[PP: F7][Complete] The Amazon and the Dragoon [Lawfer & Magda]

The fact that the Vice Commander was willing to trust her with some of her items rather impressed Magda and it also spoke volumes over the reputation her brother managed to maintain. "Absolutely," she said with a smile. "I'll return them soon as we're done." The items were quickly equipped and while Lawfer headed off Magda's gaze shifted to the skies. It certainly looked like they were in for some rain. If it wasn't for the terrain they were in Magda really wouldn't mind some rain rain. It was definitely better than snow. Well almost everything was better than snow. When she turned to look towards Opal Lawfer had already climbed up towards higher ground. "Do you think we'll find something out here?" Her eyes shifted along the rock face as she searched for anything that looked out of place. She walked over towards it and started to run her hand along its partially rough surface. Maybe she'd find some hidden lever. The sound of something suddenly shifting from behind her drew Magda's attention away from what she was doing. A door had opened up in the middle of the ground before her and that's when she turned just in time to see Lawfer fall. "You alright?" She walked over towards him but he seemed to be playful enough.

Magda flashed him a grin and walked over towards the Vice Commander. The items were unequipped and sent back towards her through a trade request. The redhead quickly cycled through her menu and equipped the gear her brother had given her. A set of titanium plate appeared over her body in a flash. The metal had been dyed white and accented with trim of a similar color as her hair. She equipped her shield which consisted of the same alloy as her armor and had also been dyed white. A crimson border ran along the edge of the shield and a cross formed of embedded rubies split the white field in four spaces. With her armor on she eased her way towards the entrance and whistled. "I have to say finding a secret dungeon is pretty exciting." She wanted to just jump right in but she knew to do so would only invite death so she quieted that urge and simply took a couple steps back.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Get up, Lawfer. No time for taking a nap. But thank you for finding the dungeon. That was some mighty fine footwork, but you need to work on your landing. I'll give you about 6, what about you Magda?" 

After smiling and receiving her items, Opal skimmed through her inventory once more as she spoke to the twin sister of her 3rd in Command, "From this point on Magda, I want you to stay behind me and Lawfer. I know it sounds unfulfilling, but if something were to happen to you, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I have yet to lose a friend in battle and I don't plan on losing anyone either. Take these items, once we find the boss in the dungeon, I'll be relying on you to support me and Lawfer." Pikcing through her list of items, Opal sent the trade to Magda. 

The list of items: 
x4 Cure Potions [+20 HP Recovery]
x1 HP Recovery Potion [+15 HP
x2 Recovery Crystals [+20 HP]

"There we go. Alright..." Opal looked down at the stairs heading down from their current location. It looked dark and wet down there. Opal swept the strands of platinum hair from her eyes, "Alright. I'm gonna go and move ahead in the cover of darkness and scout up front. It seems we need to take out a number of dungeon mobs before getting to the boss, so we need to clear out that trash first. Lawfer, if you plan on attack mobs, make sure Magda is at least close by. Knightly duty is to keep her well protected." 

Opal lifted a hand for her menu once more, activating a Mitigation Potion on her person so that she could take on the boss at the end. Both her and Lawfer will need to take on the Hate while Magda heals them from the back. With the plans set, the Vice Commander engaged her <<Sneak>> skill and melted into the shadows leaving but a voice to echo out to them, "Make sure you watch each other...I'll see you soon." 

Her voice trailed off as she moved through the shadows of the tunnel beneath the dungeon.  

