[PP: F7][Complete] The Amazon and the Dragoon [Lawfer & Magda]

Opal had been standing once more at the edge of Nimbus, cloaked in her Vice Commander's suit and arms folded over her chest. Her white eyes that shined like diamonds in the morning light caught glimpse of the horizon as the sun was lighting up the sky. Narrowing slightly in her gaze towards the mountains, the woman had moments before sent out a message to Lawfer and the sister of Mack, Magda to join her today in a possible dungeon dive through the mountain passes. Magda was given specific coordinates when Opal sent the message unsure if she knew of the floor's layout. But it was as precise as she could get it to be. Upon her back was the elongated blade of the Masamune X, a terrifyingly large odachi wielded by the woman who didn't seem like she could handle the blade size at all. But she was a master of her weapon and she did not let the size bother her when she first took up the blade in its first tier form. 

Breathing in and exhaling slowly the woman found her inventory items and clicked on her whetstone alchemized item. Removing the sword from the saya, she placed the blade down and stared carefully applying it to the whetstone until it was absorbed with the potent power of the item. When she was pleased with the sharpness, she slid a finger across the blade and nodded. Now to wait for the others...

-

Notes: Whetstone Applied: +4 Dmg for Thread

Edited by Opal
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having heard a ping from his interface, Lawfer raised his right hand. As he opened the message, he noticed it was from the Vice commander. Normally the man would have been eager to help, but this would be now the 3rd time they would try for the fabled ruins. Looking over at his companion Raise, he shook his head. "Yo Raise! Guild stuff, Ill be back later." He commented as he stood from his seat and stared at his freshly drawn pint of lager. "You take care of this one, I'll see you later." Lawfer finished as he looked over to the bartender Ryuu. "Catch you later Ryuu." As he began walking over to the door he raised his right hand and selected his battle equipment. As the armor and halberd materialized around him, he remembered that the meeting spot had always been the same. A minute or so passed as the Spearman found the Vice commander. "Hey Boss Lady." He commented, "Youre looking stunning today as usual."

Magda was mid cast of her old fishing rod when a ping alerted her to a new message. She quickly reeled it back in and opened her menu with a swipe of her hand. Before she went to the message that blinked on the interface she first cycled through the menus and unequipped the rod that she held in her left hand. It was covered in a light blue glow before it vanished only to be replaced with her hammer. The weapon was rather basic in design. The haft was roughly two feet long with cloth wrapped around the lower edge to provide a better grip. The weapon was quickly secured in a small loop on her left hip that kept it secured to the light brown leather belt that circled her waist. A long flowing black skirt fell down to just above her ankles which mostly concealed the black boots she wore. A teal tunic was cinched at the waist from the belt and extended down a few inches further. Its sleeves cut off just below the elbow and its collar was slit in the middle but it had been laced up so as to not reveal much skin. Her dark red hair stood out in stark contrast to her lightly tanned skin and bright eyes. Her hair flowed freely and fell past her shoulders.

Now that she'd swapped out her gear she swapped the menu over to the messages and read it silently. It was from Opal. Magda recognized the name as being someone from her brother's guild. Well it was her guild now too since Mack had seen fit to make that one of the requirements to see that she stayed safe at all time. Her brow slowly rose as she read the message's contents. "A dungeon raid on the seventh floor," she muttered under her breath. She was always up for a good fight though she just felt discouraged due to the fact that so far her overprotective brother had forbid her from doing any fighting until she'd been properly outfitted. She'd also never been to the seventh floor which was an adventure all on its own. She smiled happily as she turned and started and left both the pier and the lake far behind as she sprinted back towards the Town of Beginnings. She easily waved through the trees as she avoided the various Mobs that cropped up and in no time she raced across the plain of grass with the town's walls looming up in the distance. It took her a short while but soon she passed through the gates and took the most direct path towards the central plaza where the teleportation platform was located.

The instant she got there she quickly reviewed the message and leaned over to catch her breath. "Teleport..N...Nimbus," she managed to get out between breaths. One thing that her brother was likely to take exception with was her remarkable lack of fear due to the fact that she could very likely be faced with her mortality in this place. In her eyes though this was nothing more than a test for her. Here she could fight to her hearts content and the monsters she'd take out weren't living creatures so she had no need to restrain herself. The only issue was that in this world she didn't fight with her own natural ability. This place was dictated by data and numbers so if she wanted to fight she'd have to have the proper gear and levels to back her up. That was the prime reason why she went along with her brother's wishes for so long. When she stumbled out of the teleporter and into the plaza in Nimbus she had to blink a few times. Was she in a cave? She looked around and realized that there was stone directly over head. Small green crystal-like formations radiated green light from above which is why her vision was thrown off a little by the sudden change in the environment.

