[PP - F2] Learning to Farm [Grave]

Rather than playing it safe and staying on the first floor Magda had chosen to skip it entirely and head right on up for the second. When she stumbled out into the teleport plaza she arrived in the city of Urbus. The sprawling city that stretched out within a crater and it looked like something right out of dark fantasy novel. Magda had a huge grin on her face as she moved around the plaza and took in all the sights. It wasn't often that she managed to get out on her own and now that she was she could actually take her time and see what this town had to offer. Lately she'd taken to wearing the armor her brother had made for her everywhere she went. Armor that was fashioned to mark her as a member of the guild Mack had dragged her into joining. Her shield and hammer were both in an "at ready" status, ready to be equipped at a moment's notice. No matter where she went she always drew attention to herself. If it wasn't her height it was the air of excitement that seemed to roll off her everywhere she went. She flitted from one shop to the next and that grin never left her face. Eventually though she did start to grow bored of just sight seeing and soon she found herself at the gate that would lead her out into the mountainous terrain that was home to no telling what manner of beasties. She was simply thrilled as she went to take her first step outside.

( @Grave )

Spoiler

Equipped: Titanium Hide, Pride of the Blood Oath, Blood Rage

Edited by Magda

Urbus was not a place I strolled around often; the only reason I ever really came to the second floor was to go see the hermit that gave the <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> quest, as he acted somewhat like my 'master' for Martial Arts. However, I did make this a special occasion; browsing the various stores, looking at the strange wares they had for sale. In a dark place like Urbus it was not unexpected to have some... 'different' items available. Sick of what I was seeing, I strolled towards the exit gate, and noticed a tall redheaded figure standing before it. With a grin, I crept up behind her, aiming to scare the crap out of her with a poke to the shoulders...

Status: Hiding - LD of 10 or higher will discover the player.

I was just about to step outside of the gate when I feel someone poke me on my shoulder. My brow furrows and the unexpected touch causes me to spin around more on instinct than anything. My right fist is tightened into a fist as I prepare to defend myself but as I spin around I see someone I recognize. It is that recognition that snaps me out of it and brings my mind back to reality. A grin slowly works its way along my lips. I place my hands on my hips and visibly relax. "Trying to give a girl a heart attack or something?" My tone has a hint of amusement in it and its only enhanced by the look in my eyes. "Last time I saw you was at the hot springs, and don't worry I gave my brother the slip for the day."

ID: 54255; LD: 17 [Found]

Edited by Magda

I winced and cowered away when the redheaded giant of a girl turned with a clenched fist. "Do not hurt me-!" I whined quietly as I flinched, hands up to protect me. However, when she spoke her voice was soft and teasing and I dropped my guard, noticing she had relaxed. "S-sorry, thought it might be some good fun..." I mumbled, rubbing the nape of my neck as I blushed. "Yes, it was, and thank god for that! Also... I apologize for Jevi's sudden interruption, we have recently gotten together and... well, she is quite protective of me now, and that is fine with me." I explained, looking sheepishly at Mack's twin with a half-formed smile.

Grave quickly reacted to defend himself against a possible attack and I felt shame grip at me for how I reacted when he startled me. I don’t give voice to that shame though and simply smile at him as I listen to his explanation for what had happened at the hot springs. I offer him an impish grin as I nod since I understand where he is coming from. “Don’t worry about it too much. If she wasn’t protective of you then you would have something to worry about. However, you should be careful not to cheat on the women who are protective because that protective nature can quickly turn vengeful, and if you'd actually tried anything with me before I found that out well," I say and pause briefly. "Let's just say I don't like to be played and if you think Mack is scary you haven't seen anything yet." As I turn to look back at the town's exit I quickly wink .“I was just about to head outside actually and see what challenges this floor has to offer me.” I turn back to face Grave slowly with a grin plastered on my face. Playfully I clap my hand against the side of his shoulder but not too forcefully.