--

Note: +36 Mit [Mit Pot Used] 

Edited by Opal

Lawfer laughed as he sat up. "Get up she commands! No time for a Nap she says...." the joking tone was apparent, as he dusted the light coating of mud off of his back. Turning his attention to Magda he smiled, "I'm alright, thanks. Im glad one of you was at least concerned... But I think I may just need a back rub from you and the vice commander as a reward later." the golden haired Dragoon stated as he winked once again. Pulling his arm across his body, he stretched his shoulder. As he finished he raised his right hand, and entered his inventory. Selecting a few songs he passed them over to Magda, much like Opal did, "Here take these. Use this on the boss when we find him. It will lower its accuracy."

x2 Lawfer's Lullaby: -2 ACC 

As the group looked down the stairwell, the Dragoon received his order. "Don't worry Vice COmmander, I promise I'll take good care of her. Just remember to stay safe out the as well." Lawfer said as he pulled back his long blond hair and tied it up in a bun. He wasn't particularly fond of the look, but with the darkness of the cave, he would need to be free of distractions. As the platinum ninja disappeared into the darkness, Lawfer turned his attention back to Magda. "Don't worry, just stick close and we will clear this thing no problem." the blue eyed spearman stated in his confident tone as his foot, caught something on the ground causing him to fall forward once more. Catching his balance, he reached down and grabbed what he tripped on. As he looked at the stone, he could see runes on it. Which would be perfect for crafting or trading. "Here take this." Lawfer stated as he tossed the rune over to Magda. "Now lets go find us some fun."

Mat Gathering
ID:54330 LD:18 +1 Mat(given to Magda)

Edited by Lawfer

When the Vice Commander scored Lawfer’s landing all Magda could do at first was chuckle, but when she was asked for her score the redhead suddenly looked serious as she looked down at the Blond-haired Dragoon. “Hmm.” She crossed one arm over her chest so her hand could support the elbow of her other arm. Her other hand cupped her chin as she leaned forward. “Normally I’d agree but I’ll give him a seven for style.” The serious expression that she tried to maintain fell apart when she grinned and leaned back. She tried her best not to feel too disheartened when she was told to stay behind them during this dungeon raid, but she seemed to perk up when she was given some items in order to support them. While she couldn’t act as a tank she was determined to be the best darn support they could ask for. When the window popped up she gladly accepted them and set out sorting them in her inventory so she could use them in a hurry if necessary. She also took a moment to read the description of each item to better familiarize herself with them.

She quirked an eyebrow when the blond Dragoon hinted that he might need a back rub later not from just the Vice Commander but her too. “Oh?” A wide grin spread across her face as she looked over towards the Vice Commander as she prepared to head on ahead of them. “I don’t know but I want to say there is someone who could give his back better attention that us.” Her gaze shifted back to Lawfer but she spoke to the Vice Commander. “Mack’s big hands might work out those kinks better. What do you think Vice Commander?” When Lawfer offered her some items she gladly accepted them. “Thank you both. I know I can’t protect either of you here with my shield but I will make sure you both stay safe with these.” Magda smiled at both of them and watched as the Vice Commander vanished down the stairs as she delved into the dungeon’s dark interior.

Oh I won’t be wondering off,” she said to reassure the Dragoon and when he tripped her hand shot out to grab him by the arm to help steady him. Only to have a rune tossed her way which she fumbled with for a few seconds before she finally caught it. “Oh thank you.” The item was quickly stowed away and she did another quick read through on the items she’d been given so she could use them as efficiently as possible. “Well you two will get to have some fun. I’ll just sit back and observe for now. Learn what I can and then help you two out when needed.” Even though she wouldn’t help with her hammer and shield she’d still prove useful. Granted she'd much rather be fighting. It was just in her nature to take a direct role in things rather than being in the background, but alas there was nothing she could do about it.

Opal sprang to action as she danced around in the darkness ahead of her. Through the eerie darkness she could hear the sounds of skittering feet across the dungeon floor as her eyes pierced the darkness to get a better look at what she would be attacking. Focused on the center of the mob, she could not see directly at what she was targeting, but the best effort or idea now would be to make long sweeping motions with her blade and hopefully take them out without too much trouble. With her Masamune pulsating with silver aura, the woman <<Charged>> into the thickest part of the mob group and engaged her sword art. With the movement of her blade across their bodies, the half circle attack slew them where they stood before they were able to realize they had been the target of a brutal strike. Like shards of glass, their bodies broke apart and fluttered away into the abyss of the game and she got a hefty sack of col for her reward. Unable to go back into sneak mode, the woman waited for the others to come by. Hopefully Lawfer was not having any trouble with the mobs behind her. Thus, she carried on forward moving swiftly through the darkness looking for her next kill. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 164/164
EN: 29/41
Sword Art: Gen Getsu + Charge + Surprise Attack || 12 EN || 102 Dmg -20 Mit = 82 Dmg

