[F3-SP] Kick Dark Elves out of Skyrim <<Worn Out Welcome>> (Complete)

Ratatosk enjoyed a nice failed quest yesterday, it was very [censored] for that to happen, but this time he knew he'd be able to finish the quest. "Worn Out Welcome eh? Sounds pretty easy, I can probably kill everything with one hit." He entered a shop to see what wares were available, but instead he came across a blacksmith that offered to make him some free armor, but he needed a certain material to do so. "So you want me to kill a dark elf and get the material from it right? Alright, sounds easy enough, thanks. Oh, and I don't want the armor, you can donate it to some homeless organization or something."

Edited by Ratatosk

"So I just go into the Forest of Wavering Mist, great." There were two signs in front of him, one pointing left that said certain death, and the other pointing right that said certain happiness. "This is a joke right? Don't tell me some asshole came here and put those signs up." He started to wonder which one was better, certain death, or certain happiness. "I'll go with certain death, that's probably where the dark elf is after all" After a while of walking on the trail of "certain death" he came across The Forest of Wavering Mists. "This is great! Now I can kill that elf, but where the heck is it?"

Right when Ratatosk caught a glimpse of something moving, he used the sword art Star Quint Prominence to kill it. "Kill it with fire!" After his blade was plunged through something, he went over to look at what he killed. "Dark elf... Boring monster name." He accepted the rewards screen then began to walk back to the signs, "Wait, Dark elf? That's the monster I need to kill! I got the material! Wow... That was surprisingly quick."

ID# 54594

Battle 9 (7+2, No Crit)

Ratatosk: 52/52 HP, 13/13 Energy

DMG: 1 (Base) + 3 (Skill) + 3 (Weapon) x 6 = 42

Dark Elf: -30/12 HP, 9 DMG, Dead

Edited by Ratatosk

"What do I do now? It'd be boring to end the quest this quickly, and I gotta do some hunting for today... How about I go searching for some materials? That'll be a good thing to do, I had to give that one guy some materials anyways, more wouldn't hurt." He use his blade to dig around in the dirt in search of materials, "Would be a nice time for Ventus to come out... Wait, no. I'm alone outside of a safezone, Ventus can't handle killing someone, that's why I need to take control. Hey look, a material!"

ID# 54595

Loot 16

+1 Material

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk soon got bored from all the material hunting so he sheathed his blade and went back to town. On the way he tried to look for a material, but only found a worthless rock. "Back to town I guess, maybe I can give that thing to the smith and go along with my business." There he was, he arrived at the blacksmith's shop and gave him the material, "Like I said, you can keep the armor or the material, just donate it to some homeless organization or a newbie." The blonde left the shop and stretched, "Now time to explore this floor, I need the map data anyways."

ID# 54596

Loot 10

Edited by Ratatosk

"Where the hell is the exit to this town? Oh, here it is." He walked out the exit of Delilah and looked at the plains below filled with dandelions. "Way too damn flowery. Alright, what should I try next? Probably going to explore the west side of here first, I heard the dungeon is on that side." He ran off to the west of Delilah, a whole bunch of dandelions were trampled when he ran. "This is awesome, I haven't seen something like this in a long time!" It reminded him of his old home in Kyoto, but then he moved to Tokyo with his dad after his parents divorced

He forgot all about his parents, the last thing he remembered was his dad is Japanese and his mom is French. "So that explains the blonde hair, this whole time I thought I was purely white." That was a stupid thing to think, his dad looked one hundred percent Japanese, and somehow he forgot that. "I still wonder where my body is though... Maybe my dad is right next to me in the real world, or my mom... I miss my mom..." His eyes turned green as his personality become vulnerable. "I miss everybody..."

Ventus looked around him and began to wonder, "Why is kindness not a weakness? I think it was something Ratatosk told me some other day, or was it the exact opposite... I don't know, I guess I should go on a little walk." The outskirts of Delilah was once a breeding ground for couples, but now it was nearly empty. "Everything seems so hopeless, but I know it's not! Maybe one day, we will all get out of here alive if we just work together!" Optimistic would be a word to describe Ventus, an alternate personality of Ratatosk, ignorant would be another one too.

Ventus stared off into the distance, "Delilah looks so beautiful, especially in the night." Fireflies gathered around the dandelions and perched themselves on the petals, he stared at them for a while before looking up at the sky again. "It's the night, yet it doesn't feel like I'm alone at all... somethings a bit fishy about this." The blonde turned around and saw a player, "Aghhh!" He fall over and landed on his back, the dandelions cushioned his blow. The stranger in front of him had his arms to his hips, "Well, who are you? You doing that quest too?"

The blonde got back up on his feet with the assistance of the stranger, "Yeah, I just finished that one. Do you need some help on it?" He shook his head, and equipped some of his best heavy armor, "Well no, I just finished it actually. I was wondering why you're out of the safezone at night, and also why you didn't want the armor. You know you could donate it yourself right?" Ventus turned his head to look at the moon, "Oh yeah, it is. Right, do you want to go with me to pick up my armor? I know a few people who might want it more than I do."

