[F1-PP] Like Yesterday (Kranzer)

Ratatosk remembered the other day when he gathered materials with a guy named Kranzer. They both got what they wanted, and that was materials, he just hoped that he would be able to gather alone for today. Things were going pretty well actually, he wasn't dead yet, he had tons of materials. He even got a bit of help from a front liner, and with that kind of help he is now able to strive to become like them, but still keep his individual style. "Alright, material material, where the [censored] are you?" The blonde kicked a few rocks, cut a few apples, and cut down a few tree branches but got nothing. "Damnit! Maybe that guy from yesterday could help me find some [censored] materials."

One more day passed in the virtual world and another day started. The young man had gotten an early start this morning to go out and try to gain his daily quota of material for the day. The sun had just started to crest over the eastern horizon as he passed through the gates. He didn't go out too far though since the day before he'd gotten back a little later than he originally intended. So today he'd just stay close by just in case. As he sifted through the grass around his feet he was slightly disheartened when he didn't find anything. The day had started off with failure and when he heard someone shouting off in the distance his expression went blank. "It can't be," he muttered as he looked around.

ID: 52495; LD: 1 [Nothing Found]

Edited by Kranzer

"Oh no you didn't! You [censored] piece of bull [censored] hijacking ass [censored]!" A boar came along and stole Ratatosk's apples, he tried to chase it down but it was able to outrun him. "You... Piece of [censored]! [censored] You!" He threw his sword on the ground and panted heavily, he didn't sprint that fast in his entire life and now he was tired. "Ah [censored] damnit, guess I'm going to need to search for materials again today." His hands explored the vast contents of the grass, searching through each and every nook and cranny. "Let's see where, what's this? Damnit! Another piece of [censored] again!"

ID#52953

Loot 5

Edited by Ratatosk

"Ignoring," he muttered as he heard Ratatosk yelling somewhere off in the distance. He remained crouched down in the knee high grass as he carefully picked his way through it. He would have been just content to keep on with that if a boar hadn't come charging into the are. "What?!" Kranzer quickly jumped back as he pulled back the left side of his coat and unsheathed his dagger. "Where did you come from," he muttered as it continued charging through the tall grass towards him. Was it coming from the direction of Ratatosk? It was difficult to really tell but regardless it had presented itself as a threat. The edge of his blade glistened with a lavender glow as he rushed forward to meet its charge. He struck forward twice in rapid succession as he scored two hits along its flank.

The beast's charge carried it right passed Kranzer as he dove to the side only to roll back onto his feet. A slight smile played at the corners of his lips as he prepared for the next pass. The boar slowed as it prepared to turn.

Spoiler

Roll ID #52955 - BD: 7[6+1] [Kranzer HITS with Side Bite!]
MD:  2 [4-2]  [Thief Boar MISSES!]
Kranzer: 20 HP | 5-2=3 EP | 4(2*1)=8 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 12 MIT
Dire Wolf: 5[10-(10-3)] HP | 6 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | 3 MIT
Hate: Kranzer[1]
Turns: Kranzer > Thief Boar

(Using Fate’s Hand[1 Acc; 2 Dmg]; Merlin’s Shroud[12 Mit; 2 Eva])

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk saw Kranzer fighting a boar, he knew he could handle it on his own so he didn't intervene, he'd only jump in if necessary. "Let's see here, how many materials can I get by the end of the day? Ugh, this is [censored] boring." The blonde unsheathed his sword and charged up to the boar, preparing his Snake Bite sword art. He tragically missed and sighed, "Really?" Running away was not an option now, the boar would target him too and he needed to stand his ground. "Hey Kranzer, how about we team up for this one, I think you and I could make a great duo."

ID#52957

Battle 3

Ratatosk: 20/20 HP, 3/5 Energy, 2 DMG

Edited by Ratatosk

His gaze shifted over towards the youth as he ran up and unsheathed his dagger. The offer to team up was suggested and Kranzer admitted that it was an interesting prospect. After all gathering materials from these boar was much faster than trying to find them out in the wild. He offered the youth a quick nod in confirmation as he charged towards the boar once more. His blade started to glow once more as he prepared to unleash Side Bite once more. Twice his blade struck out and twice it hit its mark. Mid charge the <<Thief Boar's>> HP gauge was reduced to zero and the beast died. Blue fragments of data were all that remained of its body before they too vanished. Kranzer was just about to let out a breath as an apple suddenly flicked up into the air from the beast's maul and he caught it with his left hand.