Creepy Crawlies: 0/80 HP || 21 Dmg || Mit: 20 || x4

ID: 54376
BD: 9 +1 Dmg
MD: not gonna live long enough to attack
LD: 12 [+ 1600 Col]
Notes: 4/15 Mobs Dead

Edited by Opal

The golden haired man laughed at the woman's comments of only him and Opal having fun. Unfortunately it was true, she was at a lower level and wouldn't be able to help deal damage, but that was nothing to be worried about, it all comes full circle in the end. That's what the Dragoon believed. Hearing the scurrying down below, the spearman reached back and grasped his Lawbreaker tightly. "Well Looks like I get to have some fun now. Stick behind me." He stated as he took a few steps forward and situated himself in the middle of the stairwell to cut the coming monster off at the pass. As the four monster crept closer, Lawfer swung hard a little bit too soon, missing the creepy crawlies. Instinctively, the spearman raised his Lawbreaker to block the simultaneous attacks of the fiends. One by one they bounced off the halberd, dealing no damage at all. "Well i would have liked to finish this in one move, but looks like we are in for a little more than that." He commented back to the amazon. "Just Hang back. Ill handle it next time around."

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 80/80
EN: 18/20
Sword Art: Missed -2EN

Minor Creepy Crawlies: 28 HP || 21 Dmg || Mit: 7 || x4

ID: 54378
BD: 3 (+2 HM next attack)
MD: 3
LD: 20 -_-
Notes: 4/15 Mobs Dead

Edited by Lawfer

Magda flashed him a grin when he revealed that he was about to have some fun and instructed her to stick close. She did that too and watched as he moved in but his spear didn't seem to make contact with any of the creepy crawlies that littered the floor around him. Her grip on her hammer tightened as she fought the urge to rush in and help him. For now she stayed out of the reach of the Dragoon's targets but stayed close enough that she wouldn't be outside of his reach should she suddenly find herself in dire straits. The Vice Commander wasn't anywhere to be seen so Magda could only guess that she continued to press forward. Despite his lack of hitting anything he did skillfully block every single attack that came his way. The redhead whistled appreciatively and clapped her hands in response. "Solid defense." Magda nodded as he told her to stay back so he could finish this. She loosened her grip upon the haft of her hammer once she realized that the man wasn't in any danger. "Let's see what you can do then," she said with a playful grin while she looked at the Dragoon.

The cold steel of katana ran slick through the bodies of the creepy crawlies that seemed to stick to the walls and floors. Her blade caused them to perish using an effective higher tier sword art that took them by surprise before they could find purpose in their life. The fluttering of the blue fragments surrounded her body as they floated carelessly away from her. The mush that stuck to her blade was wiped clean off with a flick of her wrist as she sheathed the blade. She gave a soft sigh, fingers pressed through her damp hair as she moved the tendrils of platinum blonde from her face and eyes. Crystal eyes stared directly at her energy pool, such a low amount now seemed to call her attention. She would have to sit out for a little while and recover, hopefully Lawfer was dealing just as well as she was with his kills. She had killed eight mobs so far, with a little less than half to go before they could confront the boss. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 164/164
EN: 11/41
Sword Art:  Haku Senpu + Charge  || 19 EN || 136 Dmg -20 Mit = 116 Dmg

Creepy Crawlies: 0/80 HP || 21 Dmg || Mit: 20 || x4

ID: 54411
BD:9 +6 = +1 Dmg
MD: deaderoni
LD: 19 [+1600 Col]
Notes: 8/15 Mobs Dead

