[PP-F1] Outside of Town With A Smile (COMPLETE)

Lee Song-Fang stood just beyond a few pillar of stones jutting out of the ground in a circle a couple of feet in front of him. Beyond them would be a slope that could easily be mistaken for a cliff but it was what was beyond that which was the true view. The land outstretched before any and everyone that gazed upon it and off in the distance was the tower that would lead to the next level of the castle that was Aincrad. It stood like a pillar of both hope though it had just as much horror for those that would let it. The risen islands that held smaller islands on them dotted the landscape around the tower, some of them connecting by the over flowing water that would fall to another land below in a cascade that would fit perfectly on a canvas.

Lee would let his unseen hands rest at his sides in the confines of his sleeves as he would simply enjoy the sight of it all.

Edited by Lee_Song-Fang

Dom heard the rustling of footsteps. Dom had set his armor aside and was only wearing his Hydra Helm but with invisible parameters set so he looked like a low level player. Despair was in it's sheath on his back so it would look as though it were an ordinary starting Greatsword, since the look of Despairs scabbard was hidden underneath the Berserker. The only other things that were truly visible were his unique necklaces, The Commandant's Pendant and the Shining Icicle. Those who weren't front line fighters wouldn't truly understand the concept of each of what these items would truly do.

His standard brown cloth with showed his real life muscles he had before entering the death game, he looked up at the man staring over the rolling fields of the first floor. He turned his face back forward and closed his eyes, "So what brings you to the hills of the first floor?" He asked out loud and openly not caring if the person that approached has noticed his Orange Cursor or not.

The silver haired player was still entranced by the overwhelming view when the sound of another had broke him from it. He would glance around, form one side to the other till his slit-like eyes would come to fall upon another player. He must have been so into the scenery that he didn't even notice he was not alone. It was easy to lose yourself in such a large game and forget that one might not be alone. Lee would turn to face the other player, raising a hand up slightly in a polite wave "Scenery for the most part. The game is just so big and I haven't really seen much, if any of it. You know what they say, no time like the present."

He would move his arm back down to his side as he took note of the greatsword as they would be using the same kind of massive weapons, Lee's on the other hand, open with no case or scabbard and ordinary in almost every way. "I'm Lee. Lee Song-Fang."

Edited by Lee_Song-Fang

Dom was somewhat surprised that this man didn't seem to notice in the slightest bit of Dom's Orange Cursor, "Either he doesn't know... Or he just doesn't care. Either way, doesn't both me." He thought to himself as he got off the ground and extended hand toward the person who introduced himself as Lee, "Nice to meet you Lee. The name is Dom, and I see you're a Two-Handed Weapon user as well." He stated informatively, during the motion of standing up the scabbard of Despair showed just how incredibly special it was. The scabbard had an eerie purple energy emitting from it and had a multitude of spikes coming out of it with the red and black color scheme, "There is no time like the present indeed." He retorted after introducing himself.

Lee was pleased to say the least that he was greeted with a name in return to his own. Lee would let his hand move outward as well to take the other player's in a proper greeting. The scabbard that held his weapon became just a bit more clear. With a whistle from his lips, Lee would tilt himself to the side and look back at the weapon "That is some nice hardware."

Lee would withdraw his hand and look back at his own weapon "It's simple enough and hopefully it'll hold up till something else comes along." He would move his hands to his sides to rest "Is that a rare drop or did you get it as a gift from someone? It looks pretty impressive for a lack of better words."

Dom chuckled when the man made a complimenting whistle towards him, before Dom would say anything he figured out that the man was talking about the Greatsword which in all honesty Dom already knew. Except when he was around a certain Clarence, then he would be a slight bit skeptical at what the boy would be whistling to. Shrugging his shoulders to deject the thought out of his head, "Yeah, I am pretty satisfied with the weapon that I utilize in my travels." He commented. Then Lee asked if the item was a rare drop or as a gift from someone, "Technically both would be true. It's beyond a rare drop, this is a Demonic tier item, there is only one of it in all of Aincrad and it's stats are practically unrivaled save for maybe a pair of weapons. Me and my fellow Commandant realize the strength of each other and have been outfitting one another with top end gear. I am clad up with six Demonic tier items, and he has a good six on him as well... As well as our unique skills." He informed the man, not shying away from telling the truth about all the incredibly powerful equipment he was willing to gloat about.

