[F2-PP] Training The Body <<Breaking The Unbreakable>> (Takao)

Ratatosk had a surprised expression his face, "Fifty five? I'd die in two hits from that! Oh, and do you know how much health these bosses have? I'm a bit new with the dungeon things, I've been grinding myself up with quests and mob hunting." Takao sliced through the antlions as if they were tomatoes, "Damn! What sword art is that?" Even though he had his sword out, he wasn't fighting cause he'd die (Duh). "I guess I should stop asking these questions, maybe we should talk about where we left off, when you helped me kill the Avalanche and get me started off. I'm stronger now, and I can protect my friends, thanks Takao."

ID: 56386
BD: 2 + 3(ACC) + 1(Concentration)
LD: 17 + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+8 Materials , +5600 Col)

Takao: 217/217 (28/53)
Sword Art: «Lightning Fall» (13(Base) + 5(Charge) + 6(Alcoholic) + 1(Critical) = 25 * 7(SA) = 175 DMG)

Antlion 5 0/140 (Mit. 35) [175-35=140 DMG]
Antlion 6 0/140 (Mit. 35) [175-35=140 DMG]
Antlion 7 0/140 (Mit. 35) [175-35=140 DMG]
Antlion 8 0/140 (Mit. 35) [175-35=140 DMG]

7/15 Remaining

"That one was called Sharp Nail. It's the second highest AoE sword art that the one handed straight sword skill has. It isn't really that good in comparison though." Takao said, smirking slightly at the line of questioning he'd been given. There was once a time when he had been just as curious, ready to try out every aspect of Sword Art Online and progress as quickly as he could. The latter was still true as well. "The boss itself should have 'bout... Three hundred fifty health? I should be able to take it out in two hits, so there's nothin' to worry about." He responded. At the mention of Ratatosk protecting his friends, a frown grew on Takao's face. "Yeah, sure. No problem." He said simply.

Total Rewards:
16 Materials
10160 Col

Edited by Takao

"Sharp nail... Yup, I have that." There wasn't much to talk about in the dungeon, it was much like a grind to him. Wake up in the morning, grab your sword, and walk to a hunting field and fight monsters to level up. "Has this game ever felt like... A grind to you? There's really not much to it... There's a couple of drama here and there, but are we really living life in here?" That last thing he said left a hole in his heart, and a few more thoughts to think about. "Maybe it's just me, but i know there are some people who feel more alive here than in the real world."

ID: 56517
BD: 6 + 3(ACC)
LD: 15 + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+4 Materials , +2300 Col)

Takao: 217/217 (17/53)
Sword Art: «Sharp Nail» (13(Base) + 5(Charge) + 6(Alcoholic) = 24 * 6(SA) = 144 DMG)

Antlion 9 0/114 (Mit. 28) [144-28=116 DMG]
Antlion 10 0/114 (Mit. 28) [144-28=116 DMG]
Antlion 11 0/114 (Mit. 28) [144-28=116 DMG]
Antlion 12 0/114 (Mit. 28) [144-28=116 DMG]

3/15 Remaining

"You're serious?" Takao said, glancing over his shoulder and quirking an eyebrow upward to Ratatosk. "As I monotonously cut down cookie-cutter monsters in groups of four, you're askin' me if I feel like this is a grind?" His tone had shifted to a more jovial cadence, clearly entertained by the notion. He chuckled lightly and shook his head, then turned forward. "'course I feel like it's a grind. I get up at the same time every mornin', go to the same spot to kill the same monsters for hours, then go to sleep and repeat. But those are just the cards we've been dealt, y'know? I don't like it, but I'll keep doin' it if it means we keep goin' up." He said, finishing just in time to engage another group of four monsters in the same manner he had done before, employing a combination of grapples and cuts to annihilate the small gathering.

Total Rewards:
20 Materials
12460 Col

Edited by Takao

"Right, as soon as we beat that last floor, we'll all be out of here." As each floor was completed, he felt a growing emptiness inside him, what awaited the players at that final floor, and how many people would have to die to reach that place? "But... That seems like it's going to take a while." The blonde kept watching Takao destroy wave after wave of monsters, his level and strength were all the result of grinding, the same thing everyone else did. But one of his questions remained unanswered, what did he grind on to get to that level?

