[PP-F1] Searching for the Beast! <<Feeding The Enemy>>

Ronin kicked his steel toed boot against the dirt.  He was hangin' out front of his little shanty shop, killin' time while he waited for Caspar and Jambi to show up.  He sighed and closed his eyes, feeling tired.  When was the last time he had eaten anything?  He didn't know, but it had been too damn long, that much he was certain of.  He pulled a piece of bread out of his inventory and took a bite outta' it, chewing it reluctantly.  It was bland and plain and he longed for something a little more, flavorful.  It was times like this that he wished he had gone for the Cook profession or something.  Blacksmithing was cool and all, but he was hungry as [censored].  Maybe he could travel back into the forest and find some kinda' creature to eat?  What was that one quest again?

Walking up to Ronin, Caspar had arrived and was ready to tackle the day. As he approached Ronin he saw the fellow swordsman eating a piece of bread, almost as if he wasn't satisfied with it. After giving it some thought, he hadn't had anything really different to eat than bread himself. As soon as the thought entered his head, his stomach quickly growled as he also seemed to be very hungry. Lifting his hand up towards his head, he then scratched his cheek as he tilted his head. "Hey, don't you still have that hot dog in your pocket from that familiar quest we did yesterday?" Caspar asked. 

Rae had mentioned to Jambi earlier that day to meet him and Caspar outside of his blacksmith shop today. She was excited to meet up with her buds again. Their last adventure, fighting the Dark Elf, had been loads of fun even though Caspar hadn't really helped out at all. "I wish Caspar would've at least taken some cool pictures of the battle but I guess he did try his hardest to help me and Rae." Jambi spoke aloud on her way to Rae's shop. "GRRRR" her stomach moaned. "Good thing I picked up this glazed donut this morning!" She said as she began to take her first bite. The bakery she had purchased this from was a small hole in the wall place but the donuts were the best Jambi had tasted period, real world or virtual world.

She arrived to see Rae and Caspar standing out front of the shop. She devoured the last bite of donut which honestly should've taken her two bites as she approached them. "Hi guys!" She said with a mouthful of delicious donut.

"...Hotdog..." repeated the swordsman, thinking back to other night when he and Caspar had gone off into the forest searching for a creature.  He pursed his lips in wonder and began rifling through his pockets, hoping to find the hotdog.  Coming up empty handed, he simply shrugged and lit up a cigarette, knowing it was his best defense against hunger.  Smoking always worked wonders to quell your appetite and Ronin was no stranger to this fact.  Perhaps the hotdog had fallen out during their battle against the Dark Elf the night before... you know, the fight where Caspar hadn't done a single point of damage against their enemy...  Not one, single, point...

Puffing away at his smoke, he turned his attention away from Caspar as he spotted someone approaching.  "...The hell?" he grumbled, sniffing the air and immediately smelling some kind of pastry.  One of Ronin's favorite foods in the world was donuts and he wouldn't mistake that scent anywhere. 

"...Tell me you brought some more," he said to Jambi as the girl came strolling up.

As Caspar stood in place, he heard the unique sounds of Jambi approaching, maybe it was the skates she wore. As Jambi approached them and said hello with her mouthful of food, Caspar nodded hello as he looked at her. Noticing her new familar, Caspar then had an idea. Leaning up against the shack, Caspar then folded his arms across his chest. "Speaking of food, what do you guys say we kill some time and earn some extra col by trying to get another familiar." He suggested. He wouldn't mind trying again, and besides he saw the benefits in having one... if they could pull off. Sometimes Caspar wondered if they were playing SAO or a bad luck game of dice...

"Nope! That was my last donut but maybe if you're nice I'll take you too the spot where I got it from later!" Jambi replied to Rae with a wink. "Caspar meet Japhy! He is one lazy SOB but isn't he the cutest. I swear he just lays on my shoulders almost all day. You guys both need to befriend a Familiar! It'll be the best thing you achieve in SAO! and Caspar... if you roll high enough your familiar can help you during battle...." Jambi turned her attention towards Japhy, giving a him a little scratch behind his ears. She would let the boys figure out what they wanted to do and she would just follow along for the thrill of it. Jambi was usually off in never never land anyway so she didn't know how much help she actually lended the two. She didn't care too much to accomplish fancy quests like they did, she just liked to wander around and have fun.