Once her eyes were adjusted though she followed the instructions and soon she came jogging into the area and waved at Opal and stopped long enough to consider the man who was near her. By keeping it to a light pace she'd managed to recover her breath by the time she arrived. "So, we're going dungeon diving are we?" Magda offered a large toothy grin as she looked from one to the other. Sometimes being nearly six and a half feet tall was a bother since most people here seemed to be so short. So it came as a pleasant surprise when she noticed the blond haired man was only an inch shorter than she was.

Opal turned on the ball of her foot and looked to Lawfer, "Vice Commander will do." she said smirking, those red full lips of her were clear as day as she looked him over, "You're not...drunk are you?" But before anything else could be said, Opal's eyes widened once more to the Amazon built woman, Magda. It was no denying it, there similarities were uncanny. Opal smiled once to the woman as she mentioned a dungeon dive.

"That is correct. We shall be exploring the Western part of the mountains this time to see if we can find any secrete entrances. We've had a run of bad luck so far, but who knows we might get lucky today?" Opal felt like a midget compared to Lawfer, and a hobbit compared to Magda as she felt when she was around Mack. But unlike her brother, the woman was as busty as the female before her, there was rarely any competition. Ariel, the blonde rapier of the once known Amethyst Descent Guild and friend, was one of the few she had met who matched her bust size. Now was Magda...Opal left out a small laugh at her thinking of the scenario of getting her alone and doing a fuller examination but that would have to wait for another time, and many drinks. 

Clearing her throat, the woman pressed her fingers to her two toned hair and swished them away from her eyes, "Alright. So, we will do some mob hunting as a light little warm up. Lawfer, you will take lead as I know you know this floor just as well as I do. We'll be heading west as I said, Magda. Follow close to Lawfer and do not engage any mobs. I know you'd rather be helping with the fight, but at your level, it wouldn't help to add hate to you from these mobs. But the good thing is, with us in the party you will still get the experience, so it's not as bad as it sounds. I'm gonna stick to the shadows, I have a new toy I wanna play with and I need to know how well it can be used on these minor mobs."

With that, Opal turned and looked over her shoulder to Lawfer, "She dies, Mack is gonna have a field day with you. So be sure to keep her safe." As Opal moved forward into the darkness, her figure had completely vanished. <<Sneak&Hide>> enabled. 

-

Notes: +11 Steath, 22 Total. 22+ on LD to find.

'Drunk..' Lawfer thought as a slight chuckle escaped his lips. "Come on Vice Commander, you know I wouldn't put others lives on the line." Lawfer commented as his attention turned to the twin. Her red hair and large frame signaled to him that it was Mack's sister. He had met taller women before, but he was still amazed that she was taller than him by 2 or so inches. "Well its good to know that someone got the looks in the family." The dragooon commented with a slight smirk. As the battle plan was relayed from the Vice commander Lawfer nodded his head in approval of the mission. It was true that he had become accustomed to the floor and would be able to take point. 

Turning his head to the Amazonian he smiled once more. "Good to meet you I'm Lawfer. Just stick close by, I'll make sure to keep you safe." He commented as he raised his right hand and withdrew Lawfer's strength. A neat little damage potion that Opal had made for him before he disappeared into the wilds. Raising it to his lips he drank the golden elixir. Turning his attention back to Opal, he winked. "Dont worry, I haven't let anyone die on my watch yet.... Well there was that one time, but it doesn't count." The golden haired spearman joked as he watched the woman disappear into the shadows. "Well Magda, lets get going. Lots of distance to put between us and the safe zone." 

As the spearman began walking towards in the direction of the mountainous region, he looked up at the sky. "I hope the rain stays away long enough for us to find the sub-dungeon."

