[SP-F1] I Am a Cactus <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

My eyes flitted around my surroundings, scanning the squad of plant creatures that had gathered. It seemed I had walked myself into a death trap... well, I likely would have, had I not have been on the FIRST DAMN FLOOR. I slipped my hands into my pockets casually; there were only four, but I could have sworn I heard more approaching from the shadows, likely growing from the earth. Tentacle-like vines lashed out at me, harmlessly slapping the grass at my feet. Kicking off into the air, I spun around with a blazing white leg and slashed through the four creatures around me, each one dropping a hunk of plant-like meat, like compact salad. Diving away from another whip from a new challenger, I gathered up the materials and dropped them in my inventory, standing up to find that four more replaced the fallen. "Four at a time, huh... this should be interesting." I mused with a smirk.

ID: 53277 BD: 12 (9 + 2 + 1) MD: +1 BD (1 - 2 = -1)

Sword Art Used: Tornado Kick - 8 x 1 x 6 = 48 DMG (12 NRG)

Party
Grave: 
76/76 HP | 7/19 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies
Nepent x4: 0/7 HP | D: 1

LD: 16 = Nepent Meat x4

Edited by Grave

After popping up, I came face-to-face with one of the ugly plant creatures, and put on an expression of utmost disgust. "Ew, get out of my face, you ugly bastard." I growled, raising my hand and slapping the creature across the face. The blow caused the creature to instantly shatter, and I could not help but break into laughter; my slaps were strong enough to kill these creatures! Of course, in my moment of joy, three remaining creatures lashed at me at the same time, but with my cruel evasion their vines simply smacked the ground again, producing a grin on my lips. "Persistent, are you not?" I asked the mob of mobs, a new player joining the fray. "Right... seems four at a time is your maximum. Let us do this."

ID: 53279 BD: 9 (7 + 2) MD: 4 (6 - 2)

Sword Art Used: Flash Blow (Slap) - 8 x 1 = 8 DMG (1 NRG) 

Regen +1 NRG

Party
Grave: 
76/76 HP | 7/19 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies
Nepent x3: 7/7 HP | D: 1
Nepent: 0/7 HP | D: 1

LD: 8 = Nothing

Edited by Grave

Vines slashed through the air at me like lengthy, bendy blades, narrowly missing my lithe body as I ducked, weaved and dodged the strikes, at one point considering grabbing one and slamming a creature down to earth. As this thought popped into my head, four long vines descended from above, aiming to crush me. However, they simply slammed into my coat, and I felt very little impact. The monsters on the other hand... they froze for a moment, before shattering into shards of data, and I began laughing wildly. "I... am a cactus!" I shouted out loud, very quickly picking up the material that each of them dropped oh-so-kindly for me. A new group approached, still in the uniform pack of four.

ID: 53280 BD: 5 (3 + 2) MD: 6 (8 - 2)

Mob Damage: (1 - 9) x 4 = Min. 1 x 4 = 4 DMG + 7 Thorns Each

Regen +1 NRG

Party
Grave: 
72/76 HP | 6/19 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies
Nepent x4: 0/7 HP | D: 1

LD: 18 = Nepent Meat x4

Edited by Grave

The vines soared past my face, nipping at my nose, descending to my lower body, too, struggling to bite my ankles and knees. "My goodness, you just do not stop!" I laughed, landing a foot down and spinning, hand outstretched, smacking another monster across the face and shattering it into data. "This slapping feels so good!" I mused with a satisfied expression, not caring that the monsters were under-leveled, giving me this freedom to kill them with basic attacks.

ID: 53282 BD: 11 (9 + 2) MD: 4 (6 - 2)

Sword Art Used: Flash Blow (Slap) - (8 + 2) x 1 = 10 x 1 = 10 DMG (1 NRG)

Regen +1 NRG

Party
Grave: 
72/76 HP | 7/19 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies
Nepent x3: 7/7 HP | D: 1
Nepent: 0/7 HP | D: 1

LD: 8 = Nothing

Edited by Grave

As much as I was enjoying leaping around the forest clearing like a jackrabbit, I was beginning to get exhausted and my head was starting to spin with how much I was moving to escape the clutches of the plant creatures. One of the monsters slapped my ankle, chipping a piece of health off of me, while at the same time shattering itself into oblivion. Another quickly followed, slapping my side and shattering itself as well. I spun to face the last two creatures and extended my hands towards the incoming vines, catching them on each sleeve, causing them to explode violently as well.