ID: 56528
BD: 7 + 3(ACC)
LD: 7 + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+4 Materials , +2700 Col)

Takao: 217/217 (4/53)
Sword Art: «Lightning Fall» (13(Base) + 5(Charge) + 6(Alcoholic) = 24 * 7(SA) = 168 DMG)

Antlion 13 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Antlion 14 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Antlion 15 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Antlion 16 0/134 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]

0/15 Remaining

Takao's expression dulled as the last four monsters clambered into sight. Vigilant jade eyes watched them draw closer whilst his sword arm poised his Inundator to ready a sword art. As each of the small group entered his range, Takao swung the blade down and slammed it into the ground. A wave of electricity fired from his sword, frying the last four insectoids that obstructed their way forward. He pulled his sword from the sandstone and swung the flat onto his shoulder, then resumed walking forward. "Yeah, it'll probably take us a while... but we'll do it." He said simply.

Only a short few steps later and the duo would come upon the door to the boss room. Takao turned on his heel and dropped down onto his bottom, resting his sword across his chest. "We'll rest up here for a minute. I need t'catch my breath before take on the big one."

Total Rewards:
24 Materials
15160 Col

Edited by Takao

Ratatosk prepared his sword for the boss, just because he was a low level didn't mean he couldn't land a hit. "I could probably land a hit, but that won't really do much." He noticed Takao sat down to rest, and did the same even though he did nothing. "One big door... Doesn't it remind you a bit of the floor bosses..." Back when the game first started, he wanted to participate in the first floor boss raid, but he was too weak to be put into any party. Level one was his status back then, and it plain and simply sucked.

"Up to you," Takao said as he reclined against the coarse sandstone wall. His head rolled back slightly and rested on his shoulder, jade eyes glancing sidelong at the doors as they were mentioned. "You can give it a shot, but you'll run the risk of gettin' hit yourself. It'll be goin' down in 'bout two hits either way." He continued, his head moving back to facing forward. This process was a routine for him by now, what had once been an interesting and daring adventure into the unknown was now a process. Find the location, slay the minions, rest, slay the big one. He loathed repetition, no matter how frequently he endured it. "Shame they don't drop stuff like the floor bosses do. I could've given Dom a run for his money by now," Takao chuckled dryly and dismisses the thought.

Ratatosk smiled at the mention of uniques, "That would be great, but too bad they don't, [censored]." That name was from someone he knew, a little while back he met a guy with a name like that. "Oh yeah! I know that guy, brown haired PK'er right? He's pretty cool." But then he remembered something, anyone in this game could die. It wasn't really that different from the real world, just that there were levels. As the game kept progressing, there was something in his heart that he couldn't comprehend. What was it? Sadness, anger, grief, longing?

• 2 weeks later...

"Hah, yeah... 'spose that's one word you could use to describe Dom." Takao said, smiling faintly. His memories of the berserker weren't necessarily unpleasant ones, yet they weren't memories he cared to recall on fondly either. They had tackled a rather difficult quest boss at the time, and Takao had even saved his life in some capacity. He never did get compensation for all those health crystals, yet Takao hardly cared for them now. Glancing upward toward his own health gauge, Takao noted the sensation of his energy slowly returning, and related the feeling to a gauge being refilled. Odd, yet certainly not irksome in the slightest. "It is too bad, but... I feel like the bosses would probably just get harder to compensate. Maybe even the floor bosses too. At that rate, I'd rather they stay as they are, really."

"Oh yeah, the floor bosses... I've noticed that there are always at least a few casualties every ten floors... And uhh... It's a bit ridiculous that people are actually killing each other, we're all in the same situation y'know?" Ratatosk sounded a bit idealistic, but Aincrad still needed a pillow to soften its intense mentally damaging strike. "So how long are you going to go solo? I mean, there's no way anyone can go through this entire game solo, right? Ah, what am I saying, it is possible, just really hard." He let out a puff of air and lied down with his hands on his head.

"Every ten floors?" Takao asked, an eyebrow raised. They had only unlocked the fifteenth floor as of recent, which he didn't think provided enough baseline data for such a statement. Still, he couldn't argue with the undertones. They were losing people- a lot of people. Each boss fight was whittling them down, each encounter left an etching on their souls that they'd never forget. Well, those who made it out wouldn't forget. "Some people don't think you really die if you die in game, but... I can't even begin to imagine why people would take that risk. I didn't really like Dom too much myself, he was a bit too extreme and he liked to boast about himself every chance he got, but he didn't deserve... y'know." Takao shook his head and exhaled a long, forcefully steady breath. It was odd how quiet Aincrad felt without the two of them, and Takao wasn't quite sure if he preferred the silence yet.

