[SP-F1] Training to Acquire New Skills (Search and Detect, Part 1)

Khrysaor had just learned about how SAO turned into a death game by the creator himself; Akihiko Kayaba. After, analyzing all he learned, Khrysaor thought about the goals he had to complete to survive and beat this nightmarish of a game. He thought, 'Some of the things I need to learn is about how to level up, gain experience, acquire money, gain skills, and lastly how to work through the game mechanics.' "Man, I got loads to do to even survive this game, and lets not talk about the amount of work needed to be strong enough to reach the front lines to help out the raiding teams. Well, this sucks," said Khrysaor.

'On to the matter at hand,' he thought.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Spoiler

STATS

LEVEL 1

HP: 4/4

ENERGY: 1

Edited by Khrysaor

Well, now what should I be doing," he asked himself. While, Khrysaor was in deep thought on the things he had to accomplish, it was starting to get dark out. So he knew for now it would be better for him to get a good night sleep, and get up tomorrow bright and early. It was in the hopes that Khrysaor would be able to come up with a plan of action with his mind well rested. He was thinking, 'now where would be a good place to sleep. I know from learning the rules that the cities/towns were safe zones and the fields and land outside of these zones were dangerous. All because of the monster spawns and the damage that could occur to me. Be it from monster or player.' He shuddered, hoping other player at least had the decency to not kill others in a death game at least. But that in it self was naive, because everyone is different with different mindsets, so of course there would be those type of people who would kill others without any remorse, and feel elated doing it. Khrysaor knew he had to be careful and to always stay on the alert, at least at times when he wandered out of the safe zones.

Now that he thought things through; he knew the best place to get some sleep would be within starting city. He traveled back to where Kayaba talked about how they were trapped in a death game. Looked around and saw a pretty good place to sleep. He walked towards the wall, where he sat, knees towards his body and started to close his eyes.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Spoiler

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor awoke to the loud noise of a bell ringing. He looked around to see a bell tower close by. It was still early in the morning with the sun coming out in the horizon, but knew this was the best time for him to get up and start to prepare for the day. Khrysaor has started to feel hungry, so went to his menu, and then to the inventory to get a loaf of bread out. He started to eat it, but at the same time wished he could get a more tastier breakfast. When he was done, Khrysaor thought now that he has satisfied his hunger, It was time to move on. His goal for the next few weeks would be to get stronger and learn how to fight properly. So, with that Khrysaor stood up, stretched his body a bit, and started to walk away and into the market district of the city.

JOURNAL

STATS   

Spoiler

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

He took an exit into the alleyway, looking curiously at all the stalls and shops that lined up the streets. There were a variety, for instance, weapons shops, stalls that sold food, tailors, and wide assortment of others. He knew he needed to gather up money to even think about getting any upgrades on his equipment but for now he wanted to train to get stronger, but then thought, 'How should i start to train? There are a few options like asking for help from one of the more experienced players. Another option that I can think of is to fight the monsters on my own, but that would most likely result in my death because of my low level and no defense, so that is out of the question. Another thing I could most lik.... hey what is that?' Since, Khrysaor was new to games having never played them before, this was the first time he saw a person with a "?" mark over their head. He wondered what that was all about, and being a little curious went closer to him.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

As Khrysaor was getting closer to the person, he was thinking how the guy looked like any normal player character, but the way the guy just stood there motionless told him otherwise. By the time Khrysaor got closer he suddenly understood that it was an NPC Player. He remembered what he learned about an NPC is that they can help guide players, give them quests, or even some sort of item and money. Khrysaor wondered what this NPC would tell him, so when he reached him he tapped on the NPC and it suddenly came to life. The NPC said, "Well, hello player, how are you doing? My name is Sensei." Khrysaor had a look of confusion, he wondered why the guy had such a weird name, when it is usually a respectful name used by students to talk to their teachers. At the same time Khrysaor replied, "My name is Khrysaor, and I am doing fine. I was wondering why is your name Sensei, and what it is you are standing around doing here?"

