[PP-F2] White Pony <<Breaking The Unbreakable>>

ID: 55425
BD: 9 (6 + 3(ACC))

"Yikes," Takao muttered as Ronin slipped during his charge for the rock. While it was unfortunate and indeed a little humourous, Takao had seen it happen plenty of times before. The rock was suspiciously elusive at times, and more often than not inspired the players that dared to strike it to fumble instead. Thankfully, Takao had circumvented the boulder's shady dealings with a bit of accuracy, which seemed to do wonders in helping to keep his strikes true. "Don't worry 'bout it too much, guys." He said as he pulled his arm back and struck with his left, inflicting another heavy blow to the sedentary sediment. A second crack formed as the boulder dropped below half of its health. "This thing is cursed or somethin'. I've seen so many people slip up around it for some reason."

HP
Takao: 213/213
   Energy: 51/52 (+1/-1)

Boulder: 18/50 (1(Base) + 1(Athletics) + 2(Unarmed Weapon) + 2(Martial Arts) + 6(DMG Crystal) = -12)

Ronin grumbled and cursed under his breath, despite Takao's insistence that they shouldn't worry too much about it.  He sighed, his exhalation impacting the dirt right below his face and causing it to plume back up in his eyes.  He squinted and ground his teeth together in annoyance.  "Mother fucker!" he cried out, pushing himself violently back to his feet and charging toward the giant rock partially blinded.  He promised himself he wouldn't miss this time and as he raced straight toward the boulder, he thrust a powerful jab forth, knowing this damn rock was going to explode into a thousand pieces once his knuckles met its surface!

Unfortunately... the hot headed chain smoker had been seeing double and had picked the wrong rock out of the pair in his dusty vision.  He launched his jab, but it met with nothing but air and actually tore at his deltoid and pectoral muscles a bit.  "Argh!" he cringed, wiffing on his attempted attack and wondering where the hell he had gone wrong.  "Hey!  Who moved the damn rock!?"

ID# 55457 results:

Battle: 4

Big Ass Rock: 18/50

Edited by Ronin

Nikodemus watched as Ronin wound up and swung at air. Tilting his head to the side slightly, a smile twitched at the corners of his mouth. When Ronin asked who moved the rock, Nikodemus just pointed at the rock standing just beside Ronin and giggled a bit. Composing himself, he got into a ready stance and swung as hard as he could at the rock. Once more, his hand slid harmlessly past it. With a grumble of annoyance, Nikodemus stood straight and stepped back from the rock. "I am beggining to not like this rock at all..."

ID# 55548 results:

Battle: 2

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

BD: 6 (2 + 3(ACC) + 1(Concentration))

A deep chuckle rumbled in Takao's chest as he listened to Ronin's frustrations, knowing fully well where they might've been coming from. He'd done the quest himself so long ago that it felt like years, yet he still remembered how each fumble felt like a personal blow that challenged his competence. Takao was also a bit odd in that regard, however, since he had honestly felt like he was being challenged by an inanimate object. Yet, for better or for worse, the rock had been destroyed, just as this one would be in due time.

"Welcome to the club." Takao said in response to Nikodemus as he whiffed another blow. "Y'know, the system has built in accuracy and evasion parameters, so it's not entirely your fault if you miss. More often than not it's just a bad roll'a the dice, if y'catch my cold." He continued, hoping to offer them a little solace with his words as he connected another powerful strike to the surface of the boulder, resulting in a third large crack. 

HP

Boulder: 6/50 (1(Base) + 1(Athletics) + 2(Unarmed Weapon) + 2(Martial Arts) + 6(DMG Crystal) = -12)

As the swordsman paused and took a deep breath, he decided it'd do him a lot more justice to perhaps pay attention, see how this Taco man was doing it and attempt to learn a thing or two.  "Damn man... how is it yer able to do so much damage to this thing? ...and without a weapon?!" he marveled, shooting a quick glance toward the rock's HP bar as Takao's fist met stone once again and the boulder shuddered from the impact.  Ronin could practically hear the oversized rock crying out in frustration, as though it was doing everything in its power now to try and hold together, despite all the cracks now threatening its integrity.

Feeling inspired by the Taco-man's continued badassery, Ronin pursed his lips and a great big drop of determination fell into the brilliant bluish pools of his eyes.  "That's it, no more messin' around!" he shouted out, wanting everyone in the area to know he was going to give it his all and finally show this rock his real and true strength!  "ERRRM-PAAAAA!!!!" he shouted, racing up and delivering a savage punch to the towering stone. 

