[PP-F5] Back to the Desert (Zero)

Allania, just the previous day had gone into this desert and had barely made it back. Fond memories of being chased down by a horde of monsters as she ran for the gates of the town. As she ran for safety. Luckily I made itshe thought, I fought my strongest opponent in there, and there was just the one of themToday she was going to go out again, this time prepared and stocked, so that even if she found herself without an oasis she could continue onwards.

With that idea fixed in her mind,  Allania set her foot out the gates - out of the safe zone - into the ever changing wasteland that was the desert. It was going to be fun, Allania could easily tell. With water in her pack and the map open infront of her, today was going to be nothing like the labours of yesterday. This day she would come out on top of the desert and enjoy the place to its fullest extent. This was just another world to explore, another place where she could sink her teeth into.

It was going to be fun.

The heat was as strong as always on the fifth floor, not that it bothered the young man after spending the majority of his time on the floor since it was unlocked. Even with the intense desert heat Zero wore his Morningstar's coat, the heat from it but secondary though. He quietly walked through town on his daily routine for a drink and some shade in a tavern. This floor's as empty as usual and I'm grateful for that... Little to no people around here makes my life easier..." His feet stopped when he spotted an unfamiliar face heading for the gate out of the safe zone. He glanced towards the stairs that led down to the tavern then back at the female player, grumbling as he turned around and walked towards her. God damn me and my bad habit of being chivalrous... This is starting to piss me off more than most people do...

The platinum haired boy quickly caught up to the female before she ventured out and gently tapped her shoulder. "Excuse me, miss? Are you planning on heading out?" He walked out from behind her and grabbed her hand, kissing the back of it out of habit. "If so may I tag along? I have a bad habit of being chivalrous even when it's inconvenient for me so I feel a necessity to help you out, specially on this floor since it's easy to get caught off guard by monsters and PKers."

Hearing the patter of feet behind her, Allania turned to see a player run towards her. It was someone that she hadn't met before, so Allania responded as she normally did when being approached by new player. By welcoming them. "hey there" she called out, as the player neared her. Listening to the playres questions Allania put up her hand and started counting off the questions one by one. " 'planning on heading out?' Yep, 'want to tag along?' sure why not. Company is always welcome in this place. And it's by far safer to travel in a group as opposed to travelling alone" she said, smiling to the newcomer. "And that is indeed wise of you, I've only been out there once" motioning to the expanse of the desert "so have not actually learnt all that much about it yet, or the risks that lie within". It was always nice to see players trying to help one another out, so Allania was glad when this player came and offered assistance. "I'm Allania by the way, and may I enquire as to your name?".

At least it was someone likable was what first popped into his head when she politely greeted him. It was more unusual to meet someone who did not irritate the young man than most would think, though it was mainly due to his easily irritated personality. He gave the girl a slight smile when she not only agreed with him but praised him for making a well-thought out suggestion. His eyes followed her as she motioned to the ever expanding desert, nodding in slight agreement of how dangerous it could though it was for different reasons that he thought this. "It can be a traitorous place to go to, yes, but it's also quite a wonderful place to lose yourself within, or at least that's my opinion." He turned towards her and smiled in a friendly, somewhat charismatic, manner when she introduced herself. "A divine pleasure to meet you Allania, my name is Zero. Shall we take out leave then and see what we find out in this wild, unforgiving land?"

"I would have to agree with you on that" Allania responded in reference to saying it's a wonderful place, her gaze on the dunes ahead of her. "I wonderful place indeed" she breathed. She had yet to explore this place fully and she could not wait to get out there again. Turning back to Zero "no, no. The pleasure is all mine" as it indeed was, Allania knew, she enjoyed meeting new people and having them as company, even for a short while was, well, wonderful. "let's go then shall we?" excitement tinging at the edge of her voice. This player did not seem to be hostile towards her, and the green plumbob above his head was a testament to it.

• 2 weeks later...

He nodded in agreement with her and looked back at the desert. Its ever shifting sands a splendid sight to behold, the mysteries hidden within them a tempting thought. The young man was happily surprised by the girl's politeness and etiquette, giving her a respectful bow in return. "Let us be on our way if you have everything you need ready then." He opened his inventory, equipping his Dragon Hide Armor under his Morningstar's Coat and conjuring his Twinfire Sword upon his left side. "Though I'd prefer to avoid any unnecessary fighting so we can make sure neither of us is put into too much danger. What exactly were you planning on doing out here in El Perdido?" He casually asked continuing to walk out of the safe zone and out into the desert.

"Planning?" Allania said, faltering in her walk, slightly shocked at the idea, realising that she had never actually come up with a plan for what she was going to do in the desert once again. "To be honest I was just planning to wander about in the desert for a while, potentially look for a sub-dungeon, try gather some materials. I did not really have a set plan except for explore and have fun. It probably sounds somewhat silly I know, but yeah.." she said, her voice trailing off with the last syllable, a faint smile on her face, hoping she had not seemed like an utter fool in front of this player. "Is there anything you would like to do in there?" Allania asked the player beside her, wondering why he had been up on this floor, as not many frequented this level, something about not enjoying blistering heat or dehydration.