[PP - F3] Companionship is overdue <<Feeding the Enemy>> (Grave and Kranzer)

Spoiler

(Equipping coat of Plunder +2 LD
Eating Heartrock Salad + 2 LD) 

It had driven Hunie up the wall... Everyone with their familiars. The young girl had had great luck befriending some of the familiars she'd run into but she craved her own. Its funny how much a person seeks ownership, even in a game. It had driven her crazy trying to extort information from NPCs about these familiars and how to obtain one, up until now, no one had helped. Its not like the NPCs were withholding information either, most of them too, Hunie had formed some great relationships with, and she could trust the fact that they would help her when she needed. A lot of them fed her free food for the customer base she would try and generate for them with her positive reviews. An old tailor even crafted her some clothes for her wardrobe for not a single col. If Hunie was capable enough to have these programmed NPCs ignore their business for her, surely a few pointers in the right direction for a pet was nothing... 

Close to giving up on this quest, she had exited her crafting workshop, home bound, or rather inn bound when she saw an old woman walk up to her. As frail as the tailor who crafted for her, but far more feisty, a adventurous glow to her eyes and an aura of mysterious magnetism, sealed in with her draping shawls. "Listen here little one, I have read your heart's desires. "It is a companion you seek, is it not?" the NPC asked, walking towards Hunie at an alarmingly fast rate, especially for a woman of her age. Unwilling to believe this was a trap and eager to have her own pet. "But easy it is not, brave you must be." She said, speaking rather similarly to a fictional character Hunie was very fond of. "Food you must get, monster you must feed." She said and with that she vanished. And Hunie noticed a UI window pop up to give her a chance to accept the quest. Upon noticing that there was a chance she could tame a monster, she hopped with glee and quickly accepted the quest. 

It was already evening and she wasn't keen on venturing into unsafe territory without a companion. The blonde shot a message to Kranzer, wondering if he'd be interested in helping her out. She asked him to meet her at the edge of the town and began making her way towards it. The streets weren't too crowded, mostly NPCs and a few players. She tried to differentiate between the two, wondering if anyone else would like to join her too... More the merrier right? She thought. 

Spoiler

ID# 53412 results: Battle: 5 :: Craft: 9 :: Loot: 11(+4) = 15 :: MOB: 10
+ 1 Mat

Edited by Hunie

I sat down and laughed as Hikari pounced around and tackled her brethren, the group of Weasel Mages I had adopted her from long ago. "Haha!" I bellowed heartily, amused by the playful nature of the horned weasels, their glinting blue orbs revealed in excitement. A few of the docile creatures even approached me and crawled into my lap. "Quite the family you have here, Hikari!" I called to my own weasel. How did I know it was her? Over time, as she has adapted to her name, the Japanese kanji 'hikari' or 'light' had become painted on her underbelly. She gave an excited squeak back, and I gently placed the other weasels to the side. "Alright... you may stay here for a while, but when I come back to get you, you come, alright? I will be taking no excuses." I reasoned sternly, like a father to his daughter. She gave an enthusiastic squeak in return, coupled with a salute, and I spun around with a goofy grin on my face, running back to Delilah to go to my Diner.

However, I was stopped on the way through the city as I laid eyes upon a blond haired girl, looking around fervently as if trying to find someone. I recognised her; it was certainly a quite blurry image as I was tired when I encountered her, but I formed an image nonetheless. It was the other girl that had purchased a Heartrock Salad off of me. With a smile, I approached her slowly. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked, much more gleeful than I was that time in the Diner.

The sun had started to set on yet another day here in Aincrad. How many days had it been since he first logged into SAO? He really didn't know. After a while he'd simply stopped keeping count. Tracking the passage of time had lost its meaning for the young man. Now he simply counted the clearing of floors since that was the only thing that seemed to matter. There was one thing Kranzer knew though and that was this day had been a very productive day. He sat at a small table in his room at his favorite inn. After having gone through the list of stuff he'd managed to acquire he was just about to take a bite into a piece of bread before he was alerted to a new message. "Huh. I wonder who that could be," he muttered under his breath. The bread was placed carefully upon the table as he opened his menu. Hunie? He quickly opened the message and his dark eyes followed each line and as he finished the young man sighed in relief. At first he grew concerned that the one who stalked her had taken action against her, but from what the message said she was simply looking for help with a quest. "Well that's good," he mumbled. The bread was devoured before he went anywhere. 

Once Kranzer was fully outfitted in his typical attire and gear he made his way towards the gate. It wasn't that far of a walk as he preferred the Inn closest to it. Every morning he got a very early start and being closer to the gate meant he had to travel through fewer crowds of people and waste less time in getting his day started. Now if he was surprised at the sudden message from Hunie he was doubly surprised when he saw Grave standing next to her. "Hello," he called out with a wave. "Hunie you mentioned about needing some help," he asked as he turned his attention towards Grave. "Good evening. Have you managed to become a Grandmaster yet?" Kranzer extended his hand out to shake the man's hand as well as Hunie's. 

