[SP-F1] - No way out

((Takes place after the big announcement))

After just hearing the big announcement from the game's creator in the courtyard at the Town of Beginings, Caspar was left in the court yard with the rest of the player of SAO. The looks of panic on their faces would be forever burned into his mind as their screams of terror echoed in his ears. Everyone seemed to be in a state of shock as he stood in place playing the game creator's words over and over again in his head. His avatar was no longer there, nothing felt there anymore, it was just him and the reflection of his "real" world face present for everyone to see now. As other players ran away from the court yard, some bumped into him as he continued to just stand there looking down at his hands. "...."

Looking back up at the world around him, the remaining light that was present in the world was starting to vanish. It would be night soon, and Caspar needed to find a safe place to stay for the night. He knew he was in a safe zone, but still, the comforts of a bed would be nice. Lifting his hand upwards in front of his body, Caspar swiped downward with his index finger as it pulled up his menu. Looking down at it, Caspar scrolled through his menu until he came across his floor map. After selecting it, Caspar watched as it popped up in a window in front of him. "...Alright, so I'm here. I need to find where the nearest INN is located so I can plan my next move."

Forcing himself to pull his attention away from his menu, Caspar looked around as he saw other players really freaking out. Some were on their knees holding their heads while they screamed loudly. Others had their eyes widened as they attempted to search financially through their game menu, looking for the log out button, thinking it was all just a big joke. Like some overdue April Fools joke. Turning his attention back to his map, Caspar then tried to locate an INN as his eyes searched around the map. Suddenly, he felt two hands grip both his shoulders hard as he felt his body be shaking forwards and backwards... 

Turning around as he narrowed his brows, Caspar saw a tall overweight player shake him frantically as he was starting to freak out severely. "WE'RE... WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! I KNOW IT!... WHAT THE HELL DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS!?" The man yelled at Caspar as his eyes were huge. Pushing the man off of him, Caspar then gritted his teeth as he got into a defensive stance in case the fatass came back for more. "Get the hell off me!... If you're going to cry find someone else. I'm outta here!" Caspar said as he then closed the game menu in front of him and walked away with a look of annoyance on his face. 

As Caspar made his way out of the courtyard, a female player slammed into the side of him as it knocked her down on the ground with a hard thud. "Aggh!... ooow!" She said in pain as she sat on the ground holding her hip. "... Damnit!" Caspar said out loud in annoyance as he brushed his left arm off. Shaking his head and exhaling loud, Caspar then put his hand outwards as he offered to help the girl up off the ground. Blinking, the girl starred at Caspar's hand. "...I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention!" She said as she reached for his hand. "Yeah, I know." Caspar replied. At this point he didn't care who he offended or what they thought of him. He was now trapped in the game, and for all he knew he would probably die in here... 

Pulling her up off the ground, Caspar then looked her up and down. She looked like she was going to be alright and to be honest, he didn't care either way. "Alright, see-ya." Caspar said as he then took off towards the INN in town. As his black boots hit the ground walking, the female player continued to stay in place as she watched him walk away from him. "H-Hey!.... excusuuuse me!" She cried out to him as he continued to walk away. "Heeeey! Wait up!" She cried again as Caspar ignored her some more. Then the black clothed man heard her fast approaching footsteps come towards him. 

Stopping in place, Caspar looked up into the sky as he mouthed the words: "Oh God." Running in front of him, the female player then looked up at him. "... I'm sorry, its just, I'm so scared and I don't know where to go or turn too. Can I join you for the night!?... Just until the morning?" She asked in a scared manner. Closing his eyes, Caspar was afraid of this, he did not want to babysit a young girl. "...Look, if its protection you want look elsewhere. If you don't want to be alone tonight, there is a group of girls your age right over there." Caspar said to her as he pointed at a group of young girls who were huddled in a circle next to a shop. 

".... I-I understand..." She said in a sad voice as she started to take the hint. Dropping her head, she then looked down at the ground as she slowly made her way over to the group of girls in a hesitant manner. Standing in place, Caspar watched with his expressionless face as the girl slowly made her way over to the group of five girls. He could tell she was nervous, scared, and most of all clueless on what to do. As the young girl finally made her way over to the group she then stood out side of the group as she waited for them to notice her. After several long seconds, one of the girls noticed her and said some words to her. Caspar couldn't hear exactly what was said, but the girl that slammed into him seemed to still be nervous. After a minute or so of conversation, Caspar then saw a menu pop up in front of the lonely girl for a party invite.

After seeing her accept the party invite, Caspar then placed his hands in his coat pockets as he then continued to make his way to the town INN. Finally alone again, Caspar was relieved. The truth was, in this type of situation he didn't really trust anyone else but himself currently. Maybe perhaps if this was still just a game, but now it was more than a game, this was now life or death. If you die in here, you die in the real world. He had to be careful, and he had to plan accordingly, he only hoped he could make it to the end. But for now, he needed to find a place to sleep for the night. Then in the morning wake up with a clear mind and plan his next move... 

