[PP-F1] Diamond Eyes <<Earning A Living>>

"...'Ey that's alright... one material is good enough for now.  Toss that crappy old pickaxe aside and let's head back to my shop.  We'll see how you do with crafting your first piece of gear.  If you manage to make something half decent, you just might be cut out to be a blacksmith after all."  With that, Ronin turned his back on the cave and looked back toward town.  From here, he wondered if he might even be able to see his little rinky dink of a shop.  Nah, not quite.  "C'mon, let's go see what happens..." he encouraged, stepping down the hillside and smoking at his cigarette.  As he traveled back toward town and back to his ship, he tried at the heart rings a few more times, though he couldn't quite seem to get it.  Perhaps with a little more practice...

Rae looked at him for a few seconds and wondered just what he expected her to make out of one piece of ore. But she didn't question him and placed the pick-axe against the wall and speed walking to catch up to Ronin. She looked down at the city, actually for the same reason Ronin did, to see if she could see the shop from here, But she couldn't really see it. After that she began to follow Ronin down the hill and towards the city.

Once Ronin arrived back at his little shanty of a shop, he paused for a moment, peeking back and allowing a chance for Rae to catch up.  He knew she was just getting started, so it might take her a little longer to find her way around for now.  Puffing at his cigarette, he widdled it down to almost nothing and once again flicked it to the breeze.  Such was the never ending cycle of a chain smoker.  Hacking and spitting at the ground, he wiped his gloved backhand across his lips and then poked his head inside his shop. 

"Alrighty... let's see how this goes..." he said, stepping over to his anvil and lifting his mallet.  "So..." began the blacksmith mentor, "...all you gotta' do now is heat that material you found in the forge for a moment, then lay it here on the anvil and give it a couple good whacks with this mallet.  Then just stand back and watch to see if you end up making a good item."   Ronin had never really put too much thought into all this before, so it was turning out to be a bit of a learning experience for him as well.  He was looking forward to see if she'd make anything good.  If so,  he might just decide to take her under his wing.

Rae followed Ronin back into the shack and stood by the door as she listened to him speak. She listened to him explain what she had to do and nodded. "Alrighty, Will do." Rae said and walked over to the forge, she placed her material into the forge until it was heated enough and then pulled it out, brought it over to the anvil, and gave it a few hard whacks with the mallet, after doing that she took a step back with the Mallet in her hands and watched as the material took the shape of a good basic dagger and smiled. "Hey I did it." Rae said smiling and looking back at Ronin with a smile on her face.

ID# 55560:

Craft:9=good item

"[censored], wouldja' look at that," Ronin breathed, watching as the girl made a dagger on her very first attempt.  "Right on... so that's really all there is to it.  Ya' go out, look for materials, then bring 'em back to yer shop and try yer hand at crafting 'em.  You can only do a certain amount of crafts per day to start out, but the more you work at it, the more experience you'll gain and before you know it, you'll level up 'yer skill and unlock the ability to not only try and craft more items each day, but better quality items as well." 

Ronin then looked down at the dagger once again.  "Seems like a decent peace, but I'd suggest you think long and hard about it and decide if ya' really wanna' be a blacksmith or not.  There's lots of other professions out there and they all have some pretty cool benefits.  Find the one that suits ya' best.  I dunno' if my little shanty here is really ready to hold another person right now, but if ya' get yer own shop up and running, be sure to send me a message and lemme' know, I'll drop by and check it out." 

The chain smoker had decided he wasn't quite ready for an apprentice, despite Rae having done a pretty good job of learning the ropes.  For now, he was just trying to figure it all out for himself really and didn't know if having someone else in his shop would get in his way.  He would wish the girl the best o' luck and send her on her way.   Whatever job she chose and whatever shop she decided to open up, he was sure she'd do quite alright.

Summary

• Ronin: +1 SP, +200 Col

• Rae Amalia Rose: +2 SP, +200 Col, +Basic Dagger

Quest Complete!