Briefly Hunie wondered if she had alarmed Kranzer by sending him a message, since he was one of the select few who knew of her stalker problem.  The blonde was vaguely suspicious of the guy who had asked her how she was doing. Her hand slid towards her blade while she curtly answered "Yes. I'm all right." Once it turned dark Hunie became a different person. She was wary, alert and easy to antagonize. Gone was her friendly over-trusting demeanour. Though she had hoped to run into another player for more company, she realised her paranoia kept her from actually inviting them to join her unless she had a way of confirming that they meant no harm and were not her stalker's minions, or the stalker himself.

Fortunately for everybody, Kranzer showed up rather quickly. Hunie nodded towards him to acknowledge his presence, still maintaining a stoic display of cold control to the other guy. Must have been around. Hunie's confidant solved all the hassle with just one friendly greeting directed towards the other guy. Wasn't much of a greeting, more like a friendly question. "You guys know each other?" She asked darting eyes from one face to another. She quickly regained her more cheerful persona "Well then, sorry about the cold shoulder, I'm Hunie and you are?" She asked smiling.  Hunie wondered if they would help her find her familiar, it was a task that didn't require much effort, it didn't require any spectacular fighting either. There was nothing glorifying in the quest she had just undertaken... She noticed another shimmery element in the distance, excusing herself from the pair for a second, she quickly went and collected her clay. 

Spoiler

ID# 53795 results: Battle: 7 Craft: 10 Loot: 17 MOB: 6
+1 Mat 

Edited by Hunie

The girl seemed quite cold and cautious when she looked at me; she obviously did not recognize me from the Diner. I was about to reply when a familiar voice sounded behind me. "No way..." I muttered, turning around to face Kranzer, my <<Martial Arts>> apprentice. He mentioned the girl, Hunie, needing some help, before turning to me and asking if I was a Grandmaster yet. "No, sorry... I have not visited the old hermit again, yet." I responded, before Hunie interjected, asking if we knew each other. "Yes, I helped Kranzer do a quest for the <<Martial Arts>> skill, one I will soon be Grandmastering, and took him under my wing as my apprentice in the skill." I explained with a smile. "Oh, that is fine, I do not blame you for being on guard. It is admirable that you are so cautious." I admitted kindly, before introducing myself, "My name is Grave, you may recognise me as the man who sold you the Heartrock Salad?" I asked with a cocked eyebrow.

Kranzer nodded. “He was a huge help actually. Did you know that you have to break a giant boulder with nothing but your fist?” He held up his hand as if to express his point and gave Hunie an incredulous look. “Without Grave’s help I would have been there… well I would probably still be there actually.” Kranzer smiled but remained quiet as Hunie and Grave made their introductions. He waited until they were finished speaking to look at Hunie once more. He seemed a little hesitant to speak since it looked like Hunie hadn’t met Grave before so he didn’t bring up the real reason he was concerned for the message she’d sent him. “I came as quickly as I could. You said you needed help with something?” His dark-eyed gaze shifted between the two as he waited to see what was going on

"Oh yes! You're the one who gave me that salad, thank you again, I hope you got the payment, I think I saw your weasel weasel it away." She said with a small giggle, now feeling much more at ease. "I'm sorry all this darkness plays tricks on my eyes and on my memory too, apparently." She added bowing her head to man who presumably owned the crimson diner. Kranzer added that the silver haired man had helped him break a giant boulder, and had inadvertently also introduced the stranger. "Grave, is it?" Hunie asked to confirm. "And no I didn't know about this boulder thing, does it give anything special? Maybe I should do it too..." Hunie mused. Then Kranzer reminded her of the real purpose she had here. "Oh yes, I need to go feed some enemies so that I can bait them into being my familiar. I see a lot of people with little animals and I love animals, I would love to have a four-legged, or winged friend." She said grinning, just the thought of having a familiar to keep her company. "Would you too, be interested in joining us?" She said looking at Grave, Hunie had presumed Kranzer wouldn't say no, but she wondered if that was fair on him... Just to make sure she addressed him too. "Unless you'd rather not..." She said looking at the two guys. 

Just then she noticed a large bat's flutter towards her at an alarming speed. She slashed at it with her sword, though it left a large red streak it didn't kill the creature till it flew into her spikey armour. Punctured by the thorns that were activated, it succumbed to death by bursting into several pixels. "Okay... Didn't look like that one even wanted food. I think I've got some bread on me... I'll try feeding the next one that." She said sighing. "But now you see why I need your help..." she asked grinning. 

Spoiler

Spawning 1 Bat: 
HP: 12
Dmg: 6
Mit: 3 

ID# 54242 results: Battle: 9 Craft: 7 Loot: 1 MOB: 8

<<Bat>> Hit! 
Hunie HP: 31/32

Hunie Hit! 3 basic damage + 1 Crit Damage + 8 Bleed damage + 14 Thorn Damage 
<<Bat>> Dead!