-1 Lawfers Strength +3DMG

The slight widening of the Vice-Commander's eyes didn't go unnoticed but it wasn't commented on. Magda had long since grown accustomed to such reactions when people met her due largely to her impressive stature. Careful attention was paid as Opal spoke and soon Magda echoed some of her words as she said, "Right. The Western part of the mountains." The explanation didn't end there though and her brows rose in surprise when it was revealed that they'd searched the area before but to no avail. There was a hint of concern in her eyes but not concern for the danger they would face. She was just concerned with the prospect of them not finding a dungeon on this little run of theirs. If that happened well it would certainly dampen Magda's good mood. She quickly dismissed such negative thoughts and simply decided that she would just do her best to help them find this secret entrance. She was drawn out of her thoughts as Opal cleared her throat. With her mind back on the task at hand any hint of her inner thoughts faded from her expression. What she heard though was the same business about how she shouldn't engage any of the Mobs due to her level. Feeling a little disheartened she nodded. "I'll make sure to get strong enough soon to smash some of them with my hammer and not require any protection," she said as her mood started to shift back towards the positive.

She'd opted to become a tank so soon it'd be her that protected everyone rather than the other way around. Magda was intent on switching the circumstances of her place with Mack and all of the people in the guild. One day she would and that was something she'd make happen if need be. The Vice-Commander instructed Magda to follow Lawfer's lead and to avoid engaging the Mobs. She was just about to ask a question when Opal's body seemingly melded with the shadows. Magda's jaw dropped as she pointed and looked over to Lawfer to make sure she didn't just imagine it. She was so shocked that she missed the man's comment about someone having already died on his watch. He signaled her to follow and started to walk so she fell in step beside him and followed his gaze towards the sky. Rain was it? Normally she didn't mind the rain but on these paths here atop a mountain could prove to be very precarious.

Scouting ahead of the party, Opal had found her first set of mob enemies. With her sword drawn and sticking to the shadows, the nimble rogue in white took off like a bolt of light in their direction. The blade hummed with an ivory glow as it was swept through the air. Before the Sabertooths could react to the woman's presence she had easily enough dispatched them leaving behind a flurry of colored pixels that danced around her before vanishing altogether. Holding the Masamune X freely in one hand, she looked over her shoulders to find Lawfer and Magda in tow, sticking together one by one. 

"I cleared out this area just now, but my <<Sneak>> is on a cool down timer. I'll have to wait till I can go back and use that skill. So Magda, how are you enjoying the time in SAO? I know it must be a little difficult with only just the basics, but the guild is here to help you out. Its a good thing though you have a man like your brother around, he is dependable man and someone I look up to him as a former Crimson Blades member myself and I take his advice to heart." The Vice Commander had sheathed her weapon temporarily and stuck by the duo as they continued their chat and their march towards their destination.  

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 160/160
EN: 28/40
Sword Art: Gen Getsu || 12 EN || Dmg: 102 -20 Mit = 82

Champion Sabertooth x4: HP: 0/80 || Mit: 20 || Dmg: 60

ID: 52978
BD: 9 [+1 Dmg]
MD: 1
Loot: +4 Materials

Edited by Opal

Hearing screeches in the foreground, the golden haired spearman reached back and grasped the pommel of his Lawbreaker and lowered his stance having not known what was in front of them. As the silhouette of a woman appeared, Lawfer released the Halberd. It was the Vice Commander that they had lost track of prior. Shaking his head, he looked past the woman, and sprinted forward. In an instant the Dragoon, slung the massive halberd from over his shoulder as he passed the woman. She had been unknowingly tracked by some of the lesser mobs of the floor. 

Setting his feet, the Lawbreaker glowed crimson for an instant before he swung. <Trip expand> engaged and a cyclone of mayhem befell the young Saber tooth cubs that dared to bare their oversized fangs at the Vice Commander. Turning his head back to the woman, "Op.. I mean Vice Commander, I know that these little guys couldn't hurt you if they tried but try to be a little more cautious." He sarcastically commented with a smirk that drifted up the left side of his cheek. The spearman had been on the receiving end of many of Opal's jokes about being more cautious, so it felt right to rub it in a bit. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 80/80
EN: 8/20
Sword Art: <Trip Expand> -12 EN= 8+3= 11*6=66DMG - 13 MIT= 66

Sabertooth Cub x4: HP: 0/52 || Mit: 13 || Dmg: 21

ID: 52985
BD: 7
MD: Dead
LD: 15+2=17  +4 Mats +1040 Col

Edited by Lawfer

The sound of a commotion broke out ahead of them. As they approached Magda's grip upon her weapon only tightened. It wasn't until Opal's form came into view that she visibly relaxed. That is until Lawfer took of sprinting towards the Vice-Commander and it was then that Magda saw a group of feline creatures a little way passed her that the blond-haired Dragoon was headed for. It was rather curious though. Magda could have sworn that the Vice-Commander had instructed the man to keep a close eye on her but he didn't seem to hesitate in sprinting off and leaving her behind. "Well then," she muttered with a voice heavy with amusement. If Lawfer was prone to simply rushing off like this then she'd have to take extra care on where she went. The last thing she needed to do was get stuck in a group of beasties after he'd run off. For now though she just kept walking along at a leisurely pace until she caught up.

