Athletics>> mod, of course." I explained, frowning slightly. "It is a pleasure to meet a disciple of <<Martial Arts>>. I hope you continue to use it and become more proficient with it." I replied, extending a hand to the male. "The name is Grave."

Kranzer was actually thankful when the man chose to go for the boulder. It wasn't that Kranzer didn't want to make a decision it was just that he often found himself uncertain of which path to choose. It was a problem that constantly plagued him even here in this place. He listened aptly as the man spoke and nodded in response. "Aye I do plan to increase this skill as being able to fight with my hands seems like an advantage. Especially in this world," he said idly. The last thing he wanted was to be caught without a weapon though he didn't know what situation would see him without it. If it ever happened though he'd be safe in the knowledge that he wasn't helpless without his dagger. The idea of punching a boulder until it broke though didn't quite appeal to the young man. His dark-eyed gaze drifted down to look at the knuckles of his right hand. When the man introduced himself as Grave and extended his hand Kranzer reached out and shook hit firmly. "Kranzer."

His gaze shifted as he saw a rather large boulder and his eyes widened in disbelief. "We have to break that?" Suddenly he felt very sorry for the shape his knuckles were about to be in after all of this was over.

I nodded when the male confirmed that he had a wish to become more proficient with <<Martial Arts>>. "Good, good, it would be interesting to train a future Grandmaster, if that is the path you wish to wander." I explained almost dramatically, crossing my arms across my chest. "It is quite entertaining have the ability to bitch-slap things with the power of a polar bear." I mused with a chuckle, making a slapping motion in the air. I grinned wider when the male took my hand and shook it, introducing himself as Kranzer. "Pleasure, Kranzer." I replied politely, before looking to the boulder Kranzer had pointed out. "Aye. We are breaking that." I informed the male, approaching the large rock and placing a fist to it. "So we meet again, old friend." I whispered with a smile. I raised my hand in a blade and brought it crashing down into the rock, slicing a nice crevasse through the side. "That... was easier than I suspected." I mused with an awkward grin.

ID: 53017 BD: 6 (4 + 2) (1 NRG)

Party
Grave: 18/19 NRG
Kranzer: 5/5 NRG

Enemies
Boulder: 
42/50 HP

Edited by Grave

Kranzer blinked when Grave said it would be interesting to train a future Grand Master and that it was a pleasure to meet him. The man seemed genuine enough and it caused Kranzer's cheeks to flush with color as he looked a little flustered. He wasn't accustomed to such reactions so he simply nodded. "It's a pleasure to meet you too." He might have said more. That is if it wasn't for the fact Grave confirmed that they would indeed be breaking that massive boulder. He was so blown away by that fact that he simply followed along in disbelief. When he raised his hand like a blade Kranzer stepped forward with his hand raised as if he thought this was a bad idea. Then Grave actually took out a sizable chunk of the boulder and all Kranzer could do was sit there and stare. His mouth slightly agape before he recovered and walked forward. "Alright I have to admit that was pretty awesome." He walked up and held his hand up in a similar motions and let out a low sigh. Kranzer just knew he was going to regret this.

His hand came down and slammed into the rock hard but with no where near the same effect as Grave's attack. There was a small crack left behind as he suddenly grabbed his hand and grimaced. This would have taken him forever to do and it made him truly appreciate the help Grave offered. That fact would be truly obvious in his dark-eyed gaze as he turned to look at the man.

ID: 53034; BD: 6 (5+1) (1 Eng)

Party
Grave: 18/19 NRG
Kranzer: 4/5 NRG

Enemies
Boulder: 
41/50 HP

Edited by Kranzer

I grinned widely when Kranzer displayed his admiration of the strike I landed on the boulder. "Yes, very much so. Being able to shatter boulders is quite an awesome skill to have." I responded arrogantly, scratching my chin as I watched the man take his turn. Within the echoing crack of the rock being attacked, there was a sickening slap of Kranzer's hand weakly slamming the boulder. "Ouch..." I grunted with a wince, before I came up to the boulder, raising both hands above it, fingers interlocked as a hammer. I brought the deadly weapon down, and whimpered as I felt my wrists smash into the rock. Not my fists; my wrists. "Sh... ite..." I whispered weakly. As much as pain was dampened in the game, that was not to say smacking specific points on the body would not paralyze you.

ID: 53212 BD: 5 (3 + 2) (2 NRG)

Regen +1 NRG

Party
Grave: 17/19 NRG
Kranzer: 4/5 NRG

Enemies
Boulder: 
41/50 HP

Kranzer couldn't help but wince as he continued to shake his head as he watched Grave's wrists impact solidly with the rock. He didn't comment on it though as he understood that a man's pride could only afford so much. Instead he stepped forward before the large rock and took a deep breath like he'd seen movie stars do in all of those movies before they slammed their hand down and broke through a series of bricks. Then his hand rose and came down to hit the rock. His eyes closed and his expression twisted as he took a quick step back and held his hand close. In the real world he was pretty sure he'd have broken something by now and it clearly wouldn't have been the bolder. His dark-eyed gaze shifted back to Grave. "I can only imagine how long I would have been at this without you here," he said before he laughed nervously.