Even after his fist had landed and the single point of HP had been deducted from the rock's health bar, Ronin stood motionless, as though the stone had some built in paralysis enhancement which had frozen him up upon contact.  He remained completely still, his eyes unblinking and his mind focused on one thought and one thought alone.  After a long moment, his lips ever so slowly began to turn upward at the corners until a smile had crept its way across his entire face and was stretching ear to ear. 

"I... I hit it..." he whispered, almost so softly that it was as if only a breath and given in such a way that it might seem to be more of a question than a statement.  "I HIT IT!!!!!!!!"  He suddenly boomed, his voice's volume soaring to new heights and his rock-punching fist following right after.  "YEAAAAHHHHH!  DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT?!?!! WOOOOOOOO  WOOO WOO WOOOOO YEAAAHHH!!!!"  For the next several moments, Ronin proceeded to fist pump and flail, marching, skipping, hopping and dancing his way around the rock in a more than triumphant fashion.  Nevermind the fact that they were at the top of a mountain; Ronin felt on top of the world!  He hoped his fellow party members would be proud.

ID# 55635 results:

Battle: 8

= -1 HP rock

Big Ass Rock: 5/50

Edited by Ronin

Seeing Takao and Ronin hit it and whittle the rocks HP to 5, Nikodemus shrugged his shoulders and decided to give it one last shot. Winding up, Nikodemus swung in as hard as he could. Coming in with a good swing, Nikodemus became sickened as he watched his foot slip slightly to the left and throw him off balance. Knowing he would end up on his back end in the dirt, Nikodemus yelped and flailed his arms about trying to catch himself. Failing this, he ended up slamming into the ground onto his back and rolled a couple feet before stopping. With a mild curse, Nikodemus stood up and brushed himself off. "This rock is officially Satan... Someone kill it with holy fire."

55713 results:

Battle: 3

Craft: 7

Loot: 11

MOB: 6

Big ass rock: 5/50

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

BD: 13 (10 + 3(ACC))

"Some ranks into martial arts, unarmed damage enhancement on my wraps 'ere, aaaand a pretty ballin' damage increase consumable. In a nutshell." Takao responded as he eyed the boulder. Three massive cracks segmented the large rock, threatening to fall apart at the next sign of significant damage. Pulling his clenched hand back for one last punch, Takao rooted his stance and swung his right arm forward. The cloth-clad fist smashed into the boulder, dealing the last of the damage the boulder had and reducing it to pebbles. The pieces of stone split apart and fell to the ground, turning from formidable stone to rubble and debris. "Alright then, that's that."

HP

Boulder: 0/50 (1(Base) + 1(Athletics) + 2(Unarmed Weapon) + 2(Martial Arts) + 6(DMG Crystal) + 2(Critical) = -14)

The NPC had stepped outta' his little hut just in time to watch the Taco-man deliver his last punch.  As the boulder shattered and showered the ground in pebbles, his eyes lit up like a christmas tree.  "WHOA  Well I'll say!  That is one of the more impressive hits I've seen on this here boulder.. and believe you me, I've seen a lot!" he commented, looking toward Takao.  He then shot glances toward the other two and more noticeably Ronin.  "Ah, well then, I suppose It's only fair that I remove those whiskers from 'yer face now, since you and your friends here did destroy the rock.  Unless of course... you'd like to keep 'em?" he offered, chuckling a big to himself. 

Ronin stood quietly, glad that Takao had been along for the ride and made short work of the big ass rock.  "Nice job man... and you too Niko, I really appreciate the help."  The smoker then sparked up a long awaited cancer stick and did his best to remain patient as the NPC removed the whiskers from his face.  This little quest had been a bit more interesting than the blacksmith could've imagined.  He knew that the Taco-man was mostly to praise for his what, three freakin' hits on the rock?!  Had it been up to Ronin to do this one by himself, he would've surely been atop this damn mountain for weeks. 

Summary

Ronin: +2 SP, +133 Col, +<<Martial Arts>> Extra skill

Nikodemus: +2 SP, +133 Col (first time through?)

Takao: +1 SP, +133 Col (not first time through?)

(Please let me know if these rewards are correct!)

Quest Complete!