ID: 53402 BD: 3 (1 + 2) MD:  6 (8 - 2)

Mob Damage: (1 - 9) x 4 = Min. 1 x 4 = 4 DMG

Regen +1 NRG

Party
Grave: 
68/76 HP | 6/19 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies
Nepent x4: 0/7 HP | D: 1

LD: 1 = Kill me now

Edited by Grave

Aside from the four creatures that threatening approached me, I could hear no more noise; it sounded like I was nearing the end of this group. I was surprised my actual target had not arrived yet. Oh, right, I did not explain my intention in killing the bastards, did I? I received a quest from a citizen from a nearby village; a terrible illness had befallen their people, and my job was to take down something called a 'Nepent Variant', which would drop a medicine that could help the village. I gladly accepted and pitted myself against those ugly creatures, having way too much fun for my own good. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't noticed the whip that lashed at me, but in response, I simply grinned and proceeded to high-five the monster, slapping its arm and shattering the monster into data much like its brethren before it. "Jesus, I have a deadly high-five..."

ID: 53553 BD: 8 (6 + 2 + 1) MD: +1 BD (1 - 2 = -1)

Sword Art Used: Flash Blow (Slap) - 8 x 1 = 8 DMG (1 NRG)  

Regen +1 NRG

Party
Grave: 

Enemies
Nepent x3: 7/7 HP | D: 1
Nepent: 0/7 HP | D: 1

LD: 11 = Nothing

Edited by Grave
  • 1 month later...

As I suspected, no more monsters approached me; three were left. Their terrible, mucky maws snarled at me as the creatures approached, flailing their green limbs like verdant noodles, trying so hard to hit me but failing miserably. One of the monsters tried to be sneaky and attack from behind, but a single sapphire flash later and my fist had pierced his head, shattering him into those all-too-familiar shards. "And then there were two..."

ID: 58738 BD: 10 MD: -1 (2 - 2)

Regen +1 NRG

Sword Art Used: Flash Blow - (8 + 2) x 1 = 10 DMG to Nepent (1 NRG)

Party
Grave: 

Enemies
Nepent x2: 7/7 HP | D: 1
Nepent: 0/7 HP | D: 1

LD: 14

Edited by Grave

There was no point in fighting anymore; I was becoming exhausted, and the monsters fell too easily to my fists. Huffing and puffing, I sat myself down, looking to the sky above as the plant creatures approached. "Come on, finish this already..." I groaned, listening to the hungry lashes of the monsters' vines. "Yep... doing good..." I sighed with a grin, and barely flinched as the plants slashed my shoulders, the damage reverberating through my coat and straight back into their bodies, shattering them like every one before. "Jeez... why is this taking so long?" I complained as I picked myself up. "I guess I have time to recover before the head honcho comes along..."

ID: 58740 BD: 5 (3 + 2) MD: 6 (8 - 2)

(1 - 7) + (1 - 7) = 2 DMG to Grave

Regen +1 NRG

Party
Grave: 
66/76 HP | 5/19 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies
Nepent x2: 0/7 HP | D: 1

LD: 8

Edited by Grave

I stretched my arms as I strolled around the moonlit forest, scanning the grass for anything that looks edible... or at least looked like I could make it edible. I never had any luck when foraging for materials, so I just hoped to Cardinal that just this once fortune would befall me and drop something on my head-

Not literally, you bastard!

Those were my thoughts when a hard nut hit me on the top of my head and fell into my palms. "Yeah, thanks, Cardinal." I growled with a bitter tone, transferring the ingredient to my inventory. "Anything else you want to throw at me?"