"It's worked for me so far." He said as the topic changed toward the prospect of tackling the game on one's lonesome. He'd been lucky so far, and had plenty of close encounters, but that luck would run out eventually; he knew that much. "Trusting people just seems to be gettin' you killed lately too, so I think I'll keep doin' what's worked. Anyway," Takao responded, stretching his arms as his legs tensed and brought the rest of him to a stand. He gripped the handle of his sword and turned to face the door separating them from the boss. "Just 'bout time we take this thing out, yeah?"

"You never really know who you could trust. Who would've known one of the most powerful players would turn on us like that... Anyways, we should kill that boss." Ratatosk unsheathed his sword from its scabbard, getting ready to fight. Sadly, he wasn't the one to be doing the actual fighting, that would be Takao's job. "You ready? And don't say one of those cheesy hero lines, like 'I was born ready' or something." He chuckled, that crime was of the many he committed, Ratatosk used to always say that just to piss off his friends. But now, he doesn't have very many, and Kranzer has gone missing. What was it that Ventus told him to do? 

ID: 56528
BD: 9 + 3(ACC)
MD: 7

Takao: 222/229 (56/56) [ 55(DMG) - 48(MIT) = -7HP ]
Sword Art: «Lightning Fall» (13(Base) + 5(Charge) + 6(Alcoholic) + 1(Critical) = 25 * 11(SA) = 275 DMG)
Hate: [ 2 ]

Manticore 75/350 [ -275 HP ]
55 Damage per hit

"We're lucky everybody decided to stick around for the raid. I don't think we would've cleared it otherwise." Takao said in response, jade eyes set upon the large wooden doors before him. They were similar in design to those of the boss rooms he had experienced thus far, though dissimilar in scale. As Ratatosk requested for him to not respond with a cheesy one liner, Takao smirked slightly. "Alright, no cheesy hero lines." He said, shifting his attention from over his shoulder and back onto the doors. He raised his right leg and slammed the heel of his boot into the middle, forcing the doors open. "Alright Chumps, time's up. Let's do this!" He said, grinning widely as he charged in, effortlessly launching into an assault on the unsuspecting boss monster. Eleven hits ravaged its body, which was some bastardized mixture of a lion and a scorpion. As his attack came to an end, Takao slammed the blade of his sword through the barbed tail and into the ground, pinning it there. "Go ahead 'n take a shot! Should be safe."

Edited by Takao

"Alright!" After Takao charged in, he did the same with his sword to his side. He watched him deal a big amount of damage to the Manticore as it staggered, now was his chance. The sword in his hands shined (Like in those anime fight scenes) as he rushed up to the boss, Ratatosk used his strongest sword art to hit it. Five quick stabs, and then three finishing slashes. He didn't kill the boss, but its HP went down into the red zone and that made him smile. "One more and he's dead!"

ID# 58160

BD 7

Ratatosk: 72/72 HP, 10/18 Energy, 2 Acc, 2 Eva, 18 Mit

DMG: 1 (Base) + 3 (Weapon) + 4 (Skill) x 8 = 64

Manticore 11/350 [ -64 HP ]
55 Damage per hit

Edited by Ratatosk

ID: 58173
BD: 5 + 3(ACC)
MD: DEAD
LD: 21 ((11) + 5(S&D) + 3(HoM) + 2(Vitamins)

Takao: 222/229 (45/56) (+1/-1)
Sword Art: «Slant» (13(Base) + 6(Alcoholic) = 19 * 1(SA) = 19 DMG)
Hate: [ 2 ]

Manticore 0/350 [ -19 HP ]
55 Damage per hit

Takao hefted his blade from the ground and through the tail when Ratatosk's attack landed, reducing the health gauge to near empty levels. Takao swung the sword up onto his shoulder and tilted the tip backward, activating the lowest level sword art he had available to his weapon. The system-assisted strike cleaved straight through the monster, swiftly killing it. The beast shuddered and shattered into colourful, confetti-like polygons. The brunet sheathed his sword and rolled his shoulders, allowing a long yawn to escape his lungs. "Alright then, that's that. Good work."

Thread Rewards

24 Materials
15160 Col (Monsters)
400 Col
1SP

Dungeon Rewards

3SP
2600 Col = 21(LD) + 5(Floor#) * 100)
6 Materials

TOTAL REWARDS

15 Materials (Takao)
15 Materials (Ratatosk)