[F1-SP] Hunger (Devour Pt.2)

Ratatosk hadn't felt this way in forever, tonight the stars were all spread out. They all seemed to be lonely, but in truth none of them were, they all fought together, as one. "Why am I feeling this... This emptiness?" He wasn't sad, mad, or glad, just empty. It felt like his insides were hollow, like everything was drilled out and buried into a big ditch. "Is this the price of seeing so many people die? It can't be... right?" The blonde wasn't sure of who he was anymore, why did he feel empty? What was the cause and how could he fill the void? "Maybe there really is no answer, or was it meant to be like this? What's my purpose, why am I here? Why am I so [censored] afraid of girls?"

There were no answers for these questions, as long as Ratatosk lives he will never find them. "The other day I saw two more people get killed, and I didn't shed a single tear. Why?" He knew the struggle of finding the truth, was it even there for him? The blonde no longer called others "players" anymore, death is not a game. Instead he called them "people" it sounded the most suitable because everyone playing the game was a person, after all, they're just like him. Human. "I used to wish upon the stars, I wanted my mom back. Have I lost my hope? Faith in people, I don't know."

"Humans are the most arrogant species, even when I read a biology book, it states that humans have the most complex functions out of all animals. Sometimes we even forget what we are, we put ourselves on the level of God, playing executioner by locking people up, destroying life every time we need resources. Even in politics, arrogance exists. There are people who are pro life and believe abortion should be illegal, yet they still eat meat and refuse to change their ways. We have pro choice men who do nothing to stand up for rights even when they believe in something they're fighting for. Arrogance." Ratatosk shrugged and continued thinking.

Ratatosk looked up at the sky once more, "What was humanity gifted with? Intelligence, endurance, or physical ability? Many people like to claim it is intelligence, but that is false. If humans were intelligent, why are they destroying their own planet? And after a forest is cut down for wood, an uprising is made by people who want to help the environment. They claim they are saving the earth but they are wrong, arrogant. No matter what we do, no matter the ideal or belief, we are always out for ourselves. That reminds me... A certain human once said... Life is a stage play."

Ratatosk stood up, too much thinking for a day keeps the psychologist at bay, actually it makes him closer but never mind that. "It's funny... How when people kill each other, they see it as murder. In many ways it is, but isn't that just human nature? But then again, who are we to play executioner and decide when to end people's lives... Kayaba Akihiko." He stared at the sky with rage, "You are the one who destroyed everything that some people have lived for, you've murdered countless people and I will not allow you to live." The blonde laughed.

Ratatosk laughed at the towrds he just said, "Looks who's the hypocrite now... Who am I to play executioner in this game? But what is Kayaba Akihiko's goal, was this a mindless slaughter? Or blackmail. I sense that it could be... Maybe a longing for adventure. To live in the virtual world, and not allowing anyone to log off so he won't be alone. No, I doubt that, I bet this is a scandal... Perhaps he can log out but we can't, maybe he's among us right now? If he logged out then the police would arrest him and the game would already end, so that theory is gone."

Ratatosk couldn't just leave yet, his mind wasn't ready to stop thinking. "The arrogance of human beings surprises me. I've seen people who desire power, yet they do so by picking on the weak, claiming they are strong. And then there's the egotistic arrogant human, believing their strength is superior and become enraged when it is challenged by those of weaker status. Humans are not one individual, they are a species made up of many. Why murder and put each other down when we all share the same planet?"

He gave a quick laugh in response to his own words. "If we all share the same planet then why are we shattering the very frameworks of the earth that hold it together? Whatever a human touches, withers away. Whether it be a flower, or even one of their own kind, individually they are weak but in groups they are strong. The recent years have marked the dawn of a new era, more minds have become enlightened, or so I hope." The blonde was talking a bit too philosophically, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

Ratatosk looked at the night sky, the stars disappeared into dust as another cluster entered the visible range. Away from all the lights, it looked like the real night sky, one without light. "So is this really a dark sky? Damn you Akihiko... Even though a couple thousands of people die here, you made it like this? Maybe the time will come when you realize what you've done. I know you can hear me Akihiko, and I know that you are always watching."

He couldn't stop thinking about what could happen next. "Maybe in the future, we will beat the game, but how many lives will be lost? In the current state of the game, there aren't too many front liners. I don't know how many people need to get stronger in order for us to beat the game, how many have to die? Could be dozens, or hundreds, or maybe even thousands... But we cannot lose hope! It's possible to beat this game, I know that for sure. Guess I'll just have to rise up and be the next front liner."