Edited by Jambi

"Hmmm" hummed the swordsman, considering Jambi's proposal.  His wife was a little sneaky one and he had to keep a close eye on her.  Especially here, in this virtual world... where she had truly crossed that line of sanity and was more mad than ever.  He took another drag at his ciggy and blew a stream of noxious tobacco smoke toward the girl's new pet kitty.  Ronin had been the one to find the beast in the first place, but he was definitely glad it had taken a shining to Jambi instead of him.  He barely had the energy lately to carry himself upright, let alone carry a small creature up on his shoulders all day long. 

Turning his attention back to Caspar, Ronin gave him a nod.  "Yeah man... sounds like a plan... let's head back to that forest.  You remember how ta' get there?"

Looking the cat like creature over, Caspar wondered why other types of species where out there for the taking when it came to familiars. It seemed Jambi and Japhy enjoyed each others company, so hopefully the next familiar they get, if they get one, will be just as obedient. After hearing Ronin's question, Caspar then let one arm escape from his chest that he had crossed against his chest. "Yeah, we just head that way... Although, we have been in that forest a lot lately. I say we switch it up and check out that giant lake area that is around here with the waterfall. They have to drink sometime." Caspar replied as he pointed north east of their current position. Getting up off the shack, Caspar then started to head for the forest before he stopped in his tracks. "Wait... we don't have to go to that booth again to accept the mission do we?" He asked. 

Edited by Caspar

"Right on, that sounds like a good idea," Ronin replied when hearing Caspar's idea about the lake.  A lake sounded much nicer than that misty old forest and he was actually looking forward to perhaps kicking his weathered old boots off and sticking his toes in the water.  Hopefully they would find one of these creatures lurking around there trying to get a drink.  Then his comrade with the scarred face dropped a bombshell that made Ronin choke on his cigarette smoke.  "Oh shiiiit.. I didn't even thinka' that!" blurted the blacksmith.  "...Well I sure as hell ain't goin' back there... Maybe we can just access the quest from our menu and accept it without having to deal with that crazy gypsy woman again?"  Ronin wasn't sure how it all worked, but the last thing he wanted was to go encounter that freak again. 

"Look, you two figure it out," I'm gunna' run back inside my shop real quick and grab some [censored] for this little adventure.  I'll be back in a few..."  With that, Ronin turned and dipped in through the doorway of his little shanty, a trail of tobacco smoke dancing in his wake.

"Well I don't think we really have much to figure out because there is our friend coming down the street towards us right now. She could probably sense your desire to find a creature friend." Jambi said to Caspar as she waved a big wave to the gypsy NPC. The lady walked with a hunch and a cane and moved prettttty slow. Jambi was excited to introduce Japhy to her. She was the one to thank for Jambi's new familiar. "Hi there!!! Thanks so much for your help the other day, this is Japhy! Me and Rae found him in the forest after we talked to you in the restaurant. Isn't he just the sweetest!" Jambi called out to the lady who was now within hearing range. "Ahhh yes, Japhy, I knew he would be drawn to you dear one. What a perfect match, one that is destined to last a lifetime. Ahhhh. And you.." The gypsy later directed her attention to Caspar. "Ahh yes it is you the one who called for me. You have the ability to tame a beast but you,  yes you, must go with pure intentions. You will not meet a creature friend with selfish interests in your heart. If you want a genuine companion, you dear one, will tame a loyal beast. Ahhhh yess."  The gypsy said to Caspar while reaching her hand out towards his chest as if she were trying to read what was in his heart. Then she turned and began to hobble off down the street.

As the gypsy lady spoke to Caspar he stood in place as he watched her extend her hand out towards his chest. With his arms still folded across it, he held his expresssionless face as he listened to her talk about him needing a pure heart. Not saying a word, Caspar let the old woman be as she finished her speech and slowly hobbled away from him. As she did, a window popped up in front of Caspar's face suddenly allowing him to accept the quest. Freeing one hand from his chest, he then hovered over the accept button briefly before accepting it. 

*Click*

"Alright Ronin, we're all set here. Les go." Caspar yelled from outside Ronin's shop. 

Ronin perked his head up when he heard his name being called from outside.  "[censored]..." he said under his breath, sweating profusely as he sat upon the toilet seat in the back room of his little shanty.  "Urrrggghhh" he grunted, trying to fire out the last log that was holed up tighter than a prairie dog inside its hole on ground hog day.  "Urk, ugh.. [censored]..." he cursed, moaning and grumbling up a storm.  Beads of sweat ran and dripped down his face and he fanned himself with his gloved hand.  "Damnit... my ass," he sighed heavily, feeling the pressure to finish up his big ole' dump and get back out there to join the others.  Had they already gone to see the old gypsy woman?  Were they back already?  "HHRRRRMMMM... SPLLOOOOSSSSHH! ... aaaAAahhhhhh," he moaned as the last torpedo was finally fired from the submarine and sank the porcelain battleship.  "Oh god damn, ...think I tore my sphincter starfish." 

