[PP-F1] A nice little outfit <<Earning a living>> (Grave)

@Grave

It was a wonderful morning in the town of beginnings, the sky was mostly clear, the azure sky dotted with puffy white clouds here and there, the sun shining brightly. "This world...is so nice..." Luna mumbled to herself as she looked at her quest log, reading through earning a living. The bluenette wanted to become a tailor for...reasons and thus she needed to complete this quest, but how? She was too weak to hunt mobs on her own and material hunting seemed extremely boring. "Umm..." she mumbled as she looked around, there were people but they all seemed scary, the petit girl was too shy to approach any of them. She let out a sigh. "How am I going to do this quest ifI can't talk to people...Luna you dumbass..." she muttered to herself, cursing her shyness and how easily she became embarrassed. 

I laid casually on a hill on the First Floor, one that overlooked a large forest to the right, and the edge of the castle to the left. It was quite the spot to relax, as I enjoyed the breeze's gentle caress in my hair and on my coat. My eyes were locked on the Floor above me; we were progressing through this damn castle quite quickly, especially with the might of the KoB working on the Frontlines. With a sigh, I shut my eyes, just in time to catch a small voice nearby, cursing to itself for some reason. Eyes flicking back open, I rolled over on the hill, scrambling to the top to peer over the blades of grass; it was an adorable girl with beautiful blue hair. I would not have been surprised if hearts popped from my eyes for a moment. Shaking my head and remembering I had Jevi, I peeled myself from the grass and approached the girl. "Hey, you okay?" I called across the grass.

"Hey, you okay?" Luna's hear snapped around to the source of the voice that seemed to be addressing her. Her eyes, for a second were locked onto the player, he had grey hair and seemed to be a good deal taller than the petit bluenette. Based on his gear, Luna assumed that he was of a much higher level. She looked at him for but a few moments before realising that he could see her face, swiftly looking down at her hands, embarrassed. "H-he didn't see me...did he?" she asked herself. She knew that some of ehr features betrayed her secret, and she hoped that Grave hadn't noticed

The poor girl was shy, and likely somewhat intimidated by my tall stature and wicked gear. "Oh, I am sorry if I scared you." I apologized, crouching down when I came near enough so I was closer to her height, lowering the intimidation she likely felt. "Mind if I ask what an adorable young lady such as yourself is doing out in the field, looking aimless?" I questioned, tilting my head and keeping my tone gentle. "You might want to be careful, a simple boar can take out a low leveled player, I advise you tread carefully." I warned, looking around the immediate area to check if she was in any danger.

"Oh, I am sorry if I scared you." Luna heard the player say, she could tell that he too was British, which was  slightly comforting but she was still embarrassed and nervous. "Mind if I ask what an adorable young lady such as yourself is doing out in the field, looking aimless?" the boy continued, he seemed genuinely concerned, maybe he wasn't as scary as she thought he was. "H-hi" she managed, nervously forcing the words out before the player mentioned the fact that she could easily be killed by a boar, which didn't help. "I-I'm fine...I just...just need help with a quest..." she said, slowly looking up at him, a few blue locks obscuring her face. 

The poor girl was still quite shy, but I did not blame her; a random player had approached her and began talking to her and warning her about stuff she likely knew from the start. My expression was soft and welcoming as I looked at her, waiting for her to speak. "Hey." I responded to her stuttered 'hi', before she mentioned the quest that she needed some help with. I smiled kindly to her a and extended a hand out. "If you would like, I could help you with the quest." I offered her.

Luna slowly looked up at the player, her eyes, which (I have been told) seemed a little more masculine than the rest of her face visible. The other player seemed friendly, even offering to help with whatever Quest she was having trouble with. "It's earning a living" she said quietly, still very self concious, looking down at the floor again in embarrassment. 

She sighed, cursing once more her social ineptitude 

I looked into the girl's eyes as she looked at me, and I noticed something slightly... off. Unlike the rest of her, they did not seem all that girly. However, I left it alone, having no wish to confront her on such a thing. "<<Earning a Living>>, hey?" I asked with a soft smile. "Well, we can go through that one of two ways... or maybe both if you wanted. Either we can do some non-combat gathering, or I can kick some mobs' asses for you." I offered, wondering if she might like to see me in action, kicking some serious ass with my fists and feet.

Lune began to calm down, the other player seemed to be quite nice, wishing only to help her with her quest, although his eyes did seem to linger on hers for quite some time. 'He knows doesn't he...' she thought, before shaking her head, now was not the time to worry. "Well, we can go through that one of two ways... or maybe both if you wanted. Either we can do some non-combat gathering, or I can kick some mobs' asses for you."  the other player explained, giving Luna two choices, fight or search. 

"I...I would like to f-fight some mobs..." she stammered, before shakily getting up and looking at the man again. "I-I'm luna"

I smiled at the girl's decision to fight some mobs; for a beginner she was surprisingly brave. "Alright, if you get behind me, I will take the hits while you stab them, alright?" I suggested, removing my coat, as the thorns might have been a slight cockblock to the young girl, who introduced herself as Luna. "The pleasure is mine, Luna. My name is Grave." I responded in kind with a courteous bow. Raising my eyes, I caught the red glint of a boar's bloodthirsty gaze. "Heh, our first monster. Ready to cut it or poke it or whatever?" I asked with a grin.

Spoiler

Coat of the Wild Spirit Unequipped: -9 MIT, -7 Thorns, -1 EVA 

Party

Grave: 76/76 HP | 19/19 NRG | D: 8 | A: 2 | E: 1 | Shepherding: All hate is passed onto this player.

Luna: ???