"What," he said suddenly as he looked at the apple. One quick look over at Ratatosk and then back to the apple was all it took before he tossed it over towards the youth. "It may be faster if we hunt these things. What do you think?"

Spoiler

Roll ID #52958 - BD: 8[7+1] [Kranzer HITS with Side Bite!]; LD: 19 [+1 Uncommon Item]; +1 Material
MD:  [Thief Boar DIES!]
Kranzer: 20 HP | 3+1-2=2 EP | 4(2*1)=8 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 12 MIT
Dire Wolf: 5-(8-3)=0 HP | 6 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | 3 MIT
Turns: Kranzer > Thief Boar

Total Loot: 1 Material, 1 Uncommon Item

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk looked at Kranzer while putting his sword on his back, "Well, there's a small potential that we could die, but I doubt that will happen, there's two of us. And if we do hunt these things, we'd need to take momentary breaks from time to time to recover our energy. All in all, I do think it's better, but we should be a little bit more careful while hunting, I'm not saying we should go back to plain searching though, that's boring." The blonde positioned his sword on on the tip of his finger and did a trick with it. "Well, what are you waiting for? Let's do this!"

Ratatosk: 20/20 HP, 5/5 Energy, 2 DMG

Edited by Ratatosk

Kranzer nodded slightly. "Aye though with my armor I won't be in any real danger and aye I need to take a short break now to recover my energy now that you mention it." The young man sheathed his dagger as he crouched down low and took a brief glance towards the small blue bar that represented his energy. It wasn't quite full yet but it wouldn't take too long for that to change. "And don't worry I exercise extreme caution in what I do and i've learned that I can handle at least two at a time." His gaze shifted back towards Ratatosk as he considered the young man for a few moments. "Do you have any armor on that gives you some mitigation to reduce the damage you take?" The grey menu appeared to his left that detailed everything he'd gotten from the boar but it was ignored for the time being. For now he opened up his menu and sent the youth a party invitation. The least he could do was keep an eye on his health gauge in case anything started to go wrong.

Spoiler

EP: 2 + 1 = 3
Total Loot: 1 Material, 1 Uncommon Item

Ratatosk looked at Kranzer and sheathed his sword. "Nope, I've got absolutely no mitigation at all. Just look at my outfit dude, you can basically see my bare shoulders. But that shouldn't really matter in combat, the lowest level boar here does at least three damage and has four health, we can take them on easily and earn a lot more materials than we would if we only searched for them. When you're ready, give the call and I'll join in on the battle." The blonde walked over to Kranzer and stepped on a material, "Hmm? Oh, nice." He picked it up and waited.

ID# 52960

Loot 16

+1 Material

Edited by Ratatosk

Kranzer blinked at the man's response. No mitigation? He pondered over that for a few moments before he turned his attention towards the grass around his feet. Maybe this wasn't such a great idea. "If that's the case then let me draw their aggro first. That way they will attack me and not you. As for the weaker ones I discovered that they won't drop anything for us. We need to aim for ones that are stronger to really get anything from them." He continued to shift the grass around in his search of anything useful. It took a few moments but eventually he pulled out a small item which brought a smile to his face. "How many material are you looking to get today," he asked as he cast a sidelong glance towards Ratatosk. The item was stored in his inventory as he checked his energy gauge and he was happy to see that it was nearly full again. Until then though he continued to sift through the grass.

Spoiler

ID: 52965; LD: 18 [1 Material Found]

EP: 3 + 1 = 4 [2nd post out of combat]
Total Loot: 1 Material [Combat], 1 Uncommon Item, 1 Material [Non-Combat]

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk shifted his hands through the grass just like Kranzer, "Guess I'm aiming for about as many materials as possible today, after I get enough I won't really need them anymore and probably donate it all to the current tailor with the cheapest prices. Anyways Kranzer, we got off to a bad start the other day, I'm Ratatosk but you probably already know that, and your level should be five just like mine, so we will be fighting boars with ten health points and at least three damage. We can't fight things with high damage though, that's not good." The blonde's fingers searched around in the grasses, "Hey, I found a material!"