Once the damage had been done, Ronin finally lifted his head, inhaling deeply through his mouth and looking toward the shelf where he kept his toilet paper roll.  "..." His eyes grew wide and a look of pure desperation and distress fell over his face like a shade.  He was all out, of the precious ass paper.  Looking around the small broom closet sized room, his eyes frantically searched for something, anything else he could use.  "Sonofa'..." he sighed, seeing nothing at all that could aid him in his time of need.  Looking down at the glove on his right hand, he shook his head and closed his eyes, knowing what he had to do.  "Sorry old buddy," he apologized to his glove, peeling it off.

Several moments and a half can of febreeze later, Ronin finally emerged from the bathroom and stepped rather bow leggedly through his shop.  As he reached the doorway, he paused for a moment, taking a deep breath and doing his best to hide the horror that had just taken place in that tiny little broom closet.   Hopefully they wouldn't think too much into the fact that he was only wearing one glove now.  "Oh... hey guys... we uhh.. we ready?" he said, his voice wavering and his eyes rather sheepish as he stole quick glances at either of his comrades.  He hoped they wouldn't have too far to travel, because he knew the burning sensation in his nether regions wouldn't be subsiding any time soon...

"Whooooowheeeeee!" Jambi shrieked glancing at Caspar through teary eyes to see if he could smell the rankness too. The pungent odor in the air had woken Japhy from her slumber. She hissed and jumped off Jambi's shoulders and took off down the street. "Man, hopefully she'll come back soon too join us on our hunt, I am sure she could be of help. If he doesn't get out here in a minute I might just meet you guys at the falls because I can't take this torture much longer." Jambi said right before she heard Rae making his way back to the group. He walked outside looking all sweaty and browbeaten. "Took long enough, I figured you were either jerkin your gherkin or taking a [censored] and due to the smell in the air I think we all know what just happened. It smells like a skunk ate rotten eggs then died and you ate the dead skunk, [censored] it out, then ate your [censored] and then just [censored] that out. I love you but damn dude you should probably be more careful with what you eat. You even scared off poor Japhy. Let's make like a baby and get the hell out of here. TO THE FALLS! And one more thing, do us all a favor Rae and give us a warning next time. All the febreeze in the world couldn't cover that stench up." Jambi rattled off as she began her way to the lake.

Standing outside the shanty like shack Caspar waited on his friend after he called for him, notifying him they were good to go. "...Jesus, that the hell is taking him so-" Caspar started to say before he was cut off by the sudden horrid smell of [censored] in the air. Jerking his head to the side and walking away, Caspar was FORCED to take a few steps away from the shack. After watching Japhy hiss and scurry off down the street, Caspar then had the same intentions as he looked in the direction of the falls, wondering if he could make it there by himself safely. "... Dude, it smells like you shat in a baby diaper, then took a jar of month old aunt flow and mixed it together, RIGHT after you collected sweat off a three hundred pound fat ass and mixed it together like a Texas Chili Bowl. ONLY to then put it in a microwave on high for 30 seconds, pull it out, place it on a hot skillet then turned the heat off after it dehumidified itself, cut it open and let the stench pour out. THAT is what came outta yer ass." Caspar said as he then saw his friend emerge from his shack. "Yeah, we're good to go now, are you?" Caspar said as he then waved the air and headed for the falls, not because he was eager to get going, but because he could hear other players asking why it smelled like big foots dick around here... 

As they finally reached the lake, the swordsman paused, taking a long, deep breath and closing his eyes.  "Mmm... that air is fuckin' fresh," he aid, more moaning than speaking.  His eyelids fluttered slightly and his nostrils flared as he stood motionless, planting his hands on his hips and taking heaping gulps of the delicious oxygen.  [censored], every once in a great while even he liked to breathe the air without a cigarette perched on his lip. 

Ronin had done his best to ignore all the jabs being thrown at him earlier, upon emerging from his little shop.  In all honesty, his ass was burning way too hot to really pay any mind to anything his so called friends were saying anyway.  He had done his best to simply breathe and try and focus his mind on anything else.  Anything, but the fire down below. 

The walk had been pretty rough going at first, but now that they had made it, he admittedly felt a lot better.  The burning had subsided quite a bit and he knew any lingering discomfort could probably be quelled by dipping his butt into that cool lake water.  Resisting the urge... for now, Ronin kept his eyes peeled for any creatures in the immediate area that might make a good little friend for Caspar.  After all, that's what they had come all the way out here for, right?