ID: 53222; BD: 9 (8+1) (+1, -1 Eng)

Party
Grave: 17/19 NRG
Kranzer: 4/5 NRG

Enemies
Boulder: 
40/50 HP

Edited by Kranzer

I smiled as Kranzer managed to land another crack in the boulder. "Well... at the rate I am going, it is mainly you doing the work. I likely will not be punching Rocky for a while..." I whimpered, still massaging my injured wrists. "So instead..." I growled, letting go of my wrists and charging at the boulder. I leaped at the spherical mass and aimed to tackle it, only to overshoot and hit the top, sliding over the other side. My head hit the ground first, before the rest of my body slowly followed, toppling over onto the grass. "Damn it..." I sighed, blowing a lock of silver hair from my eyes.

ID: 53224 BD: 4 (2 + 2) (2 NRG)

Regen +1 NRG

Party
Grave: 16/19 NRG

Enemies
Boulder: 
40/50 HP

Edited by Grave

Kranzer could only offer a nervous laugh when Grave commented that he hadn't been able to do much yet. Even though Kranzer knew that most of the damage dealt was thanks to Grave and definitely not of his own doing. The young man stepped back as the man decided to take a new approach and charged the boulder. Only to jump too high and slide over it to land on his head. Kranzer grimaced but eventually walked up to the boulder and readied himself to attack it again. 

The young man worked at controlling his breathing and with a sudden shout his hand slammed down on the boulder. "Haaa!" The crack where he'd hit the boulder previously contained to widen and despite the pain in his hand Kranzer could only smile as he took a few steps back to check on his progress. "Phew. Well this isn't so bad," he muttered softly. His dark-eyed gaze shifted over towards Grave. In his mind the man was only trying to make Kranzer feel less inadequate by letting him do some of the work. So while the man had blundered Kranzer assumed it was just done on purpose.

ID: 53284, BD: 7(6+1) (+1, -1 Eng)

Party
Grave: 16/19 NRG

Enemies
Boulder: 39/
50 HP

Edited by Kranzer

Hearing the cracking of the boulder behind me once more, I peeled myself off the grass and shook my head. I was really making a fool out of myself, and I was supposed to be mentoring Kranzer, as I had appointed myself as his 'master'. "This is terrible..." I groaned, turning to face the rock. Bringing my foot back, I went to kick it, only to dig my toes in between the rock and the grass, my foot now being held captive by rock. "Damn you, Cardinal..." I growled, slamming a fist against the cave wall beside me, a shower of purple sparks raining down onto the boulder that had trapped me.

ID: 53287 BD: 5 (3 + 2) (2 NRG)

Regen +1 NRG

Party
Grave: 15/19 NRG

Enemies
Boulder:
39/50 HP

Edited by Grave

At first Kranzer didn't know how to react to Grave getting stuck. At first he simply blinked. The one thing he knew for certain was that this wasn't a laughing matter so he didn't even crack a smile. Rather than running to risk of delivering a wound to his potential teacher's pride he simply stepped up to the boulder and held his hand high. He extended his fingers like he would if he intended to deliver the patented karare chop, or more commonly known as a knife-hand strike.

His hand slammed down on the same place he'd been hitting and the stonecracked further. His progress was minimal but it was still progress. The young man let out a slow breath before he took a step back shocked that his hand hurt a little less with each strike.

ID: 53304, BD: 8(7+1) (+1, -1 Eng)

Party

Enemies
Boulder: 38/
50 HP

Edited by Kranzer

The simple force from Kranzer's knife-hand strike on the boulder rocked it enough for me to release my foot. "Thank you, friend." I said with a relieved sigh, swiping open my inventory and grasping an item from my inventory. "Screw it, I am getting serious now." I grumbled as I slipped the kitsune mask over my features, my voice becoming something more of a growl and my expression concealed. Standing by the rock, I spun around quickly, raising my leg over my head and bringing my heel crashing into the boulder, shattering a large portion of the giant rock. "Much better." I rasped through the mask.

ID: 53389 BD: 7 (5 + 2) (1 NRG) 

Regen +1 NRG

Party

Enemies
Boulder: 
30/50 HP

Edited by Grave

Kranzer could only blink as Grave equipped a mask and his voice changed. His foot swept around and scored a solid hit against the boulder which sent the young man back a step as he blinked. "That was pretty awesome." Kranzer wondered if it was the mask or just Grave's irritation that allowed him to pull that attack off, or was he just pulling Kranzer's leg this entire time by missing on purpose? Either way it didn't matter at that point. Following the lead of his potential teacher Kranzer pulled the edge of his scarf up to conceal his face from his nose down. His hand was reared back as he breathed in deeply. The air was pushed out of his lungs in one mighty push as his hand crashed down hard on the boulder and dislodged a small chunk of it. Kranzer could only blink as he looked at his hand and then at the boulder. "Huh."

ID: 53535, BD: 10(9+1) (+1, -1 Eng)

Party

Enemies
Boulder: 27/
50 HP (DMG: 1+2)

Edited by Kranzer

"Hah, are you impressed?" I asked the man, folding my arms over my chest as I watched him take out his own sizable chunk of rock. "Now that was a punch." I mused with a chuckle. Before taking up my own stance, left leg back this time. With a growl, I lashed out at the giant boulder, flinging my leg out to meet it, but mid-kick my mask dropped over my eyes and threw me off-balance, the toe of my shoe barely scratching the rock and my leg swinging me around to face the opposite way. With a pissed off growl I reasserted the mask at the top of my head and sighed. "This... sucks..."

ID: 53537 BD: 3 (1 + 2) (2 NRG)

Regen +1 NRG

Party
Grave: 14/19 NRG

Enemies
Boulder:
27/50 HP

Edited by Grave