Edited by Opal

The blue-eyed Dragoon smirked at the woman's comments, "Well thanks pretty lady." he replied as he lowered his stance and grasped the pommel of his Halberd in both hands. He had missed the first time, but wouldn't allow himself to miss again. Pulling his Halberd back he inched forward towards the mobs, with a hefty swing, his Lawbreaker glowed just before it missed high and lodged itself into the nearby wall. '[Censored]' Lawfer thought to himself as he tried to rip it out, only to be viciously assaulted in his moment of weakness. The man felt the critical damage sink in. "Well that was embarrassing." The spearman stated as he looked back to Magda, after finally retrieving his Lawbreaker from the wall. Turning his attention back the mobs he winced slightly. "Hey Pretty lady. There is no way to retreat since the dungeon sealed us in. I need you to use one of those cure potions on me." He said sternly, if he fell in battle... he could only imagine what would happen to Magda. 'I wont let that happen.'

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 36/80 -44HP
EN: 17/20
Sword Art: Missed -2EN

Minor Creepy Crawlies: 28 HP || 21 Dmg || Mit: 7 || x4

ID: 54419
BD: 1(eff me) (+2 HM next attack)
MD: 10 (Eff me more) 23-12=11DMG84= 44DMG to Lawfer
LD: 17  -___-
Notes: 8/15 Mobs Dead

Edited by Lawfer

Magda leaned forward expectantly as the Dragoon grasped his halberd. She fully expected the Mobs to be soundly vanquished with the next attack. The weapon was briefly illuminated which only draw a wide-eyed gaze from Magda as she clinched her hand against the haft of her hammer. It all changed in the blink of an eye. Lawfer missed his attack his mark and his weapon slammed into the wall with such ferocity that it stuck there. Which left him open to be ravaged by the creepy crawlers that closed in on him. That alone nearly sent the redhead running headlong into the fray with her hammer held high. Only his voice prevented that. His health gauge had dangerously dipped and he told her he’d be needing one of those health potions. It took a great deal of effort but she quickly slid her hammer into the small loop in her belt and rushed forward. She quickly brought for one of the health potions and set out to use it on Lawfer and replenish at least twenty of his health. "Should I shout for the Vice Commander?" She cast a worried look down the passage and back at Lawfer. The healing potion would only heal roughly half of what he lost and if they had to use too many of them so early this might turn out to be a disaster. Her hand lowered to her hammer as she remembered she had a Sword Art that would stun these beasties. She didn't act on that though, but if it came down to either Lawfer's death or her taking action, then she would not hesitate. (-1 Cure Potion, +20 Hp for Lawfer)

Spoiler

x3 Cure Potions [+20 HP Recovery] [1 used on Lawfer]
x1 HP Recovery Potion [+15 HP
x2 Recovery Crystals [+20 HP]
x2 Lawfer's Lullaby: -2 ACC

Opal stood silent, hearing the class down the hall of the dungeon. The woman wondered if the Dragoon and the Amazon were really ok by themselves. Of course, she hoped his pride would not get in between him and his duty, should he need help he better come calling. Of course, on the other hand Magda seemed like a dependable woman, surely she would give Opal a roar if things were getting too serious for the Dragoon to handle by himself. Instead of moving forward however, the woman opted to stand by near the wall. She leaned her small frame against it and plucked a cigarette from her inventory. The orange glow of the stick burned as she took a long drag from the stick, allowing the intoxicating nicotine like substance to calm her nerves and muscles. She hummed lightly to herself, flicking the ashes wildly with her thumb as they scattered about in the drafty tunnel. She would have to wait a little longer till her energy recuperated, but till then she could at least enjoy her cigarette and relax for the time being. 