Ventus walked into the shop with the stranger, the blacksmith greeted them with a shake of his hammer, "What can I get for you boys? Not here to get back that armor are ya, blonde one?" The blonde nodded as the stranger patted him on the back, "Yup, this little guy here is a bit shy you see, wants to help others so he asked you to donate them. Anyways, could you please give them back to him? He knows a few people who might need it." The blacksmith nodded, "Alright then, here's your armor blonde one. You never really asked me what kind, so I just made you some heavy armor, should fit nicely on yer' shoulders lad."

+1 Heavy Hauberk Chestplate

Enhancements: Mit 1

Edited by Ratatosk

Ventus accepted the armor and put it away in his inventory, the stranger then left the shop with him and started talking. "My name's Ruben, what's yours?" He was surprised at Ruben's straightforward nature, "My name is Ventus." Both of them started a little conversation about food items in Aincrad. "Anyways, I gotta get going. It's getting pretty late and my wife will kill me if I don't come home, c'ya later Ventus!" Ruben seemed awfully friendly, and he had a wife? "Wait! Accept the friend request!" Ventus was chasing after Ruben, but wasn't able to catch up. "Damnit! I hope he accepts the friend request though."

Ratatosk picked up his blade and went to the outskirts of Delilah again, the dandelions smelled strong during the night. "Damnit, it's like I have a curse or something." FIreflies littered the skies, and through them he could see the stars. A strange feeling of calmness entered him, "A dark night, without artificial lights..." The countryside usually provided the most beautiful nights, there were almost little to no electric lights in his community so he experienced years of beautiful skies like this. "Seems calm, windless... No more worries, just a smiling heart..."

"How long will I live in here like this? It seems fun, but I have a weird feeling... It's like I'm trapped in a cage or something." Ventus stopped his stargazing and went back to Delilah, but then he saw a comet passing by. His eyes became watery, it reminded him of the time he had with his best friends in the real world. "I should stop thinking about that stuff, I'll only drag myself down if I think like that." The blonde's eyes underwent another transformation, green became red as his mood shifted. "What the? Eh, back to town now."

Ratatosk had his blade right to his side, he learned a great lesson after killing that Dark Elf. Never follow a road with a sign that says, "Certain Happiness." Because when he chose the "Certain Death" route, he ended up at his destination. "Those [censored] assholes probably did that to kill some players, damnit Akihiko, [censored] you!" His Anneal Blade, Imprisoned Darkness, all his col and materials. They were only there because of Akihiko, and he was only in this game because of Akihiko. "I need to beat this game quickly."

There was no hope for simply beating the game quickly, Sword Art Online would continue longer than most would expect it to. "It's already been a while ago... How long will it take us to beat it? It's been well over eight months now, and we're only on floor fifteen." Ratatosk was disappointed at the pace, although it was a pace, it was still slow. "At least we're not sitting on a couch and watching the front liners complete the game. Damn, it's going to take me a while to be like them!"

Ratatosk looked at his HUD checking his equipment to see if he was in top shape. "Got as much damage as possible, as well as armor. Just need some more accuracy and then I'm good to go." He put his HUD down and looked up into the sky. "It's almost like the sky is talking to me... Like it wants to escape." He looked closer and saw something in there. "The sky... It's starting to burn like fire." The sun could be seen rising slowly in the horizon, almost as if it just stayed there. That's when he remembered, "Rising Sun."

"Rising Sun, like that guild. The sun rises in... The west or east, I forgot. But it always rises, no matter how dark and miserable the night may be, the sun is always there to make things brighter." Ratatosk had another one of those "aha" moments. "That's right... No matter how dark anything may seem, there will always be a sun to make things brighter." A shining beam of optimism entered his mind, along with it was hope. "I know that we will beat this game, nothing is impossible!" His blade was fixed toward the sky now, sort of like he was making a pledge to do something.

Ratatosk got bored quickly, "Now that that's done, I should talk about something cool. Maybe I should join a guild, I can't be a solo player forever. At this point, there are no solo players on the front lines, but I can be the first. But that's crazy, I can only rely on myself to survive, there won't be anyone there to heal me. There will be nobody to remember how I died, or how I lived. Everything I've done would have been in vain because nobody knew." Pessimism arose once again, the shining ray of hope diminished into a black pit of anger.

Edited by Ratatosk

"Death is not a joke, once you're gone you're gone, and that's the end of your story. There's no point in staying alone, achievements aren't worth dying for. As a player, I should try my best to actually survive in this game, maybe join a guild if I can. I'll need to do as many quests and monster hunts as possible to get to a reasonable level for guilds to invite me. But the question is, which guild should I join? KoB looks pretty open, but I don't think they'll like my attitude. For now, I guess it's best to level up and stay solo until I see a guild worth my time." Ratatosk sat down on the ground and looked at the rising sun.