Walking through the town streets, Caspar kept his eyes on the ground several feet in front of him as he walked. As he walked he passed what seemed to be newly formed guilds as he could hear them all discussing strategy. He didn't feel left out or anything, he felt perfectly fine for now. Besides, the way he saw it, there was no use in rushing through this game. They were all trapped in here. No one in here is capable of beating the game yet. No one. Everyone was beginner's so there was no use in rushing into things. He was going to take his sweet time for now. He wasn't going to do anything unless he was overly prepared. 

Walking through the streets, he finally arrived in front of the INN as he saw the illuminated sign above its front door. The INN at the Town of Beginnings had no one around the outside of it and it looked to be pretty busy as all the lights in were on through the windows. Hoping for he best, Caspar then started to walk up the steps to the INN as he could already hear a ton of people talking coming from the inside. Lifting his hand upwards, he then grasped the door handle as he then pulled it open. As he did the loud noises and talking that he had heard from the inside were louder than before as the front lobby was PACKED...

Barely walking into the INN, Caspar exhaled as he already knew they would have no more empty rooms. Which meant he would have to travel to the next town in order to get a good night's rest. Swimming through the packed crowd, Caspar eventually made his way to the front desk. Squeezing his way in between two other players, he then leaned forward onto the counter. Looking left and right, he could see other players complaining and wondering where or what they should do next. Some even mentioned just staying awake all night until day time so that travel was safer. 

"Hi there! Welcome! Can I help you?" The lady behind the counter asked Casper. "Yeah, by any chance do you have any rooms available?" Caspar asked, knowing the answer already. The lady behind the counter never broke her smile as she simply shook her head back and forth gently. "I'm sorry! But it seems all our rooms are taken currently. You are welcome to come back tomorrow night however!" She said. Nodding his head up and down slightly, Caspar then slowly made his way back out of the INN and back on the street as he figured out his next move... 

As he escaped the packed INN, the night sky loomed overhead as he tried to figure out his next move. The INN was packed, people were being denied there, and everyone around looked to be trying to join a party to survive. Not having any other choice, Caspar took a few steps forward before looking back a the INN. Right behind the INN was a large stone hill top that overlooked the majority of the town. Figuring it would probably be the next safest place to stay for the night, he went ahead and made his way up to the top. Just to spark his curiosity. 

Slowly making his way up the slanted hill that rested behind the Town of Beginings INN, Caspar took his time as he wasn't in a hurry at all. The hill was pretty steep but from what he could tell on the ground it was flat on top. Which would prove to be a good place to rest for the night. After several minutes of hoofing it up the steep hill, he then made it. On top of it, he could get a good view of the town of beginings just like he had hoped. Slowly crouching down, he then took his time sitting down on the lush soft grass as he exhaled. "This will be fine for tonight..." He thought to himself as he then looked up at the starry night sky above. 

After an hour or so of starring up at the stars, Caspar then laid down on the soft grass as he placed his hands behind his head. Using both his palms as pillows, Caspar then slowly closed his eyes as tried his best to drift into sleep. The sounds around him slowly diminished as all he could see were the backs of his eye lids. A small warm breeze went past his body as he felt it comforting. Not to mention the fact that he was much higher than the rest of the city that most sound was muffled and almost non existent. One good thing was that he was in a safe zone as well, so he could sleep without worry of being killed. 

The sounds of birds chirping quickly forced him awake as he opened his eyes suddenly. As the shadow's of the birds flew overhead he blinked slowly as he remembered he was still in the game. It was crazy to think about. After all, he never slept in game before, but when he did he seemed well rested as if he slept in the real world. Closing his eyes and stretching out his limbs, he then blinked a few more times as he attempted to get his [censored] together. While laying on the ground, he swiped his finger downward as he opened up his game menu. Looking at the time, it was time for him to get going... 

Slowly getting up off the ground, Caspar headed down the slope like hill as he knew it would take him some time to get down from there anyways. Once he finally got down to the surface, he looked around the street and saw that most the players had moved on. This was good news for him since he could now travel around the city with no one getting in his way. Looking around, he then decided to head back into the INN. If what he suspected was correct, then the INN would not be packed anymore and he could reserve a room for tonight no problem.. 

Walking into the INN, Caspar could tell that most the occupants from last night have left and moved on to the next town. Making his way up to the front counter, Caspar leaned forward against the counter as he attempted to try this again. "Hey, by any chance are there any free rooms I can use for tonight?" Caspar asked the tenant behind the counter. "Oh, hello there! And you're in luck we sure do have a room you can use! That'll be 50 col please!" The NPC said. As soon as she finished, a window popped up in front of Caspar as he then clicked on the accept button, paying for the room.

Edited by Caspar

With his room paid for, Caspar got the info on which floor and room it would be. Taking note of it, he then thanked the NPC behind the counter as he made his way out the door and back into the Town of Beginings. Walking out the door, he knew he had to get started on getting some money so he could get some good gear. Looking around for any shop in sight, he wanted to get a ball park estimate on just how much col he needed to earn to buy the things he felt he needed to survive. Weapons, armor, crystals, and not to mention skills... 

Edited by Caspar