<<ENR 1/3>>

As the calming sensation of the healing potion coursed through Lawfer's body, he smiled as he watched his health gauge shoot up dramatically. He was well above the 50% Marker that he had fallen below in his last exhange with the creatures. Lowering his stance once more, he smiled confidently. "Dont worry, we will be just fine... I'll take care of it, Red." The dragoon said trying to reassure the woman all the while presenting with a smirk. Lawfer had been in countless situations like this before when he went out into the wilds, he was confident that he would be able cut through any opposition, especially on this floor. Looking over to the creatures once more his Lawbreaker began to glow crimson, and his Wolfs Vanguard Armor glowed with a scarlet hue. His armor didnt offer much in resistance... but it did boost his damage if he were to ever miss. 

'Fall...' the spearman thought to himself as he took a deep breath in then slowly exhaled. As he exhaled he lunged forward in his lowered stance, and released his charged <<Hellish Twice>>. With two alternating slashes of his Halberd, the four creatures staggered then exploded into blue pixels and evaporated into the air. A huge weight was lifted off his shoulders as he turned back to the scarlet haired woman. "See! Everything is good to go. Let's see if we can catch up with the Vice Commander." He said with a smile. Waiting for the woman to catch up to him, Lawfer looked forward down the dark passageway. "Thanks for the help Magda!"

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 56/80 HP 
EN: 10/20
Sword Art: Hellish Twice-8 EP, AOE

Minor Creepy Crawlies: 0/28 HP || 21 Dmg || Mit: 7 || x4

ID: 54445
BD: 8 = 11+2HM= 13*4=52DMG
MD: Dead
LD: 2(off course)
Notes: 12/15 Mobs Dead

Edited by Lawfer

Magda quirked an eyebrow when he called her Red. If he felt he had the situation in hand then she would simply trust his judgement. So she stepped back and watched and true to his word Lawfer vanquished all four of the little beasties that surrounded him. The redhead moved quickly to catch up with him after he suggested that they go and search for the Vice Commander. She patted him on the back roughly and grinned. "Great job!" She had to admit she grew a little concerned when his health gauge dipped so long just from one round of attacks. She could scarcely imagine what they would have done to her in that situation. "You just had to build up the suspense though didn't you?" She couldn't help but to laugh and when he thanked her for her help she simply nodded. "It was the least I could do." She looked around with interest. Even with that near disastrous encounter she was still rather excited for being in her first dungeon. In fact this would be her first time seeing a boss as well. She walked by Lawfer's side but lagged back just enough so he man would have more freedom to swing his weapon around without hitting her in the even he needed it again. "That was pretty intense though.

<<ENR 2/3>>

"Ahh, finally made it and still alive it seems." The woman had drew back her body into the dim light as she kicked off the wall with her boot. She eyed the two of them, they seemed to be in good health so far and that means they only had a little ways to go ahead of them before they entered the room of the Dungeon Boss. The woman heard the growl coming from deep within the chamber walls however, she heard these growls every once in awhile as she sat there smoking her cigarette taking notice of the intervals of the noise it made as she attempted to discern what manner of mob the boss might be. Whatever was lurking in the next room though was big enough to take the three of them without much care of notice. Opal stood up to her full length and folded her arms over her chest, "How are you on energy, Lawfer? There are a few more Goo Eyes down the corridor here and then the entrance to the boss room just ahead of them. If you don't mind taking them out, I can follow through with a stun attack to the Boss and rank up the hate quickly. Or we can peel back and wait till you recover. Might be the better idea as I had a little bit of difficulty the last Dungeon Boss I encountered, thankfully both Grave and Jevi were competent fighters." 

The woman peered through the darkness, "I'm gonna go ahead and pass by the remaining mobs and get a look at the sort of creature we will be up against. Once you kill those Goo Eyes, you better be prepared for anything. No one is playing Hero today, we all come out of this alive. Agreed?" The Vice Commander nodded to the both of them. It only took her a moment to melt into the shadows once more before disappearing all together. 

(OOC: Was trying to post earlier at work but lost my wifi. Sorry about that.)