I smiled in relief when Magda told me not to worry about the encounter. "Y-yeah, I probably would be in some trouble if she was not." I admitted as I scratched the back of my neck. I then gulped when Magda warned me not to cheat, and told me that if I had tried anything on her, a force worse than Mack would have burst forth. "I-I had no wish to try anything on you, I swear! W-well, except for flirting some, and Jevi knows very well that flirting is in my nature, s-so she is quite lenient with that, as long as it is harmless." I explained, putting my hands in front of my face nervously. I noticed Magda wink at me as she turned to face the exit, and I dropped my 'guard'; when Magda winked, you were in the clear. I had learned that much in my time spent with her. "Haha, alright, let me follow! I will try not to steal the spotlight." I requested as she clapped me on the shoulder and I gave hers a very gentle punch back, barely nudging her. "If we can find some big tough mobs, I can focus on stunning them and you can maim them, sound good?" I asked.

Magda nodded approvingly when he revealed that he didn’t plan on doing more than just some harmless flirting. Flirting was fine and all since it had turned into more of a form of social interaction in this day and age. When he professed that he would try to not steal the spotlight she giggled and she felt his nudge against her shoulder with her fist which caused her to quirk an eyebrow. The idea of him stunning their foes which would conversely give her the opportunity to maim them was interesting to say the least. When she turned to look at him there was a carefree grin on her face. “Oh that’s just adorable. I don’t plan to maim them. That means I intend to leave the Mobs alive once I’m done with them.” She continued along the way as she headed out into the mountainous terrain. “Jevi didn’t want to join us,” she asked without looking. Her attention was focused on locating something to fight so she wouldn’t see how he reacted to her question.

I laughed at Magda's smart retort to my suggestion. "Oh, touché~ However, I never said that you would not finish them off." I countered with a cocky grin, before breaking into a small laughing fit. I followed the giant, beautiful redhead into the field, before perking my head up at her question. "Jevi is quite busy today, so I came to town alone. After all, this was not a planned thing." I reminded the girl, scanning the fields for anything we might like to destroy. I spotted a group of roaming bears in the distance, lumbering around lazily, some tackling each other, others grooming each other. "Shall we go pick on one of them?" I asked, before adding, "A group might be a bad idea. I have on AoE skill, and it costs a buttload of energy. A stun is also not included." I explained, coming up beside the large woman.

• 8 months later...

I fashioned my lips into a sly smirk upon hearing his reply but I did not turn to face him just yet. Instead I opted to listen to his reasoning as to why Jevi was not present. It was true that this wasn’t entirely planned or at least she hoped it wasn’t. When he pointed out a group of what appeared to be bears I quirked an eyebrow at the show of hesitance at the idea of engaging a group of them. I fully intended to offer a quick retort in good fun at that but my gaze fell over a wayward one at just the right moment.

For some strange reason it was separated from the group and seated squarely on its hind quarters with its gaze averted. “Oh,” I finally speak and tilt my head so that I looked squarely at him. The edge of my lips twitched into a half grin as I sprinted forward without warning. I wasn’t really well known for my ability to stay put and wait after all.

I felt the familiar weight of my hammer and shield in my hands as I prepared to unleash a Sword Art that would do the very thing Grave admitted that the skill didn’t have. I slam my hammer down and shout in an attempt to use <<Power Strike>>. My intention was to obviously stun the bear and show off in the process but to my great dismay my hammer landed just short of the creature and left me looking like quite the fool. To add insult to injury I turn and offer an apologetic smile to him just as the Lone Bear turns. I feel the weight of its paw as it slams into my side though no pain accompanied the strike. In fact my health barely registered it before it cycled back to full. The Lone Bear definitely felt the bite of my armor though and once more I silently thanked Mack for the unexpected gifts.