Upon getting closer she heard Opal's explanation that she'd have to wait for her skill to reset and Magda's brow rose in sudden understanding. That's how the Vice-Commander was able to vanish like that. It was a skill. A few strands of her crimson hair were brushed out of her face as she took a moment to consider the question Opal had just asked her. How was she enjoying her time in SAO? "Well to be honest I haven't really gotten to do much yet," she said finally. Mostly thanks to the very man Opal seemed to respect. The fact that Opal respected Mack wasn't that surprising since her big oaf of a brother could be pretty darn reliable most of the time. "I've had some fun fishing and meeting the different members int he guild and that's usually under Mack's watchful gaze." It was then that she turned her gaze so she could focus on Lawfer. "Oh and don't worry. I won't tell him how quick you were to leave me behind back there," she said with a playful smile. In truth she wouldn't as her brother did have something of a temper after all.

Looking at Opal once more Magda let out a low sigh. "Mack has always been someone I could depend on. I'm just eager to be able to fight beside him rather than having him watch out for me all the time."

Opal felt a cool rush of wind blow by her as the streak of golden hair lifted off of him as he rose to attack a new born spawn of creatures. The woman sighed, "I had told him to stick close to her..." the woman would have to exert her dominance over the spear bearer once he had finished. Opal had met Magda half way so as she didn't get ambushed by a spawn of mobs behind her while Lawfer took off to deal with the ones ahead. 

They spoke mildly for a moment before Lawfer made his return to the group, proud of his cautious nature that the woman had asked so many times before to be weary of, "And yes, in doing so you left Magda behind as well. I asked you to stay by her, if a group of mobs spawn around me, that'll be my problem to deal with. Your service is to Magda, and not myself in protecting me." The woman said with a confident voice to the Dragoon, she didn't raise her voice, or attempt to belittle him as badly as she could have, but she had to make her point crystal clear. 

Magda had explained prior that she didn't get to do much without the careful all seeing eye of her brother to watch over her. While it was the brother's duty to make sure she was alive and well, it didn't give him the right to keep tabs on her like that, "Well, we can create our own fun. I know several safe locations outside the safe zone that are free of mob spawns that I go to relax or just get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I'll give you those coordinates as we enter back into Nimbus with this possible dungeon run. Also, I am free and available anytime you wish to go on adventure. I'm just a tap away."

Brushing her hands through her hair once more, the woman saddled her Odachi over one shoulder and took lead once more but keeping up a few paces with the two behind, "And don't worry, Magda. We'll get you strong enough to overcome anything in this world soon enough. Once you hit level twenty-five, I know its a far way goal, you'll quickly become relevant with everyone else. I'll also call upon you when I go out for another dungeon run as well. The skill points and experience acquired through them can really make you move up the levels quickly." 

OOC: Last post for the night for me, sorry I couldn't burn through another few post. I'll pick it up tomorrow evening. :)

Lawfer giggled lightly after the red haired woman's comment. "Well if the Vice Commander wasn't right there, not even Mack would be able to make me leave your side." The golden haired Dragoon joked, only to receive a not so rough tongue lashing that the Vice Commander laid on him. He knew that Magda was close enough to the two that she was in no immediate harm, but he wasn't going to talk back and bicker in front of the new member. "You got it Vice Commander." He said in a pleasant tone. "Well now that the path has been paved let's move forward." He finished as he stayed ahead of the two ever so slightly and remained vigilant. As the pair of busty woman continued on their chat, he really didn't find the need to interject anything in particular as the Vice Commander was doing a great job of encouraging Magda. 

