[F1-SP] Going Solo

Ratatosk was fed up with all the crap other people kept saying. There were many types of people in this game, but the type he hated most was the arrogant kind, the kind that are all bark and no bite. "Guess I'm hunting for more materials today, great." He knew he couldn't hunt monsters for that sort of stuff, his accuracy was too low. "Damn, and I didn't get that weapon either. Guess I'm going to have to do it the old fashioned way, searching. [censored]! I stubbed my toe!" Ratatosk unintentionally stepped on a really sharp rock, he could already tell this day was going very well.

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk took his sword and use it to cut up an apple into tiny slices, he usually does this when he's hungry. "Maybe I can get a bit of self confidence with that item, then I can talk to girls normally. Hope it works." He finished the apple and got to material hunting, it was a very boring task but he had to put up with it. "Wish Kranzer was here, he always knows how to spice up a conversation or something.' The blonde put his fingers in the grass in search for a material, maybe today would be his lucky day, or not. "What's this? Is it a material, wait... It's not!"

ID#53335

13 (11+2)

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk looked past the trees into the fields, how many boars were out there? "Wow, around sixteen boars? There's no way I can kill all that, I'd die first." He remembered ordering a set of tier two gear already, but when would he use that set of gear? Of course when he reached level twenty five, but when would he actually reach that level? "Right, I need to level like crazy if I want to become a front liner. No more lazily sitting here on my ass waiting to interact with others, from now on I'm going solo." Ratatosk sheathed the blade he had out the entire time and stepped on something. "A material? Nah, just a rock."

ID# 53338

Loot 13 (11+2)

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk looked at the sun and saw a small group of boars grazing on a field. He wanted to kill them, but he could tell they weren't loot eligible, this being the first floor after all. "How many more materials to go before I can leave? Nah, that doesn't matter. As long as I come back powerful, I'm fine." The blonde began to wonder how many times he could level up within a single day, he set a challenge upon himself to do that. "Maybe I can get to level ten today, sounds good. Much better than sitting on my ass and watching the frontliners do everything. After all, I can fight too..." His hands explored the various contents of the grass, hoping to find a material. "What are you? Hmph, just another rock."

ID# 53341

Loot 12 (10+2)

Edited by Ratatosk

His fingers scrambled across the dirt and grass making tiny dust storms, "Damnit!" He kicked a nearby tree , he was angry but not exactly dissapointed. "My luck today is [censored] [censored]! Damnit, maybe I should hunt monsters while I'm at it. Or not, my accuracy isn't high enough yet." The blonde looked at the sky and remembered doing this with Kranzer. "Wonder where that guy is anyways, he'll probably bring more luck with me if we did this material searching thing again." He sighed and tried to find a material, his fingers came across a solid item and he picked it up. "Nice, a rock..."

ID# 53342

Loot 7 (5+2)

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk wondered how long it would take to finish this game. He's seen enough people die already and wants it to end quickly, this was the moment that he needed to come up with a certain thought. "Death is not a game, life must be protected." The single "aha" moment he needed to get back on track. "That's right, death isn't a game, life must be protected!" A sudden realization came to him, just how many players were dying each day? He can't just sit around there watching them all die. "Fight, I'm going to fight to beat this death game!"

Ratatosk knew he didn't need to search for materials, he already had a decent set of gear being made at the moment. He didn't really need col either since nobody would sell him their items. "And now I wait, first I need to examine this floor to see how many players die, and then... Fight." The blonde sat on top of a tree and spotted a group of low level players fighting a single boar, he knew it wouldn't end well but he stayed up on there to observe. "Switch!" A player shouted out to switch, and at the same time another player came out and took a strike at the boars. In a single sweeping motion all the boars were gone and he looked in awe. "Teamwork."

He continued observing the group of players, they consisted of two boys and two girls. It was well balanced and he liked that. Most guilds he knew of were predominately male, a bad sign especially since a load of perverts play SAO. He didn't need to be reminded of the day when Kayaba gave everyone the mirror, every single 'girl' he met turned out to be a G.I.R.L., guy in real life. "Oh no, not that..." It was scary, he was scared of the girls at first who turned out to be guys, but when he figured out he was scared of them even more. They still had on female equipment, which was a bit strange. Even though it sort of scared him, he learned to accept it as he will soon learn to accept the fact that he can actually talk to girls, just that he's extremely shy.

The group was fighting another group of boars again, this time it was eight. "Eight? Can they really take that many on? No way, you've gotta be kidding me." The blonde tensed up a bit but saw one person of the group who stood it, a slim girl that slashed quicker than he could see. There was another too, a small boy who seemed to be the tactician of the group. Ratatosk got a bit jealous and blushed, "No! I can't ever team up with them, I'm going solo now and I don't need other people's sympathies." Again, the group destroyed the group of boars and moved on.

Ratatosk saw that the group was tired out, they began to go back to town. Before that, he heard one of them shout the results of their hunting for the day, "Forty thousand col!" No way, forty thousand col from hunting boars? That was impossible. "Right, that must be the added sums of all their hunting, they probably earned around five thousand today or something." That was unbelievable, a group of only four earning that much in a short session? The blonde was skeptical, but he knew that the boy who was their tactician wasn't lying.