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

Sensei said, "I am actually looking around for new players who might need guidance, because I seem to have some information that might come in handy for them. What level are you at now Khrysaor, because the information I have seems to be only useful for those players who are below level 9." 'Now that truly got me interested in what he might say and the information he might have,' thought Khrysaor. "I am at level 1 and just starting on my adventure. You have peaked my curiosity, can you tell me what information you have and hopefully it will not be dangerous." replied Khrysaor. "Oh, that is wonderful!" exclaimed Sensei. He continued on to say, "Since, you are only at level 1 this information will be most beneficial for you. I heard that on the far eastern part of the town, near the eastern gate is a old house made of wood, and a experienced warrior is supposed be living there, who helps new players gain strength. I do not know what his methods are, or what he trains others in but if you can find him, he would help you survive against stronger monsters. The only catch is that the place he lives is well hidden, so it might be difficult to find him. Another thing I have to tell you is that it is mildly dangerous, so there is a chance for death, and you will be taking a risk on information that might not be accurate. Are you really willing to take the chance to get stronger, that is the question you got to ask yourself."

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

'Am I willing to take the chance to get stronger,' thought Khrysaor. He knew he was truly willing to go on this adventure in the hopes of getting stronger. Khrysaor could tell that it can be dangerous but at the very least it is not as dangerous as going on the fields to fight the monsters. Sensei said his data may not be correct, and that would cause a whole problems especially with the wastage of time and could result in dying. Overall, the pros still outweighed the cons in his opinion, and he knew there would be other times he would have to take the risk at even higher costs. Khrysaor determinedly said, "Yes." Sensei in turn smiled brightly and told him, "I was hoping you would say that, and now onto the last bit of information I have gathered, because I have no clue where this house might be and know the general location. But still it would be better if you used the hint I give you, which will send you to one more hint to help you get to the place, listen carefully." Khrysaor started to get excited and could not wait to go and get started.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

Sensei continued on saying, "The next hint will be where you can hear time, even though you might not be able to see it. Well that is all I know, good luck out there and have a safe trip. Now, I should start looking for others who might need my help, bye." Sensei started to leave and when he reached the corner of the street he turned on it. Leaving Khrysaor alone on the empty street. He knew his best option was to figure out this hint to get the next and then move on from there. He could not waste time looking all over the eastern area of the gate for a house he might not even see. 'Okay, i know the hint the old man gave me revolves around time, but what did he mean by hearing it but not being able to see it. Actually, I kind of get it when someone wants to know the time, they look at a clock or watch, meaning they are seeing the time. So, in other words, the person should be able to know the time with only hearing it. Hmm, hearing time, hearing time,' was thinking Khrysaor.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

He started to walk around not noticing what was happening around him, while he thought about the riddle. He was also beginning to think about how he wanted to take a nap. Suddenly, he figured out where he had to look for the next clue, so he started to run through the streets. When he got a close up on the tower he knew he was right, and thinking about taking a nap gave him the answer. This was because his thoughts of taking a nap, wandered back to when and where he slept, and of how he woke up. He had woken up in the morning to the sounds of a bell ringing, meaning from a bell tower, and just by hearing it's sound someone should be able to tell the time. So, his answer was simple, and that was to search the bell tower.

Now the question is where should he look the bottom or the top. When Khrysaor was observing his surroundings, he noticed the whole tower was made of bright white stone and only one entrance into the tower. He thought since he was already outside he would look for a clue or suspicious person around the tower first. After, doing two whole laps around the tower, he knew it would be less likely to find it down here. So, he started to walk inside and up the long, winding staircase. When he reached the top, he started to stare in awe at the magnificently, large golden bell that hung there. After, getting out of his stupor, Khrysaor started his search for a clue, but could not find anything. He almost gave up until he saw the small carvings on the bell itself, thinking he had found what he was looking for, he excited went and tried to make out the clue.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

The carvings looked like pictorial symbols. He started from the first symbols, which looked like a landscape with grass. Next one showed a flower, and after that two straight lines running parallel with each other. Then comes a 9x9 grid where one of the squares was shaded in. The shaded part was 6 across from the left and 3 down. With that the sequence of drawing ends. Khrysaor was able to mostly able to understand the first 2 symbols, while the last 2 stumped him. The first two were implying that when he reached the eastern side of town he is supposed to look for a grassy field with flowers. but that was all he could infer. With that out of the way Khrysaor thought he should start moving on to his next stop, and hopefully be able to figure out what the next two symbols meant. So, with that he started to travel down the stairs. When Khrysaor made it outside he looked towards the sky and found out he already spent part of the afternoon searching for his second clue. He knew he wanted to figure everything out before it starts to get dark out, so the rest of the way Khrysaor ran towards the grassy fields on the eastern side of the city.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

The moment Khrysaor got there, he noticed all the other players traveling in and out of the main gates, that lead outside of the safe zone. Just from looking at the groups of people who were coming in; some injured while others did not have a scratch on them, he knew he was not ready yet to venture of of his safe haven, yet. Starting his search for flowers, made him realize in horror that the whole field was covered with flowers. 'Oh no how am I to know of which flower I need to find,' thought Khrysaor. Realization hit him that he actually needed to understand what the next symbol meant. He started to think what could 2 parallel line refer to. It had come right after the flower symbol, but before he could ponder on. He noticed something odd with the flower arrangement towards his left. When Khrysaor got closer he noticed that there was a strip of grass that did not contain any flowers at all. That is went it hit him, and said aloud, "The 2 parallel line symbol meant a path that was only formed from grass with the flowers bordering the path's lines." Khrysaor walked down the path with one thought, 'One final symbol left to decipher."