"What can I say... I wanted to make you sweat a little." The azure eyed man joked as he spun his halberd in his right hand then swung it over his shoulder. A 'click' resounded as it snapped perfectly into its harness. "Yeah, it was a little too intense for my liking. But we made it through safe and sound." the golden haired spearman commented with a smile as he tilted his head and motioned for the two to continue on. The pair had pushed onward until finally reaching the vice commander, who had been patiently awaiting them while relaxing, by leaning on the wall. 

"Yeah sorry about that... Couldn't hit the buggers for the life of me... Kinda embarrassing really." Lawfer stated with a slight chuckle. It seemed to be his luck that he would miss so often now. "I have a little energy left in me before I need to recharge completely. So I'll finish off the ones around here." He replied while nodding. Listening closely to the Opal's words, he smirked. "Don't worry... You know I'm a lot of things... But I'm not a hero Vice Commander, I haven't been one of those in quite sometime." THe Dragoon's sarcastic tone was prominent as he watched the vixen disappear once more into the shadows and push on. "Looks like we get some more alone time, Red." 

"Come out come out wherever you are!" Lawfer shouted in the darkness, trying to draw the remaining creatures back in. Turning his head to Magda, he reached over his shoulder once more and grasped the pommel of his Lawbreaker. The mobs crept closer and eventually were in visible sight of the two. "Magda, Just stay behind me and toss a potion in anything gets too serious." Lawfer said seriously. He knew that he was still a little low on health and that anything could happen. Slinging the harnessed halberd over his shoulder, he lowered his stance. As the Lawbreaker glowed crimson, he released <<Hellish Twice>>. After two quick strokes, all four of the mobs squeeled then shattered into blue pixels. "Now thats how its supposed to be done." He said aloud. 

Turning back to Magda, while harnessing his Lawbreaker he winked. "You ready sweetheart?"

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 56/80 HP 
EN: 3/20
Sword Art: Hellish Twice-8 EP, AOE

Minor Creepy Crawlies: 0/28 HP || 21 Dmg || Mit: 7 || x4

ID: 54753
BD: 9 = 11+1crit= 12*4=48DMG
MD: Dead
LD: 10
Notes: 16/15 Mobs Dead

Edited by Lawfer

Oh yes, I was totally on the edge of my seat the whole time,” she said with a drawn out sigh. Magda placed the back of her hand to her forehead in a dramatic manner. It was almost like she was about to feint from all the excitement, but she quickly dropped the ruse and giggled. Her grin faltered slightly as she nodded. “Yes we made it through safely. I do think we should wait until your health is fully restored before we take on that boss though. Using anymore of the potions could leave us shorthanded during the last battle.” Magda followed Lawfer deeper into the dungeon until they came upon the Vice Commander. The redhead remained quiet while the Vice Commander and Lawfer talked. For now she simply listened. She smiled when Lawfer professed that he wasn’t a hero and Magda held her hand up. “Well as far as heroes go I will run in and heal you guys but there won’t be any dynamic heroics from me today.” Magda didn’t want anyone dying here. Especially not on her account.

Once more the Vice Commander vanished into the shadows and Magda’s eyes stared off into the darkness as she tried to find her. Her ability to meld so thoroughly with her surroundings was pretty darn impressive. She turned to Lawfer as his comment about being alone with him and Magda leaned forward and smirked. She followed after him but kept her distance. This time when the Mobs arrived the Dragoon finished them in short order. The skillfully executed attack incited a low whistle from the redhead along with a short series of soft claps. Once he was finished Lawfer turned around and with a wink asked if she was ready. Magda laughed softly as she shook her head. “Oh you, you seem so incorrigible.” Magda was highly amused with Lawfer and returned his wink. “You'll just have to wait and see won't you?” She walked up towards him and nodded further down the passage.

The Vice Commander is waiting." Magda's lips spread into a wide grin as she finished her statement, "And trust me you don’t want to leave a woman waiting,” Magda would wait for the Dragoon to lead the way even if she’d have walked right passed him. To do so in this place though would be unwise even for her. All it took was one wrong move and the only thing she’d find would be a swift death.