There was a pause before Dom would begin to speak of just how rare the item on his back simply was. Though it would seem that it was not the only thing that was rare upon his person. It would seem that it wasn't just a rare item, it was something called a demonic tier item. That would mean that it was one of a kind and surely immense in terms of power. Dom would continue to go on about another Commandant friend and, between the two of them, piecing themselves with nothing but the finest in equipment.

Lee would raise his arms up and cross them over his chest and tilt his head to the side in bewilderment. After a moment to process, he would look the player from toe to head and then, finally, speak. "So, for a lack of better words, in comparison to myself, godhood would be a likely status to appropriately give." Another brief moment would pass as his smile would grow "You're what I need to aspire to be!"

Dom belly laughed really hard at the comment of being compared to like a god, "Well God is a way to describe me, none have ever been able to match my ability to farm col and materials. Albeit some of tried, but none could truly keep up with myself. I don't like to brag and say that I am the greatest out there... But if I were to say who would be in the top five players in all of Aincrad, I'd easily see my name is in the list." He spoke in an informing as he was getting over his laughing fit. Then the man would smile and say that he aspired to be someone like Dom. The smile somewhat wore away at the comment, "If you knew what I had to go through to get to this point, you'd likely retract your statement." He points up at the orange crystal that hovered above his head, "If you notice my crystal isn't a green one, and the story behind it is a dark one as well... Those who bear an orange crystal show that they have killed another player. It's not something I am proud of." He spoke completely honest about the trauma that had been inflicted upon his life up to this point.

Lee was pleased that his comment wasn't met with a negative response and it would seem Dom enjoyed the claim of godhood. Rightfully so as it would seem that, at least from his standpoint, he would rank himself fairly high in the list of individuals that would likely finish the game. The last he had heard, the floors have entered the teens which meant that the power of each player in that rank was something in their own league. Though, it would seem that Lee had taken his admiration just a wee bit to far overboard. "Oh?"

Dom would begin to explain just a small bit of just what the orange courser over his head actually meant. It was that he had taken the life of another individual in the game and ended a life. Lee, would raise his hand up and rub his chin lightly "So That is what that means! I thought that it was purely an aesthetic choice given to players and the choices were really, Really limited with the default being green." He would then nod his head in agreement of this new knowledge.

"Aspire would be a bit much huh? No one likes a follower on their heels I guess."

Dom looked at Lee, "If you can honestly make it to the Front Lines without having some serious situations happen that might change you as a person through your rise, then all power to you. Nothing is worse knowing you were the literally the cause of someone no longer being on their world, whether they wanted you to kill them or not." He said earnestly as he looked over the horizon the orange sun showing just how physically fit the Berserker was due to his tank-top being skin tight, "It is good to aspire to be stronger, but don't confuse power and happiness. They're two sides to the same coin, those who seek happiness tend to suffer on power, and it is easily vice versa." He finished saying. He listened to what the player thought the crystal truly meant, it caused Dom to chuckle for a moment, "If only that were true, I wouldn't have to bear the cursed crystal."

Lee was actually happily pleased as Dom would actually wish him the best of luck in reaching such a high goal intact. "Thank you. I really want to just help my friends." Dom would then turn his attentions toward the horizon. He would speak of power and happiness being things that rarely found solid ground with one another and that, in the end, one would more than likely be sacrificed for the other.

Lee wouldn't say anything for the moment, letting it sink in and develop but would then reply "I like a challenge, bending a coin seems like a good way to start." Dom would chuckle at his thoughts on the hovering crystal and it was nice that it wasn't taken in a very stupid sort of way. "The fact that you consider it a curse means that you don't want it and from what you've told me, getting it wasn't something you really wanted in the long run. That makes up for it, for me at least. I know that might not account for much but it is more than nothing."

Dom laughed as the boy seemed to be assured that he was going to obtain both happiness and power in the same right, "Keep your heart good man. I shared my heart with a woman and she tore it out of my chest in a manner of speaking, I went in search for power even though that wasn't the issue." He mentioned to Lee, "How I got my orange crystal is very connected to that entire ordeal, but she wasn't the one that met my blades edge. It's a long story that I am not going to share. Love can blind oneself, always be aware of what power comes at the cost of." He continued as he lifted his sword seeing red data particles constantly form and dissipate upon the blade, a reaction that not even sword arts were able to produce in any sort of fashion.

