[F1-SP] Ravenous (Going Solo Pt.3)

Ratatosk was idling around in his tree, that group from the other day sure was powerful, but then they did their hunting riskier than before. "Geez, that's very reckless to have their tactician right in the open unless that's a plan. Wait, what the?" One of the girls in the group staggered back, her health was in the red zone. "I can't sit here... Gotta help!" By the time he unsheathed his blade, the group already finished off that monster. They smiled at each other, but the girl who almost died didn't. He saw their first big argument, and knew what was to come next. "Abandonment." 

"Damn, they've been fighting for a while, maybe I should intervene? Nah, this could become deadly." The blonde listened to their shouting, it seemed as if this was their first fight. "What if she died! We can't have a tactician that makes stupid mistakes like that!" Their tactician lowered his view and tightened his fists. "The plan failed okay! I won't do something like this next time so shut up!" Ratatosk saw the groups worst fight, and he was right too, abandonment. "Alright then, if you think you're so smart then I'll leave! C'mon guys, let's go." 

Edited by Ratatosk

Right when he said "C'mon guys, let's go." The rest of the group followed him, leaving behind the tactician. Ratatosk wasn't processing that  correctly, "No way, without a tactician they'll die! And without a group the tactician will die..." The blonde continued watching, then the tactician broke down into tears. "Damn it! Why is it always me! First dad, now you guys!" His old friends looked behind with sadness in their eyes, they didn't want to leave him behind but the strongest player was the new alpha. 

Ratatosk couldn't help but feel some pity for the tactician, he jumped out of his hiding spot and approached him. "Hey... Are you... Alright?" The blonde seemed genuinely concerned, he didn't get an answer from the tactician until he looked at him in the eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine. I knew it wouldn't have lasted anyways." He sensed coldness in the boy's heart, does this happen to him normally? "So uh, you need some help? I'll be in your new group if that's okay with you." The boy nodded, "That's fine, but eventually you'll ditch me like them." Ratatosk was surprised, "I don't leave my friends behind, what's your name anyways? I'm Ratatosk, what about you?"

The boy shook his head, "Never mind, I'm just going to go back to the safe zone." The blonde looked at him and sighed, "Guess I really am solo now. Time to go see what his friends are up to." He took off in the opposite direction in hope of finding the remnants of the group. "Don't you think that was a bit too harsh?" One of the girls asked the leader. The leader only looked down with a sad expression, "It has to be, otherwise he will never learn. I know he's not a bad kid, but we need to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. Remember how your HP went down to two? That's not acceptable, it never is."

Ratatosk knew what was going on when he saw it, "Holy crap, this is all a big set up? I need to distance myself from these people, they remind me of... Them..." The blonde departed, this was the last he'd ever seen of that group. "I guess I can stalk other players then, grea-" he bumped into the mysterious from before, "No way? Hide... Hideshido?" Hideshido looked at Ratatosk, "Yes... Move, get out of my way." He scrambled to the side and allowed Hideshido to move, he didn't know his strength so he was a bit frightened. "Right, time to move on!"

Ratatosk walked through the endless forests of the first floor when he came across the floor boss room. "Damn, if only they didn't beat it already." He chuckled and moved along, "Wonder how they're holding up on the fifteenth flood, casualties are increasing with each floor, and that's why I need to join." The blonde looked around him and saw that there were no monsters, materials, or players around. "This isn't right, I should hide to find out what's going on." He climbed up a tree and was greeted by something strange.

Ratatosk didn't know that there was another player who had the same idea about hiding spots. The stranger smiled, "Hey there, what's up?" He seemed like a very casual and expressive guy, he made Ratatosk feel comfortable to be around him. "So uh, you were the one who ransacked and did a big monster genocide on this place?" The stranger nodded, "Yup, that's me. We should get down now, the monsters also spawn in the trees." He jumped down first, but immediately lost his balance when landing, he landed facefirst onto the ground. The blonde offered him a hand, "And you're also a klutz? That's two in one package!"

The stranger was danger, but he was also a total klutz. "Well, I'll be seeing you around someday. Probably tomorrow if this place has good monsters to fight." The stranger gave him a nod and a thumbs up. "This is a really good place to train and make money, here's what I earned today." He opened up his HUD and showed his stats and col to Ratatosk, "Holy crap! Twenty thousand Col? No way, level twenty!" The blonde was surprised, how did he reach that level just by being here? There was no way he could've leveled up that fast, the Col had to be legitimate but his level wasn't. "I'm guessing I can train here till level fifteen right?"

Ratatosk thanked the stranger and began walking back to the starting city, The Town of Beginnings. "Might as well give that spot a try once I get my weapons done. Where has that blacksmith been anyways? Haven't seen him for some time lately, wonder what's wrong." The blonde saw someone while walking back to the starting city, an orange player? It was obvious the guy was a PK'er, but he had no interest in Ratatosk and vice versa. "Back at the Town of Beginnings, yay." 