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

Soon after, Khrysaor finished walking down the flowerless path, he reached a region of the grass that was blocked off on all sides by large hedges. As soon as he saw this he noticed the shape formed from the hedge formation made a square, and he figured out that the 9x9 box symbol had meant this area. He looked at the ground carefully and sure enough he saw thin lines without any grass, and this meant the area had already been divided into smaller squares. Now all Khrysaor needed to do was to reach the square of grass; that was shaded in the symbol he found. Taking a deep breath and hoping that he did not fall into any sort of trap. He stepped onto the first square. Cautiously waiting for something to happen, and when nothing was triggered he sighed with relief. Now all he had to do was reach the square that was 3 down and 6 across. He took every step carefully, until he stepped on the square that he needed to.

Khrysaor waited a minute, but nothing happened. He thought bitterly, 'Really all that time wasted today and searching for this mysterious warrior and nothing happens. Just great." After Khrysaor finished that thought, the ground started to rumble. He noticed in one of the corners the grass start to move underneath the hedges, and a opening formed which showed a set of staircases leading downwards. He knew this was it, and this might be one of the only chances he got to turn back.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

He knew what he had to do and that was to keep moving forward. With that in mind, he started to travel down the stairs, and it went on like that for 5 minutes. After, Khrysaor reached the final step, he noticed doors up ahead, but before he could move any further a sign popped up from the ground. He moved forward to read. The sign depicted,

Beware!

Traveller if you move passed those doors, you will not be able to turn back. After, you go through those doors you will have to complete the maze and unlock the doors. To unlock the doors, you will have to find the keys. The keys are all well hidden, and there will be times when you get lucky and find it while other times not so much. There are three doors you would have to unlock, and the first two will have no traps, while the final one has traps. So, if you do not find the key fast enough a trap will trigger, but do not worry the damage done will not be a lot just a small zap, hahaha.

Not giving the sign any more thought, Khrysaor moved forward. 'At least now I know my final objectives, and can complete them,' thought Khrysaor. With that final thought he opened the doors.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

When Khrysaor moved out of the door and into a maze made out of hedges. He Jumped when suddenly the doors behind shut, and he knew he could not go back. He traveled further into the maze, and after a few twists and turns, he got to a set of silver doors. Khrysaor thought that now is the time to search for the key.

Khrysaor's first thought was to search the ground and see if it was dug into the ground. He started from the door and moved through the path that led back to the entrance, but could not find anything. So, he gave up on that idea and thought to use a different one.

ID# 54365

LD: 4

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor then thought to search the hedges, and see if the key was stuck between the thin braches somewhere. So, he searched this time moving slowly from the start to the door, and midway he found what he was looking for. With a happy smile, he plucked the key from between the hedge, and made his way back to the silver doors. When there Khrysaor place the key in the keyhole and turned it. The doors had opened and he got though his first obstacle. Now, 2 more to go.

ID# 54366

LD: 18

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor moved forward searching for the second set of doors. He kept on going, turning this way and that, but not finding the doors he was looking for. After, being blocked by a dead end, he changed directions, and chose to go through a different path. While, at the same time he made a large hole in the previous path to indicate the paths that he has tried already. "Finally," said Khrysaor. He saw the second set of doors, and now back to searching for the keys. He saw the sun slowly setting in the horizon and knew he had to hurry his search before it got to dark to see.

Just as he started to search for the keys on the ground near the door, he saw a glint of light coming from the key hole. Khrysaor looked at it and thought, 'That is a surprise, whoever thought the key would already be in the keyhole, lucky I saw the flash of light otherwise, I would have wasted all my time searching throughout the maze for the key.'

ID# 54369

LD: 18

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

After, Khrysaor went and unlocked the door. He looked beyond the door knowing that if he messed up and took too long to find the key he would start to take damage. He did not know how much but there is nothing he could do now but hope for the best. Khrysaor said, "Alright just have to find one more door and key and I should be free from this maze." He took a deep breath and ran in search for the next door. A few dead ends later, Khrysaor found what he was looking for. He thought, 'The last door, now to search for the key.'