It was then, that Ronin suddenly remembered one crucial detail they had forgotten about and he clenched his now-gloveless hand in frustration.  "Damnit!  I knew we fuckin' forgot somethin'..." he steamed, turning and shooting a glance back toward the others.  "We forgot to grab some fuckin' food to try and lure the beast out!  [censored]... maybe if you two hadn't been so interested in my little visit to the water closet..." he spat, beginning to pace back and forth.  "...I thought you two were gunna' handle the bit with the old gypsy and the food item?  [censored], now what are we supposed to do?  I guess one of us will have to head back to town and buy something... either that or..." he paused, turning and looking toward the lake.  "[censored]... maybe we can just catch a fish?  I'm sure there's some creature out here who'd definitely be lured in by summa' that action...  whadda' you guys think?" 

ID: 55298 LD: 3+2=5 :'(

Edited by Ronin

"Jeeeeez Rae, no need to get all worked up. Why don't you take a walk and pick up some food, go chill out for a little. We can search for the beast later. As for me, I am going for a swim! No need to waste such a beautiful day!" Jambi said as she stripped off all of her clothing and dove into the water. "This virtual water feels just as good if not better than the beaches back home! How is this possible!" She cheered as she swam around. Jambi closed her eyes and floated on her back trying to block out everything other than her bare body on the lake and how erotic it felt where the two collided. 

Jambi then headed towards where the falls met the still lake water. "It feels like a fuckin jacuzzi over here! Come in Caspar! And you too Rae if you decide you want to lighten up a little. Maybe you can catch a helpless, innocent fish too in here if you so desire." Jambi hated any cruelty towards animals.

Edited by Jambi

After hearing Ronin's rant about not getting food, he did have a point. "He's right, we did forget to get some food, but then again we do have a good supply of all the food we need right here in this pond." Caspar said as he looked down at the glistening lake. "The only problem is, I don't think any of us have a fishing skill, so I guess we'll have to do it the old fashion way." Caspar added as he cupped his chin in thought. At that point, Jambi had already unequipped all her clothing as she jumped into the warm waters of the lake and casually played around on the water's surface. "Well, it looks like she has the right idea." Caspar said as he looked over to Ronin. "I'm down to try and fish, but I'm not getting my hopes up either..." He said. 

Ronin let out a heavy sigh.  The girl was right... He pursed his lips, looking from the naked female swimming around in the lake, to his comrade with the scar on his face.  "Yeah... I guess we outta' just enjoy ourselves, like she said."  With that, Ronin began marching off down the trail a ways.  While it might've appeared like he was simply going to leave the lake and wander off to cool down like Jambi had suggested, the swordsman chain smoker actually had another plan in mind.  As he followed the trail around the lake's edge and uphill, he finally came to the spot he had been eyeballing from down below.  Unequipping his gear and clothing, he licked his lips, got a running start and then lunged hard and far out over the top of cliff's edge, right beside the waterfall. 

"JERONIMO!!!!!!!!" he cried out as he went sailing through the air and plummeted down into the lake far below.   Thankfully, there was no pain in this virtual death game, otherwise the fall might very well kill him, or at the very least dislocate one of his testicles.  Knowing he was in the clear, Ronin simply enjoyed the free fall, spreading his arms wide and pretending to be a soaring bird for a moment, until he belly flopped right into the lake.

SMACK!!!!

"Thats more like it!" Jambi exclaimed seeing Rae take a leap of the cliff into the water. "Alright Caspar, you're the only one left. Come on in!" She said directing her attention to the odd one out. Then Jambi took a deep breath in as she dove under the water. She swam underneath the surface for as long as she could letting the water clean off all the grim she had accumulated from her earlier forest adventures. She couldn't remember the last time she had taken a shower. Deciding it was her turn to jump off the cliff, she climbed out of the water and began to run up the trail Rae had earlier. She stood at the edge for only a split second before back flipping off. "YEEEEEHAWWWWW!"

SSSPLLASHHHHHH

After slapping the surface of the water, Ronin didn't emerge from the liquid for a good long while.  It might've seemed that the cliff drop belly flop took a little more outta' him than he had imagined it would.  Either that, or he was trying to play a little prank on Jambi.  Perhaps he was swimming somewhere beneath the surface, sneaking up on the girl and hoping to launch some sorta' surprise attack on her.  If you listened closely enough, you might even be able to hear some kinda' Jaws music playing as a humanoid shark swam in the depths, stalking his prey...

As he spotted a pair of naked legs up ahead, he grinned, knowing he would soon grab hold of the girl and scare the crap outta' her.