A few moments later the wind shifted towards south slightly, causing the long golden hair of the dragoon to shift as well and drop in front of his eyes. Moving the strands aside with his right hand, he looked up at the sky once more. 'Seems like the storm is shifting, maybe we wont see any rain after all.' He thought to himself as he turned his head back to check on the women that trailed him.

(OOC: Sorry for the short post, trying to multitask and failing.)

For the most part Magda remained silent while the Vice Commander chastised the golden haired Dragoon. In truth she wasn’t overly upset over what he’d done and her little quip about not telling Mack on him was really just a joke. So she decided to just not say anything and let the ninja woman do her job. Opal seemed to consider what she’d said about her brother’s over-protectiveness and offered a solution. Magda’s eyes widened as she felt excited over the prospect of having some fun. Her favorite thing in life was fighting first and fun second. When one wasn’t possible the other was always an option. Magda didn’t quite share any enthusiasm for finding locations to relax in she figured it was best to at least give it a try. “I’ll definitely check them out at least,” she said with a smile. That was the least she could do anyway since the Vice Commander was so kind to offer. They might also provide a quiet place for her to sit down and actually think for a few moments.

When Opal said she was free and available anytime Magda wanted to go on an adventure the redhead’s gaze immediately sought her out as she stared at her with doe eyes. “Really?” There was a sense of wonder there as a grin spread across her face. “I hope you don’t change your mind when you hear from me a lot. I'm always ready for the next adventure.” Magda beamed at the thought of going on an adventure frequently. This day proved to only get better and better with each step they took. The statement Opal made about how she’d be relevant to everyone once she hit twenty five only encouraged the red head and the offer for Magda to join in on another dungeon run was immediately met with an adamant nod. “Oh now that would be great! I’ll help tackle any and every dungeon there is so long as I’m invited.” It wasn’t like she had much else to do with her time and in truth she preferred going on an adventure over just sitting around in the safety of a town.

If dungeons would see her level rise quickly then she’d be gunning for those at every available opportunity. Lawfer’s comment about the only reason he left her side was because of the Vice Commander received a subtle smirk from the redhead. “Is that so? So I imagine if my brother was here you’d be adamant about close to my side?” That thought was somewhat amusing though the idea of her brother getting overprotective again dampened her amusement down a few levels. She did offer the blond dragoon a brief wink before the shift in the wind sent her crimson hair flowing across her face. Magda had to brush it back out of her face and secure it behind her ears so she could see. Lawfer made the comment that they might not get a storm after all which created a small sense of disappointment within the redhead. Magda sure loved the rain after all and the flash that heralded the rumbling thunder was something she could simply sit back and marvel over for hours on end. She kept walking regardless as her gaze moved from one curiosity to the next. "There was been something I've been thinking on for a while now. My goal is to become a tank capable of protecting everyone during those boss fights Mack told me about. I've heard his input on what makes a good tank and the input of others. I'd like to get some fresh views on it so I can reach my own conclusion on it." Her eyes shifted from Lawfer to Opal as she pondered what they're responses would entail.

(OOC: Don't worry about it. Sometimes a short post is all it takes to get a thread moving along)

Edited by Magda

"Well, right now Aincrad has 2 very strong tanking players. Tristan from the Azure Brigade and our very own Commander Heathcliff. Though the Commander does not speak much and is rarely seen, I have been told he is quite the formidable tank amongst all the others. There was another tank I got to see first hand at my first floor raid, I can't remember the woman's name from the top of my head but her she wore 3 pieces of equipment rather than equipment and a weapon. If you wanna go full tank, you'd wanna look at Heavy Armor, Block and Howl. I've seen others who use weapon skills as well mixed in with their tank core, but those players are more soloers. Much like a Support Player, those who are tanks do better in groups of players with a spread of DPS and AoE, as long as you focus on mitigation though, you are on the right step to becoming a tank." 

Opal had made her comment clear on her stance on a true tank, though to suffice it, the woman had seen Commander Heathcliff with an interesting sword time from time and so his build might be a little different than others. But in general, most would agree that tanks eat damage, not dish it out. 

As per the comment of the weather from the golden haired Dragoon, Opal turned her eyes to the sky above her. It was true, the clouds did seem to be shifting, "It might go over us, that's true. But if there is one thing, expect the unexpected. And always prepare for the worst. Lawfer!" The Vice Commander spoke up for a moment to catch his attention, "I'm going back into the shadows to scout on ahead, please stay by Magda's side while I hunt a little ways up north." The woman bound to the left side of the mountain path where the shadows stalked, her body once seen now unseen as she shifted into her <<Sneak&Hide>> grand mastered skill. This would be another good opportunity for her to test out <<Surprise Attack>> depending on the Cardinal System of course, though Opal had been lucky with her accuracy of attacks recently. 