Ratatosk stared at the PK'er for a while, he didn't want to go back to the Town of Beginnings yet. "So, how did you get that orange icon? Kill someone, mug someone, or just attack someone?" The orange player looked at him through their hood, "Attacked someone, didn't know it turns you orange. Do you know when I become green again?" The blonde put a finger on his chin and began thinking, "You should become orange in about less than a day, but if you commit a crime like attack someone five times in a row, you stay orange I think. Good luck though, c'ya." He gave a farewell wave and wandered back into the first floor city.

Edited by Ratatosk

He was back in the city, today it was more peaceful than it was a few weeks ago. "More level one newbies, too many people are staying here and there aren't enough players on the front lines. I really need to step up my game or else I'm going to be a useless bottom feeder." The blonde sighed and bought his usual free ticket to the arena, "Let's see who's fighting today." He noticed there was something odd about the audience when he first came inside the arena, first of all there were way too many girls, and second of all the combatants were both... Beautiful men?

The blonde knew exactly what was going on now, he was in the wrong arena, and this was the wrong fight. The two men inside the arena began throwing roses in the air while shouting flirty pick up lines, and all the girls in the arena were swooning over them. That's when Ratatosk remembered, "Oh [censored], girls!" He rushed out of the arena as soon as possible and didn't stop running until he was outside of the safezone. "So much for going to the wrong arena on the wrong day, [censored]." What would he do next? Probably observe the floor miniboss that keeps respawning at a certain spot.

Ratatosk arrived at his destination, for a second there he thought he heard a robot saying "You have arrived at your destination." In japanese, it was probably a sign of how he used to hear it all the time. "So now I wait for it to respawn, those newbies better not try to take that thing down." He knew what would happen if those level one or two players tried to take on a miniboss like that, it wouldn't end well and they'd probably die. "I should stop worrying about that, they'll be fine."

Edited by Ratatosk

He watched and finally saw that the miniboss spawned, it was more of a field boss but he'd call it a miniboss instead. "Yeah, they're going to be okay. I mean, the can't possibly die right?" Four players who were around level four showed up, their gear was terrible and he wasn't sure if they'd be able to take the boss down. "Things are probably going to go south, need to prepare my blade." The blonde unsheathed his sword and kept it at his side, readying it for the first strike on that miniboss if the newbies were to take it on. "That's right, come closer to me."

Edited by Ratatosk

Within the time span of a few seconds, the newbies completely destroyed the miniboss, turns out they didn't need help at all. "What the? What were that things stats anyways?" He pulled out his guide book and started reading, "Floor one... Miniboss... Here you are, Giant Nepent, health thirty, damage ten, mitigation zero. Well, that's quite a shock actually, they took that thing down within a couple of seconds... They're not low leveled players then, they've got to have perfect gear and a decent level to do that." He was lost in thought for a couple of seconds but then realized how they did it.

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk had an "aha!" moment. "I see, so they are in fact, level six, each of them used their best sword art, the damage is greater since they are using perfect weapons and some damage crystals. Wait, damage crystals?" He pulled out his guide book again and started reading about them, "Increases damage by the number of slots multiplied by the tier level. So if that means a tier one crystal with three damage slots, it will give me three damage. That's basically a tier two weapon right there, but what about a tier two crystal? Isn't that a tier three weapon? No, it's a tier four weapon. Damn, this system is pretty complicated!"

"That's right, this system is complicated. Wait, complicated? You know what that means right?" No matter what system it is, if it is complicated, it will have bugs, errors, exploits, and possibly even cheats to get past the system. "So if I do that... Hmmm... No, that won't work, think of something more genius." The blonde couldn't really think of anything now, he was stuck and lost in thought as of now. "Maybe... Yeah, that might work!" He decided that tomorrow he'd take the quest <<The Gemini>> and see if his theory would work. "It's going to be one hell of a fight!"

Ratatosk took out a piece of paper from his bag and a pen, he began writing down a few notes. They were mainly theories meaning none of them might even be true. "Equipping handwraps and a weapon at the same time will increase your damage, proven false. Under the system handwraps are registered as weapons, crystals of different tiers stack in bonuses. If you get the last hit on a person who dies, you become an orange player. So many things to prove true, and false. How many can I debunk before I go insane with all these new ideas?"

Edited by Ratatosk

The blonde rolled up the paper and put them back into his inventory, which was his bag. "Enough thinking for today, I'm beat and I need to get back to town." He started walking to the Town of Beginnings, he was out for the entire day and the sun only started setting now. "I'm surprised, last time I returned it was night. I guess time really does fly by quickly." Ratatosk yawned, but eventually arrived at his intended location. His mind spiraled into chaos again, he remembered a certain thought. "Life is not sacred, we grow as lifeforms and then die."

Edited by Ratatosk