ID# 52967

Loot 20

+1 Material

Edited by Ratatosk

Kranzer nodded at the idea of just gathering as much as they could. "So long as we're back in town before dark I will be good with that," he added in quickly. While he listened to him speak Kranzer continued his search. He was mildly surprised when Ratatosk said they got off to a bad start and introduced himself. Kranzer nodded slightly. "Things can get frustrating at times I know how that can be. It's ok though so don't worry too much about it. I didn't take anything personal and I apologize for any part I played in it." When Ratatosk declared that he'd found another material Kranzer's hands emerged from the tall grass remarkably empty. "At least one of us is having some luck," Kranzer said with a smile. It was then that he saw his energy gauge fill up and he quickly accepted the loot from the boar he'd killed without really looking at it. "Ok looks like I am ready. I think if we attack four at once we should be ok. Just let me go in first?" He looked back to Ratatosk to see if he agreed with that plan. "Unless you think you could take some on your own? It'd help speed this up, the only thing is without any mitigation I wouldn't advise just attacking the ones I attack to be safe."

Spoiler

ID: 52968; LD: 5 [No Material Found]

EP: 4 + 1 = 5 
Total Loot: 1 Material [Combat], 1 Uncommon Item, 1 Material [Non-Combat]

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk gave him a determined look in his eye, "Alright, as soon as you're ready, we'll get this show on the road. You'll be in the fore while I'm in the rear, using my AoE to attack them when they're low. Now my damage ain't exactly the best, but at least we both benefit out of this right?" The blonde started searching for materials again, making sure he leaves no spot unchecked. "Let's see here, lot's of grass, [censored], probably find a good load of materials by the end of the day huh?" He unsheathed his blade and prepared, searching one last time to see if he has any luck. "Nope, looks like I got nothing, now time for some monster hunting!"

ID# 52969

Loot 11

Edited by Ratatosk

Kranzer nodded slightly as he waited for Ratatosk to get ready. He spent one last moment searching through the area before he was. At that point Kranzer would lead him along the way until he found a small group of the boars a short trek to the west. They were busy grazing a short distance from the treeline of a vast section of woods which meant they would need to exercise caution lest they draw the attention of the wolves that frequented that sort of terrain. Originally he planned to attack four at once but the more he thought about it and added the numbers up the less wise that approach seemed. "Alright change of plans. I am going to attack one of them for now to see how well we do. Try not to attack it if I miss. Otherwise you'll get all of the hate," he said as he pointed towards a <<Boar>> a short distance away that had separated from the larger group. His coat was pulled back so he could get to this dagger. Once it was free he gave Ratatosk one final look before he started to charge forward. Lavender light flowed down the length of his blade as he prepared to activate Side Bite only to miss it on the first try. Kranzer let out a low curse as the beast turned and struck a clean blow against his side.

Spoiler

Roll ID #52971 - BD: 5[4+1] [Kranzer MISSES with Side Bite!]
MD: 6[8-2] [Boar HITS!]
Kranzer: 20-1=19 HP | 5-2=3 EP | 4(2*1)=8 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 12 MIT
Dire Wolf: 10 HP | 3 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | 3 MIT
Turns: Kranzer > Boar > Ratatosk

Total Loot: 1 Material[Combat], 1 Uncommon Item, 1 Material [Non-Combat]

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk put his blade in one hand and closed his eyes. "I am Ratatosk, and if I am only a pawn in this game, then so be it." His sword flashed a deep blue as he charged up to the boar with his sword pointed directly at it. "C'mon Kranzer, not backing down now are we?" The blonde's sword hit the boar directly and reduced its health points into the yellowish green zone. "Not so tough are we now, boar?" He flipped his sword and kept his eyes on the enemy and Kranzer, "One more rotation, and you deal the final hit, get ready!"

