(PP-F1) Determination COMPLETE

Manta walked out of the starter city and into the plains that made up the majority of the first floor. In her opinion it was one of the best places to gather materials, and that was what she was planning on doing. She had a good amount of materials in her shop, but she knew that one could never have enough. It was just one of those things that you learned when you played the game this long.

Manta: 152/152 EN: 38

Edited by Manta Gaul

She glanced around her feet, looking for any stray materials that might have spawned there. Nothing. It was quite possible that today would be one of those days where she had to hunt mobs in order to get her materials. She sighed, tossing her rapier up in the air and then catching it again by the hilt. She couldnt just stand around staring at her feet, she had materials to gather.

ID# 53867 results:

Loot: 1 (+2)

Equipment:

Dungeon Hunters Earring: +2 LD

Pinpoint: +2 ACC, +1 EVA

Rapier Thingy: +6 DMG

Edited by Manta Gaul

Manta walked further out into the plains, looking around for groups of boars clustered together, or other players with holes in their pockets who were dropping materials. None of that seemed to be happening though. Strange, the first floor was usually filled with idiots and herds of boar to slaughter. Maybe someone had been through here before her.

ID# 53873 results:

Loot: 6+2=8  No Loot

Edited by Manta Gaul

There was a lot of potential to gain loot on this floor, but it seemed like today wasnt one of those days that was good for getting materials. She wasnt seeing any packs of boars or even the usual material or two that were scattered on the ground. Maybe someone had already been through here. If that was the case, she needed to go in a different direction.

ID# 53877 results:

Loot: 9

Edited by Manta Gaul

Manta turned and started heading ninety degrees from the direction she had been walking before. Within a few minutes she had come across a small herd of boars. She charge in, activating streak, her weakest but most energy conserving area of effect attack in her arsenal. She could also get a special area of effect attack if she spent thirteen skill points in Martial Arts, but who would waste skill points on that? The AOE you got from that wasnt even all that good.

ID# 53880 results:

Battle: 3 (+3 (2 equipment, +1 precision)=6 Hit!

Loot: 17+2=19

Manta: 152/152 EN: 37/38

Boar: 0/4 (-17)

Loot: +4 Mats

Total Loot: 4 Mats

Edited by Manta Gaul

It seemed like she had been correct. Once she changed direction she started to run into herds of boar like wildfires. And on a plain like this, wildfires were bound to be quite a common occurrence. She unsheathed her rapier and charged in, using streak again. The boars exploded into pixels, leaving her with four more materials. It was looking to be a good day for material gathering. 

ID# 53884 results:

Battle: 8

Loot: 19+2=21 

Manta: 152/152 EN: 36/38

Total Loot: 8 Mats

Edited by Manta Gaul

She continued moving in the same direction, confident that she would come across another group of monsters in no time. And as it happens, that was the case. Within minutes she had come across a third group of boars. Her blade sang through the air as she activated streak, killing all four of the enemy mobs and gathering up the materials that they had dropped after their death.

ID# 53887 results:

Battle: 5+3=8 Hit!

Loot: 13+2=15 Success!

Manta: 152/152 EN: 35/38

Total Loot: 12 Mats

Edited by Manta Gaul

Manta was determined. That was the best way to describe it. She had seen other material gatherers come back with hundreds of materials. It filled her with determination. She wasn't going to fail and bring home a measly four materials. She had family to support, or at least her girlfriend Erin. She was much closer than family in Manta's opinion.

ID# 53893 results:

Loot: 6 No Loot

Edited by Manta Gaul

Manta smirked and continued on into the field. She was all set to do this all day! She had the determination to complete this material run, and nothing was going to stop her. She brandished her rapier in the air and charged at yet another group of boars, her blade flashing in the light as she ended the mobs virtual existence and gathered the materials she had earned up.

ID# 53897 results:

Battle: 4+3=7

Loot: 13+2=15

Total Loot: 16 Mats

Edited by Manta Gaul

She only had sixteen materials after all of this work. She frowned, becoming more determined than ever to get at least twenty-four materials before she went back in. Hmmm. For all she knew, sixteen materials was a good amount to have collected in such a short amount of time. Somehow it felt like a lot more time had passed than actually had though...

ID# 53900 results:

Loot: 2

Edited by Manta Gaul

Gathering materials was boring work, but someone had to do it, otherwise players couldnt craft. In fact, in this game, materials were worth a lot more than the actual currency of the game. She charged yet another group of boars and slashed through them. Another four materials. She felt like she was on a roll, even though she only had twenty materials to show for her efforts.

ID# 53902 results:

Battle: 8

Loot: 15

Total Loot: 20 Mats

Edited by Manta Gaul

She had definitely had good luck so far. Once she had changed direction and stopped following whoever it was that had been in front of her clearing all of the enemies out she had been finding enemies left and right. She paused for a moment, standing in one place and taking some deep breathes. She had been working hard and just needed a few moments to catch her breath.