OOC: Just setting the mood for the boss fight, boss stats will come next round.

thumbs_Mark_Facey_04.jpg

Underworld

As the Vice Commander fled into the shadows of the underground labyrinth. She heard the weird sounds of clicking coming closer and closer to her. Her crystalline eyes shadowed by the darkness around her as she searched for the strange clicking. It almost seemed like the walls around her were alive somehow. She felt a sickly feeling in the pit of her stomach as she continued to make her forward press. With each stride of her feet, she felt the walls of her throat tighten as if she was pulled into some kind of poisonous miasma. The ground seemed to shift in front of her, causing her equilibrium to falter. A strange sensation came over her as she became dizzy, there were images now invading her mind's eye. Something horrible had been awakened from their assault on this labyrinth, and whatever it was had started its attack on them mentally. The woman fell to her knees, a blanket of dark dust escaping into the air as she breathed it in, causing her to cough loudly and violently. She had to warn Lawfer of this immediately. She was way ahead of both of them, and decided to send a PM to get his attention.

To: Lawfer
Subject: Be Careful as you come down this corridor, there seems to be something horribly wrong here. Its almost as if everything is alive and connected to the boss at the end. There is some dark cloud hanging in the air making to very difficult to breath. Pace yourself and warn Madga as well. Also, it seems whatever is down here is also attacking me mentally, there are these odd images in my head and I cant explain what they are...just...I thought I experienced some horrific things during my time here, but this is pretty fucked up [censored]. Watch yourself and be prepared for anything as you make your way down.

She sent the message and her eyes narrowed. Once more she fused with the darkness around her going into <<Sneak>> mode. The images seemed to become more intense the further and deeper she got as she closed in on the boss. As she drew close, she was extremely dizzy and felt numb and cold, hot and distressed. She gulped feeling like she was going to vomit at any moment, yet she pressed forward. Her dry eyes looked around in the darkness and there in the middle of the room was something she could not explain. Her jaw dropped at the image of the creature, it had yet to see her. She gulped dryly, as her fingers wrapped around the long odachi's handle. 

There was a dark, thick inky mass of fur with a protruding bone beak of some kind. The fur looked dry and matted down, she could not see eyes on the thing and yet it seemed to acknowledge her mentally. It was propped up by green limbs with darkened scales like that of a snake, he limb seemed to have fingers and claws for legs as it moved about in a circle waiting for its prey to draw near. Opal had never seen such a thing, it was beyond disturbing. Opal had no idea what this thing was capable of... 

Stretching his arms over his head, he let out a slight yawn, before a smirk crept across his face. "Well I like to think I'm somewhat charming but I guess incorrigible could be used just as aptly about me." The golden haired spearman replied, it was true, he really didn't have a filter when it came to complimenting a woman or flirting in general. "I may be dense about some things, but I know better than to keep Opal waiting. She isn't one to wait around for people." Lawfer commented as he walked slightly ahead of the Crimson haired Magda. 

As a loud 'ding' sounded in his head from the interface, The Dragoon raised his right hand. As he stood in place for a moment, he could feel the air brush past him as Magda stepped past him. "Hold up Red..." Lawfer said coldly, as the words of Opal's message caught him off guard. 

To: Opal

Subject: 'Ok. We will hang back for a moment to let my energy recover. Don't you dare think about engaging unless you are positive you can handle it. No hero's remember... I'll be there soon enough.' -Your No Good Hero

As he signed the message and hit send, a look of concern was riddled about his face. "Magda, he need to hold up here before we head down the corridor. I just got a message from the Vice Commander. And things are hectic down there so before we head down I need to recharge a bit." As he spoke, his grip tightened, and his knuckles turned white. '[censored] it!!! Why am I so weak...] he repeatedly thought to himself as he walked over to the nearest wall and leaned against it. 