Regen +6 HP, +1 NRG

72/76 HP, 6/19 NRG

ID: 58742 | LD: 17 = 1 Mat (Accidentally missed the URL box and pressed the Roll button, my apologies)

Edited by Grave
  • 1 month later...

I slipped my hands into the pockets of my coat and whistled as I wandered the forest alone, watching the trees to make sure no more mischievous nuts decided to attempt assault on me. My eyes locked onto the shadowy canopy above every time the leaves rustled, and at one point I put my hand out just in time to catch a large, armadillo-like bug, which I quickly transferred to a tree before walking in the other direction. When was this bastard going to show up? I was getting tired of doing nothing...

Regen +6 HP, +1 NRG

76/76 HP, 7/19 NRG

ID: 61547 | LD: 3 = Nothing 

Edited by Grave

The sound of a body tearing through the earth nearby caught my attention, and I smirked. "Here he comes, I guess." I muttered, backing up against a tree in the direction of the sound. I peered around to see a plant creature, almost exactly the same as the others, except with a flower on top of its head. "Wow, so the big guy looks no different to the minions? Very imaginative, Kayaba." I jested, popping out from behind the tree and readying my fists.

NRG Regenerated

76/76 HP, 19/19 NRG

Party
Grave:
76/76 HP | 19/19 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies
Nepent Variant: 15/15 HP | D: 2 | M: 5 | Ignores MIT on Nat. 10

Edited by Grave

The creature very quickly noticed me, and I sighed quietly as the monster lashed one of its vine-like tendrils at me. Raising my arm, I deflected the attack with the sleeve of my coat, the creature recoiling as the Thorns damage shot through the plant's body. "I advise you not to attack me. It will be much more painful for you than me." I warned it, although it likely could not process a single word I had said. "Now, let me kill you and this will not have to be painful for you." I commanded, but it simply flailed about mindlessly. Right, seemed like it wanted to do things the hard way.

ID: 61549 | BD: 4 (2 + 2) | MD: 7 (9 - 2)

2 + 1 - 9 = Min. 1 Damage to Grave + 7 Thorns to Nepent V

Party
Grave: 
75/76 HP | 17/19 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies
Nepent Variant: 8/15 HP | D: 2 | M: 5 | Ignores MIT on Nat. 10

Edited by Grave

The vines sprouting from the plant's body flailed uselessly at me, slapping the ground beside and in front of me, 'growling' desperately as I just sidestepped the vines all too easily, slowly approaching the plant monster. "Three, two..." I counted down, bringing my right fist back, glowing sapphire before smashing it into the jaw of the creature. "... one." I finished, my left fist following in a crimson flash, shattering the plant monster into thousands of tiny blue shards. "And done." I sighed, satisfied. My eyes caught the little red orb that had dropped, and I picked it up, a white box appearing before me. "Nepent's Ovule... the quest item I needed." I chuckled, stowing the orb away and whistling as I left the forest.

Regen +1 NRG

ID: 61550 | BD: 12 (10 + 2) | MD: 1 (3 - 2)

Sword Art Used: Aggressive Twins - 8 + 2 x 2 - 5 = 10 x 2 - 5 = 15 DMG to Nepent V (2 NRG)

Party
Grave: 
75/76 HP | 16/19 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies
Nepent Variant: -3/15 HP | D: 2 | M: 5 | Ignores MIT on Nat. 10

LD: 19 = Nepent's Ovule

Edited by Grave

My foot became bathed in moonlight as it peeked out of the dark, shrouded forest and into the open field of Floor One. Bringing my body into full view, I pushed my palms into the middle of my back and stretched, yawning up at the full moon above. A funny thought entered my head, and I curled my lips into an 'O', before howling into the night sky like a wolf, releasing all the pressure that had built up inside me from bouncing around everywhere. "That felt amazing." I groaned as I stopped stretching and headed off parallel to the Starting City, towards the ill village.