Ratatosk remained in the tree for a while, scanning the area to see if any new players showed up. It was dead in the night now, and seems to him as if no players would arrive. Much to his surprise, a big group of thirty people came storming onto the fields. "What the? No way, this isn't a big fight, it can't be. Nobody is that crazy to-" A pair of eyes locked with his, did the group catch him? No, it can't be because the leaves of the tree covered him, but not them. "Right, they can't see or hear me, I'm going crazy."

A roar of shouts came from the group, turns out they were fighting, just not each other. "Holy [censored], is that one guy going to die?" The group of thirty all used their sword arts on a single person, but he wasn't taking any damage. "A frontliner? Must be, nobody can survive that many hits in a second." In a split second, the player being targeted slashed once with his sword and issued a warning to the thirty players. "You guys better run away, I wouldn't want to clean up the mess you make once I'm done." It was all over now, the dead silence of the night came back as the mysterious player left.

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk knew that he wouldn't be getting out of his tree. Who knew what would be lurking in the night? The blonde thought this through before making his final decision, "If I stay up here, there's a chance someone will find me and rob me, and if I go back to town there's a chance I'll get caught along the way and get mugged. What the [censored]! Nothing is safe, guess I'm going to have to get back the hard way." He was hesitant to get out of his tree, a bit too hesitant. "Damnit Ratatosk, move your [censored] body!"

"Finally, I can move again." Ratatosk sighed, being in the midnight wasn't exactly his plan. "Damnit, that player scared the [censored] out of me, wonder where he is no-" He heard footsteps behind him. "Oh [censored]!" The blonde started running to the town of beginnings as fast as he could, but then the footsteps only got closer and closer. "What do you want with me!" A nearby bush rustled, and then a creepy looking girl appeared from it. "Oh, never mind, she was just searching for materials." He remembered now that materials were anywhere, but for cooks you could search for them in bushes, which is what that girl was doing.

His walking came to a stop when he reached the town of beginnings, even though it was a safe zone people could still knock you back with their weapons. That was when he saw a pack of grown men picking on a teenage boy, that reminded him of himself. Ratatosk's anger vented out of him in all directions, it couldn't be contained. "Hey, get out of here now. Do you three even know who you're talking to?" The group laughed at Ratatosk, again he wasn't an SAO big shot or anything, just a newbie. They responded, "How are you gonna make us do that? We were about to anyways." The blonde sighed, at least they didn't need him to tell them to leave. "Great, another awesome day going superbly fantastic."

Ratatosk was bored, observing those people was a bit fun and scary at the same time, but now he had no source of entertainment. "PVP Arena?" He read the sign and it talked about an arena where high leveled players dueled, he wanted to see what it was like so he bought a ticket (Which was free) and went in. There he saw two players who looked seemingly strong about to fight. The one minute counter was at thirty as he watched in anticipation, "Holy crap! I want to be in there one day!" Ratatosk started dreaming again, thinking of the future that awaits him.

The two combatants slashed at each other with extreme speed. He couldn't see their strikes, it was like one of those animes he watched before playing SAO. "Holy [censored]! This is better than Fate/Leave Day (Parody)!" All the hype came to an end when the heavily armored combatant struck his opponent in the arm. "Well played." They both said. Wow, Ratatosk couldn't believe that was the power of people stronger than him, he knew they weren't frontliners but they were pretty damn strong. "How do I pick up that speed? Momentum... That's right, momentum helps a lot with that."

In a single day Ratatosk experienced one of his greatest moments in SAO. Soon he'd become a front liner if he just kept up his leveling pace. "Right, not steady and slow, but fast and powerful!" He heard of a way to level up quickly on the first day the game started, he slacked off for quite a bit and now he wanted to become a powerful front liner. "So if I keep burst leveling, or power leveling, I will eventually become a front liner just like that." The blonde's thoughts dragged him into the unknown, each path taking him deeper into what could kill him. "Power level, sounds good. Great, a big increase in experience sounds good, should do that next thing in the morning."

"Four months and seven days ago... I was eating bread in a toaster store, wait what?" Ratatosk got out of bed and awakened to a bucket of water splashing over his face. "Please pay up for the Splashing Bucket tavern, we wouldn't want to kick you out because you are our valuable customer!" The blonde sighed, it was better to leave than wake up to this crap every single morning. "Alright, I'm leaving now, bye!" He closed the door and took a deep breath, "Man what a life, one big fat [censored] life."

Ratatosk heard the tiny birds chirp and the crickets do their little mating calls. Sitting on that boring little bench wasn't much fun, but he couldn't go outside the safezone either today because some commotion around the exits was going on. He heard some people were trying to camp but they did badly, and so now a massive battle is being held against them. A couple of screaming people came running from one of the exits, "Well, time to check it out." Ratatosk unsheathed his blade and walked to the exit, seeing another bunch of players screaming while running away.