ID# 53907 results:

Loot: 6

Edited by Manta Gaul

She took another deep breath and sat down on the ground, still gripping her sword in one hand. All of this fighting and hunting had left her incredibly tired, and with a completely new respect for material gatherers and others who did this for a living. She was most definitely going to continue to employ Takneil to get her materials for her. This was just too much work.

ID# 53909 results:

Loot: 9

Edited by Manta Gaul

Cilla had been wasting some time on the first floor, exploring small parts of the vast starting city in the middle, but having taken in her fair share of crowded exploration for the day, she figured she'd take a break and head out of town. The plains out here were certainly beautiful and, while there were a few players seen every few minutes, it felt relatively safe from any dangerous ones. Most of them seemed pretty preoccupied with fighting mobs or socializing with others, but after a while, she'd come across a lone player that was sitting down and a bit tuckered out. As she was walking up to her, Priscilla opened up her inventory and took out a loaf of bread along with a bottle of water. As she stepped within a few feet of the player, she introduced herself so as to not startle the player, "Salutations, I'm Cilla! You looked a bit tired... would you like a snack?" Might have come off as a little weird for a player to approach out of the blue, but it wasn't like she had anything else to do, plus she did need to clear up some of her inventory as to keep it clean... though that was besides the point; friends were good and she was lacking in that department at the moment.

As Manta was continuing her trek through the plains she heard footsteps behind her and turned around to see a rather strange woman with pink hair. She had a strange and formal way of speaking, a bit like Zelrius, but even more so, if that was possible.She smiled anyway at the player, who had just taken an entire loaf of bread out of her inventory. "Hi Cilla, I'm Manta. Thanks for offering, but i actually have quite a bit of food in my inventory." She explained. She sheathed her rapier so that she wouldnt seem threatening and gave te other girl a warm smile. "So, what are you doing so far out from the city?"  

It's purple. :p

The player, whom had now revealed her name as Manta, wasn't interested in her handouts as she had some of her own. Priscilla would dequip the items and store them back in her inventory to reserve them for later as even she wasn't in the mood for a snack, then take a seat next to the player, "Well, I could ask the same of you, no?" She wasn't serious at all about the light hearted retort, but went on to explain herself, "Mostly wanted to get out from the town, spent most of the day there and it's a tad overwhelming exploring everything at once. Trying to get a feel of where to open up shop once I start that quest, looking for other shops to start working towards gearing up, and checking out some other stuff like the inns and stuff." She shrugged her shoulders before adding on a complaint to which she didn't know there was an actual in-game answer to, "Shame there's no sort of strategy guide to help us get our bearings straight, would really be a big help."

Manta nodded to the other player and smiled as the woman explained what she was doing so far out.  She supposed that it might have sounded like she was trying to player kill the girl with her question, which wasnt her intent at all, but luckily the other player didnt seem to take it that way. "I could have sworn that there was a strategy guide. Although I never used it." She said, thinking back to when she had just started. She was certain that there had been a guide that she had had.

While Manta might have been able to answer Priscilla's question at one point in time, it just so happened to escape her at this time, leaving the purple player further lacking in basic knowledge. She would let out a sigh of disappointment, but still had some hope by how her company said it, "Well, least there is one... probably. I'll have to check with some players in town later and see if any of them happen to know anything about it, thanks for the heads up though." Any help was appreciated and even this was worthy of a thanks at least, though Manta would have to deal with her for a little longer as Priscilla had no desire to head back into town just yet. She gestured towards the other player with an open palm, proposing a question, "Well, in the meantime, watcha doing out here? Farming? Questing?" She'd close her fist and raise her finger in the air with a twirl as if it had turned into a glowing, virtual lightbulb, "Oh, I know! You must be out here to meet up with your star-crossed lover!" She leaned in close, whispering the next question as if there was a player within a mile radius, "What's his name, might I ask?" It might have been a tad over dramatic, but she was bored and this was a wonderful way to amuse herself at no expense to anyone else beyond a little mosquito buzzing in their ear.

Manta glanced over at the woman as she leaned in close to her and started acting really weird. She obviously had no idea what she was talking about. First of all, she had used the pronoun 'his;, and secondly, her girlfriend was on the fourth floor probably cleaning their inn room for the twentieth time in a row. Manta had given her a maid costume as a present, and she had really gotten into the part. She let out a bored sigh. "I'm sorry ma'am, but your sorely mistaken." She stated, taking a step back from the purpled haired woman. "I'm simply gathering materials for my shop."

Sadly, it appeared as if Manta was beginning to get irritated by Priscilla's presence and she knew she should just let things be. Besides, the last thing she wanted to do out here in the lack of safe zone was upset a player, "Well, I do wish you luck in gathering materials. I'll let you off on your way, perhaps I'll find your shop sometime." While she would give a moment for the player to inform Priscilla of where the shop is, she would make sure to give a simple, "Farewell," once Manta had decided to depart. She would remain sitting while watching some of the passing mobs and occasional players, contently relaxing with the thought of actually getting something down continuously knocked at the back of her mind.