When Lawfer mentioned that he viewed himself more as being charming than incorrigible but admitted that it does suit him. Magda grinned as she looked his way. “The two actually go hand in hand from my experience.” As they walked Magda nodded when he said Opal wasn’t one to simply wait around. She didn’t doubt that for one moment even with the limited interaction she’d had with the Vice Commander. Thoughts started flowing through her mind at the risk of zoning out, and if it wasn’t for Lawfer suddenly raising his hand and standing still she very well might have. “What’s up,” she asked while she scooted closer. He seemed to be doing something with his menu so she stepped back and lifted her arms over her head in order to stretch her muscles out some. When she finished Magda picked up on the concern that was ever so present upon the blond Dragoon’s face. Her eyebrows rose as he spoke and she offhandedly realized he’d been reading and replying to a private message.

Her brow quickly furrowed though when he spoke of things being hectic further in the dungeon. She was curious what he meant by that but by the death grip he had on his spear she decided it wasn’t really best time to prod him about it. Her dark eyes tracked his movements as he walked over and leaned against the wall. The sight of him in such a state caused her grin to falter so she walked over and leaned back against the wall near him. Her hammer was lifted away from her shoulder only to be spun around so the clawed head would rest against the dungeon floor. Her palm rested on the end of the weapon’s haft as she let out a low sigh. “All great fighters must know when it is time to recuperate. Pushing too far will only lead to injury,” she said as she quoted an old trainer she had back when she was younger and fresh in her career as a fighter. At the time she thought the old coot was a fool but it wasn’t until a few years later she realized just how wise the man really was.

Well she was still learning from his wisdom even to this day. She had a habit of being a bit… eager in what she does. Her shield was held out in front of her so it wouldn’t make contact with the wall and keep her arm at an odd angle. Was he worried over the Vice Commander being on her own? “I’d rather you rest up until your health was fully recovered,” she said with a quick glance. She wasn't trying to flirt with him. Her aim was to distract him actually. “After all it would be a pity if anything happened to that handsome face of yours, but I can understand not wanting to leave an ally up ahead all alone” It was possible that her guess was wrong but she naturally assumed when a man seemed discouraged or upset it was normally either over a woman or a friend potentially in trouble. Magda would offer him a quick grin and just hoped she was able to cheer him up. “I’m sure the commander won’t do anything too reckless.” She offered him a slight shrug and stood up. “Sit back and relax. I've got this.” The redhead took a step forward and twirled her hammer around like someone might a club or baseball bat. Only to rest it back against her right shoulder once it completed its arc. She remained close enough for him to jump to her aid if something happened but far enough away so that she could keep watch while he rested.

Edited by Magda

The seriousness that hung heavy around Lawfer, was immediately lifted when the crimson haired tank not only flirted with him but took pose to defend against any mobs that may venture their way. Shaking his head, he chuckled lightly and pushed off the wall with his foot. Walking up behind the woman, he placed his hand on her shoulder, ready to sway backwards if she decided to swing her mighty mace. "I appreciate the thought, Red, but we will be ok if we both rest near the wall." Puasing for a moment he motioned for her to join him, "The great thing about walls is that nothing can attack you from that direction. So it would be best if we posted up there." As he returned to his spot on cave's wall he placed his shoulder blades against it then slid down to the squatting position. 

"After a few more minutes, we will continue on, I'm about halfway recharged at this point." The dragoon commented, updating her with his current status. Taking a moment to think through Opal's message once more, he began trying to devise a strategy so that the two wouldn't fall victim to the beasts tricks.  "Before we head down there, you need to know what Opal said... So apparently the boss of the dungeon has some ability to mess with your head and make you see things while you're within its domain. So when we head down there, I'm gonna need you to hold my hand until we catch up to the Vice Commander... As long as we are in contact, I'll know not to attack you." He paused for a moment and smirked. "We still need to be careful, but its probably the best way to go about it."  As he finished he took a deep breath in, then exhaled. 

<<HP Regen: +6   68/80, Full EN 2/3>>