Hello, I'm new to the game, and was looking for a sparring partner in a thread to help teach me the rules behind the combat system, or the various kinds of systems that are implemented. I'm a big PvP fan, and so I'm sure I'll end up dueling someone at a certain point, so I'd love to get a feel for the system, or A SYSTEM for that matter. Any takers?

Well, while I myself am new, I'd actually be interested in trying to learn ti with you. I'm actually a fan of PvP rp as well and to be perfectly honest, I was looking at your RP in your Open Party thread and I would be lying if I said I wasn't impressed. So what do you think? Wanna try and do combat thread together, bro? :)

From what I gathered off the battle section of the guidebook, the combat system is a must which involves the battle dice at the top of each post.

The battle system follows a turn-based dice method. To use a skill, create a post with the skill's name and effect. YOU MAY NOT EDIT THIS POST. Once you see what number is rolled on that post, create an RP post accordingly. Once you have attempted one skill, it will be the next player's turn to use a skill.

» The dice roll's purpose is to activate a skill. Each skill has a different number requirement to activate.

Ex: Sword skill "Slash" requires a roll of 5 or higher to activate. If the player rolls 1~4, they must rp out a failed attack and it will then be the other player's turn to use a skill.

» You must keep track of your health at the bottom of each post.

» Players can only survive a certain number of hits.

But I myself am more of a fan of Play to Loose, so I take hits and such that should be taken and try my best to make it as even a fight as possible because god modding it really boring and overall lame. Besides, if it's a duel, there's no threat of death which makes winning or loosing arbitrary.

tl;dr - We can use either, but I'm more of a fan of not using the battle dice system. Unless we have to because rules.

Since it's a duel between us, and we both agreed on the terms, I vote we just stick to a standard roleplay between one another using traditional rules. I'm not a god-modder, I find it boring, and personally, I love screwing with my characters in fights. I enjoy story, so unless my character has some crazy significant advantage, I don't see why not. But we're going to need a reason to duel. Cinder is perfectly fine just jumping into a fight for kicks, so feel free to provoke him if you wish.

Since it's a duel between us, and we both agreed on the terms, I vote we just stick to a standard roleplay between one another using traditional rules. I'm not a god-modder, I find it boring, and personally, I love screwing with my characters in fights. I enjoy story, so unless my character has some crazy significant advantage, I don't see why not. But we're going to need a reason to duel. Cinder is perfectly fine just jumping into a fight for kicks, so feel free to provoke him if you wish.

Sounds good to me. My character is quite good at being annoying when she wants to be. I'm sure it won't take long. I'll make the thread if that's alright with you. :P