OOC: Only post I can dish out tonight, loves. I have an early work day tomorrow. 

As the crimson haired woman spoke of her brother, Lawfer couldn't help but chuckle once more. "Yeah... Not for one moment....  I think Mack would prefer it that way." Lawfer said jokingly, he knew how protective Mack was of the women that were close to him. He could only imagine the Red Ogre's face if he had made that type of remark in person. "But I couldn't mess with Mack like that, you are his sister." The golden haired man said with a return wink. "I can't mess around about a friends sister, even if it would be fun to see him huff and puff.." Pausing for moment, he allowed for Opal to give her speech on being prepared. "Vice Commander.... We both know that I enjoy storms and am prepared with ample amounts of dry clothes... But we should miss this one, its moving south so at most we should catch some light rain fall. Besides... I think you still have one of my shirts from the last time it rained when we were together." He commented with a smirk, as his blue eyes locked onto hers, before she disappeared once more.

Turning his attention back to Magda he smiled, "We should probably keep moving that way Opal has to actually come looking for us." The spearman stated sarcastically, as he motioned for the tall amazon to follow. As the duo continued their way west, Lawfer shortened his lead, so that he was practically in arms reach of his companion. Turning his head back to the woman, he locked his eyes onto hers. The woman was quite beautiful had she not been one of his superiors blood relation, and Lawfer not had his eye on someone else, this little excursion would be filled to the brim with flirtatious comments. "So Magda, What do you think of our motley little crew?"

(OOC: I officially hate posting on my phone)

The two most renowned tanks were Tristan of the Azure Brigade and their very own oh so elusive Commander Heathcliff? All that told her was she could rise up to become one of a small group of tanks. Opal went on to account on a woman she’d seen fighting during her first floor raid who wore three pieces of equipment rather than with a weapon. That was a rather intriguing thought. The more she thought about the more her brow furrowed. The Vice Commander only saw this woman during her first floor raid? That begged the question of why? What happened to this woman? Now Magda was rather straightforward and often spoke her mind but even she had her limits. Usually there was only one reason why a fighter stopped fighting. Either they were dead or they just simply couldn’t fight any more and in this world where injuries weren’t permanent that mean only one answer that truly fit.

The mention of the three skills she’d need perked Magda back up and the mention of weapon skills at times being mixed in with a tank core but those who do aren’t true tanks slowed her pace. “I had hoped to use my hammer to either stun or paralyze the opponent but I suppose since I would be working with a group that task could be left to someone else,” she said offhandedly. “If you think that’s a bad decision I wouldn’t mind changing my plans. I do want to become a true tank.” When Opal talked about support players it made Magda think of her Shield Sister, Samriel. She smiled as she thought about that young blonde who put all of her skill points in first aid while she made sure to listen to what the Vice Commander had to say. Apparently Mitigation was the main focus of a tank which caused her to nod slightly.

She pondered over this while the other two discussed the weather. While she walked Magda grossed her eyes drifted down to focus on the ground in front of her. She was only drawn from her thoughts when Lawfer stepped closer and revealed that he couldn’t mess with Mack like that since she as his sister. Magda couldn’t deny that logic. “Yeah you’re right. He’d probably tear your arms off and beat you with them.” She let out a soft chuckle along with a slight shake of her head. Opal chose to scout ahead once more and Magda simply stared when she just up and vanished again. Now that was pretty impressive. When Lawfer suggested that they should move on Magda followed. She’d started to drift back into her thoughts when she suddenly realized that Lawfer had stepped within her reach and asked a question. “Huh,” she said initially almost like she was in a daze. “Oh. Everyone has been great so far.”

She smiled as she thought about the few members she’d actually gotten to meet since her arrival. “So back to this tank business. Since my job would just to be to take a hit. I guess focusing only on Mitigation, Regen, and Thorns would be ideal?” She turned to look Lawfer in the eyes to see what his reaction to her question would be.