The silver haired individual would nod his head in agreement that, against all odds, he would aim to keep his way. What was more, it would seem that Dom had shared his heart with another and that, along with events and details that he wished not to speak of, was the reason for his current status. It would seem that there was something to take away from this is that while friendship was fine and dandy, love would be an entirely new prospect that could lead to a downright pitfall. "Duly noted. I'll make sure to try and keep a clear eye on that line as not to cross it when the temptation comes." Though, he was curious now as to what kind of confrontation had occurred though he would not say it aloud.

Was it a lover's quarrel and someone stepped in? An affair and someone was caught red handed? A man defending his woman and taken to far? All these things swirled around in his head but for the time being, he would make sure to keep them there. Dom would then raise his sword, simply gazing over it and just as quickly, Lee would find himself doing the same.

While it was not a blade that would make many friends upon first glance, it did radiate with a sort of power over power, seemingly magnifying itself infinitely. "It is magnificent."

Dom chuckled, "You see the particle effect that is happening on the blade? You won't see another person have that effect on their blade... Since in fact the weapon isn't causing such an effect. I am." He informed the man in a blunt and honest manner, knowing it would lead to slew of questions that he would have to answer. But as long as the topic was off the history of the orange crystal, it didn't mind him.

He turned to look at Lee again, "I am assuming you are curious as to what causes such an effect. Go ahead and release all the questions you might be thinking while looking at the red particle effect. Since when you activate a Sword Skill your entire weapon glows a certain color." He then demonstrated as he activated a sword skill causing his entire blade to be engulfed in an orange glow, "This is the Fight Blade Sword Art, usable when you reach Rank 3 with your Greatsword. It is an AOE skill that let you hit up to four enemies at the same time. Thought it would be good to demonstrate." He said out loud, but regardless of the sword skill activated the red particles persisted under the glow effect. He then deactivated the sword skill so he didn't show any intent to kill the person he had just met.

Lee would nod his head in agreement at Dom speaking if he saw the effects of the blade "Yes, yes I do and I say, it is quite the sight." He was even more astonished as Dom continued on saying that this was one of the rarities he possessed. More over, it would seem that it wasn't even the blade itself that did the effect but the player himself which made it all the more amazing. Before Lee was able to out a question, Dom had beat him to the punch and would show that when a Sword Art was activated, a glow would happen regardless and he would tell Lee of the rank three skill for the broadsword which filled Lee with a sense of wonder as he imaged himself with such a skill that would be able to take on at the minimum of four foes at one time.

He would then go on to say that it would be a good show to give in which case Lee wondered if they would be able to find a pack of boars nearby but Dom would put away the skill to which Lee would point out into the field "I'm sure that there might be some boars or something if you want to show it off. I'd be happy to find some but you surely wouldn't get much out of it so I'll just admire the effect."

Dom looked at Lee, easily noticing all the basic equipment the man was wearing, "You want us to go fight some boars?" He asked. He hadn't really done any demonstration of fighting level one mobs since they were of literally no challenge to the Berserker. But Dom shrugged, "What level are you at the moment?" He asked Lee. Dom would slide his Greatsword into it's scabbard, "I'll explain more on why I have the red particles that formulate at a later time." He informed the man, wanting to let the guy get a feel for the system as a whole instead of just shoving a bunch of over complicated information into the cranium of someone who was just beginning to get their feet wet.

Dom was rather amused that he had come across another Greatsword wielder, he had met so many who wished to wield large two-handed weapons. More so to the fact that they chose to use the two-handed sword instead of the axe or spear, "Well you happen to choose the right man to talk to, not many know how to wield massive swords like me. I know Mack, Leader of the Strike Team for the Knights of the Blood Oath is arguably the best at using Two-Handed Axes. After that it's Macradon who is the second best with Greatswords who is also a member of the Strike Team." He said outloud as his eyes drifted to the upper right in the middle of thought.