ID: 61614 | LD: 13 = Nothing

Edited by Grave

I watched the bright and brilliant Starting City drift on by as I waltzed across the moonlit field. How long had it been since I had left that town to discover the world around me? If I remembered correctly... almost eight months. It took me quite some time to realise I could actually make a change to this world we had been thrown in. In that time I had helped create a guild, become the first Martial Arts Grandmaster, completed many quests, gotten my first girlfriend and joined the top guild in the game. Man, time flies...

ID: 61615 | LD: 11 = Nothing

Edited by Grave

My thoughts obviously kept me occupied on the trip to the village, because the orange glare of an open fire met me once I pulled my head out of the clouds; the villagers were still awake at this hour. "Where is the doc?" I asked the group of villagers, and a couple of them pointed to a small hut, where candlelight flickered gently. Smiling and nodding at the sickly-looking NPCs, I entered the small hut with a knock, and the scruffy medic peered at me through cracked spectacles. I pulled the red bead from my pocket and set it on the doctor's table, who proceeded to shine a huge, scarce-toothed grin.

ID: 61616 | LD: 5 = Nothing

Edited by Grave

"You are a godsend! You have just retrieved the cure to an illness that dozens of people are suffering!" The NPC thanked me, and I nodded my head modestly. "It was the least I could do, sir." I responded kindly, watching him take the bead and crack it open on the edge of a wooden bowl, the creamy white contents spilling out like the yolk of an egg. Taking a small, stubby stick, he began mixing the liquid until it became a more yellowish colour and he left it to sit. "Please, take this as thanks." He said, retrieving a long, black object from under his desk; it was a one handed longsword, useless to me but a kind gesture nonetheless.

I grasped the weapon's ebony scabbard gently with a nod. "Thanks." I muttered, holding the scabbard with my right hand and drawing the straight blade out with my left; the crossguard had two humps on the arms and one on the blade, and the blade itself had a sharp outwards curve near the guard. I gave the weapon a few gentle swings, and could already feel how flimsy it was. However, I still proceeded to sheath the sword and transfer it to my inventory, nodding to the NPC doctor. "Please, if you ever need me, call again." I told him, before leaving the small dwelling.

-1 Nepent's Ovule
+1 Anneal Blade (Uncommon One Handed Straight Sword: +1 Damage)

Edited by Grave

I sighed gently on the long walk back to the Town of Beginnings, thinking about what to do with the blade I had been given; everyone I knew who used a one handed sword had the top equipment available to them. Then again, the only person I thought of when 'one handed straight sword' came to mind was Hirru...

"Oh!" I exclaimed, thumping my fist into my open palm as an epiphany came to me. I could palm it off to the Jade Hunter as XP fuel, see if he could enchant it up to Perfect and hand it off to Mack to sell to a low level player. I had no other use for the weapon, so I did not see why not. However, the Merchant would be both asleep and extremely hard to find at this time of night; it was best to wait for tomorrow.

Without realizing it I strode through the Town on autopilot and onto the teleporter platform. "Teleport: Delilah." I muttered into the mystical alcove.

I stepped off the platform and traveled down the stairs towards my shop, the familiar old-England style buildings passing by, an all too familiar sight by now. I was sure Hikari must have destroyed half the shop already, she would have been that worried about me. Really, she had a right to be; I was out for way longer than I meant to, as I expected the quest to be over in no time. "Hikari, I am home!" I called as I creaked the door to my shop open, and the hyperactive fuzzball launched itself at my face, grabbing on to me like some furry mask. "Mff, mf mf mff mff..."

Translation: I missed you too.

Finally pacifying the crazy creature and getting her to sit on one of the stools, I tapped through my inventory and unequipped my coat and shirt, leaving my bare flesh exposed. I swept across the room and fingered the lock of the door into place, before turning and heading back behind the counter, Hikari bouncing up and across, onto my shoulder. Shutting my eyes and sighing, I turned at the foot of my mattress and fell back, Hikari whirling onto my chest as I plummeted back onto my bed. The fiery weasel curled up on my chest as I laid my arm across my eyes, and our breathing slowed as the night dwindled off into sleep.

---

Thread Completion Rewards

Grave: +400 Col, +2 SP, +1 Anneal Blade

Edited by Grave