Edited by Ratatosk

"I remember martial arts being about the body and soul, somewhat of a spiritual way of fighting. A style consisting only of the fists, that's interesting." He laughed and stretched his arms, "Pretty tiring standing up and thinking like this." The blonde did a trust fall with the floor, and it caught him. "Thanks grass, back to that talk. Akihiko Kayaba, I hope you know that by ourselves, we are weak. But in groups, we are strong. I'm going to take you down Akihiko, someday, I'll make you pay for everything you've done."

He finally stood up and stopped talking about Akihiko, he had no time for that. "The arrogance if humanity amazes me, I don't want to call names but I know a whole bunch of arrogant people, thinking they are the only ones with potential. They are wrong in every single aspect, anyone is possible of becoming the greatest. Even me, a level nine player, I could become the next highest leveled player, or it even may be one of the level one players. You never never know what could happen because you can't predict the future."

The blonde's walk back to the first floor safezone was a long but pleasant one, full of thought beyond his own comprehension. "If animals have instincts, what our ours? What's my purpose, why am I here?" He chuckled. "I feel like I've said that before, and at the same time I feel like I didn't. Life really is a mystery huh? They say it started in super heated vents deep in the ocean, to think life so simple could become the complex ecosystem we have today. Humans, dogs, cats, pidgeons, we're all animals. But is there really a difference between us? Dogs kill dogs, humans kill humans, I see it now... We're just like dogs."

His mind was on overdrive thinking mode, nothing, not even players could interrupt his thoughts. "If we're like dogs then how come we aren't loyal? Mankind claiming absolute reign over each other is like seeing a desert filled with snow, absolute bull[censored]. King Henry the third, fifth, six, doesn't matter now since they're dead. What is royalty or blue blood? Does blue blood even exist, I mean all blood is red. Hell, they must be aliens to have blue blood." The blonde's witticism satisfied him, it was true. Aliens are like people of other races, except possibly more dangerous. 

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk finally arrives at his destination, but he didn't stop walking or thinking. "Blue blooded royals are jokes, along with high school boys thinking they are on top. Are we that thirsty for power? Each and every single one of us is an individual, but what part of the individual makes them human? I will never be able to answer that question for I myself don't identify as a human, I only call myself a lifeform. It's inevitable, but we all shrivel up and die. Maybe humans seek power to have control in their lives before finally dying. Now that's going out with a bang." Ratatosk smiled. 

Ratatosk looked at the night sky again, he didn't know why, but it felt like the sky was crying. He felt a Raindrop fall on his head, "Rain? The world is crying again, how many lived were taken? I can't forget those first days... I was a coward, but no going back now! I'm going to beat the crap out of the game developers once I get out!" The blonde sighed and seated himself down on a bench. "But that's if we get out, they might've been lying about the clear the game part."

The blonde was almost glued to the bench, his thoughts were taking him a bit too far into the domain of the unknown. "What can I classify as human, and what's not? One of the main problems is seeing through them, of course, analyzing a simple human is very easy, but occasionally there's the rare one. I haven't met a rare one yet, but eventually I will. Now what will they exactly be like? Unreadable, understandable, too emotional? It's a fun thought, but I need to wait until I can see what they're really like." He looked up at the sky again and remembered; the stars are pretty. Yes, it's a simple four word phrase, but has lots of meaning if you look at it deeply.

Ratatosk remembered the experiences that happened to him within the last couple of days, he felt a mixture of emotions. Anger, longing, wanderlust, sorrow. "Do I pity myself? There's no more room for that, I need to get stronger as fast as possible. Hit harder, faster, and better, that's what I need to do." He was in a state of self motivation, "In a world like this, there can only be a few like me, ones who are lost. Maybe that's why people consider me evil huh? Ignorance, they don't think you're a human until they finally explored your personality."

The blonde found it amazing that humans could kill each other, "They believe in morality, yet they still hurt each other? That's got to be the most hypocritical thing I've ever heard of!" Ratatosk laughed for a bit, but then noticed he might have been transcending into chaos. "Right, need to keep my calm. When you become angry, they get the best out of you, and that is their goal from the beginning. I'm not weak, and neither are they, what a challenge." Ratatosk started thinking about things, how they would go, what it would be like? But you could only think so far for so long, it was just best to wait and let the cards play.

Ratatosk took a newspaper from a large pile of them that were conveniently left on the ground. "Two players dead on fourteenth floor boss." His eyes were glued to the content the paper provided, "A level one and a front liner?" He was surprised, but knew that he, including everyone, could meet the same exact fate. "I think it's time to stop thinking for a while, all this revenge bull[censored] and anger management [censored] is getting to me." The blonde crumpled up the newspaper and threw it on the streets, one last moment to think, he couldn't stop yet.