+ 1 Mat

Edited by Hunie

I smiled when Hunie remembered me from my Diner. "That is right! And yes, I did get your payment." I confirmed, before continuing, "I am quite thankful to Hikari, otherwise someone may have waltzed in and nicked it!" I added with a chuckle, scratching the back of my head. She mentioned the darkness playing tricks on her eyes and memory and I shrugged. "Hey, that stuff happens, do not worry about it." I reassured the girl simply. She repeated my name and I have her a thumbs up. "Yes, it is Grave." I congratulated her, before she went on about the rock quest in response to Kranzer mentioning the large help I was. "Something special?" I asked, lifting my fists and knocking them together. "I will have you know that the skill I received from it has nearly been Grandmastered by me~" I boasted, lowering my fists. "I will happily take you! My damage chews through the rock like it is nothing!" I offered, boasting once more. Kranzer voiced the urgency with which he came to Hunie's aid, and she briskly responded with a rough description of the <<Feeding the Enemy>> quest. "Ah, that is where I got Hikari from! Speaking of which..." I looked out towards where I left the orange devil. "She is busy playing with her family. Once we get your Familiar, I shall go and grab Hikari so they can meet." I suggested with a bright smile. "Of course I would, as long as you two are okay with it!" I replied enthusiastically to the girl's question. I watched her easily take out a bat, before she made a joke and voiced that it was the reason why she needed help. "My fists shall let no more harm come to the lady." I offered my services, left hand extended towards Hunie.

Hunie suddenly realized that she’d met Grave before which made Kranzer smile as she giggled. It was understandable though. Even someone that wasn’t in her situation should be wary once the sun sets. He listened as Grave answered her question about the boulder quest. It wasn’t until she talked about getting a familiar that the young man perked up. “Familiar?” He looked at both of his companions. “You’re going to try and get a familiar?” She seemed to hesitate when she asked if they’d help and Kranzer simply nodded. “Of course I’ll help.” It was the least he could do and there was another factor as to why he didn't have any issues with helping her despite the fact he had been about to turn in for the night when he got her message. That factor was that it was just easier for him to help others than try to do anything for himself as odd as it seemed. He didn’t have to make many choices when he acted to help a friend after all. Then out into the wilderness they went. Eventually a bat crossed their path but it didn’t prove to be overly friendly. Kranzer was about to try and offer her encouragement when Grave made a rather bold proclamation. He declared that nothing would harm the lady so long as his fists had anything to do with it. “So how exactly does this work? You just feed a Mob and see if it takes?”

"Ah good. I was a bit worried, once again, I was a little out of it that day, so I left the money on the counter, instead of personally handing it over, irresponsible..." She stated, muttering the latter part of the sentence. When he said it was all good, she maintained her apologetic smile, but it grew much wider. "That's a relief." For some reason, bragging rights were very freely earned in SAO and somehow they weren't as annoying to hear about as they would have been in real life. Everyone had something special they were trying to master in this death game and they loved to talk about it. So, Hunie grinned as she heard Grave talk about the skill he was working on, encouragement was always the best way to forge a bond of mutual trust, respect and friendship. The girl then proceeded to nod vigrously when he said that he would help her achieve it too. "Oh wow... I think my unarmed damage is very poor at the moment, so I would sure love to throw in a few punches while I basically watch you 'chew through the rock'"She added, quoting the chef.

"Hikari..." She murmered as per habit, to memorise the name. Kranzer had confirmed that he was going to help to which she nodded and expressed her gratitude. "They have families too?" Hunie asked rhetorically, "I want to meet them all... and I want my own." She said, a whiny tone and impatience tinging her voice as the silver haired guy spoke of Hikari, his weasel. When he offered to protect her, she smiled brightly at him, going a little red as usual. "Oh my, thank you, again." She responded. Hunie then turned to Kranzer. "I think we just venture deeper in and try getting friendly with any mobs that seem up to interaction and don't attack right away I suppose... And, and! Give them food." She said adding the last bit as an afterthought, extracting something from a rock absent mindendly. 

Spoiler

ID# 54822 results: Battle: 10 Craft: 1 Loot: 11(+4) MOB: 4

+ 1 Mat 

Edited by Hunie

I laughed as Hunie agreed to have me carry her through <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>. "Alright! Just shoot me a message when you want to do it!" I offered, opening up the friend request menu, typing in the girl's name and sending one to her. When I mentioned Hikari and her family, Hunie seemed surprised that mobs had families. "Yes, of course! The mobs in SAO, as much as they are pre-programmed, they have a large degree of artificial sentience, and to make it more realistic they breed. This creates families of creatures that interact like a real life group of animals." I explained with a wide grin. "Watching mobs play is pretty damn awesome. You will see what I mean when I go to pick Hikari up." I admitted, scratching the back of my neck proudly. "Hey, no need to complain, sweetheart. You will get one soon enough, do not worry." I reassured the girl with a gentle clap on her shoulder. I grinned widely when she blushed and thanked me for my swearing of my loyalty. "There is no need to thank me. Simply doing my duty." I reassured her with a sigh and a smile. Kranzer asked if we just keep searching until we get friendly with a mob, and I nodded, followed by Hunie elaborating. "Correct... I do believe that we could tame something that wants to kill us, though, if we weaken it without killing it." I added, scratching my chin.