ID# 52980

Battle 10

Ratatosk: 20/20 HP, 3/5 Energy

DMG: 2 (Base) + 2 (Crit) x 2 (Sword Art) = 8 Overall

Dire Wolf: 5/10 HP | 3 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | 3 MIT

Edited by Ratatosk

Once more Kranzer rushed forward and chose not to answer Ratatosk's question just yet. His blade emitted a lavender glow as he sought to finish the beast off though his strike missed as the beast suddenly changed its focus over towards the other man. "Crap! Look out!" The warning was apparently unnecessary as the Beast's charge took it way off course. "No I'm not backing down," he said but he had no real answer as to the reason behind his sudden poor display of his combat prowess. Could it be that he fought in the presence of another? No that couldn't be it. Light glinted off the surface of his dagger as he readied it for another attack in case Ratatosk wasn't able to finish it off.

Spoiler

Roll ID #52986 - BD: 3[2+1] [Kranzer MISSES with Side Bite!] (Geez at my luck >_>)
MD: 0[2-2] [Boar MISSES Ratatosk!]
Kranzer: 19 HP | 3+1-2=2 EP | 4(2*1)=8 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 12 MIT
Boar: 5 HP | 3 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | 3 MIT
Hate: Kranzer[0],Ratatosk[1]

Total Loot: 1 Material[Combat], 1 Uncommon Item, 1 Material [Non-Combat]

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk saw the boar miss and smiled, "Kranzer, a bit shabby on your combat skills today eh? Well don't worry... Because this is the final strike!" He activated his sword art Snake Bite once again, and his blade came crashing forth into the boar's skin, it's health points went into the orange zone, theblonde looked at it in surprise. "What! It's not dead! Damnit Kranzer, you get the final hit this time!" Ratatosk was dissappointed, he was about to pull off something cool but he was only four damage short of killing the monster.

ID# 52987

Battle 7

Ratatosk: 20/20 HP, 1/5 Energy

DMG: 2 (Base)  x 2 (Sword Art) = 4 Overall

Dire Wolf: 4/10 HP | 3 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | 3 MIT

Edited by Ratatosk

Kranzer nearly let his guard drop when Ratatosk boasted that he'd be landing the final strike. When he shouted his warning though Kranzer quickly rushed forward determined to end this once and for all. With a shout his blade started to emit a lavender light that danced along the edge of the blade. A visible trail was left in its wake as it struck out twice in rapid succession and scored a hit each time against the boar's left flank. The creature dropped to the ground where it burst into a series of blue shards that slowly started to dissipate as they rose up into the air. "Well that didn't go quite as planned," he muttered. He was happy that he didn't attack a group like he originally planned. A small grey window appeared and the young man quickly accepted the loot before he moved away from the other boars to avoid drawing unintentional aggro.

Spoiler

Roll ID #52988 - BD: 9[8+1] [Kranzer HITS with Side Bite!] LD: 17 [1 Good item found] +1 Material
MD: [Boar DIES!]
Kranzer: 19 HP | 2+1-2=1 EP | 4(2*1)=8 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 12 MIT
Boar: 4-(8-3)=0 HP | 3 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | 3 MIT
Hate: Kranzer[-],Ratatosk[-]

Total Loot: 2 Material[Combat], 1 Good item, 1 Uncommon Item, 1 Material [Non-Combat]

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk enjoyed the battle, it was fun but then he saw the shrinking sun, daylight was burning. "Looks like we're running out of time to hunt... Gonna be dark soon so we better wrap this up and look for some materials on our way back to town." The blonde sheathed his blade and made his way back to town, who would've known that this death game could be fun. "The next time we meet Kranzer, we'll both be more powerful. And maybe we can take on twenty of those at one time." On the way back he searched for materials but found nothing.

ID# 52998

Loot 9

Edited by Ratatosk

Kranzer's gaze shifted to the sky and his heart sank at how long they'd been out here. "Yeah you're right. Let's head back." The young man quickly stood up and followed suit. As he walked he took the time to sift through the grass as they went but he wasn't able to find anything. While he didn't share Ratatosk's enthusiasm about facing twenty of the beasts at one he did figure soon he'd be able to handle more than one Mob at a time. He'd just need more strength to accomplish that. Once they were safely back in the city Kranzer sorted through everything he'd gotten. "So far I have a total of three materials, one item of good quality, and one item of uncommon quality." He sorted through the items as he waited to hear how well Ratatosk had made out this day and then work on figuring out how to split the loot.

ID: 53000; LD: 11 [Nothing Found]
Total Loot:  2 Material[Combat], 1 Good item, 1 Uncommon Item, 1 Material [Non-Combat]

Edited by Kranzer