Edited by Magda

Appearing out of the shadows and towards the mob of Champion prehistoric type tigers, the woman's blade lit up with the pulsating energy of a silver aura. She swept her odachi, the Masamune X, left and right before striking them down before they could even see what had came after them. The streaks of light faded as the sword art <<Gen Getsu>> wore off. Flicking the blade with her wrist to the side, the woman sheathed her weapon and found Magda and Lawfer coming up to the rear and catching up. Red lips curled into a soft smile as the woman hefted the heavy weapon over one shoulder and resumed walking with them and collecting her loot. 

"We aren't that far away from the mountain base and the area I wanted to see if it had any hidden switches or passageways. Keep your eyes peeled for anything that may look out of place." The woman looked up at the sky, it was quite the overcast with the grey clouds billowing overhead of them, but Lawfer knew these patterns more than anyone else. It seemed like they would miss most of the storm, and at most get a small little trickle out of the system. Opal didn't worry so much about the rain, and she had forgot the last time it had done so on this floor was the first time she had met up with Lawfer, the Dragoon. She still had his shirt, he had left that night due to temptation on both of their parts. She would give the item back later though, right now it would probably be awkward with Magda around and she didn't want the new recruit getting the wrong idea about the entire ordeal. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 160/160
EN: 18/40
Sword Art: Gen Getsu || 12 EN || Dmg: 108 -20 Mit = 88

Champion Sabertooth x4: HP: 0/80 || Mit: 20 || Dmg: 60

ID: 53334
BD: 3 [Auto hit- Surprise Attack +1 Dmg]
MD: didnt see it coming! 
Loot: +4 Materials

Edited by Opal

"He would definitely try to... That's for sure." The golden haired Dragoon stated at he chuckled. The thought of Mack ripping off his arms was quite devious but it would be funny all the same.  "Well that's good to hear. I'm sure if anyone gives you trouble Mack will rip of their arms and beat them to death." Lawfer commented sarcastically, while winking once more at the red head. Looking to the sky once more, as the wind shifted yet again, the blue eyed man took a moment to ponder about the woman's question. It had been about the best method of building her character, the woman wanted to be a tank. Something that the spearman never thought about, the man typically soloed in his time in Aincrad, but he knew the limitations that placed on himself. Looking back into the woman's crimson eyes, he smiled once more.

"If your looking to be a tank then I would say those are enhancements are a good start. I'm strictly a Damage dealer as of right now, so I error on the side of max possible damage. But I would prioritize Mitigation and Regen if I was in your situation...." He paused for a moment for his words to set in. Brushing back his hair, he continued. "Thorns are great but if you cant mitigate and heal the minor damage you receive, then you wont be able to stay in a fight too long." Pausing once more, he averted his eyes to the womans body to examine the woman's current equipment. It took a moment to focus, as she had excellent features. "That's if you are in a party though... If you plan on soloing, I would recommend that you have mitigation and thorns. That way you wont have to worry about only dealing damage through low grade sword arts... But I suggest you pick two enhancements and stick to them in the beginning. You don't need to try to have a little of everything, it will put you in a bind and cause you to have to buy more equipment. But that is for you to decide. Just remember to keep some healing pots on you at all times." HAving felt long winded at this point, Lawfer simply smiled. "Well enough of that."

Grasping his spear quickly, he looked to the north to see the shiloute of Vice Commander Opal once more. Releasing the handle of his spear, the Dragoon shook his head. 'Little good that would have done.' He thought to himself as he tried to imagine the current him trying to even hit the Vice Commander. As she gave the group a heads up, to keep their head on a swivel for the dungeon entrance. Lawfer's head perked up, "Mind If I hed to higher ground Vice Commander?" he asked as he felt a solitary rain drop touch his right cheek. 'I hate it when I'm right about these things.' He thought to himself.

Magda didn’t see the Vice Commander suddenly reappear nor did she see the group of beasties that lurked farther down the path. She did hear their deaths and looked forward just in time to see the shards of blue data as they flowed away from where the creatures once stood. She was still a ways ahead of them and as Lawfer spoke Magda paid careful attention to the advice he have her. She’d occasionally nod as he spoke but didn’t say anything until she was certain he had finished. “Now what I would really like to do is,” she said as she idly took note of his wondering eyes but made no comment on it as she figured he must have been checking her equipment out and she paused long enough for him to finish what he was saying. The first moment she had she finished what she intended to say, “To have at least two sets of gear. One set to wear while I go hunting solo and another set up to use in a party.” Those dark eyes shifted to look at Lawfer and a feint smile spread across her lips. “Of course those are some of my long term plans.”