The white clothed man would listen as Dom would speak bout fighting boars to which Lee would raise his hands up in a mild protest. "I couldn't ask that. It would be ungodly trivial matter for you and I wouldn't want to be a burden." Lee would then pause as the other broad-swordsman would ask what his level was to which he would reply with a hesitant laugh and look off to the side whilst rubbing the back of his head "I'm....actually just level two." It was as if he was admitting something embarrassing. Dom continued to speak and say that he would explain what he would explain at another time about the particles.

Lee was greatly pleased that Dom had spoke that it was a great thing that Lee had come across him as he was the top player in the form of the broadsword and he knew another who was the top in the field of the battleaxe and another in the two-handed sword. This gave Lee a giddy feeling as he would move his hands behind himself to hold one another "So you would be the best person to ask questions...." He would pause "....If I had them for some reason or another?"

Dom laughed when the man commented about being a burden, "Look, it's not about being a burden or it being a trivial matter... None of that matters, You're getting your feet fresh in this world. Even if you're only level two, we all had to start somewhere." He said bluntly, there was no amount of lies to his statement too, "I'm currently level Forty Seven and I am a good fourteen levels behind the highest level player of Aincrad." He continued with his blunt demeanor, "But all because you're the highest level doesn't mean you're the strongest player. That man is probably ranked fourth or fifth in this world." He chuckled at the honesty he was spouting even though he had nothing but the utmost respect for the man he was talking about.

Dom shifted his weight, stretched, and yawned at the orange lit sky, "I would indeed be the best person to talk to. I am the undisputed King of Massive Weapons in Aincrad, both of those two men I talked about haven't been able to beat me in a duel... In fact one of them I beat in a flawless manner. But they are both great people, and the Axe-man will DEFINITELY try to get you to conform to the Knights of the Blood Oath... Just always remember." He grabbed his Commandant's Pendant that flashed the symbol of the Azure Brigade guild logo, "That the Azure Brigade is the strongest guild in Aincradian History." He laughed with a grin.

Lee was actually very pleased and put at ease at Dom's words though, he was a bit surprised. Most people tend to stick to their own groups, higher players would usually only stick to other higher level players. When Dom would speak about his own level, Lee would be taken back to a major degree. "Forty-seven...to two. Man, those forty-five level difference." Lee would rub the back of his head in a hesitant laughter but he felt kinda honored by the overall fact.

He would speak about that he was even less in terms of levels from the highest player in all of Aincrad. Even with that fact, they would still rank the same or that Dom would still be able to overpower him. "That is amazing and even more so that I'm talking to you." The white haired man would then listen as both of the individuals he had mentioned before had never actually bested him in one on one combat which in turn, seemed to raise him ever higher. He continued to say that while they are both great people, the one with the two-handed ax would surely try to conscript him into what he had heard as a guild called the Knight of the Blood Oath.

Dom would show him a pendant and inform him that in all of Aincrad, it was the Azure Brigade that reigned supreme, another guild he had heard of. "I've heard of the Azure Brigade is the cream of the crop. The pedigree for Aincrad."

Dom stretched and looked at the time in the upper right hand corner of his visual HUD, "Regardless of what is amazing or not. This world is determined by those who put their best foot forward, and those who sit back and let others take the reigns. It's a simple as that, I took aincrad by the neck and throttled it to the point of strength. Hence why Azure Brigade put forth their invitation to have me join them long before what I am today." He explained simply and honestly. Dom knew everything mattered in this world, but one of the few things that wouldn't put you leagues above others is standard levels, "Strength comes from the heart... Not the game." He added.

Turning his neck causing it to pop twice, then turned his neck the other way to pop it twice again, "But I have been relaxing for far too long, it is time for me to head back to the upper floors and begin my clearing the fields." He expressed to the man as Dom dropped his finger switching the preset of what gear he was in. He began to glow a light blue then the light dispersed showing him in his full demonic tier attire armor. Full Ebony Plate, Black Hydra Skull that covered his mouth and head but hair could be seen coming out of the back of it, his red eyes visible through the agape jaw. Shoulder pads in the shape of dragon heads made of stained glass, Despair placed upon his shoulder held by a single hand, and both necklaces easily visible on the chestplate of the Berserker, "You'll hear about the Berserker in the future. I guarantee it." He stated as he turned around and walked away, waving his hand in the air once to say farewell, "Until next time Lee... You better make it to the Front Lines." He exclaimed.