Khrysaor knew that he needed to find this key, because it was almost dark out and visibility would be lost. Making any chances to get the key for the day finished, and he did not like the prospects of sleeping through the night in this maze. So, with that his search for the key went for 2 hours with no luck. He had already searched the door, hedges and ground, but nothing came up. He decided to backtrack through the maze to the beginning, but before he could he heard the branches and leaves rustling in a part of the hedges. He went to take a look but at the same time being cautious. A rabbit suddenly popped out of the hedge jumping away from him. Before it left his sight he noticed the key hanging from the rabbits neck. That in turn made him run to catch the animal, and after running for 5 minutes, he was able to corner the rabbit. Khrysaor took the key from around the neck of the rabbit, and let it go.

ID# 54384

LD:18

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

'Yes, finally I have the key and can get out of this maze,' thought Khrysaor. It took another 15 minutes, but he found the door he was looking for. He placed the key in the keyhole and opened the door. The instant, Khrysaor made it out of the maze, his face morphed into a look of astonishment. The scene before him was so beautiful, and could not believe what he was looking at. In the horizon, he could just see the sun setting, and what looked like a wooden cottage just beyond a river on top of a small hill of grass. He could hear and see the waterfall in the distance, and the small mountainous region. Khrysaor started to move his way towards the cottage, and after truly passing the hedge line did he feel a tingling sensation pass through his body. He did not feel any different but knew something had happened and decided he would think about it when he could.

He crossed the river by walking on a small bridge. As Khrysaor got closer to the cottage he started to make out a person nearby doing some sword practice. Khrysaor thought the person practicing did look old, but when he saw his face. Khrysaor could not help but be shocked. He could not believe who it was, because it was Sensei. The very same Sensei, who he just met this morning and conversed with him about the legendary warrior who helps new players get stronger.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

"It cant be, so he tricked me. Can't believe I got fooled, who knew he was the master warrior. But now that I think about it, it does make some sense. When I first took a look at Sensei, he had a very fit body for someone who is pretty old, and one of the biggest give away was his name. Someone who calls himself Sensei, must be a sensei, himself. In this case, he is a teacher of the art of swordplay," mutters Khrysaor. Khrysaor decided to let Sensei finish his Kata before they have a chat. After 5 minutes of waiting, Sensei finished and turned around with a big smile and greeted him with a friendly, "Hello, my friend, how did you enjoy your trip?" Khrysaor could not help but become incredulous at Sensei's greeting. 'I can't believe this old fool. I am tired, and sore. Had a long day of activities, and worried about getting injured and dying searching for this place. All Sensei seemed to ask is how I enjoyed my trip,' thought Khrysaor. He sarcastically replied, "Well if you think that being worn out from the days activities and thoughts of being out on a dangerous trip counts as being enjoyable. Then, yes, I thought my trip through the unknown was very enjoyable." The sarcasm seemed to just bounce off Sensei, while he said, "Good, now I think it is time for you to rest up for tonight, because right now you look almost like you want to kneel over. We will have a serious discussion tomorrow."

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor could not believe what he was hearing. He took a whole day to find this place and Sensei wants to start talking tomorrow. "No, I want some answers right now. For instance, if you were the skilled warrior, who teaches inexperienced players. Why didn't you just say so at the very beginning, and start training me right away? Why did I have to go through all the trouble to find this place, especially when there were no benefits at all? With a chance for death," asked Khrysaor.

Sensei's eyes darkened considerably with those words. Still Sensei spoke calmly saying, "Listen very carefully boy. Whatever i do is always to help players grow, either as character building or to help them as a player increasing their strength. I will explain it to you briefly for now. First of all, my reason for you to go on this journey was to test your conviction, determination, thinking capabilities, adaptability, and taking chances with a measurable risk involved. If you did not have the mettle to get this far, then there would have been no training involved. Another thing is that the moment you got this far made me acknowledge you in my eyes as worthy to be my student. Also, you worry about the danger of dying because of the last trap but there was none whatsoever because it was all a hoax to see if you had the guts to move forward or get scared enough that you would have ran back with your tail between your legs. So, do not question me, especially when I know what is best." After, this was said Sensei's face morphed into a smile, cooling the tension between them. "Oh, yea congratulations on gaining a new skill, and you have the nerve to tell me there was no benefit, hahaha," said Sensei laughingly.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                       

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 1

Edited by Khrysaor