Lawfer declared that was enough and for a moment Magda was confused but she quickly figured he meant their time alone had come to an end now that they rejoined with the Vice Commander. When she mentioned that they should keep a wary eye out for any signs of a passage that had been concealed Magda's gaze shifted from one part of the path to another. They never stayed focused on one area for too long. A drop of water plopped on the end of Magda’s nose while Lawfer made his request to head for higher ground. Magda's brow furrowed as he eyes shifted to change her focus. She tried to stare at the tip of her nose before she smirked and started to keep a closer eye on their surroundings. If he was headed up for higher ground Magda figured that meant she’d be sticking close to the Vice Commander for the time being. "Think we'll be getting some rain?" The redhead looked up towards the sky as she cupped her hand over her brow.

Opal laughed and shook her head, "Ask the weather man that question," she said pointing to the Dragoon. Clearing her throat once more, Opal looked to Lawfer and nodded, "Alright. I'll let you scout the area. Magda, if you'd like to try and be more focused on the search, I'll loan you my coat and ring. They both add points to your luck, so you might have a keener eye with searching for the dungeon entrance." 

It was a simple enough for Opal to find the items in question. She scrolled through her inventory, picking both items out of and sending Magda a quick open trade, "Those are the two items. I would like them returned when you are through though. They help me when I do random materials searched when I am not slaying the mobs." 

-1 Treasure Seeker Costume [+1 LD]
-1 Opal Ring [+1 LD]

With that, the woman sent the trade to Magda. Brushing her hands through her hair, the woman felt the chill of her bones from the passing gust of wind, "So, Lawfer...no rain right? In anycase. Lawfer you can take the high ground, but no wander too far off. Magda, make sure you don't roam too far away either from me. We should all be visible to one another at all times. Alright, let's go find us that dungeon entrance!" 

"Well if the wind keeps shifting like this... we will need a place to hide out." Lawfer replied to the platinum bombshells question, as he winked. After receiving the go ahead from the Vice commander he grinned. "Well you two lovely ladies sit back and relax, I'll be back soon. Don't miss me too much." the blue eyed dragoon stated, and then ran towards a large sized stone that was situated next to the rockface that had almost completely boxed the group in. Planting his foot on top of the boulder, he leapt to the edge of the rock face. As his hands caught, he secured his grip and proceeded to pull himself up and climb.

A light rain began to fall as he scaled the rockface making each hand placement even more crucial than the next. 'I'm not gonna die from rock climbing.' the golden haired man repeated in his mind as he made his way to the top. It was a perfect view of the surrounding area, and the oncoming storm. "Ah [censored]." He exclaimed as he could see the storm, the lighting split the sky in the distance, and thunder rumbled. Removing his attention from the storm, he surveyed the area until his eyes came upon a ruined pillar that was just south of the group. Looking down the rockface then accross the gap.... The ledge on the other side was quite lower than the one he was standing on. Lawfer felt like taking a gamble. Taking a few steps back, he sprinted towards the ledge and jumped.

As he began to fall, he quickly realized that he wouldn't make it. He would fall just short of the ledge and smack into the rockface. "[Censored]" He yelled. Out of desperation, he reached over his shoulder and slung his Lawbreaker forward as he drew closer to the opposite side. As it sunk into the rock face, he sighed. "Too close Lawfer!" He murmured to himself as rain drops continued to fall. Pulling himself up with his halberd, he climbed the rockface to the new ledge. Reaching down, he ripped his LAwbreaker from the stone and latched the halberd into its harness. With the pillar now in clear sight, he walked towards it. "This had better actually be something..." He commented as he brushed his damp hair from his face and observed the pillar. 

After a few moments he noticed a slight indentation on right side of the ruined pillar. Lifting his right hand, he applied pressure. The indentation on pillar shook, and then retreated. It was a switch. With a slight rumble, a giant rock door opened on the ground level near Opal and Magda, who were still below him. Walking to the edge, he began to climb down methodically, before his hand slipped on the wet rock and he began falling from about ten feet from ground. Landing straight on his back, he shook his head as he looked at his companions then smiled. "Well I think we found it..." he said with a wink, as the light rain turned to a heavy down pour.

Sub-Dungeon Search
ID: 54103  LD:20+2=22 Advanced Dungeon

Edited by Lawfer