Enemies

Boar: 4/4 HP | D: 3 | M: 1

Edited by Grave

ID: 53594

BD: 4 (Fail) 

Luna nodded nervously as the other player explained that she could hit behind him while he took the hits. "J-just like Allania..." she mumbled to herself as the boy introduced himself as grave, swiftly after spotting a boar, asking if she was ready. 

The girl nodded before unsheathing her Rapier, running over to the boar and attempting to stab it but missing. She then yelped before running back behind Grave, she didn't know why but something about him made her want to stay close to him. 

Grave: (76/76)  (19/19EN)

Luna: (8/8) (1/2EN)

Boar: 4/4

I heard Luna mention Allania and I smiled; so she had met the kind hearted blond as well. That was very good to know. Before I could exchange any words with the girl, she rushed off and aimed to strike the boar, missing and backing off behind me. The monster dropped into a charge towards me, and I lowered my shoulder, the creature crashing into it, dealing a minor amount of damage to me.

MD: 8 (9 - 1)

Party

Grave: 72/76 HP | 19/19 NRG | D: 8 | A: 2 | E: 1 | Shepherding: All hate is passed onto this player.

Luna: 8/8 HP | 1/2 NRG | D: ?

Enemies

Boar: 4/4 HP | D: 3 | M: 1

Edited by Grave

ID: 53625

BD: 10 (3DMG) 

Luna winced as Grave took the hit for her, the sound of the tusks impacting with his shoulder causing the bluenette to yelp. She hated how she was weak and couldn't  take a hit without possibly dying. She came out from behind Grave, her eyes full of determination as she raised her raiper, the blade glowing the same blue as her hair as she charged towards the boar, activating her <Linear>> sword art, the weapon's tip piercing the boar's hide easily, halving it's HP

Grave: (72/76)  (19/19EN)  [HATE: 3] 

Boar: 2/4

I grinned as the girl protectively popped out of cover to rip into the boar, piercing it with amazing ferocity and elegance, before ducking back behind me. "Christ, Luna, that looked awes-" I began to compliment her, before I shepherded her off to the side. "Shite! Watch out!" I warned as the boar rushed past us, narrowly missing me. "Alright, now is your chance, Luna! Go again!" I commanded, pointing at the recovering pig.

ID: 53862 | MD: 3 (4 - 1)

Party

[H: 3] Grave: 72/76 HP | 19/19 NRG | D: 8 | A: 2 | E: 1 | Shepherding: All hate is passed onto this player.

Luna: 8/8 HP | 1/2 NRG | D: 

Enemies

Boar: 1/4 HP | D: 3 | M: 1

Edited by Grave

ID: 53865

BD: 2 (Miss) 

Luna smiled as Grave complimented her. "Th-thank you-" she said before Grave shepherded her away from the boar's attack, the beast narrowly missing Grave, although she was sure that he could take many hits from the beast she still didn't like him being hit.  "Alright, now is your chance, Luna! Go again!"   

The bluenette noddd before running forwards, stabbing at the boar but missing narrowly, before backing off, her rapier held diagonally. 

Grave: (72/76)  (19/19EN)  [HATE: 3] 

Boar: 1/4

I watched as Luna missed her mark again before quickly recovering behind me. "No shame, Luna, you are good." I reassured her, my arm defensively in front of her. The boar charged again, straight at me, and I met the tusks of the monster with my own hands, grasping the sharp horns tightly and shook the beast. "Alright, here you go!" I offered the girl, stepping in wide circles so I kept the pig on the outside. It was so close to dying, I just hoped it dropped something of use for her.

ID: 54129 | MD: 0 (1 - 1)

Party

[H: 2] Grave: 72/76 HP | 19/19 NRG | D: 8 | A: 2 | E: 1 | Shepherding: All hate is passed onto this player.

Luna: 8/8 HP | 0/2 NRG | D: 1

Enemies

Boar: 1/4 HP | D: 3 | M: 1

Edited by Grave
  • 2 months later...

ID: 61887

BD: 2 (miss) 

Luna watched as Grave took the boar head on, his hands gripping it's tusks as he fearlessly defended her. He moved it so that she could deliver the finishing blow, keeping it in place in the hopes that the girl had the strength to kill it. She nodded, running forwards as her rapier glowed a brillaint blue...before slipping and falling on her face. She spat out a few blades as she shakily got up, hoping that Grave hadn't taken notice of the deep grunt that she had unintentionally let out. "B-bloody grass. Too slippery..." 

H: 2] Grave: 72/76 HP | 19/19 NRG | D: 8 | A: 2 | E: 1 | Shepherding: All hate is passed onto this player.

Luna: 8/8 HP | 0/2 NRG | D: 1

Enemies

Boar: 1/4 HP | D: 3 | M: 1

Edited by Luna

As the girl slipped, she cursed at the grass, and I had to stifle a laugh for a moment to throw the boar aside and lower my arm as if holding a shield. With the boar occupied with trying to return to its feet, I let out a small snicker. "You remind me of a good friend of mine." I told her, grunting and wincing as the tusks of the pig monster pierced my shielding arm. "Crap..." I groaned, the strange tingling feeling spreading through my arm. "Alright... go again..." My arm was about to go numb from the damage I was taking, but it was for the best.

ID: 61924 | MD: 6 (7 - 1)

Party
[H: 2] Grave: 69/76 HP | 19/19 NRG | D: 8 | A: 2 | E: 1 | Shepherding: All hate is passed onto this player.
Luna: 8/8 HP | 0/2 NRG | D: 1

Enemies
Boar: 1/4 HP | D: 3 | M: 1

Edited by Grave