Magda (ID#-73509)
HP
: 200-(20-21)+9=200  EP: 20-5=15 Mitigation: 21, Regen: 9, Thorns: 14, Dmg: 3, Acc: 1 Hate: 0
BD: 5 {4+1=Miss}; Power Strike {(3)(2x1)}=
0Damage

Lone Bear
HP: 54-(0+14)=40 Damage: 20
MD:  6 = Hit
Turns
Magda > Lone Bear > Grave

Edited by Magda

Magda was quick to spot a lonely bear seated away from its brethren, staring off towards the edge of the disc of rock and steel with a dumbstruck, outcast gaze. Of course, the poor thing made for a perfect target, but I could not help feeling a small amount of pity for the AI controlled animal. I looked on as Magda rushed forward to tackle her foe, with me simply traipsing in tow, in no rush to take her glory. I passed the bears rather close by, gathering no aggro due to my significantly higher level, and bit my lip to put a leash on the snicker that threatened to burst out when Magda missed her Sword Art, and the bear swiped her in return. I slowly approached her and placed a hand around her shoulders to steady her from the blow. "Calm down Firestarter, you cannot just lash out wildly. Focus on the target more and do not drop your guard just because the target seems distracted." I told her and backed up, folding my arms in preparation for her next attack.

Spoiler

ID: 73633 | BD: 2 (Miss)

Party

Grave: 580/580 HP | 56/58 EN | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 20

Magda: 200/200 HP | 18/20 EN | D: 3 | M: 21 | A: 1 | Reg: 9 | T: 14

Enemies

Lone Bear: 40/54 HP | D: 20

Edited by Grave

I wanted to groan when I first heard what I considered a lecture that rolled forth from Grave’s tongue, but instead I simply inhaled slowly and focused my thoughts on the target instead. I had to remind myself that criticism wasn’t a bad thing and that he more than likely only intended to offer me useful advice. With a quick nod of my head I raise my shield arm and shift my stance so that my left side faced my opponent. The hammer was held low in my right hand and fully prepared to lash out when I decided to initiate my attack.

Yeah yeah,” I finally muttered now that I had visibly calmed from my previously excited rush forward. Maybe I liked fighting a bit too much but what could I do? I couldn’t suppress the smile that flashed across my face as I moved forward with lethal intent. Now I could have played it safe and opted to go with a normal attack to test this bear out before I unleashed another Sword Art. That would have been the reasonable thing to do of course. The crimson glow that flowed over my weapon belied the lack of reason I tended to exhibit in battle.

Whether it was through sheer luck or the fact that I took a moment to focus but either way the effort totally paid off. There was a slight noise of satisfaction flowing from my lips as my hammer slammed down twice upon the Bear's head. My eyes just caught the last bit of the red splotch upon its skin each time my hammer hit its mark. The sheer force though sent a small tremor out, some might call it a minor earthquake, that left the Bear a little unsteady on its feet and unable to retaliate against my newfound success. Rather than turning to give Grave a wide grin like I wanted to I kept my shield arm up and my gaze focused upon my opponent. 

Magda (ID#73793)
HP
: 200-(0)=200  EP: 18-5+1=14 Mitigation: 21, Regen: 9, Thorns: 14, Dmg: 3, Acc: 1 Hate: 1
BD: 9 {8+1=Miss};
Power Strike {(3)(2x1)}=6Damage

Lone Bear
HP: 40-(6)=34 Damage: 20
MD:  Stunned
Turns
Magda > Lone Bear > Grave

Edited by Magda
  • 3 weeks later...

I grinned and rolled my eyes at Magda's somewhat rebellious response to my criticism, backing off to let her focus. She seemed much more prepared and calculating about her situation than wild and hotheaded now, standing there with her shield up, peering over the rim at her opponent. Her weapon glowed a furious crimson as she rushed again, this time with more purpose to her assault. The system carried her through a pair of overhead arcs, slamming her deadly mace into the skull of the helpless animal. It was obviously a simple test attack; only a small amount of the verdant bar around the bear's head was chipped off by the attack, but it was damage nonetheless.

"Nice job!" I called to her, clapping my hands. Of course, I had seen much more... spectacular sights in my time, but as she was somewhat new to combat, it was still worth paying respects to what she'd accomplished. I sat down with my legs crossed and let her fight her own battle. It would be rude of me to swing in and cleave the poor animal in two, leaving nothing for Magda to salvage from the skirmish.

Edited by Grave